Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-08-2011, 04:20 PM   #31  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I like to look and see who is the same height as me and see where their goal is. At 5'9" I see a huge range of weight goals. Like pointless2011 up above - she is shooting for 130. I have seen others shooting for 140, 150, 160. I am shooting for 170. Is it because of height that there is such a large goal range? IDK. I am wondering if when I get to 170 - will I want to try for 160? Then 150?

I foudn a pic of me at 150 when I started college... I kinda looked scrawny. I want more of an athletic look. IDK. It is just interesting to see where people are coming from and where they are planning to go.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 05:20 PM   #32  
Love me.

S/C/G: 207/T/135

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCraver View Post
I like to look and see who is the same height as me and see where their goal is. At 5'9" I see a huge range of weight goals. Like pointless2011 up above - she is shooting for 130. I have seen others shooting for 140, 150, 160. I am shooting for 170. Is it because of height that there is such a large goal range? IDK. I am wondering if when I get to 170 - will I want to try for 160? Then 150?

I foudn a pic of me at 150 when I started college... I kinda looked scrawny. I want more of an athletic look. IDK. It is just interesting to see where people are coming from and where they are planning to go.
Personally, I chose 150 because I have an extremely small body frame. I am also a mesomorph, so I build muscles extremely easily and have tons of muscle mass. I haven't really worked out seriously until now (I basically walk all the time) and I actually have strong definition on my abs, legs, and arms.

Its all about your natural frame. Someone who was my height with a thin body type could be a lot lighter than me without the muscle.

To give you an idea, at 175 pounds, 5 ft 10, I am currently a size 6-8 pants/dress size, S/M top. At 150, I will probably be a size 4-6.

Last edited by AshleyLaurent; 06-08-2011 at 05:21 PM.
AshleyLaurent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:01 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 180/ticker/129 or so =)

Height: 5'6.5"

I look too, but I am usually looking for context for their post. The physical and mental challenges of losing weight are different for folks with significantly different BMIs. There are a billion other factors as well, including age, family, health, culture, etc, etc, but the ticker provides some good initial context if someone is complaining about how slowly they are losing weight or what they might be able to do to bust through a plateau.

Also, sometimes I will choose to not post if I think the poster might not take my advice seriously bc we are at different points in the WL journey.
yoyoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 08:46 AM   #34  

Height: 5' 8"

I enjoy looking at tickers. It is purely motivational for me. Everyone has their own path to walk (or jog) so I do not judge.

I choose my GW because it was 100 lbs down from my starting point and I had weighed that much in my early 20's. According to a calorie calculator, I will be at that weight when I am maintaing the calorie range that I feel satisfied at. I am not sure if it is attainable after having children and being significantly older...but I am going to try. I also think of my goal weight as more of a range, our bodies fluctuate so much that I do not believe I will ever step on a scale daily and see the same exact weight consistantly.
envelope is offline   Reply With Quote