Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 07:08 AM   #16  
Finally Fit!

We ahve a duck obsessino here in my area as well. For different reasons I'm sure. People around here collect decoys. Fancy, painted,a nd artsy ducks. All kinds of peole, from all over, come here for the Decoy Museum. Then there's the decoy festival. We have the Potapsco river here, and a "boardwalk" for people to walk on. Pretty area really. Never like dthe idea of hunting though. Imagine you ,sitting in the mall, eting a frozen yogurt, and someone shoots you with a be-be? What the heck did you do to deserve that one? Anyway, I'd finish my ice cream before passing out probbly, Never waste dessert! ha Ha.

Isn't it great to sit an dlook at your christmas ttree, with all the sentimental ornaments from when you wre a kid, or even just pretty ornaments you put on yourself. This tme of year, it is so grat to just sit, think, and look at the beautiful lights, houses, trees, and the faces of people. Reminiscing.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:13 AM   #17  

I love our tree. Joe and I buy a new ornament together. I remember each year when I look at the tree. If peopel weren't in such a hurry it would be the perfect time of year.

I don't care much for the hunting part either but we do eat the duck. He doesn't do it for sport. I have to remember that I eat chicken and cow too. I try to forget about what happens to them though.
Old 12-11-2002, 10:45 AM   #18  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Yeah, I don't like hunting either. I hate to see the deer tied up to a tree. I feel so bad for them. Luckily, Jay didn't get anything this year. I feel like a hypocrite eating chicken and cow too. But yet I do it, go figure.

I have never had duck kempy, Is it good? It looks so fatty.

I didn't get my pap. period started. Now I have to go next Thursday but I did get to go talk to the FNP.

Chris, I want to see your pic too.
Old 12-11-2002, 11:02 AM   #19  

Duck is actually very lean. There really isn't much of the breat meat though. Farm raised tastes way better than wild. I can't tolerate that gamey taste. I heard if you soak it in milk it will take it away. I will have to try that . We have some breasts in the fridge.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:50 PM   #20  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Thumbs down Wow Chris!!!

You look georgeous in those pics. You are so tiny!!! Your hubby is so tall. How tall is he?

How is everyone?

Did anyone read my journal? I am having a moral dillemna(sp). I think we made up our minds to take it if it is offered. Jay just told me that about a month ago Johnny(BIL) tried to get MIL to take his donuts instead of ours so I say screw him!!! I can't stand him anyway. I figure that about a year ago we could have had a chain of stores if we were willing to take them all and Jay said no so we saved his business back then because that would have been 95% of his business. This family reminds me of the Adams Family(LOL)
Old 12-12-2002, 07:35 PM   #21  
so close, yet so far...

S/C/G: wanna be 135

Height: 5'3"

Hello everybody. Where are you? It's been such a busy day here I haven't really had time to read many posts except @ lunch. I'm usually just sitting here fooling around but for the past few days it's been a whirlwind and I've had to actually work (gasp!).

Chris, so where's this picture the gals have been talking about?

Angie I read your journal and left a comment for you--you know, I would never have had this problem with my BIL since he's never ever gotten off his @ss and had a job (EVER). What bugs me is that when he's short on funds which is ALWAYS since he doesn't work, is that he's always calling us to see if he can work for cash. Oh yeah, his name is "Rob" but I call him "Scrub".
Old 12-12-2002, 07:49 PM   #22  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking a little sumfin under the tree

Here is two of my kitties. they were strays on out lot when we bought it.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:06 PM   #23  
so close, yet so far...

Those are beautiful cats--they look so lazy and content. They are very lucky you took them in. My cat always a "*****y" look on her face (just like her owner)

how do you insert those pictures on here anyway? and how do you resize a digital pic to use as your avatar? I can't figure it out.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:08 PM   #24  
Finally Fit!

Default Pictures

HI Girls, Okay, here's a picture I just love. of me and hubby. Isn't hea a cutey? I love him so. Well, today was blah for me. I had a long meeting at work, and they gave me grief about using too many minutes on the company cell phone. Get a grip. I was forced to eat out for lunch, but managed to get a chicken ceasar salad. Then, I came home, like I'd die if I didn't eat, and had salad again. Then, for dinner, hubby made me roast, white rice and broccoli. He's so good to me. Well, I"m getting a new hot water heater, and they're noisey. Hope the picture comes out.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:09 PM   #25  
Finally Fit!

hey it worked!!! SOme people day we look like brother and sister... eww! here's another one. I'm on a roll.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:14 PM   #26  
so close, yet so far...

Wow you guys look great together--he's sooo tall and you look mah-velous! Thanks for sharing that, I need the inspiration and motivation right now. Gee if I were your hubby's height maybe I'd be at a healthy weight right now, hehe.
Old 12-12-2002, 08:24 PM   #27  
Finally Fit!

He's very tall, and looks adorable, but his weight changes al the time. he has Crohn's Disease, so he's on chemo, and has terrible bouts of ab pains. He is just now getting healthy again, after losing 60 poundsi n a few months, only to gain it all back when he starts to get better. He tends to stop eating when he's sick... then as his health improves, he eats again, and rapidly gains. He hates it.
Old 12-12-2002, 09:39 PM   #28  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

To do your avatar you click on usercp at the top of the page and go to change avatar. To resize it I use my picture it software and size it to the exact dimensions that this sight allows. If you want to you can email me a pic and I can try it for you and send it back so you can use it.

Chris, how is Chris feeling now? Better I hope.
Old 12-13-2002, 09:10 AM   #29  
Finally Fit!

Default healthy man aboard

Hello!!! Last night, we got a new hot water heater. Can't believe ow excied we are. We're planning to sue our warrenty company. It's a long story. They never pay. That's the short story of it.

So, hubby is healthy. Heavn'et used the Emergency meds yet. Thank God. I think we're on an up slope. hope it lasts forever.

Noelle: Did you figure out how to use the picture part? When you 'post reply" to this thread.. at the bottom is an option :attach file".. click browse, and decide what picture on your cpmputer you wanna show... then click ok, and then post your reply, It'll show up in the reply from you.. try it.

Angie: you guys get to use that snow blower yet?

Kempy: how's your exercising going? Just checkin in.

Jenni: Where are ya girl?! It can't be that bad! We're here when you're ready.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:12 PM   #30  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

not much snow here yet. Jay is getting depressed. His snowmobile is just sitting in the yard being used for a bed by the cats/ LOL
Closed Thread