Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 09:15 AM   #46  

Hello Ladies,

It has been a LONG time since I posted. Don't know if anyone will remember me but sad to say I am in the same spot or worse than before. Since I was here last my Dad passed and I had a baby so that tells the story......

I really need some encouragement. When I was here a couple of years ago you ladies were such a big help and I did lose weight until sickness took over my family and then I fell off the wagon. I looked forward every day to reading your posts.

Is it okay if I come back? What day do you weigh now?

Thanks.....

Lori
Old 12-28-2002, 02:43 PM   #47  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Merry, Merry After Christmas everyone!!!

It's been a hectic few weeks but I think I'm finally going to be slowing down now. I know that I haven't been posting much over this holiday but I think about you all and you've been in my prayers.

Today was weigh in and I was nervous. I really "went off" program this week but you know, my usual "MO" is to gain 10-12 lbs during the holidays so I was going to be thrilled no matter what....but I was more than thrilled.....I actually LOST "point 4" and I did the biggest and longest you can imagine. My total now is 32.6 and I am so close to goal ~ Maybe about 15-19 lbs, I'm not sure yet.

Lori ~ of course, I remember you. It's so nice to have you back. I'm so sorry about your Dad. I hope you and your family are doing ok now. Congrats though, on the birth of your baby. I love babies. I hope you stick around cuz this group now is awesome and supportive.

Gotta run. Greg is tapping his foot, waiting for me. I'll be back later today.

Me <><

Last edited by Zoe; 12-28-2002 at 11:28 PM.
Old 12-28-2002, 10:11 PM   #48  

Angry Hi there!

I had a great Christmas, and spent it with the family, Christmas dinner was cancelled till tom. Because my two brothers and my bil work for the town, and we got 2 ft of snow Christmas day! We got to open presents as a family they were called to work in early afternoon, which we expected, so we moved the dinner part of the day to make sure they could be ther! So, I have been doing snow removal which is just too much fun! not! Glad you all had a great Christmas! I will check back in later, gotta run but wanted to say hi1 Anyone need a snow delivery we have plenty we can ship! C.O.D. of course, it would be cheaper that way, as its warmer were you are ha ha ha God Bless! Sue
Old 12-31-2002, 08:52 AM   #49  

Angry Tuesday morning

How is EVERYONE this morning!!??!

I am still trying to catch up after all the holiday parties, things to do, shopping, wrapping, giving, etc..... *Whew* Hopefully this week plans to be a little less stressful and a little less food packed!!! I have NOT be eating good. I haven't gain per se but I'm not real proud of myself either. But today is the last "eating" get together that I know of and then tomorrow it's back OP OP OP to get all this extra weight off!!!! I'm tired of carrying around these extra bags of sugar, flour, dog food, whatever you want to call it. It's got to GO!!!!

It sure has been kinda quite around here lately. Is everyone ok??? I miss hearing from ya'll!! Start the New Year off right and come post as often as possible, ok?

Sue~ Wow, a white Christmas!!! How lovely!!! But of course, we don't wish for ice or snow much around here either since my DH works for the TxDOT and has to work if the weather gets bad too. So..........I guess you better keep the snow up there even though the kiddos and I would love one afternoon in about a foot of it to build a snowman! Sorry, you had to postpone your Christmas dinner. We have had to do that before.

Zoe~ CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! You are doing just so well!!! You are an inspiration to all of us. Send the rest of us some of the iron stoned willpower of yours!! I am slowing down too. Thank goodness!! I don't think I could have kept up that pace much longer. But I did get a lot of exercise walking the stores trying to find specify things that my teenager wanted. She's very hard to buy for cause she's pretty picky so I had to really "shop" for her. I think it probably did me good even though my feet thought otherwise at the time. You all you want to, you deserve it!

Lori~ Sorry I don't remember you from before but I was MIA for a while and came back. I missed the wonderful folks here and needed the Christian encouragement that I wasn't getting elsewhere. So WELCOME BACK!!! So sorry to hear about the sickness in your family! I think all of us have fallen off the wagon some time or another, so just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get your eyes on Him above and start going forward, one step at a time. You can do this, cause HE gives us the strength we need, we just have to ask. So, now that you are headed in the right direction don't look side to side but forward. You can do this Lori and I'm sure the folks here will be here if you need us, anytime!!! Glad to meet you!!!

GARY~, JOANNE~, SAMI~ where are you? We miss you!! And WILMA~ we continue to pray for you as you move and set up your new house. Look forward to hearing from you soon!!!!!

Hope EVERYONE has a good day, a safe New Year's EVE and a WONDERFUL NEW YEAR!!!!!! GOD BLESS!!!!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:03 PM   #50  

Happy New Year!
Sorry I haven't been able to post. My Teens have been home and they hog the computer. Things at work are better my Boss was sorry the next day (even though he never says sorry) And on Christmas eve he bought me flowers and said I hope you have a Merry Christmas even if you are mad at me. I am still having a lot of pain in my stomach. I go on the 7th to talk to a speicalist and I am scheduled for ERCP on on the 8th. I am now dealing with a cold! I just can't win. I am sorry I can't address everyone but I do wish you a Happy New Year! I can Just feel this will be the year!

Blessing to all,
Sami
Old 01-01-2003, 09:38 AM   #51  

Angry Wednesday

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!

I hope this finds everyone doing well. Today is the beginning of a whole new year and a great time to focus on our goals for the coming year and get our priorities straight. I will spend some of the day today setting goals for this year and I think I am going to set monthly goals for myself and a reward system when I make goal. A friend and I are going to try maybe 8 lbs/month goal in January and see if that works.

C'mon some of you and set goals with us so we can take charge this year and make this year the year that changes our lives totally for the better.

Well, gotta go to work and see a few patients today so I will check back in when I can.

Have a WONDERFUL day!!!!! Let's do it!!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2003, 12:31 AM   #52  

Angry Hi! I am new here.....

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum...so please excuse me if I mess up anything? I wanted to get in on this wonderful christian fellowship by sharing in on weight lose,etc. My name is Jennifer ,I am a 31 year old happily married gal who has a 6 year old son....and in desperate need to lose weight. i have tried every diet out there it seems...so I have put it in the Lords hands to help me out! I am a Christian and I love the Lord! i was hoping if anyone had any encouraging words or ideals to help me out they are greatly appreciated! I hope to help others out here as well....i will not take up alot of your time right now...it is almost bedtime for me...I will post again tomorrow to tell you more about me. I hope everyone has a great night....and I will say a prayer for all my online friends I look forward to getting to know! God Bless ya!
Old 01-02-2003, 07:51 AM   #53  

Angry everyone~

GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!!!!!

I hope everyone is doing well and has started the year off eating OP and headed toward their goal, whatever that may be. I didn't do as well as I would have liked yesterday but not too bad.

WELCOME JENNIFER!!!!! Glad to have you here. You will make some good Christian friends here and find that everyone is very supportive and that always helps in our journey to weight loss. Several of us have been on many diets to lose weight and have ended up gaining more than they lost. Just turn it all over to HIM and set some goals and you're off on your way to a healthier, happier you. Do you need to lose a lot?

To tell you a little about me - - - - I'm 41, married with two DDs, 15 & 5. According to the Dr I need to lose about 150lbs!!! So, my road is a little longer than most. But I have set several goals for myself. My overall goal is that I have to lose at least ONE lb each week of this year which would total 52lbs gone. But my mini goals for each month, I would like to try to lose 2lbs a week so that would equal 104lbs!!!! I look forward to feeling better, looking better, and just being able to come in at 6pm and still have energy left over.

Where are you all? GARY~ JOANNE~ SAMI~ SUE~ ZOE~ LORI~EVERYONE~ Please post when you can. I miss you!!!! WILMA~ I hope all is well with you as you move and set up your new home. You continue to be in our prayers. Post when you get set up. Miss you!

Last edited by mrshummer; 01-02-2003 at 07:53 AM.
Old 01-02-2003, 08:28 AM   #54  

Default Christian Encouragers #160

Hey everyone I have started CE #160!!!!!! Come on over!!!!
Closed Thread