Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #301  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

The scale is still dropping (199.0) but I'm still not back to where I was. My most obvious swelling is gone, and I started questioning whether I'd actually gained 2.5 real lbs over the weekend. I know that it's an absurd way to think, and I need to take a longer view. But it's still distressing when I need to look back 3 weeks to find a weight higher than I am right now. I tell myself that I'm OK with slow loss, and that I understand and won't flip out if an occasional celebration slows me down further, and it's true that in 2 weeks I won't be upset with myself, but it's hard to remember that when I'm confronted with the numbers I'm seeing right now.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #302  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Hugs, zoodoo i know exactly how you feel. It's like you already lost those pounds and now you have to fight them all over again. You didn't mind the first time, but this time it's like a slap in the face. It sucks.
265.6 on the scale this morning. It's amazing. I'm extremely excited! I just keep thinking "this time next year, I'll be in onederland for the first time since high school!" what a Wonderful thought! Thank god for 3fc!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 AM   #303  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodoo613 View Post
The scale is still dropping (199.0) but I'm still not back to where I was. My most obvious swelling is gone, and I started questioning whether I'd actually gained 2.5 real lbs over the weekend. I know that it's an absurd way to think, and I need to take a longer view. But it's still distressing when I need to look back 3 weeks to find a weight higher than I am right now. I tell myself that I'm OK with slow loss, and that I understand and won't flip out if an occasional celebration slows me down further, and it's true that in 2 weeks I won't be upset with myself, but it's hard to remember that when I'm confronted with the numbers I'm seeing right now.
Yep, totally get it. Last cycle I got down to 201.8. I climbed back up to 204 something. I didn't feel I actually 'lost' any weight until I was back down to 201.8 because I knew it was all water weight.

So, I ended this cycle at 196.4 I believe and I've been going up since. Stuck at 198.2 for two days and I will probably go up some more if my normal pattern plays out. Relosing the same pounds suck - especially when you know it's water weight.

But we do have to remember - the trend is still downward overall just sometimes we have these annoying blips that mess with us mentally.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 AM   #304  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

I'm up .2 to 189.6.

Had a great workout last night!!! 30 mins of hardcore incline walking on a minimum of level 7.5. Also 15 mins run at 5.0. Definitely worked up a good sweat. It felt good! I'm going back for more incline walking tonight. The plan is for 30 mins of incline walking, maybe with a light jog in there fo4r good measure and then at least 20 mins of pilates. I NEED to commit to pilates and yoga. I'm back on that horse again. I'm pushing hard to stay on it this time.

In summary, my scale can bite me. I will fight on.

BBL
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 11:12 AM   #305  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

ZooDoo: I am so feeling your words—actually, I have been for over 2 weeks now. This journey has really been more of a mental train ride this time around & it doesn’t help when your coach is super fit and pushing you hard! I like the challenge, don’t get me wrong, but some days—I feel very defeated!

Shish: on your loss!

Vix: My scale can mimic yours!

Jo: When I came on and started reading all of the horrid scale stories over the weekend, I kinda felt relieved as well. I mean, I really feel like we are all on a team together, and while I hate to stall or –even worse—gain, it helps to know I’m not alone. I have been in multiple weight loss groups in my lifetime, but never one such as this where I have to be accountable everyday for every morsel and every step. I love that!

AbbySue: Your post inspired me so much! I especially loved reading this “2. I have a fridge like one of those "healthy" people and its not because I was starting some new diet and had to fill up my fridge with stuff I wouldn't eat because the "book" told me to.” When I started detoxing from processed carbs about a month ago, I unfilled all of my pantry that was full of a variety of different cereals and restocked my fridge with Greek yogurt, Ricotta and Cottage cheese. My pantry is now stocked with a variety of canned or dry beans, and I love it!

Diana32: Thinking about you and your sweet magnum today.

Alaskan: I love reading your posts! You seriously CRACK ME UP!!

Gosh, where did my morning go? Sleeping!! BBL Have an AWESOME day!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:25 PM   #306  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

good morning! back to having some extra kids around today...scale is still dropping down, back down to 209.0 this mornign so i know i'm quickly losing what i gained over the holiday...saw a few strawberries starting to grow on my plants out in the yard! hope the birds dont get them before i can get mesh put over them
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 12:27 PM   #307  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixsin View Post
I'm up .2 to 189.6.

Had a great workout last night!!! 30 mins of hardcore incline walking on a minimum of level 7.5. Also 15 mins run at 5.0. Definitely worked up a good sweat. It felt good! I'm going back for more incline walking tonight. The plan is for 30 mins of incline walking, maybe with a light jog in there fo4r good measure and then at least 20 mins of pilates. I NEED to commit to pilates and yoga. I'm back on that horse again. I'm pushing hard to stay on it this time.

In summary, my scale can bite me. I will fight on.

BBL
Glad to see that workouts are going so well. You know, I've never tried any of the machines at the gym! and incline? Yuck! (But good for you!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkeberry View Post
265.6 on the scale this morning. It's amazing. I'm extremely excited! I just keep thinking "this time next year, I'll be in onederland for the first time since high school!" what a Wonderful thought! Thank god for 3fc!
So glad to see the enthusiasm and the nice and steady weight loss. I know in the beginning it seems like such a HUGE mountain to climb, but it actually can go quite quickly and having a good attitude about it! Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jomatho View Post
Wow, who knew 4th of July weekend would be such a stumbling block for so many of us? It does make me feel a little better knowing I am not the only one trying to get back at it!
Besides my walk today, I got a huge amount of weeds pulled, trimmed some bushes and trees and moved a few plants. I think that is enough activity for today, especially for a day I didn't feel like doing anything. Hoping I burned some good calories!!!
Probably catch you all tomorrow, another baseball game tonight. . .
It is insteresting that 4th is a big food holiday. Now for me it was one meal and not a whole weekend of stuff, but makes me wonder, has it always been that way? I don't remember it being such a big deal when I was a kid. Or was that just my family?

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbysue715 View Post
I have lost 64.5 pounds since I had Landon. It's been really hard for me to see any kind of physical change and I think that's simply because I was in such denial about the way my body looked at my weight. I know that its just not possible to drop 60+pounds and look the exact same. I guess in my head the number on the scale went up but my body didn't change all that much. WRONG! I am fitting into some shirts that I had before I got pregnant and my swimsuit from last summer still fits albeit its a snug fit though! Those are not really things that I had gotten excited about though.
I made the grocery list and Justin went to the store. That is the way we usually get the shopping done unless it is our one big trip of the month and then we leave Landon with Grandma. We got groceries yesterday. Today I was feeling overwhelmed and getting really irritated with the kids. I think I left my patience in bed this morning. I immediately felt hungry. I know by now that it was not real hunger but that didn't help the feeling go away. I read my motivational quotes, prayed, did some deep breathing and still wanted to eat. So I decided I was legitimately hungry and made my way to the kitchen. What did I want to eat? Something sweet, or something crunchy. I was trying to justify having junk to satisfy this "real" hunger. There isn't any junk in the house. Its not something I planned. I didn't go through the cabinets or purge any goodies that were laying around. Apparently since I have been eating healthier and I am the one that makes the grocery lists as the old things got eaten there was nothing being brought in to replace them. This means some very exciting things for me.
1. I didn't even realize we had no junk which means its been a while since I looked for it.
2. I have a fridge like one of those "healthy" people and its not because I was starting some new diet and had to fill up my fridge with stuff I wouldn't eat because the "book" told me to.
3. Justin is starting to take this seriously. He is the one that does the shopping he could have very easily gotten junk because he wanted it.
I have obviously been making small changes and over time they are adding up. Now I still have daycare food in the house but I can't justify eating that for any reason. I know its daycare food and its not for me. After realizing all of this I got a big glass of ice water and just played the waiting game. It took a good 30 or so minutes for me not to feel ravenous. But you know what, it didn't kill me! I am alive and well. That feeling that I swore could only be quenched be eating went away. So even though I don't see progress in the mirror I see progress on a much deeper level and that, for me, is priceless. I now believe that once I get to the other side of this weight battle the war will be over and I will have won.
Part of the problem with weight loss is that we see ourselves everyday and we can't see the progress as fresh eyes see it. Plus, if you are like me, you still all the flaws, not the improvements. Like, it's teh same saggy tummy, the same flabby arms - but rationally I know and can measure that the flabby arms are 4 inches smaller and the gut is 5 inches smaller. It's just hard to see that on a day to day basis. But it IS happening!

And congrats on beating the munchies and with stocking your house with good foods without even realizing you had done it! That is amazing progress and something you SHOULD be proud of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Hi Everyone!

Update from the Vet on Magnum: His red blood cells have dropped quite a bit. That means there is internal bleeding. I was suspicious of that in the first place. There are are also issues with his liver enzymes and another liver test. That leads the Vet to believe there is some type of bleeding associated with the liver. The Vet would rather do an Ultra Sound first to find out if it's operable. He doesn't want to do exploratory surgery just to find out it wasn't operable in the first place. It just so happens that tomorrow is surgery day for the Vet. We will go have the Ultra Sound in the morning and decide from there what we are going to do.

The interesting thing about Magnum today is that you can tell he feels better, he has eaten all of his food, and he doesn't seem bloated around the abdomen anymore. I don't know what's up with all of that. At least he feels better. I really dread tomorrow, though.
Hope you get good news about Magnum today - poor doggy! How old is he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
I had a decent night at work and a great semi-OP day today.
Although, now that I know how many cals are in sushi, I may not be so tempted to eat it!

to everyone getting back OP!! We can do this TOGETHER!!
Good job with getting back on plan. The ability to get back with it so easily and quickly really does show the ability to make progress. It really does mean that one day off is one day off and not a derailing of efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukale View Post
My husband and I are both off from work this week. We are staying home and doing day trips with the kids, mostly in Charleston. I am getting a lot of walking in this week. But I have been eating a lot of junk food at the fireworks, waterpark and at the aquarium. We still have a day at the beach planned and a day just walking around downtown Charleston and doing a horse and buggy ride one day. My weigh in day is Friday so I hope it all evens out. I will get back to my regular routine and eating in a couple of days. I really did my food menu laid out so I know what I am eating each day. I didn't realize how much I would miss that.
I know you are gone in the middle of your mini vacation, but I hope it's a great time for all of you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlgibson View Post
Had a good day, 1,100 calories. Had to close, so no walk with the dog, but tomorrow I have the day off...so 3 miles or more it is!
Hope you got that walk in and enjoyed your day off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
had a good day on plan today! carbs are at 36 total right now but i might eat something before bedtime, havent been very hungry today...was starvingggg this morning, ate on track, and now i'm not hungry at all...however i saw a raspberry vigaigrette (omg spelling?) dressing at the store that i'm really tempted to go get even though its 8 p.m....

NSV!!! two of them!! - DH was in an utterly rotten mood today (i know he's upset because his cousin passed away, i know i'm the one he feels safe being a jerk to, but still *sigh*).....so after our son went to sleep early tonight, i DID NOT get into the junk food around here, i DID NOT even pig out on low carb fare...i went for a 45-minute bike ride out towards the glacier instead! AND i wore a really tight fuzzy black sweater that i couldnt hardly fit before and i felt SKINNY! i've never felt skinny riding a bike in my whole life! LOL!

i think i need some raspberry viniagrette to celebrate! lol
yay for the bike ride versus eating crap! And sorry your husband was being awful. I hope things are better today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsabellaOlivia View Post
Yesterday I Had 1272 calories. My workout ripped in 30 was 250 calories.
Good job! That's one workout I've been afraid to try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeniansmom View Post
Another interesting day yesterday. I am learning every day. I am having fun experimenting with different low cal/low carb/low fat foods so I can come up with a standard list of healthy choices to keep in the house and then add variety around that.
I discovered these these small pitas that have flax and oatbran in them and are only 45 cals, 4 net carbs, and 1 fat gram each.
I am currently eating my first ever egg white egg substitute omelet..and it's tasty!
Ended up on the high side for yesterday b/c of what we had for supper, but when I think of how I modified the meal and how bad it normally would have been, I am feeling pretty good about it
I am finding that the changes in the way I eat are causing me to um have a build up of the kind of "stuff" that Diana mentioned. I hope that "stuff" goes away before my official weekly weigh in tomorrow!
It's amazing how little changes can make a big impact. Like I thought getting rid of simple carbs would be terrible, but I don't even miss them! Of coruse it really helps when you cook your own food and enjoy cooking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomo View Post
It has been more than a week that I have checked in and it is really great to see how well everyone is progressing. I was a bit afraid of stepping on the scale (but some of you who know my "scale" story would understand why). I had left the good habits aside for a few days over the weekend and was dreading stepping on the scale. In fact, I didn't exaggerate in much but I did in carbs. I was still so much more aware of what I was doing in my exaggeration...if that makes any sense?!?

I'm back to drinking the water and planning my meals. That is a HUGE factor for me. I need to have all ingredients on hand and plan my meals before I'm hungry.
And good job for checking back in and staying with the program!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H View Post
Interesting day yesterday, I had a planned outing to a minor league baseball game with my son and his family and saw my third fireworks display in three days. I love salted in the shell peanuts while watching baseball at the ball park. These peanuts are high calorie and high sodium. Knowing this I adjusted my eating during the day so that I could have them. The peanut bag from the food compny had a nutrition label printed on it. It contained five (5) servings and each serving was 170 calories and 125 mg of sodium. I ate the whole bag!!

When I got back to my Son's home at about 10:45 PM I calculated my daily food total. I had 1211 calories which is on plan!! I also had 1005 mg of sodium also on plan!! Life does not get much better than that!!

I upped my walking yesterday to two (2) miles and my two adult grandsons went with me. By the way my two grandson's and I rode three motorcycles to the ball park about a forty five minute ride while my son and his DW went in their car from work. On the trip home being dark, my youngest grandson who only has a motorcycle learners permit rode with his mother and my son rode his MC home. Needless to say I sure am enjoying this visit to my family in New York.

My weight remains 226. I was concerned about the sodium in the peanuts causing a gain but my sodium control of my other foods prevented this from being a problem.
I don't know how managed to stay within sodium levels with a bag of peanuts, but kudos for you for doing it! I'm also glad this trip has been a great one for you and the family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themilesawaygirl View Post
Hi everyone. I'm feeling terrible after gaining 4lb in a week after a new low last week and feel like I'm totally falling off the wagon. I've had a king sized chocolate bar today as well as a cheese and tomato sandwich for lunch, cereal for breakfast and 2 pieces of sushi and some sultanas for a snack.

Reading your posts about little slips and not falling off for months at a time has made me feel better, and although I'm going away again tomorrow for 5 days, I'm determined to get back to good habits with food choices and exercise when I get back on Tuesday.
Positve thoughts coming your way. Some days are just hard - plain and simple, but that passes too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CameraShy View Post
I had my weigh in today. I knew I had gained (+4) because I had cheated sooo much this past 10 days. I am OK with that though. I had a very stressful and emotional week. Things are more stable now and I am back on the wagon. So, here we go again. Hope everyone is doing well!
Love that user name too - fits me well as I really have always hated having my photo taken.

Anyway, sorry for the weight gain, but it's temporary. Just take it one day at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamerican View Post

30DS day three of level two today. can you say killer? I am so sore. Cant wait till rest on Saturday! I have a headache. Didnt sleep well last night, so I am off to bed soon! Have a great night all!
Hope you are feeling better and to you too - I'm AFRAID of that video!
Old 07-07-2011, 01:52 PM   #308  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone

Update on Magnum: The ultrasound showed a large mass on his spleen and a smaller one on his liver. The place where the ultrasound was performed is an animal hospital. I was very impressed with the Vet that we had. There are treatments we could possibly do to give us more time with Magnum. I asked the Vet if Magnum was her dog what would she do. She said she would not do any treatment. Nothing would give him any significant time and would be offset by the pain/side effects of the treatment. I have a lot of respect for her telling me this. We were talking and I started to get choked up a little. She started to hand me a box of Kleenex. I told her that I was OK. She said she wasn't and literally started crying herself. She said that she could tell that Magnum was very special by how he acted with her.

The Vet said this type of cancer is very common in Labs. The distended stomach from the other day was from the spleen bleeding. Now it has gone down. She said that the blood gets reabsorbed into the body. I didn't realize that. Anyways, I am the type of person that wants to know what to expect. We discussed all of that. He could basically start to bleed at any minute and die. If she were to take a guess, she thinks we will have him 1-3 more months. I am very glad that we had the ultrasound done and we kow what's going on.

He has only had a couple bad days in the last couple of weeks. Yesterday and today have been very good days for him. In fact, you would never know he has anything wrong with him. We will keep watch on him to determine his quality of life. I don't want him to suffer at all.

Thank you for all of the well wishes.

Berry Magnum is 12 1/2 years old. He is going to be the youngest dog that we have lost. We had one to pass over 15, one over 17, and we even had a mixed breed that was over 20 when she passed.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-07-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:05 PM   #309  
Melissa

Oh Diana I'm so sorry. It's heartbreaking that our pets go so quickly. I love bigger dogs, but the tend to live shorter lives, unfortunately. Poor thing and poor you.

I have a lot of respect for what your vet had to say too. Too many vets will do too much when it really doesn't help the outcome.

This is something my very good friend did recently. She had an old lab who had cancer. At some point they decided to put her down and the day before they let her do and have everything she could ever want - a whole chicken for dinner, her favorite treats, her favorite games and an entire day just to show her how much she was loved. And then, they took her in the next morning and stayed with her as she was put down. It's so sad, but what a great way to go actually.

Hugs to you as you process this.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM   #310  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

Diana, I'm so sorry about your dog. i'm not a dog person, but I've lost a few beloved cats and it's heartbreaking.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #311  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Diana: Praying for you! This breaks my heart. My K9s are my world. I can't even imagine your world right now, but know that I am thinking of you often.
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:42 PM   #312  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

so so sorry about your dog but glad the ultrasound was done and the vet was respectful and honest
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:49 PM   #313  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

Oh, I'm so sorry. Poor Magnum. Enjoy the time you have left with him.
zoodoo613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:22 PM   #314  

S/C/G: 320/231/200

Height: 5' 6"

Diana,

My heart and prayers go out to you!!

Larry,
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:10 PM   #315  
BlockHead =)

I'm so sorry, Diana I'm glad Magnum has such wonderful humans to share his life with.
jeniansmom is offline   Reply With Quote