Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2002, 07:16 PM   #61  
Finally Fit!

Get outta town! I went to that site. Sat through the intro, and then looked at your bio on the meet our members/staff part. Cool! Sounds wonderful! I'd love that kind of place here! Great job you've got! Executive Director, huh? Impressive!
Old 12-20-2002, 11:26 AM   #62  

Isn't it great! I love it here. We are the only gym in the area like this. We have a few other ones in town but not like this.

Did you click on the liknk to show you pics of the place? It is kind of hard to see it. I think it is on the intro page is says clikc here but it is written in black. We nee to change it.
Old 12-20-2002, 02:34 PM   #63  

Chris I can't beleive you put Echo as your desktop. That is so funny. It makes me feel good to know that you did that.

Is everyone ok today? You guys must be really busy.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:48 PM   #64  
Finally Fit!

I fele crappy, but I went to the thrift store and bought some size 12 clothes. Can you belive me?! I'm so thrilled,e ven with my bloat and cramps, i'm okay. Hopefully I won't be a crab over christmas. I always get my period aruond the end of them onth. Woo Hoo for me.
Old 12-20-2002, 03:54 PM   #65  

Don't worry I will be right there with you. Start date is Tuesday. How nice.

That is great that you bought size 12's. I told you that you were melting away. Before to long you will be in an 8!
Old 12-20-2002, 04:14 PM   #66  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey ladies. Kempy your gym is just gorgeous--so posh. If that place was here I'd march right in and sign up (if you'd have me--haha).

Alright Chris! Size 12? I can only dream about it for now. Isn't it wonderful to go shopping when you're losing weight and to actually be able to go to the normal size racks instead of the plus sizes? I'm slowly getting into the size 16 range, depending on the make. Luckily, I still have some clothes in the closet ranging anywhere from 6 (i can dream, can't i?) - 18 (very loose). Yikes!

Just got back from the doctor after that dreaded exam. Yuck. I was 10 lbs. lighter than my last visit so that was a plus. I was having irregular periods...missed almost 3 mos. (not pregnant), then after I started dieting and exercising at the end of October my body went into some kind of shock and started having 'em 2 weeks apart. Ugh! She says if it continues that way I need to go back. Otherwise everything looks and feels normal, except for the "weight thing". She did congratulate me on the loss so it wasn't an entirely unpleasant visit.

Angie where are ya? Got into the doc's office yet?

Everybody counting down to Christmas? I can just see the frenzies at the mall this weekend...
Old 12-21-2002, 08:28 AM   #67  
Finally Fit!

Noelle, congratulations on your loss so far. It's alwas god to hear the doctor, who usually uses words like , unhealthy, and obese, and cholesteraol too high, and gotta do something, and waht else.. oh yeah, heart disease... that's my favortie. Anyway, it's good to get some good words from doc once in a wihle. Every pound counts. I decided to stop taking my cholesteraol med, since I've been taking it since May, and I've lost like 50 pounds since then. He never mentions it, so I got the Pill Book, read on it, and I'm gonna just quit. For once in my life, i'm med free! Can you imagine? For me, it's quite a feat, cause i've always been on something for migraines, or anxiety, depression, you name it. I've been a walkin pharmacy for years. maybe my health is back on track I havn't haed a migraine in over a year. And been off that med for as long. So, thank jesus!

My periods are ****! I can count on a 30 day schedule.. meaning, hubby says i'm *****y 24/7, and not just when i'm 'flowing". thanks honey! Sometimes I feel like I need -- yep, a pill -- dare I say, for these cramps. I had a pregnancy in 1999, and it ended terribly, and ever since my periods are a nightmare. Any clues? (can't talk about the emotional issues there... i'll get all weepy)

Kempy: Don't know if I wanna be a size 8, actually. I'm really loking "womanly", and i'm ot sure a size 8 on me would be curvacious,a nd beautiful. I"ve always loved looking like a real woman, and if I wre that small, i think i'd not look like me. Whaddaya you girls think about stuff like that? Alreight, we're painting the dining room, yes, before christmas. we've put it off for so long,a nd now i gotta get up there and help. later!
Old 12-21-2002, 10:26 PM   #68  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I'm still here. I finally got all of my Xmas shopping done. We have a discount store here that buys out other stores and I got an awesome leather jacket today for $10.00!! It is real leather and is kinda tapered to fit. I am in shock still.

I got the kids all done for Christmas finally. they come home for Christmas eve so they will be surprised because they aren't expecting any more presents.

I weighed in today and I lost 1 pound but I am sure I will gain that back the way I have been munching lately. Oh well Christmas is almost over and there is no more holidays to eat for me until next year.

265.5 Highest
206.5 Starting
175.0 Current
130.0 Goal
Old 12-22-2002, 08:20 AM   #69  
Finally Fit!

Angie... I love that you got such agood deal. It will be so wonderufl seeing it opened up on christmas.. unless it's a gift for you? That's even more fun! I"m sure we'll all put on a couple pounds on chrismtas. but we'll be having fun,a nd enjoying the day. Hope your chrismtas is magical with the kids.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:46 PM   #70  
Going All The Weigh

Hey gals. I was just reading ya'lls posts...you all seem to be such good friends, I would love to find support like that here, do you care if another pokes her head in everyone once and awhile and says hey?
Old 12-23-2002, 08:56 AM   #71  
Finally Fit!

Absolutely! We love having more join! This ain't a click sista! (my soul sister voice)... We're basicaly praying we don't lose control over christmas, and are pretty much resigned to the fact that we might. But, wer'e stil here for each other. Anyone heard from FlowerJenni ?? I"m thinking about her lately.
Old 12-23-2002, 10:20 AM   #72  

Hi Gypsy!

I think we are all pretty good friends. I know that I would love it if you joined in too.

I havn't heard from her at all. I hope she is doing ok.

Angie good to hear about your lose. I know I havn't done anything but eat these last few days.

Noelle isn't it a great feeling to have when you go to the doc's. Mine will never notice the lose but if I gain any she is all over me about it.
Old 12-23-2002, 03:51 PM   #73  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hey everybody. Who's waiting for Christmas to lose control? I have been very, very naughty lately...neglecting to journal even. Up 2-3 lbs already. I'm beginning to think that my hand-to-mouth feeding reflex is disjointed from my brain... I haven't been able to control myself and haven't walked since Friday evening... But! Today is another day and so far, so good. I'm trying to rearrange my schedule so I can get some exercise in this evening. Work is crazy, still tying up loose ends for the end-of-year and getting everything lined up while we're out on vacation. I love Christmas and all the festivities but in some small part of me (isn't that a funny phrase?) I just want all of this over with so I can get back to a normal, unstressful routine. Ok, enough whining.

Welcome Gypsy! Glad you could join us. We're always glad to give and receive support. I'm probably not a good example to anyone trying to lose weight right now, but I'm always willing to cheer anybody on.

Angie, what a cool deal you got on that jacket. I tried one on at JC Penney's (going out of business) and it was wonderfully soft but it was nowhere near the $10 deal that you got, so on the rack it stayed. Sometimes I wish I lived somewhere cold so I could wear my leather jacket more often. It only gets taken out of the closet when I go on vacation during the fall or winter...hmmm, maybe it wants to go to Vegas w/me?

Chris, thanks for the big kick in the pants the other day. I think I need another one though---have any steel-toed boots?

Kempy, I've been lucky so far with my doc. She's really great. I've only been going to her for about 3 years so I've always been pretty heavy w/her. Any loss is a positive as far as she's concerned. I'm trying to get rid of a lot of excess weight so I can try to have another little squirt. My son is gonna be 4 in a couple of weeks. Don't want him to be an only, spoiled rotten kid--and I'm not getting any younger!

Well, if I don't get back to these boards before Christmas, I want to wish each and every one of you wonderful gals a blessed Christmas. Thanks so much for all of the words of wisdom, encouragement and laughter that you have shared with me. I love you guys!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:35 PM   #74  
Finally Fit!

Default Good Gravey!

I just love christmas. Noelle, you actually are an inspiration to us, because you are honest wiht yourself,a nd us other chicks, who may lie to ourselves. It's people like you, who open up, and speak honeslty about your temptaitons, your trips down the mounatain, that helpsu s open up too. We're all where you are, and if we don't admit it, poop on us.

I"m at grandma's right now, takinga break from the trough, to write to you guys. I"m seating, from all the people,a nd so grateful I showed her how to use the computer, now I can get online whenever I wanna. THis house is known for it's good gravey. It's hard to lose weight in a family that eats together, big and often.

Hey, I didn't get fat taking walks. Which reminds me, I wanted to comment about exercising during hte olidays. I am finding that because i"m cheating, if I take a long walk at the end of the night, I tend to feel less guilty, less heavy when I go to bed,a nd less miserable the next day. ANd, the scale, so far, is on my side, I"m certainly not losing, but I'm mnaintaining. So, that's a victory. If you keep it up, you'll get through the holidays alive. ANd not too much fatter. I'm no skinny-minny. Keep it up girls... you can do it!
Old 12-23-2002, 09:17 PM   #75  
Going All The Weigh

Hey ladies. Almost made it through the season. Gah, we are having our special day tomorrow, then I work Wednesday. I'm really dreading it. I know my mothers cooking she goes all out. Feel sort of blah right now, just wanted to say hey.
Closed Thread