Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-08-2011, 06:21 PM   #346  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
for the ones interested in life in Alaska....here are some photos of the homestead where i grew up, where my parents still live who are in their 70s...there is no running water there, never has been...we are 7 miles from the nearest tiny store and 60 miles from our laundromat....we haul water from the firehouse, also 7 miles away, in big barrels in the pick up truck year-round....school closes at 50 below zero temps and dad won't drive anywhere at 30 below zero...
WoW!!
Thank You so much for sharing these!!
I am in AWE--really!!
I couldn't imagine living without running water. I camp without it, but that's about it!
Question for you: Is your carb count total carbs or net carbs for the day?
I'd love to peek at your food diary for a week or so if that's not to personal. I picked up a couple low carb cookbooks at the library today so I can start adding variety to my meals. There is only so much cauliflower and cabbage I can stand!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Abby – That is probably what I’ll have to do so I don’t go crazy when I get home!

Diana – Thanks for the links!

Shish – That’s a really good idea! Thank you! Sounds yummy too!

K9 – That makes sense…I’ll check that out! Thanks! Awesome job yesterday BTW!!

Vixsin – You CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!

I was good today!!! Coming in at 1400 for the day. This is a lot lower, let me reiterate..A LOT..lower than what I ate just days ago. I would say today is a victory. For once in a good few weeks I felt like I had control. I sure do like that feeling! Hope y'all had a great day!

Here's my check in:
B – Oatmeal 200
S – Yogurt smoothie 190
L – Sandwich 300, carrots 30, peach 40 (370)
S – Crackers 140
D – Three-cheese chicken penne 500
LindseyLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:54 PM   #348  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9Owner View Post
WoW!!
I am in AWE--really!!
I couldn't imagine living without running water. I camp without it, but that's about it!
I'd love to peek at your food diary for a week or so if that's not to personal. I picked up a couple low carb cookbooks at the library today so I can start adding variety to my meals. There is only so much cauliflower and cabbage I can stand!!
i grew up without running water and never had any until i moved away for college...every weekend dad and i would haul barrels of water from the firehouse and use a homemade pump system to pump it into barrels that sat inside our house...in the summers we also stored extra water on the front porch in another set of barrels but we couldn't in the winter because it would freeze...we would dip kettles of water in the barrels and heat it on the stove to get hot water, we washed dishes by hand in tubs filled with hot water and cooler water and we had a drain system set up under the sink to pour the tubs of water down...baths were sponge baths with warm water carried in a pail to the bathroom...we had no flush toilets, instead we had a homemade toilet sat over a big bucket to use in an indoor bathroom in the house and, when full, dad would carry out and dump into a big pit dug into the ground way back on the edge of our property...we lived very remote although there were some neighbors within miles of us and one even lived down the other branch of our long driveway, but he raised wolf hybrid dogs that were vicious so we never went that way to play....my sister and i were home schooled until i was entering 8th grade and then took the bus to school, which had all of 30 kids in grades 7-12
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #349  
Lifelong Alaskan!

Quote:
WoW!!
I am in AWE--really!!
i do net carbs but its pretty close to the total anyhow because the only thing i've found that differs significantly is something with sugar alcohols in it and that doesnt set well on my tummy

i eat alot of meats (chicken, beef, tuna, fish if it's fresh-caught but ive never bought fish from the store in my life)....i eat alot of salads with a variety of greens (lettuce, spinach, baby greens) usually with a bit of meat on top and a splash of low-carb dressing like sugar-free viniagrette...i like veggies too but at the moment i'm a bit burned out on the usual rotation of them....i snack on a bite of peanut butter or a hard-boiled egg...i like making tuna salad or egg salad and eat it over lettuce...i like to make protein shakes from protein powder/sweetener/ice cubes/bit of frozen fruit/dash of cream/water....i drink water, diet soda and sugar-free juice like crystal lite....

i have to make this a way of life for me because my blood sugar is at pre-diabetic....i try to stay within 30-50 carbs per day, net carbs, i like going low enough to get into ketosis but it doesn't always happen...i dont exercise strenously because (like another thread talked about) it truly AMPS my appetite and i lose all willpower....i'm a sucker for anything sweet/chocolate/sugary and so i've kind of struck a deal with myself....stay on plan as much as i can and then when the BIG TREATS come around, like birthday cake, i dont feel so bad for eating off plan and having cake....however i will pay for it if i indulge too much...asthma attacks, extremely achy joints, headaches, irritability...so if i indulge, it's only once in awhile and then back on plan...i'm slowly losing weight as well...i also like to bike ride but it's iffy to stick to a schedule with that since i'm the primary one with the kids most of the time

wow....i have rambled....
Old 07-08-2011, 10:18 PM   #350  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone!

Well, I'm not happy with myself right now. DH offered me some mixed nuts and I decided to indulge. So, if the nuts don't get me, the sodium will! I'm not even positive on the calories. Does a lot cover a calorie range?

Zoodoo Have fun tonight and stay safe. Great job on the pound!

Erica Enjoy your weekend.

Shishkeberry Ugh, on the 2 week TTOM. Glad it's over for you.

Smess Sorry about the 5 pounds from TTOM. It is a total pain!

Larry You have battled Golden Corral and Ci Ci's Pizza. Dunkin' Donuts wouldn't stand a chance with you. I think you can handle it.

Vixsin Congrats on the .2.

K9 Hi .2 is still a loss.

Alaskanlaughter Great job on getting so much done early in the day. Daily life sounds like a lot of work there at the homestead.

Jomatho Thank you. Hang in there, TTOM will soon pass. Try to keep your focus.

Abbysue Great job of staying on plan and doing so well this week.

Lindsey Thank you.

Last edited by Diana3271; 07-08-2011 at 10:22 PM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:21 PM   #351  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Total Calories Approx 1840 +

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Vegetable of choice
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Natures Own 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Rounds 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
1/2 wedge lite LC cheese/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (1100 Calories)
Grilled Salmon 400 calories
2 Orders Collard Greens 200 calories
1 Order Green Beans 100 calories
Snack Mixed nuts 400 calories

Exercise
Gin Miller Intense Moves (step)
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 10:47 PM   #352  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindseyLou View Post
Vixsin – You CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!
I must have subliminally known that you kicked me in the @$$, Linds! I had a date with Bob tonight for some more Yoga. My DVD player started up right where I left off and I was right at 30 mins. And I was able to finish off the rest of it!! I could not believe some of the poses he had those girls doing. It was some real motivation and some great stuff to look forward to. I realized that I am so super out of shape when it comes to flexibility.

I also began to feel the effects of last night's workout late this afternoon. Wierd, huh? Wasn't sore at all during the day today and then when I got home with Maxwell at 530ish, I noticed my muscles aching when I got out of the car. I wonder what I am going to feel like tomorrow afternoon... LMAO

I came in at about 1700 give or take a couple today. I'm ok with that especially with the yoga. I was also able to dance for about 25 mins or so.

Have a great night all!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #353  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana3271 View Post
Dinner

2 Orders Collard Greens 200 calories
Hmmm.... those are in the mustard family.... allergy must be something else?
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 11:58 PM   #354  
~Krystal~

S/C/G: ~175/Too Much/~~ABS

Height: 5'3.5"

Another great day for me

Greek Yogurt, Allfruit, ff Cheese Omelet 224
Siler’s Mixed Beans, Glenn’s Cauliflower, Grilled Chicken Strips 272
SBD Lazy Cabbage Roll, Black Beans, sf Jello, Carb Smart Ice Cream, 8 g Pecans 414
Strawberry Ricotta Crème, Green Beans 230
TOTAL: 1140

Water: 80 oz
Core (Abwork): 100

Anyone else feel like they are eating the same things all the time when you're OP?
I went to the local library and picked up a couple Low Carb Cookbooks.
Hopefully I can find some new veggie recipes using broccoli and cauliflower that I like in them.
I am STILL loving this Lazy Cabbage Roll. I could probably eat it 3x/day, very filling and yummi!!
K9Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 12:16 AM   #355  
Lifelong Alaskan!

i ended up having higher carbs than usual today...was just SO HUNGRY and had a few protein shakes that i dont usually have...i think it's because ive been biking at night...went for another ride tonight, got a cushion cover for the bike seat so it wouldnt hurt my tailbone as much...ended at about 56 carbs total which isnt bad but still, could have been lower

one of the many random relatives that DH has flew into town from the village tonight so they are out doing whatever it is that cousins do...i think cousin JB is staying here tonight, or maybe a few days, i dont know...DH is related to many many people around here and in the village so there's always someone who needs something...it's okay though, it balances out, i dont have hardly any family of my own
Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #356  
Nikki

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/155

Height: 5'7

Hi, guys. I'm back. I've been gone for a bit, as I fell off the wagon and apparently went rolling down the hill as well. Today is my first weigh in for the week, and will also be my first day back tracking my food in a week. I've been dealing with untold amounts of stress and being healthy just fell to the wayside. But I'm back!

My weigh in for this morning was 169. I'm not sure how much of that is water weight or actual weight, as I definitely haven't been drinking water lately and I haven't been tracking calories either. So my goal for today is to track everything that goes in my mouth and drink some water. We're going to the beach today with my family so I should get some great exercise in.

Diana3271: I am so sorry about Magnum.
still is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #357  
Melissa

Quote:

Anyone else feel like they are eating the same things all the time when you're OP?
I went to the local library and picked up a couple Low Carb Cookbooks.
Hopefully I can find some new veggie recipes using broccoli and cauliflower that I like in them.
I am STILL loving this Lazy Cabbage Roll. I could probably eat it 3x/day, very filling and yummi!!
For breakfast and lunch yes, I have a small rotation of things, but I eat a big variety for dinner. I've picked up a couple low carb cookbooks at Goodwill, but haven't even opened them up yet!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 AM   #358  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by still View Post
Hi, guys. I'm back. I've been gone for a bit, as I fell off the wagon and apparently went rolling down the hill as well. Today is my first weigh in for the week, and will also be my first day back tracking my food in a week. I've been dealing with untold amounts of stress and being healthy just fell to the wayside. But I'm back!

My weigh in for this morning was 169. I'm not sure how much of that is water weight or actual weight, as I definitely haven't been drinking water lately and I haven't been tracking calories either. So my goal for today is to track everything that goes in my mouth and drink some water. We're going to the beach today with my family so I should get some great exercise in.
Sorry things have been stressful and you fell off the wagon, but for only a week, so pretty small damage done. Probably some of that gain you see is water too. Chin up... it happens, but you caught it early!
Old 07-09-2011, 08:11 AM   #359  
Melissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanlaughter View Post
i ended up having higher carbs than usual today...was just SO HUNGRY and had a few protein shakes that i dont usually have...i think it's because ive been biking at night...went for another ride tonight, got a cushion cover for the bike seat so it wouldnt hurt my tailbone as much...ended at about 56 carbs total which isnt bad but still, could have been lower

one of the many random relatives that DH has flew into town from the village tonight so they are out doing whatever it is that cousins do...i think cousin JB is staying here tonight, or maybe a few days, i dont know...DH is related to many many people around here and in the village so there's always someone who needs something...it's okay though, it balances out, i dont have hardly any family of my own
I'm eating lower carb for my blood sugar too, but I couldn't do as low as you (at least not until I have to). I try to keep my net carbs under 100. They are usually around 80. SO far that is working for the blood sugars and I feel TONS better. I'm always impressed by people who keep them lower than 50 usually. That's difficult to do!
Old 07-09-2011, 09:27 AM   #360  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Down .8 today to 188.6. Thank you scale. I am feeling all kinds of sore today from my date with Bob Harper the past couple of nights. I it! I feel like I am really doing something!!

Maxwell is grounded today so I have a list of chores that we will be working on. If all goes well, and we can get everything done, I have a SUPER fun day planned for tomorrow afternoon including drinks and appetizers, 1 of our favorite bands, ice cream and possible fireworks!

Hopefully we will get everything done today. I'll check back later.
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote