Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 08:52 AM   #31  
Quit counting at 45!

Default Good Morning!

Just a quick note before heading to work. I'm training my replacement today and it's wierd. I'm sad to be leaving but excited about starting a new job too.

Tonight DS (who came home yesterday) and I are going to the Christian School's Christmas concert. It should be great!

There has been a lot of snow fallen over the night. I'll get some exercise doing the shovelling. At least it's light and fluffy. We are going to have a white Christmas after all.

Talk to you more tomorrow.

Take care and stay away from all those goodies!!
Old 12-19-2002, 11:11 PM   #32  
Quit counting at 45!

Here it is evening already. I just finished watching the finale of Survivor. I'm glad Brian won. He deserved it much more than Clay.

Our christmas concert was cancelled because of the storm. We've already had over 6 inches of snow and more to come during the night. I just hope I can make it to work tomorrow. It's my last day of work and I'm finding it a little hard to say good-bye. At least I have lots to look forward to.

Good night!!
Old 12-20-2002, 08:22 PM   #33  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Friday night

HI ALL-- Just got home from work and waiting for the family to get home from watching Lord of The rings-- it is my step-d"s birthday and that is part of her present--15 yrs. Then we are going out to dinner.

I have been really busy at work this past week-- I did a long post on Wed. and lost it-- sorry.

Wilma-- I watched Survivor too-- I did not like this one as well as the others. Sorry about the storms-- it is raining here--FINALLY. I hope your holidays are wonderful with those boys home. Enjoy the remaining times with your friends-- off to new horizons in Jan.

Sherry-- Hey, I am so sorry for my bad grammer-- The gift is for my wife-- ouch is for me for not knowing what to buy!! I wish I could help with your daughter dilema-- as a dad I don't want my daughter close to her boyfriend-HOWEVER!!! if she ever dumps this one I will break her neck (kidding) He is wonderful to her-- and has been since she was in 6th grade-- she is in her 2nd year of college now-- they haven't always been boy/girl friend-- but he has always treated her special-- he is 2 yrs. older.

Sami-- I am sending lots of prayers for your concerns. I hope all goes well for you in the coming year-- remember, I promised it!!

Joanne-- Goose-- geese-- sounds like a Christmas card-- Have a blessed Christmas.

Zoe-- Hey you-- a loss is a loss-- don't be so hard on yourself-- What did you think about the Survivor finale?

SUE-- where are you?

Off to dinner-- will try to post more this week-end if I can get out of work-- not sure-- also there is that shopping thing!!!

In His Care and Wisdom--Gary
Old 12-20-2002, 09:49 PM   #34  

Angry Friday night

Hello Everyone!!

Wow, sorry I haven't posted. It has been a super busy end of the week and then my server was down the one time I could post. Boy, I miss you guys when I can't connect!!!! Things are so much better in our household now. The Lord has blessed us graciously and our DD is back to her bubbly self and it's good that her depression over everything has lifted!!

Gary~ Glad you had time to slow down a bit and check in. As far as a gift for your wife.........how 'bout a massage session? a reflexology session?...........a manacure and pedicure?......... a gift certificate from your local Christian Book Store . . . . . . .I like gifts that I normally won't do for myself. . . . . how 'bout a romantic weekend getaway? Just a few little suggestions. Just do some special things for her.

Wilma~ A snow storm huh? Wow, that would really make it seem like Christmas. We here in Central Texas are enjoying warm sunny days in the 60's or so but it just doesn't seem much like Christmas. I would like some but since my husband has to work if we get snow................maybe not. Just call me fickle.
Congratulations on finishing a chapter in your book of life. By now you should have finished your old job and will soon be starting a new chapter in a different place, all fresh and new. You know we all wish you lots of luck and continue to pray for you and your family as you make this new transition. A New Year with a new beginning. Your resolutions should be easier. ;-)

Joanne~ Good to hear from you too. Keep up the being good!

Zoe~, Sue~, Sami~, Shyla~Everyone else~ HAVE A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!!!!! God Bless each and everyone one!!!!
Old 12-21-2002, 08:53 AM   #35  

Blessing to all! I am reaching the end of my christmas shopping! I aways feel like I should buy one more thing and then I really over spend. This year I am really trying to be good and everything has been in cash! I am still having trouble with my stomach and stress makes it worse. I have one of those bosses who shreads you apart one minute and (never says sorry) but is your best buddy the next. Friday he was so bad I left work crying (and I don't cry easy) I really don't want to go back on monday but if I don't no one else knows how to key payroll! Please Pray for me.
Wilma-I know it is hard to say good bye but God is in control.

Mrs hummer-I am in the same boat with my DD. I had a really hard time with my oldest dd a few years ago. And the lesson I learned was you have to give them some rope. Keeping the grounded will only make them more sneaky! You and your husband need to sit and talk it out together and agree on what she will be allowed to do. Sorry to say you can't pick her friends but if she is close to you it is easier for you point out things and she will come around. My DD is now engaged to a great guy and we are very close. She now tells me I was right! Now we have another one who is 15 and in love and I don't let mine date until they are 16 by I will let her go to school things and I know she meets them at the mall when her and her girlfriends go but the biggest complaint I have from her is she thinks this computer is hers!
Zoe-I think I have lost 10 lbs! I go to the dr soon so I will check with his records.
ez,Joanne your in my thoughts!
Have a blessed day
Old 12-21-2002, 03:59 PM   #36  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello friends

I hope that all of you are doing well and not too stressed from Christmas shopping. I too, like you Sami, am at the tail end of mine. Just a few things here and there ~ fun shopping instead of the rush/rush of having to buy something.

Today was wiegh in and I was SHOCKED to see that I lost 2.4 lbs!! Holy Cow, am I dancing around or what???!!!??? So my grand total is now up to 32.2 lbs.

Sami ~ good job on losing 10 lbs! Hope you're feeling okay now.

Gary ~ about Survivor ~ my choice won!! Woo Hoo! I was happy about that but Thursday night was our party here at the house so I tape it.....guess what?? The tape ran out of space after the show and I missed all the 'reunion' show. I really wanted to see that and don't know how I will. No one I know watches it. I was so upset. Did it turn out the way YOU wanted it? Any shockers for you?

Hi Sherry, Wilma, Joanne, Sue, how you're all well.

Don't forget, church in the morning.

Merry CHRISTmas to all,
Zoe <><
Old 12-23-2002, 11:25 AM   #37  

Angry Hi all!

It took me awhile to catch up with all those posts, I been so busy Christmas shopping, and going to programs at school and church and Christmas get togethers. That I haven't had time to post. Sami sorry to hear your stomach is still giving ya trouble, hope it all gets straightened out you are in my prayers. Zoe/Mrs Hummer CONGRATS on the weight losses way to go girls especially through the holiday. Wilma you gotta be excited with the new home, and all the blessing that it will bring. Gutchie hang in their girl right there with ya, keep posting for the love and prayers that alone is worth it. E.Z. thanks for missing me, I will spend Christmas with my whole family gotta work 2.5 hours Christmas morning but then am off for 2 days following Christmas so thats not so bad. My friend might be up over New Year's nothing serious just a new bud at present but who knows. He is a very nice Christian man, which is so hard to come by these days. Then again no one can have enough friends. I thank the Lord for all He has blessed me with, and for (you guys) Have a peaceful joyous Christmas, reflect on all we have , and sometimes have nerve enough to still complain. God Bless Love yas!
Old 12-24-2002, 09:47 AM   #38  

Angry Christmas Eve

GOOD CHRISTMAS EVE MORNING TO ALL!!!!!!:WAVE:

How is everyone this morning? It's a wonderful crisp morning here in central Texas. :YAWN: As I read each ones posts I was wondering what that person might be doing this morning . . . . . . . .getting ready for Christmas,working, cooking, doing something for someone, doing their daily Bible devotion, or maybe even reflecting on their lives, their blessings, and maybe even their loved ones gone on. Christmas is a wonderful time of the year but for me brings many emotions. I have lost most of my family except my immediate family and of course I miss them, but seeing the joy and happiness on my 5 yr old's face is so wonderful! I love cooking for my family and getting real joy from that until the quilt gets me when I overeat all the goodies. Forgive me for posting this way this morning, but I know there are bound to be others out their that have an emotion roller coaster going on as well. God has been so good to me and all of us. Yesterday, I was kinda stressed out and down about having to go to Walmart and spent 45 minutes in line just to check out. Then on the way home while I was trying to "chill out" I passed a funeral and then I had to say thank you to our Lord for the privilege to be alive and stand in that line. It's amazing how everything went right into perspective after that. Ya know?

Anyhow, I will stop all the "heavy stuff".

Hope everyone has a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! :

GOD BLESS EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!!!!!!

Last edited by mrshummer; 12-24-2002 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-24-2002, 04:25 PM   #39  
Quit counting at 45!

I just wanted to drop in and wish each one of you a very Merry Christmas and God's richest blessings in 2003. This will probably be the last time I'll post until I'm in my new house and online again. I will miss you but at least it's not forever. I'll have lots to catch up on when I come back.

Have a great time with your families and don't eat too much!!
Old 12-24-2002, 08:21 PM   #40  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry MERRY CHRISTMAS

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE-- I am sorry I can't post much-- I have so much to do before church service tonight--- what a Glorious time to worship!!! I wish all of you the very best this holiday season. I will try and post more in the next day or so. HE WAS BORN FOR US ALSO!!! Love Gary
Old 12-24-2002, 09:09 PM   #41  

Angry MERRY CHRISTMAS

Finally I'm Ready! 2 hrs. of wrapping presents the finale!

God bless each of you and yours!!!!

Our farm is aglow of Christmas activity, and the weather man is forecasting 10 centimeters of snow come tomorrow morning.
A Canadian winter wonderland, God's handiwork!
Enjoy your day with God, family and friends.

Sister Joanne
Old 12-26-2002, 08:32 PM   #42  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angry THURSDAY NIGHT

Hi Everyone-- I hope you all had the Christmas you wanted!!! I certainly did, spent Christmas eve with my family at my sisters house, then went to 11 pm candle light service. In the morning my wife and I went to breakfast-- my son stayed in bed catching up on sleep-- at the sporting goods store he works at they ran him 'til 11:30 each night the week before Christmas, plus he had his semester finals so he was pretty pooped. He sold almost 20 grand in sales the last week and half so he will have a pretty good commision check!! My step-d was with her dad and my daughter and nephew were with their mom's so that just left the wife and I in the morning until all the kids woke up or came home around 10. I remember when they couldn't wait to open presents, now sleep is more important! Anyway they were all opened by noon. My wife got me a pair of hiking boots amd a membership in a class for hiking survival in the desert, mountains etc. Should be pretty cool-- she is taking it with me-- even cooler!! I ended up getting her a small necklace, watch and teddy bear-- she collects Boyd bears. she was happy!!
Old 12-26-2002, 11:23 PM   #43  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wink Back Again

ZOE-- Hey congrats on your continual losses-- you are so awesome!!

SHERRY -- How did your 5yr old like Christmas? As if I didn't know!!

SUE -- How was your Christmas with the whole family?? I hope your New Years is fun with your new friend.

WILMA- Are you settled in yet? Oh yea that is the 4th of Jan. right?

JOANNE -- How was the white Canadian Christmas? Not too cold I hope.

SAMI-- Good for you girl with the all cash Christmas-- I am praying for good things from your boss on Monday for you.

I read about a new diet in Readers Digest today-- one they put together-- if you are interested it is in the Jan. issue-- looks pretty simple and they swear by the results-- just logical food choices!! Have a great finish on the holidays girls-- In His Care, Gary
Old 12-27-2002, 02:59 PM   #44  

Default I'm stuffed!

Hi everyone!

Christmas was indeed lovely. Yes the weather forecast was correct, we awakened to 6" of fresh snow. The temperature was cold but not extreme, the kids having fun on the neighbour's hill.
Our dog Clyde, not so welcome next door. Boxing day saw neighbour Tina put out a lasagna dish to cool, you guessed it, Clyde ate half of it before getting caught!

I must get back on track with this eating! I've been bad, chocolate's calling my name.

Hoping everyone is well?
Everyone here on the farm has been spoiled, we've been Blessed!
My DH shocked me silly with a new diamond engagementt ring.
After nearly 20 years of marriage the origional was wearing thin, I was so surprised! ( I sure hope a new horse manure (apple) picker arrives for my birthday next week.)
I'm more practical than most women!

God Bless each of you, we're off to town on errands.

Hugs from Southern Ontario Canada,
Sister Joanne
Old 12-27-2002, 04:46 PM   #45  

Angry Friday afternoon

Hello Everyone!!!

Well, I came here yesterday and posted and now I don't see it. I don't know where it's gone to.......Cyberland, I guess. So how is everyone?? Did everyone have a good holiday with family, friends as they reflected on the REAL meaning of Christmas?? It's the BEST gift!!!

Sister Joanne~ That sweet puppy didn't eat that luscious lasagna did he? Well, maybe he is having problems staying on his eating program too. LOL You lucky duck having a truly white Christmas!!! How beautiful! I've got to get back on track too with my eating. I was doing so good and then these traditional eat everything in sight holidays arrived.

Gary~ We had a GREAT Christmas eve with the kiddos!!! Kaci (5ys old) was such a blast! She would open something and say something like, WOW, Mom it's so beautiful, I love it, and then throw it up in the air as she moved onto the next one. We got it all on tape and laughed harder watching the video. She would always comment and thank whoever it was from then up went the box and present most of the time and then move on. One of the boxes came down and hit Kelli, the oldest in the head and we got it all on tape. This was a Christmas that we will laugh about for years to come. I had forgotten how excited she can get. It was a quite day but a wonderful family day. And then Christmas morning and evening I worked seeing diabetics and we had lunch with some friends that were alone since their kids and grandkids couldn't come in. It's was really good. How did your wife like the necklace, etc... Jewelry is always a good choice.

Wilma ~ Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you load up and move to your new location. I know you have mixed emotions but also look forward to your new place. Don't over work yourself but enjoy setting up house in your new place. We miss you and will be glad to hear from you again. Take care!! Happy NEW YEAR!!!!!!

ZOE~ Congratulations on your loss!!!! You will be to goal very soon!!! Keep up the good work!!! Send me some of your willpower!!! I blew it during Christmas and my blood sugars definitely showed it, but I'm behaving now. Miss hearing from you!!! Your weather should be good. Enjoy. Post when you can.

Sami~ How did your Christmas and everything go? Look forward to hearing about how wonderful it was. I hope this finds you feeling much better now. Miss you! Post soon.

Sue~ You were supposed to be off work the last few days, I hope everything has gone well. We miss hearing from you. Did you have a good Christmas? Post when you can.

Well, I better go, and send this hopefully to 3fc and not cyberland. Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and can catch up on sleep, etc. What do ya'll think about setting monthly goals this next year? I just thought it would help us all stay more focused and that way we could help each other in reaching them. Talk atcha soon!!!!
Closed Thread