UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-10-2004, 06:46 AM   #1  

Default is it just me?

Is it just me or do you all have weeks where you have worked your arse off you ate all the right things and amounts but still you lose nothing or you've put 3 pounds on, that really bugs me and can any one tell me why it happens??????? :dizzy
nickybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 07:43 AM   #2  

Hate to say this but it doesn't happen to me (well not yet might do when I'm less fat ) but does seem to happen to most other people.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 01:47 PM   #3  
Queen of Chaos!

I think depending on you metabolism it can take a couple of weeks to show on the scales, which is why ideally we should weigh ourselves monthly rather than weekly - the big danger is that you work your *** off for a week, nowt happens or you gain and you drop whatever plan your on thinking "what the heck it's not working anyway" I'd lay money on a big loss for you next week!!
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 02:14 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticvix
I think depending on you metabolism it can take a couple of weeks to show on the scales, which is why ideally we should weigh ourselves monthly rather than weekly - the big danger is that you work your *** off for a week, nowt happens or you gain and you drop whatever plan your on thinking "what the heck it's not working anyway" I'd lay money on a big loss for you next week!!
i think thats where im going wrong, i weigh myself to much im obsessed going to try to just weigh myself once a month but i know im not eating to much and all the wright things and loads of walking and step, i know it will happen
Old 08-10-2004, 03:09 PM   #5  
Queen of Chaos!

Try fortnightly, just to wean yourself off.......I haven't set foot on the scales for weeks, too scared to look!!!!
Old 08-10-2004, 05:18 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickybum
i think thats where im going wrong, i weigh myself to much im obsessed going to try to just weigh myself once a month but i know im not eating to much and all the wright things and loads of walking and step, i know it will happen
I'm doing the same if that's any consulation

The worst thing is that I have the worst set of scales in the world. I will get on and be one weight, get off and back on and I can be a totally diferent weight!

I've told myself today that I'm not allowed on the scales for 2 weeks!
Heavensbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 06:24 PM   #7  
Queen of Chaos!

Why not chuck your scales out (radical I know) and then weigh yourself in Boots or your local baths, that way you can't move it round the room to get a different reading and you'll be too embarrased to stand on one leg etc in public.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:36 PM   #8  

Boots scale is good, cost 30p and you get a print out. If you press the ideal weight for your height thing it comes out as very low though I am scale obsessed too.
Old 08-11-2004, 05:34 AM   #9  
Queen of Chaos!

Scales are for fish!
Old 08-11-2004, 06:59 AM   #10  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh my GOD!

I had that working my *** of for weeks and no return, for 4 whole weeks! Then I chilled out cos i was visiting and things, and I've been back on track for a whole 2 and half days and the scales seem to have shifted.

Perhaps just kicking back once in a while does the trick? : dunno:
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 08:26 AM   #11  
Queen of Chaos!

Sometimes (I believe) your body gets used to eating a certain amout of calories, and the metabolism slows down accordingly ie you "Plateau" therefore relaxing a bit can kick start it again cos your body doesn't know what's going on, which is one of the reasons that low cal diets can actually make you fatter in the long run and calorie counting doesn't really work.....
Not that I'm an expert cos if I was I'd be nice n slim eh?? LOL
Old 08-11-2004, 02:23 PM   #12  

Default get rid of the scales???!!

I cant get rid of these scales i promised my husband that these ones (which cost a shed load) would not get the sledge hammer treatment as the last 2 did "Oops" . No im going to go with the two week plan. I did ask my trainer what her take was on the whole thing and she said pretty much what you just said mysticvix, and on her scales they do the body fat which had stayed the same as last time . I can't weigh in public im far to embarassed, all it would take is one smart *** comment and that would be me done.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:51 PM   #13  

I used to be too embarrassed to get weighed in shops but not now. I don't care anymore since I went to sw.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:15 PM   #14  

I might have to go to Boots to weigh myself properly next time I'm in town.

I draw the line at removing all my clothes to get the best weight possible though!
Heavensbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2004, 02:37 PM   #15  
Gym'll fix it!!

Why? You could be the talk of the town well, of Boots at least
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote