Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #226  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

happy birthday diana!!!

i ended the day at 1395 calories and 76 carbs...somehow those carbs snuck up on me today *sigh* gotta work on that tomorrow...i seem to be starvinggg all mornings and then not hungry through the afternoon and into the evening, when i'll eat a little more...i'm really trying to only eat when im hungry and to have gum in my mouth when i'd otherwise be tempted to eat off plan with the kids' stuff...am very tired today and dont know why but YAY! it's the weekend!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:00 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 274/266/180

Height: 5'11"

The junk food is out of the house and I have started to journal again. I need to set some short term goals- with non-food rewards of course. Excersize...well that is another challenge.

Best of luck to all of you- keep working
nomorexcuses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:35 AM   #228  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Happy birthday Diana!!

My weight is still 224 - no change today. I have decided to try calorie cycling to try to minimize the lengthy periods with no weight change.

Mon goal 1651 calories - actual was
Tue goal 1201 calories - actual was
Wed goal 1501 calories - actual was
Thur goal 1351 calories - actual was
Fri goal 1801 calories - actual was 1829 29 over
Sat goal 1501 calories - actual was
Sun goal 1501 calories - actual was

I am told that calorie cycling provides same amount of calories per week, in my case 1500 per day average for the week but 'tricks' your body by constantly changing daily calories. This is supposed to help prevent or break plateaus.

No chance for exercise today.

Larry,

Last edited by Larry H; 07-16-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:15 AM   #229  
BlockHead =)

Weird. I unintentionally came in very low on my cals yesterday. Carbs and fats were lower then I've been eating lately too. And sodium was not high (I haven't been tracking it but I went back and checked). I am up a pound today. I also was exhausted yesterday. Didn't sleep well the night before and was tired all day. Fell asleep on the couch. I need to start tracking the role sleep/tiredness plays in both my craving level and my weight fluctuation. So much to learn about how this all works.

DH lost 1.5 pounds this week.

Happy, healthy Saturday to all
Jen

and...

Happy (belated?) birthday Diana!!!

Welcome Back, Larry

have fun on holiday Isabella

nomoreexcuses good for you! sounds like we are in a similar place...i just started getting back on track the last week of June..glad you are here

mamakat good for you on the no popcorn! we are going to see the new Harry Potter tomorrow and I am nervous. We're going to breakfast first, but I am a movie muncher though usually candy not popcorn. The drink will be fine as I always get water, but I don't know how I will handle a movie that long without something to munch. Trying to think of what I can sneak in that's low carb and not too stinky lol (I think my low carb pitas and humus would be stinky, or hard boiled eggs lol )

Also, very cool about your kids eating healthier. Sounds like a great NSV to me!

alaskan i chew gum at work to avoid breathing on patients when I have to get up close..we have a girl in the office with rancid breath and as far as I know mine is not but I worry about it after smelling hers! but I try to drink a glass of water when I feel munchy so I can tell if it's real hunger or not. I wish I could clean when emotional..I envy people who do that..or those that exercise. My house would be so clean and/or I would be thin!
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:24 AM   #230  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning, Everyone! I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Enjoy!

My Birthday is Sunday! All of you have already started the party, so that means I can celebrate for 2 days! Thank you so much for the Birthday wishes.

My friend and her husband (he's the one that helped DH with the A/C installation) came by the shop yesterday. She gave me a card and a new lipstick for my birthday. We are suppose to get together next week and go out for dinner. She has been such a huge supporter of me and I her. She is doing Weight Watchers. I think she has lost 19 pounds in 2 months. She is not very tall and I could really see the weight loss on her. She looks fab! I am so glad that she found a plan that works for her. She tried calorie counting, but didn't like that. Weight Watchers is a perfect fit for her.

Weigh In: 144
Down: 1 pound

This morning I woke up and my fingers felt tight. I thought for sure that I was going to have a gain, but I didn't. I think it's the whole pending TTOM/hormonal thing going on. It could also be that I haven't gotten rid of the water weight from the Japanese restaurant. But I think the hormones are the biggest culprit.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:58 AM   #231  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Well this way Diana, you get TWO days of birthday wishes! Any plans? And maybe your fingers felt tight from holding the jump rope for 1500 jumps? Holy Moly!!!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #232  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Worked last night and I actually made some correct decisions. I drank some water instead of that juice and I didn't touch or eat that cake!
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:00 AM   #233  
BlockHead =)

hmm...first time in a couple of weeks that my tummy is upset
not sure if it was the splenda in the dessert last night or maybe ttom related or what
but now i'm hungry and trying to figure out what i can eat that is tummy friendly and not high carb...i don't think my usual toast is a good idea

aha..i toasted one of my low carb pitas...yummy! the warm crunchy comfort of toast but still kind to my blood sugar and weight loss

Last edited by jeniansmom; 07-16-2011 at 09:16 AM.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:18 AM   #234  
Trying to live below 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
Well this way Diana, you get TWO days of birthday wishes! Any plans? And maybe your fingers felt tight from holding the jump rope for 1500 jumps? Holy Moly!!!
Berry Every year I save my credit card points to take each of us out for our birthday. I always choose to eat lobster. The plan is to go to Red Lobster. I will probably get a 3 pound live Main lobster. Yes, I eat the whole thing! Did I ever mention that I am a big eater. Anyways, I do give DH and Mom a taste if they want. I don't normally eat any sides. I don't know how hungry I will feel tomorrow. We'll see about the sides.

Now, about the Birthday dessert . . . I have been fantasizing about peanut butter. I have been planning to get a piece of peanut butter pie. Here is my dilemma. You know I have been dealing with a food allergy/intolerance. I still don't have it figured out, I don't think. Friday a week ago, I had those damn mixed nuts. I haven't had anything with nuts since. I don't think I am going to eat the peanut butter pie that I am so wanting. I am going to give it another week without nuts and see how my reaction is.

This is something about my allergy that I don't understand. Overall, it has improved 1000%. A year ago, I literally had facial and full body swelling. My lips would swell and I would break out around my mouth. My lips would be huge! I still break out around my mouth a little. I can tell that I will still gain water weight and become constipated. That's what happened when we went out of town the last time. I had some of those mixed nuts then and desserts with peanut butter. So, I don't know what the deal is with me and this allergy. I have been a week without anything with nuts, so I don't want to eat it now and then have to start all over.
Old 07-16-2011, 09:26 AM   #235  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniansmom View Post
hmm...first time in a couple of weeks that my tummy is upset
not sure if it was the splenda in the dessert last night or maybe ttom related or what
but now i'm hungry and trying to figure out what i can eat that is tummy friendly and not high carb...i don't think my usual toast is a good idea
My DW is allergic to Splenda , it upsets her stomach every time. I have started using Stevia for cooking and that is not bothering her.

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:32 AM   #236  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone as of this morning I've officially lost 25 lbs. That picture in my avatar is me at Easter, before I started this journey. I really wish I could be taking progress pictures but I don't have a camera anymore. so I have no idea if that loss is noticeable yet. DF can't tell yet, either. Oh well, even if I look the same I feel better about it mentally. And I can't wait to lose more. I'm at an even 264 today.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:45 AM   #237  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

shish :congrats: on the loss. Might be DF doesn't notice because he's with you all the time. I'm 2 sizes smaller than last year (not in bra ) and DH doesn't notice. We do notice however, that my right arm flab is more than an inch tighter than my left arm. It is so freaky looking.

larry I didn't even know it was possible to be allergic to Splenda, but then I didn't know you could be allergic to carrots and celery. My daughter is and like Diana she gets swollen lips. Sorry but I laugh every time, it amazes me to see them blow up like balloons right before your eyes.

wannabe good job on passing up that cake...that's a hard for me too.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:58 AM   #238  
Trying to live below 200

Larry Which Stevia do you like? The one that I like is Stevia in the Raw. DH is old school and prefers Sweet 'n Low. Although, he doesn't like any of it and prefers sugar.

mamakat The running joke with me is that I get Octomom lips. Octomom lips are bigger than Angelina Jolie lips.

shishkeberry Congrats on the 25 pounds! That's awesome! I agree, DF may not notice because he sees you every day. Something weird with me, no one really noticed my weight loss until I hit the 90 pound mark. I don't know why and it really hurt my feelings. I think it's because when most people see me, I am behind my desk. I have always carried my weight below my waist, so they didn't notice much. Most people really took notice of me since the first of the year and I lost the last 30 pounds. I think people are more wrapped up with themselves and don't notice other people.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:13 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Hello my friends. It has been so long that I have been away but it hasn't been without thinking of you. I am sorry...

I have been so busy and off my program and now feeling very bad about it. I don't even feel the need to reach 150 any longer. But REALLY to be so close to losing 100 pounds... I am feeling the need to do that. I have to make it my number one priority again. Any bit of encouragement would be helpful at this point. Although I have continued some exercising I have not been diligent about my diet. Need some willpower there.

I am going to go back and try to catch up on what has been happening with all of you.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #240  
Life is about balance

S/C/G: 283/ticker/140

Go Stacey Go You Can Do This !

Ok, I've waited long enough...I'm up .8. Blah I wanted another pound, Oh well. I plan to go on a very long walk today so maybe that will help. DH is making a low carb breakfast in my honor...thank you darling

I hope you all have a wonderful and happy day.
mamakat is offline   Reply With Quote