Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-15-2011, 01:08 AM   #181  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
OK, since Alaskan has AHHHED us with her gorgeous photos, I thought I'd share one from tonite I took as I was running downtown. A beautiful southern sunset overlooking the MS River, and if you look closely, you can see the Memphis Queen!!

Attachment 39776

I love to run at sunset, especially when the weather is cooperative!!
that is gorgeous!! so gorgeous it took me three tries to spell that word right

where is that? where do you live? i LOVE to be places where you can just see endlessly into the horizon without all the mountains blocking the view...i saw before you said something about shucking corn too...i would love to live where there's lots of fruits and vegetables...my aunt lives in michigan(?)...*crap, where does she live?* or wisconsin maybe...but i talk to her on facebook all the time and she has acres of fruit to pick from...sooo jealous!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:09 AM   #182  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GainingWeightInLa View Post

Soo, I went to Dr. today.....she wants to have a CT scan done Monday morning at 9 a.m. to see what it is (she saw it/felt it, too)....says it could be just a fatty tumor (it's soft and movable--not attached to anything). I'm scared....trying not to be, but I am......also having some pain in my lower back on the left side. Please remember me in your prayers if you don't mind. I'd truly appreciate it!

Praying vigorously to Christ on your behalf, Diana--not only for this to be non-cancerous in form, but also for your conscious.
It is difficult to wait an entire weekend for something you feel like need now, especially medical. I pray anxiety will flee from you!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:26 AM   #183  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

LOL! i just figured it out! k9=krystal=facebook and i ONLY figured that out when i saw the same photo on there....i need to pay attention to detail more often LMAO!
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 01:34 AM   #184  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
that is gorgeous!! so gorgeous it took me three tries to spell that word right

where is that? where do you live? i LOVE to be places where you can just see endlessly into the horizon without all the mountains blocking the view...i saw before you said something about shucking corn too...i would love to live where there's lots of fruits and vegetables...my aunt lives in michigan(?)...*crap, where does she live?* or wisconsin maybe...but i talk to her on facebook all the time and she has acres of fruit to pick from...sooo jealous!
I live close to Memphis, TN. I purposefully drive to this particular park just to run and drive my car.

I grew up on a farm in MS. My family mostly grew purple hulled peas(literally acres), but we always kept a field for watermelons, cantaloupes, okra, green beans, corn, butter beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, and potatoes. Himalayan Blackberries grow wild and they have 1 apple tree and a pecan tree!
Since my dad retired last year, he has taken back up his green thumb of planting mass quantities of everything. They had a smaller garden over the past few years, but this one is as big as the one we had when I was a child (12 acres) and that's how my dad earned a living.
He also gets 2-3 pigs and cows a year, fattens them up, then carries them to the slaughterhouse. It's quite a chore.
My life now is totally different living & working near a major city, but I still love to can, freeze, and preserve homemade fruits, jams, syrups, and veggies from the garden.
It's interesting...not many of our generation know how to preserve and process their own food. I am glad to know I am one of the few!
Old 07-15-2011, 01:35 AM   #185  
~Krystal~

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
LOL! i just figured it out! k9=krystal=facebook and i ONLY figured that out when i saw the same photo on there....i need to pay attention to detail more often LMAO!

Are you an undercover natural blonde??
Old 07-15-2011, 05:54 AM   #186  
BlockHead =)

Official Friday weigh in is 257.5 That's down 5.5 lbs from last week. And my fasting blood sugar was 141 this am! Still tired from TTOM, but feeling good overall.

K9: Beautiful pic, thanks for sharing

Happy, healthy day to everyone!
Jen
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #187  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Good Morning and TGIF!

The board was down last night for maintenance, so I didn't get to post my foods.

I'm thinking TTOM is getting ready to start. I have some symptoms already and the dreaded insomnia.

Weigh In: 145
Up .2 from yesterday

Total Approx 1440 calories +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (700 Calories)
Grilled Mahi 400 calories
2 very small hush puppies 100 calories
2 orders green beans 200 calories

Exercise:
KCM's 30 MTF Circuit Burn (both workouts w/ 8's and 10's and weighted gloves)

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-15-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:10 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

Did anyone miss me?

It's great to return to technology!! The friend that I stayed with for our family reunion has no internet access It felt like I was living in ancient times.

Enjoyed myself a lot but I was a little over on my plan for food while I was away. Not a lot but definitely over. I averaged 1700 calories a day and my plan is 1500.

I will weigh later this morning and I hope it the scale will at least show no gain.

Diana in LA -- My prayers are for you and yours. To have to wait for an answer about your lump really sucks big time.

Larry
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:39 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I love all the pictures!

Here's one of me on my hike on 7/3. The picture is facing south toward the town I grew up in. And for the record, that's only the first of the lookouts on that hike. It's only gets higher from there.

OK, just figured out about attachments. I don't think of myself as a computer idiot, but maybe I should rethink...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg breakneck.jpg (15.3 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by zoodoo613; 07-15-2011 at 07:42 AM.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #190  

DianaLa, praying for you . Hang in there, I hope you find some comfort knowing we are all here. . .
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:45 AM   #191  
I Need Accountablity!

S/C/G: 190/Ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

I am checking in. I am keeping myself accountable and I promise to watch the calories that go in my mouth and calories that will NOT go in my mouth!

I am sleeping and working the next three nights, so I have to plan carefully for those night time foods.
WannaBeLoserAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:54 AM   #192  

Darn Tacos! I was gearing up for a new low today only to find I am 0.8 up from yesterday!!! Okay, I know I said my focus was maintenance right now to help me get through this next week, but once I saw how close I was to a new low and to the 170's, my focus has changed to that. Maybe it is just the blip up before a new low. One can only hope, right?

Anyhow, today I am off for my walk and last night had planned that I would get in a short run after my walk, maybe 2 more miles, just to shake things up a bit. Also, lots of work on the sale today so my activity level should be nice and high. Haven't decided dinner yet, that is usually the deciding factor in my calorie allowance because breakfast and lunch (if I have lunch) is pretty much the same every day.

Diana3271, loved the fish tacos! Not sure the rest of the family did, but I did. I ended up making the pineapple sauce which I really liked on them. I didn't sleep well last night either.

Wow, I am talking about food already!

Ok, off to meet my friend for our walk.
jomatho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #193  
~Krystal~

ZooDoo: What a gorgeous view!! it! I love being in the “clouds”

Larry: :welcome1: back to reality!

JenIansmom
: on the 5.5 lbs!! WTG!!

Mlgibson
: Like the new avi! Great job on the 3 miles walk. I took River—myLab/Pit—with me yesterday and after 4 miles, she was zonked!!

MamaKat: I’m so glad you decided to continue posting with us! You are really “Doing It” What a sweet commie about my cooking. I am a decent cook until I am measured against my mother, then I don’t know anything about cooking!!

Scarlett
: on reaching Onederland!! What an accomplishment!

Isabella: The same reason you stopped tracking exercise cals is the same reason I upped my loss from 1 lb to 1.5 lbs a week. If I can see I can eat more, I will!!

Jo: on getting back down to your low. No clue on the fish taco sauce. For some reason, when they came out with that, I thought—EWWWE! It’s probably good, but I just can’t see it.

Hi to everyone else!

Hoping everyone has a great Friday, full of OP options and choices!!

I am down a measly 0.4 to put me at 150 exactly. I had been up to 153.6 on Monday, so I can't complain at all!
Hey, at this rate, I may reach goal around the Christmas holiday
Old 07-15-2011, 08:08 AM   #194  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Morning everyone! Missed you all last night while the site was down!

K9 Beautiful photo and that would make a beautiful run!

Zoodoo Ditto to your photo! I bet that hike was wonderful!

Jeniansmom yay for the blood sugar and yay to your husband starting to make the switch to healthier eating too! And yes, the best gift for getting healthier is what it does for the kids. That's one thing I always felt so guilty about - the "do as i say, not as I do" thing I had going on with food and exercise.

Alaskanlaughter Glad your DH is doing great and that the sunburn didn't get as bad as it could have.

mlgibson try not to get stuck on a number you hope to reach in X amount of time. Especially with as little extra weight that you have, expecting 10 or more pounds a month is extremely difficult and getting healthier and fitter is the key, not how fast you do it. Remember, you didn't gain those 10 plus pounds in a month, so it doesn't need to come off in a month.

Mamakat Hope you slept well last night and good luck with painting today.

Diana3271 Hope Magnum is doing well today. Do you take him to work with you guys? Or does he stay at home?

LarryH I figured your absence was vacation related. isn't it amazing how living life without the internet feels like ancient times? Yet, we've only had that (most of us) for the last 15 years! (18 years for me).
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:14 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Diana, my thoughts are with you. I know it's very scary, but don't let the worry wreak havoc on your life when it very well could be something mindor.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote