Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2002, 06:30 AM   #16  

Hello to all! Today is my children's concert I have so much to do. I got a call the other day my sister-in-law can't have christmas so now it is up to me. I don't really mind except I offered at thanksgiving and she said NO it my turn and now last minute she pulls this. So now I have to get with everyone and put together what everyone is to bring ect.... in all my spare time!

Shlya-a big welcome! We know how hard it is to lose but you will find support here!

Wilma-YEAH I am so happy that you got the news on your house. That is a nice Christmas gift!

Sherry-That punch bowl thing sounds good let me know how yours turns out. And I know your pain I also have the same pain mid cycle on my left side. They told me it was a cysts also and that I may go through this until I go through the big M. I guess I looking foward to it!

Zoe how many pounds NOw?

Ez-How did the party go?

Sue-so glad your Dads scare is over! It is times like that we realize how speical everyday is.

The Lord be with you today and praying for an OP day.

Sami
Old 12-15-2002, 03:01 PM   #17  

Smile Sunday morning

GOOD AFTERNOON TO ALL!

How is everyone this morning? I just got home fromworking and don't have enough time to get ready for church and get there, starts in 10 minutes. If I had planned better I would have gotten ready for church before I left to see my patients.

SAMI~ I'm sure you will get everything together to have your Christmas at your house. I know you are stressing now but you will get it together and have a wonderful time. I hate those cysts!! They told me I need to have a hyst to remove my ovaries but . . . . I'm too fat. They said they wouldn't do the surgery unless I lost 100lbs. Of course that didn't bother them when they did the C-sections, 2 hernia surgeries, gallbladder and tubal. Now all of a sudden I'm too fat. I will let you know how the punch bowl cake turns out. You might want to make it for your Christmas. It looks pretty on a table. And my boss had also made little chocolate mice and put on top. It looked cute!! If you want to know how to make them, I can tell you.

WILMA ~ I guess that is something to think about Clay staying. I don't think he would be much of a threat to the others. I think Helen and Brian are the strongest players left. Do you agree? I have been trying to get a little more exercise. Lord knows I did Tuesday when my DD and I went shopping all afternoon! We went to the mall, Sam's, Walmart, Target, Academy, the Christian Book Store and Alco. Whew was I tired!

GARY~ Hope you aren't working TOO hard to come see us every now and again. Don't over do it!

ZOE, SUE, SHYLA, EVERYONE - Check in when you can, we miss hearing from you!!!!
Old 12-15-2002, 03:57 PM   #18  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Happy Lord's Day everyone ~

This sure is a busy time of year. I just keep going and going and going......we had our annual company Christmas party Friday night and I wasn't happy that it was the night before my weigh in but what could I do As it turned out, I only lost .8 but I guess losing anything at this time of year is good. There are foods and desserts ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! I hope I can survive the next few weeks.

sami ~ Don't stress too much girl, you need your strength. I know you can do it and it will end up being fun. Oh and my total now is 29.8 ~ thanks for asking.

Gary ~ Survivor and CSI were great, as usual. I think Thursday will be a good one for Survivor although we are having our annual Christmas get-together here at our house so I will have to tape it. I hope to be able to watch it BEFORE anyone let's the cat out of the bag.

Wilma ~ my vote for winning is Brian.

Shyla ~ Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Hi Sue, Gutchie and Sherry

Have a wonderful Sunday afternoon.

Me <><
Old 12-16-2002, 04:09 PM   #19  

Angry Hi there!

Busy Busy Busy, Just popped into say Hi! Hope all is well with you guys! Thanks for all the prayers for dad, he developed an infection on the front of his head, and they put him on zithromax but he is doing much better now. Pastor is now finishing radiation on his leg, then they are going to radiate his back. then he will go back to dartmouth to see what they can do next. I again thank you all for your prayers. Mrs. Hummer don't worry about the mix up I'm in whirl wind most of the time too! Zoe- congrats- your still loosing which is great! way to go! Sami- you'll do fine with Christmas, just smile everything will go fine, hope your soon on the mend. Hope all went well with the concert. wilma start getting excited, come Jan 4th you 'll be in your new house, how cool is that. In time for the new year starting.
Well gotta run, check in later God Bless, Remember He is the reason for the season, makes everything else not so important. luv, sue
Old 12-17-2002, 07:53 AM   #20  

Angry Tuesday

Good Morning Friends!!!

How is everyone this morning? I just have a minute before I have to get ready for work. Busy, busy, busy..........but maybe I will have a little time this afternoon to come back. I got a little extra work that I wasn't planning on yesterday so I never got here, sorry. But doesn't look like missed much. LOL Good to see you posting Sue! Thank goodness or I'd be talking to myself.

Sue~ Glad to hear your Dad is on a Z pack and doing well. We continue to pray for him and your pastor. How is your pastor tolerating everything? At least he has one step down and moving to the next one. God's grace is sufficient.

ZOE~ :Bravo: on your loss!!! I would say that you made your goal. Congratulations!!! And you did it in the middle of the holidays!! Wow, that will power! Or is it HIS power!!! Keep up the good work and check in when you can.

Wilma~ How's the packing coming along? Have you got that little tree up yet? I think that is the perfect idea. I bet you feel a lot of relief to have a date and look forward to the New Year!

Sami~ How are things going getting ready for the gang for Christmas? I always enjoy having everyone over for the holidays but now I don't have any family close enough to come over for the day. Since all our family is in TN we usually go up there to visit. I miss it! So enjoy it for me!!! I bet you do wonderful!

Gary~ Are you staying too busy to post? You must slow down long enough to post and rest. Come on Gary, s-l-o-w down a little.

Shyla~ Come back and post with us. This really is a great bunch! Look forward to your posts!

Hope EVERYONE has a good day and POSTS when they can!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 01:25 PM   #21  

Default Hi Everyone!

Hoping everyone is doing well?
Yes I'm still here, yes I'm busy like the rest of you.
I do the turkey dinner for my DH side of the family because to be honest they are mostly seniors and not able any longer.
The grocery trip is the last item on my list and even the grocery stores are busy. Gee what is it, don't people eat any other time of the year?

I'm battling the same pounds over and over again. I lose, I gain, I continue. I guess the continuing is the only good thing right now.
I can eat very well during the meals the friends serve, its those gooie yummy squares doing me in.
The New Year will see me get down right serious

I'm thinking of all of you rushing about doing your thing and YES indeed, we shall remember HE is the reason for the season.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS !!!!
God Bless each of you and yours.

Sister Joanne
In a winter Wonderland this morning in Ontario Canada.
Old 12-17-2002, 02:26 PM   #22  

Hey Everyone!!!

I just had to check in and say hello to Sister Joanne. So hello! Glad to see you here. I understand about the eating problem. I also am eating pretty good but all the extras!! My family has been wanting all the usual baking and cooking I do and I haven't given in yet. I am trying to resist the temptation to be the good wife and mother that I feel I should be. It's hard. Anyway, so good to hear from you.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I weighed in this morning and I have lost TWO MORE LBS!!!!!! I don't know how with the way I have been eating but I will definitely take it. That makes my total 20lbs since 11/14!!! Yay!!!

Well, I gotta go make some cinnamon ornaments for my little DD's kindergarten class for Friday's Christmas party!!! Have a good afternoon!!!
Old 12-17-2002, 07:52 PM   #23  
Quit counting at 45!

Way to go Sherry!! You are doing awesome!!

Gutchie: Good to see you again. i have always struggled with the same pounds. Hang in there. They do eventually leave.

I got a lot of packing done on Saturday. I can't do much more because I still need some stuff. I'll pack up that stuff early next week. By then both my sons will be home and they can help. I'm so excited to have them home. DH will be home on Christmas eve. I can hardly wait to have my family together.

I also wanted to update you on the fellow who was in the accident. He is doing amazingly well. He is recovering and is expected to come to our local hospital this week. I just hope that he had time to think about his eternity. I don't know where he stands but a scare like that would certainly get me thinking.

Well, take care! Talk to you tomorrow.
Old 12-17-2002, 10:00 PM   #24  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Angry Tuesday Evening

HI EVERYONE--

I see everyone has posted since I have---YIPEE--

SHERRY -- What in the heck is Chinese Christmas? I agree Clay needs to go. Go ahead and talk (post) to yourself-- my wife does all the time, she says you meet better people that way Congrats on the 2 pound loss!!!!- You take care of yourself-- don't sneak too many of the kids cookies!!!!

WILMA-- Hey girl how 'bout that-- a house date!!! See-- how worried were you just a few weeks ago? and now all is well--YIPEE for you and family. It sure will be good for you to have those boys home for Christmas-- my kids home from college too-- as if I will really see much of them-- What is it with these boy/girl friends hoggin my quality time??

SAMI-- Good luck with your big get together-- last minute NO PROBLEM for slammin' Sami!!! You shall have a great turn around on your health in the coming year-- I can feel it-- remember you have that wedding-- and you have to show up the other mil-- it's only natural
Old 12-17-2002, 10:11 PM   #25  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Thumbs down CONTINUE

ZOE-- Hey you-- what is it with you? ANOTHER LOSS!!! Pretty soon there will be no Zoe left-- I agree with you and Sherry on Clay-- isn't CSI too cool? Do you watch the Miami one? I have once but didn't like it as well-- maybe I need to learn the characters.

SUE-- I am glad to see your Pastor is still testing-- always hope-- Congrats on your Dad-- anything new on that new friend? Not trying to pry mind you-- just hoping you have good friends to be with this holiday season!!! You better slow down girl and stay healthy.

JOANNE -- Dinner for the DH family huh-- guess you will be the STAR as usual!!! Don't worry about the weight battle over the Christmas holiday-- Just come back STRONG with a brand new lifestyle change in January-- like you say-- YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!

Well I have been busy, just like all of you-- All is well in my life EXECPT I cannot think of one good gift for my wife-- ouch!! to me. Besides that I also have our aniversarry and her birthday the first week in January-- how is that for pressure

Checkin out for a board of directors meeting at church tonight-- In His Care--Gary
Old 12-17-2002, 10:14 PM   #26  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everybody

What a week! I see that y'all have been busy posting here while I was gone. I've been so busy the last few weeks but more this week. Thursday is our annual Christmas get together here at the house so I have a million and one things to do. My daughter is coming from FL on Thursday too but Greg doesn't know it. We're going to surprise him. Sneaking, huh??

Since I lost only .8 this last Saturday, I'm just a fraction away (.2)from 30 pounds lost. UGH! I guess losing ANYTHING during the holidays is good.

Sherry ~ WTG on that loss. Keep up the good work. 20 lbs gone forever.

Gary ~ I'm not really sure about Clay now. I do know that I'd love to see Brian take it all. As for CSI Miami, I didn't like it much at all but now that Delany is gone, I'm thinking I'll like it more. I just didn't care for her. No Zoe left huh?? I have about 22 more to go for goal.

Wilma ~ your Christmas sounds like it's going to be so wonderful. Enjoy it!

Joanne ~ don't fret over the "lose, gain, lose" thing during the holidays. Everywhere you look, food is getting pushed in our faces. They say that the average person gains about 7 pounds during the Christmas holiday. So if that is true, and me, not being AVERAGE, I now know why I usually gain 12.

Hi Sami, Sue and Shyla (I sure hope I didn't miss anyone) Have a great Wedneday.

Zoe <><

Last edited by Zoe; 12-17-2002 at 10:17 PM.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:19 AM   #27  

Hello to all! Yes it is busy busy busy I am so dead tired from all the stuff I need to get done. My son is in a show chior and they had there Christmas show. He is also in drama and they had thier show. The drama show was a wedding that went nuts I really didn't care for that much. Made fun of church ect.... My doctor called and they are sending me to a higher speicalist that does this speical tests it is an ERCP with something and there is only one place to have it done I go Jan 7th to talk to them. Please Pray that things go well. I am having trouble even eating now.
Zoe-Maybe here soon I will be claiming a big lose You keep it up!
Wilma-How is the packing going?
EZ-How is the nephew enjoying christmas away from home?
Sherry-You are doing great! You keep up the good work!
Joanne-As long as you are trying to lose your not gaining and gaining! And the new year is comming with great bargans on healthy foods!
Shyla-How are you holding up this season?
Praying for an OP day!
Samu
Old 12-18-2002, 07:24 AM   #28  

Red face Wednesday

Good Morning EVERYONE!!!!!

How is everyone this morning? Please say a prayer for my family. We have a 15 yr old DD that is having a hard time with life right now. She and her Dad had words last night and I spent most of the night up with her. She is basically a good kid, we have raised her in church and she has good morals and standards and gets on to those that don't go to church, cuss, etc. But she has this boyfriend which my husband does not approve of. The boy treats her like a queen and I think she loves him on some level but my Dh wants her to break up with him. And she is stressed with school (finals) and made the mistake of while being grounded, got on the computer after we went to bed last night chatting. Long story but her dad heard something and walked down the hall to her bedroom, she had turned the computer screeen black and was almost in bed. Then DH came out and went and picked up the phone and of course she was online. Well, let's just say she knew better. After everything, she started talking very negative that she couldn't take anymore and that we would be better off without her. So, I stayed up with her talking with her and reading the Bible till she fell asleep and then I went to bed. I'm exhausted. We have never been faced with this type delemma. Please pray that the God will keep the evil thoughts away from her that she is no good, and doesn't need to live. The is really after her since she is weak right now. Bless her heart she looks so bad this morning. Her face and eyes are so swollen. My heart breaks for her, I remember my sessions as a teenager and how I felt like the whole world was against me. Please pray, it's so hard to watch as this all goes on. She is such a wonderful Christian girl!! She's always upbeat but that isn't there this morning. Please pray.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:50 AM   #29  

Red face Wednesday #2

Good Morning Again!!! Let me try this again........I just lost a whole long post to cyberspace!!!!! I'm even sure how it happened. Thanks for all the congrats on my 2lbs. You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!

Sami~ Take slow deep breaths. Now remember not to stress out over everything so you don't enjoy our Jesus' birthday and all the events that surround it! You may not feel like another Dr is the answer but maybe God has provided this one and he is more knowledgable and will be able to diagnose you and give you a treatment/plan to help you. We are praying for you and this new Dr for guidance and knowledge. Hang in there my friend. Just take one thing at a time and one day at a time. K? We are here for you always.

Zoe~ Wow, I wish I could say I was SOOO very close to goal. YOU ARE AN INSPIRATION!!!!! Wow, having your DD for Christmas and surprising your DH!!!! Sounds like a wonderful time for you! She probably won't even recognize her skinny mom!!!! She will be asking, Dad where's mom?

Gary~ Hey, your posts are looking pretty good my friend!! I am stressing over not being able to record Survivor during my DH Christmas party and my DD's band concert. Three hours of stuff!!!! We have a VCR but can't record off the antenna, only the satelite. There ought to be a way..........Are you trying to think of a gift for your wife to give you or you to give your wife, I'm confused. Believe me, doesn't take much these days! Ok, Chinese Christmas. Let's say you have 10 people playing. . . . you have ten numbers to be drawn. Everyone draws a number. The person drawing #1 goes first and goes and picks a gift and opens it. Then #2 has the choice of picking what #1 got or picking another present. Then #3 has the choice of picking #1 or #2's gifts or getting a new one. If at anytime a previous gift is "taken" then that person has the choice of taking the gifts opened or a new gift. If a gift is taken then it can not be taken back at that time but if later that same person's gift gets taken away he can then take his original gift. And gifts can only be taken 3 times. Anyway it continues until the last number has the opportunity to take ANY gift from anyone or the last unopened one. If the last person takes one from someone then that person can take one too or get the last one. It's a fun game but can be very aggravating if you get what you want and someone takes it from you. Can you understand all this? Clear as mud? ::

Wilma~ Wow, having your sons home for Christmas!! It will be great for you all to be together for Christmas! Take pictures so you can remember this special time when your lives are changing and you are adventuring on a new journey. Did you get that tree yet?

[b]Sister Joanne, Sue, Shyla, EVERYONE - - - We look forward to hearing from you. I hope EVERYONE has a good humpday!!!! May the sweet goose flew a different direction today.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:41 PM   #30  

Talking It is here!

That "sweet goose" has flown here to Southern Ontario and has taken up residence on our farm.
I think it is now a "Sweet Canadian Goose".

Trying to be good!

Sister Joanne
Southern Ontario Canada

Closed Thread