Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2002, 03:04 PM   #46  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies, just popping in to say hello.

Kempy- Got the email pic of Echo. That is so sweet. Looks like she's waiting for someone to fill her stocking up w/Milkbone or some rawhide. Thanks for sharing that, it made me smile.

I am so swamped at work right now with the end of the month/year coming not to mention the pressure of getting all that Christmas stuff out of the way...then my vacation at the end of the month. I am so looking forward to that vacation. If only I could win that Megabucks....if only, if only... well, I better get back to work since if I slack here (which I do a lot anyway), I'm only hurting myself. I'll try and get some pictures of the dogs at my house, you're gonna laugh.

Catch up w/yall later.
*Noelle
Old 12-17-2002, 03:16 PM   #47  
Finally Fit!

Hey girls. We baked cookies last night. Angie, don't you own a bakery or something? Can't imagine for one moment, how you could resist the smell of warm, chocolately cookies, day in a nd day out. I was eating sugar cookies, right outta the oven, you know, cause you gotta taste test 'em> yeah right.

We spoke to an attorney this afternoon, about suing the home warrenty company. Turns out, we'll pay the lawyer more money than we'll win... if we win. Nice. So, we're stuck getting screwed, while HMS hides behind their "contract obligations".

We're writing to the Attorney General of Maryland... submitting a complaint. That'll get them thinkin, hopefully. Who knows, we're tired of things breaking. In the last 8 months, the A/C, the hot water heater, and the furnace, the dishwasher, and the outside spicket went out. How can that be coincidence? I think this house i cursed or something. Give me strength.

I'm still takinga daily walk. I can see my legs are looking muscular, and leaner. I love that. Measured myself again. I've gained a half inch everywhere, but lost like 3 inches on my hips. Weird. I'll celebrate the small losses, and ignore the others. Gotta keep my self esteem up, especially getting close to period time. I get miserable then. I think i'm where you are Angie, so close to temptation days, and candy time. I walways wanna dive in, right before my period.

(sorry I wrote so much!)
Old 12-18-2002, 03:43 PM   #48  

Talk about feeling yucky, I just got on some sites and looked up the nutritional values. I don't think I should have done that. I feel sick now just looking at what I usually eat. I went to Subway, McDonald's, Wendy's, Pizza Hut and Domino's. I don't think I will be eating most things from there any time soon. When I looked at one of the meals that I usually get it was like 1010 cals.!!!! That is almost my whole day. I knew it was bad but I guess I never sat down long enough to really pay attention. Talk about an eye opener. Subway wasn't to bad though I knew that one wouldn't be bad.

Do you guys ever watch that show Less Than Perfect? It comes on on Tuesday nights. I think the main girl in that is so pretty. She isn;t one of those skinny minnies and I like that. It makes me feel good that they have a show where the main person isn't the size of a rail. I think the media has really warpped our minds about how our bodies should look.

I guess you guys are busy with Christmas being so close. I hope to see some posts soon.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:34 PM   #49  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I watched that show last night. Yeah, I think she is pretty too.

Burger King is the worst of the fast food places. I have a book that I carry around with me for all the restaurants and I usually ask for the information pamphlet for the calorie and fat counts. I am a freak!!
Old 12-18-2002, 05:36 PM   #50  

I seem to be getting that way ever since i got on fitday at least. I am wondering about tonight though. Joe is finally home and I have to run buy a few more things for Christmas. I have no idea what is for dinner and I am sure that will be the first thing out of his mouth.
Old 12-18-2002, 05:49 PM   #51  
so close, yet so far...

Hey girls...or as we say here in HI, "Howzit". I kinda played hooky from work today to stay home and do some laundry. After 2 loads I went shopping w/my dad at the Pearl Harbor Navy Exchange. They just recently opened the new facility, the largest Navy Exchange in the world. Wowza! Beautiful place and awesome deals. My dad's retired Navy so I grew up with the privelege of shopping on base. Once I turned 21 I lost the privelege. Then I got married at 23 and Rick was in the National Guard. Got my ID card back. He got out after 8 years so I lost the ID again. Jonesing to shop there. Luckily I can still go in w/my parents. Got my sister a beautiful Anne Klein bangle-type watch. I bought myself a pair of Bill Blass size 16 jeans--and these fit comfortably. Must be because there's a little bit of stretch in the denim. Anyway, i'm happy. It's 12:40 p.m., think I should go in to the office? Hubby thinks I'm there (haha).
Old 12-18-2002, 05:50 PM   #52  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

If you like KFC you could have a Tender Roast chicken sandwich or breast and small mashed potatoe. It is very low fat and filling. That is what i usually eat out. Wendy's Chili is low fat and chicken sandwiches are too. Good Luck tonight. I hate having to eat out in the evening it is so hard to resist anything good. LOL
Old 12-18-2002, 06:35 PM   #53  
Finally Fit!

HI! I'm in agreement that it's hard as ever to eat out. And they make those potato wedgesa t KFC so darn good. I try to avoid that place, everything's fried,a nd I love the smell of the restaurant too much to resist. So, I have a story to tell:

Searched on the internet about Curves for Women gyms. ANd, I foun done near me. So this afternoon, I stopped by, and attempted to get info. The girl was really pushy, and seemed to say what I wanted to hear. She pushed a strict diet, and was very adament that a small circle with machines is perfect for me. I'm not surie t's a good fit for me, cause I love the group aerobics thing, and I like jumping around. This is not what I thought it was. Is one of you going? Could you tell me about your experiences, cause I know it's great, cause my mom goes there in RI, but maybe ours is not so great or something. I'm not sure.
Old 12-18-2002, 06:55 PM   #54  
so close, yet so far...

Hmmmm, Curves. I've been contemplating the same thing. Haven't gotten up the courage to do it yet, or to even pay them a visit. I've had 3 girlfriends that have signed up and are loving it. The only thing is that you pay more if you want to go month to month instead of pay up front for the whole year, AND if you want to do it month to month, you have to do an automatic debit from your checking account.
Old 12-18-2002, 07:44 PM   #55  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I just had some caramel corn. Every year we make extra donuts for everyone on our street and our next door neighbor always sends home some of her homemade caramel popcorn with peanuts. it is too irresistable. I ate some and I don't regret it...yet.

Never been to Curves but I have read on here a little about it. We have one in Bangor but that is too far away for me. I prefer to workout alone at home. My living room looks like a gym. I have my treadmill and bike and elliptical on one wall.
Old 12-18-2002, 08:38 PM   #56  

Since I am in a gym myself I have sort of strong feelings about those type of things. I feel like they are meant for people who really don't do anything. I may be a good way to start but I don't think it would make you happy for long. The circle thing is called circuit training. Youcan actually do it yourself if you have access to small weights and a form of cardio. Lots of exercise you can do at home if you don't have access to a gym. It takes a little research to find the right things but you can usually find everything in a good fitness magazine. I like M&F hers. It seems to be the best now. I don't really care for the other one b/c they haave turned into a form of Cosmo. Plus, I don't want some anorexic looking girl trying to show me how to lift weights. I want to see the fitness women who have been doing it for years and you can tell. Boy, was I just on a soap box or what.

Chris another reason that girl was pushy is she is probably paid on her sales. (we don't do that) Plus, this is a really slow time for gyms. We are the opposite of all other stores. January is when we start to rock and roll.
Old 12-19-2002, 08:18 AM   #57  
Finally Fit!

Ok. I'v been exervcising now since May, but when she had me use the equiptment, I could see that I 'm not as strong as I think I am. BUt, I"ve been doing walking, and aerobics, so that's not strength training, either. What would you do? She made it seem like I was way outta shape, and I"m telling her "i don't care about the BMI, or the fat %.... I'm worried aobut how I feel, and whether I can feel confident about my body. I'm tired of being measured up and down. Let me have my own goal. She was having me lose like 15% of my body fat... which she qupted me as having 32%.. then there was anothehr number 27... under that. I had to hold a handlebar type thing.. can you explain that? I felt fat and miserable there,a nd I don't like feeling closed in. It was very very small, in a strip mall. The experience has kinda burned me out. I"m used to gyms taht have pools, exciting, and varied classes, and bigger space. Give me your opinions.
Old 12-19-2002, 11:05 AM   #58  

Trust me she is only pushing you to get the sale. I don't do that b/c I hate it when people do it to me. They should be working on making the overall YOU feel better not the bottom line. Trust me when I say you can do all of the same stuff at home. I did it for years until I joined a gym. I bought a few pairs of hand weights at a local second hand fitness store. They worked just fine until I had access to other things. Trust your gut feeling. If you were encomfortable when you went in by all means don't join. You will never be happy there. Remember they one have one time to make a first impression and she blew it. Don't give her another chance.

Is everyone doing good today? It is a warm 70 right now w/80% humidity. Yestreday hit a high of 77 w/ high humidity. We are in December right???
Old 12-19-2002, 12:49 PM   #59  
so close, yet so far...

I agree with Kempy...that girl only wanted to make the sale. It sounds like she was programmed with a script which they use for every person that walks into their facility. Too bad she wasn't listening to your wants and needs. Maybe you can find another place, like Kempy's gym or maybe even your neighborhood Y--if you have one. Thanks for making me think though--I just might muster up enough courage to pay Curves here a visit--see what their sales tactics are. (I'll already be on the defensive when I walk in).

Hey Kemp, it's 68 right now but looking to get up to 85. Humidity is low and the tradewinds are blowing. Sky is blue and clear. Gotta love it here.

Angie and Chris, you girls all bundled up well?

Last edited by melekalikimaka; 12-19-2002 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2002, 02:06 PM   #60  

I can see outside and it is turning black right now. We have a line of storms coming and they look like the begining of them are here. At least I am inside!

I am not trying to sell this place but we do have a web site. You guys should check it out so you can see where I work/live.lol

www.northcypress.com
Closed Thread