Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #211  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

I'm Baaaaaaack!! Yesterday was soooo hectic! We left late, grabbed a less than ideal breakfast at 7am and then didn't eat again until 7pm!!! I was STARVING. Thankfully, I had plenty of drinks to stay hydrated. I was going with a friend to visit her son in a hospital, so eating kind of took a back burner to spending time with my friend's son.

Food went like this:

B: 12oz sugar-free chocolate-latte w/ skim, no whipped cream. 1 cream cheese and strawberry pastry (No idea of the calories)

L: None.

Dinner: The Cracker Barrel dinner sampler. I didn't even attempt to stay healthy. I had 2/3 cup of the chicken and dumplings, 1/2 cup of mac and cheese, 1/2 cup of green beans, 1/2 cup of baked apple slices, a piece of meatloaf slightly larger than a deck of cards and a corn muffin.

The great part of it all is that I had to go to my friend's house the night before we left and spend the night. I had eaten before so I wouldn't be super starving. She bought a bunch of snacky foods that sounded good, but because I had already eaten, I just didn't want. I successfully said no to loaded potato skins, chips, full-sugar soda and a few other things. Oh, and I said no to Chinese food at another friend's house when we stopped over. So I had dinner, then nothing else until breakfast the next morning. I felt great!

Despite the huge dinner last night, I'm still down .4lbs from my last weigh in, so I'm at 154.6lbs. Considering the sodium was probably through the roof, I'll take it!!!

I'm off to catch up on personals!

Stacy: I try to add egg whites for some low-cal protein at breakfast. I just fry them up like scrambled eggs, or I add 1 egg yolk and 2 egg whites, mix them up, add some lowfat cheese and veggies and have an omelet. It's low-cal, yummy and has some good protein!

Everyone else: Thank you so much for the support! The hubby said taking care of the kids wasn't all that hard, but he did say he didn't do any house work (I could DEFINITELY tell when I walked in...) and since it was a weekend they didn't really have to do anything other than laze around the house. LOL I'm so happy to be back home! I missed the kids so much. I actually woke myself up talking several times while sleeping at my friend's house because I kept hearing my youngest crying and coughing and I was telling her to come get in bed with me. LMAO. It's good to be home!

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 01-30-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:54 PM   #212  
Blessed!

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Bah. Up a pound this morning. I'm so frustrated, I think I'll go binge on some water or something. I just want to be in Onderland so badly. My original goal had me in Onderland by Valentine's Day, but with all my stalls and plateaus, it looks like I'll have to reassess my goal.

Oh well, like Vixsin said, the number doesn't rule us and we're all rockstars for how hard we work at this.

Ok, off to sulk and binge on water.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Pint: Way to go with skipping the snacky foods... forgot to say.. I don't eat eggs!

Shells: Remember about a month ago... I had a plateau... it was getting under 200. Our bodies know it is a milestone and they don't want those pounds evicted... you'll get there!

JUst went to the gym. I don't usually go on Sunday but I skipped Saturday. Did an hour on the treadmill. 5 min warm up, 50 minutes at 9% ncline and 3.8mph, 6 min. cool down. Then I stretched and did the ab crunch machine.

Kiss Kiss!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:20 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Good morning Everyone....I posted earlier and it vanished! LOL You gotta remember I'm 'MATURE' and not as computer savvy as you young-ins.

I did really good yesterday, i cant remember the calories, but it was apx 1000. No exercise yet, gosh this throat has to get better. sighs~

I can;t wait until tomorrows weigh in. I haven't been able to say that in a long time. BUT I'm excited!!

Have an awesome afternoon Everyone! Debbie
Old 01-30-2011, 01:27 PM   #215  

Pint welcome back, I'm really glad you had fun. I leave my home every month and spend a night or two with friends. I'm retired, and i do enjoy time away. My hubby is a couch potato, and I'm glad this is something i do for myself.

Stacy
Thank YOU. I'm excited about tomorrows weigh-in

Diane Your so close to your goal! Your quite an inspiration to all of us.

Shells
What this i hear about sulking? LOL Chin up sweetie.

WELCOME to the new girls!

hugs Debbie
Old 01-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #216  

Cheering Shells to Onderland.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:35 PM   #217  

Cheering Diane to Goal!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:05 PM   #218  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Staceygee... it wasn't JUST cocktails haha... I had four glasses of wine (eep!) and some yummy hor'deurves and dessert...
Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #219  
Wreck'n'Rule

S/C/G: 168/138/133

Height: 5'5

Ate almost an entire tub of Phish Food ice cream today.

Do I care?

Not really, because this morning I went for a two mile run in the FREEZING cold! Brr! Tomorrow I'm going to go to a nice warm gym, screw this 'outside' crap until the weather gets warmer!

Oh, also today I had a small plate of scrambled eggs, and a gluten-free cheese sandwich. But yeah, ice cream was my main meal today xD
Old 01-30-2011, 04:58 PM   #220  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

GainingWeightInLa, great job on the eating out victory!

shellsbrood, loving the idea of binging on water. I need to try that some time.

Thanks for the encouragement, LindseyLouHoo and stacygee I'm sure you're right.

Diana, you're right, I will get into a routine. I've got no temptation to give up now. Like I said, it just doesn't make sense to me anymore. I'm still confident, if a little disappointed

Today, I weighed again. I always underestimate the power of sodium. I was down another two pounds, putting me at four pounds lost this month. I suspect it might be more, considering my food choices yesterday were still not the best. Being at my parents' house is such a trigger for unhealthy eating. It's still exciting to see some progress, no matter how small.

Back on track today, not exceeding 1500 calories, healthy choices, et cetera, et cetera.

Last edited by Eurydice; 01-30-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:07 PM   #221  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Vixsin – Thank you! I love the DP too!

Belly –

Katy – Well done on your meal plan and exercise!

Ande – I’m glad that your gig went well!

Jomatho – 5 miles is great, jogging or running! To have that kind of endurance is great! I can do about 5-5.5mph for 3 miles, if I’m doing a shorter distance I maybe can do 5.7-6.0. I’m trying to work on my endurance to jog/run longer distances. “Use what you have to finish what you've started!" Love that motto! 1.6# and 3.5” is great for a week!

Diana – Woo hoo! I’m envious of your downward trend!

LLBold – No way! I was there this weekend for the first time. We moved to Clarksville in September and never made it there. We went down Broadway – very cool! We had a blast! We want to move there now! What do you do in Nashville? How long have you lived there?

Gaining – Maybe the little bit of higher calories helped your body to let some pounds off? I notice that sometimes…I’ll eat out or have a little more calories than normal, then boom, a whoosh!!

Stacy – Thank you!

Pint – Yay for the loss and saying to the chips, soda and Chinese food!

Shells – Awww, I’m so sorry! That is terribly frustrating. IF it makes you feel any better, I’m right here WITH ya. I’m up 2# since Friday… I love that you said you’re going to go binge on water… You’re getting so close to Onderland – you WILL get there soon girlie! I agree with Vixsin – we’re all rockstars for working THIS hard!!!!!!

Debbie – Hey there!

Wysteria – Wow, 2 miles! Nice work! I wouldn’t stress about the ice cream!

Eury – WOW! Great work!!!

I’m weighing in at 150.8 today….SUPER disappointed about that. Up 2# since Friday!
I suspect it’s all the sodium Friday night and Saturday…

I did well today though... Here’s the break down of today…

B - strawberry oatmeal w/milk 180, toast 100 (280)
S - ½ everything bagel w/RF cream cheese (200)
L - Turkey wrap on low-card wheat (w/provolone, Dijon mustard and lettuce) 230, FF chocolate pudding 80 (310)
S - small banana 100, ½ c. RF cottage cheese 90 (190)
D - chicken taco salad (chicken, lettuce, black beans, tortilla chips, cheese and RF sour cream) 420
Pilates 20 minutes
(I’ve worked out 7 days in a row! )

OFF subject of my meal plan for today...any ideas as to why I didn't gain any weight during TOM last week? I was up a few ounces, and down, and up, and down. Nothing major, seems weird. ??????

Night ladies!

Last edited by LindseyLou; 01-30-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #222  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Hi all -

I am on Day 2 of a self-imposed week with no sweets/desserts. Yesterday went well, I ate between 1400-1500 and none of that was sweets or binge-triggering, though I did eat paella which is basically just a big bowl of saffron rice with pieces of seafood stuck in it.

Hope everyone sticks to their guns and continues to make progress!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:52 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 215/195/130

Height: 5'3"

I'm so happy! I'm almost back down to where I was before my medication caused a spike in my weight! Then it'll continue to go down from there!
I'm surprised with how effective keeping a diet diary has been. Thinking, "do I really want to write that down and be reminded of it every time I open it up?" is a good incentive not to eat too much!
And lurking these forums has been helping. Thanks, guys!
Old 01-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #224  

S/C/G: 215/195/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampus View Post
Hi all -

I am on Day 2 of a self-imposed week with no sweets/desserts. Yesterday went well, I ate between 1400-1500 and none of that was sweets or binge-triggering, though I did eat paella which is basically just a big bowl of saffron rice with pieces of seafood stuck in it.

Hope everyone sticks to their guns and continues to make progress!
Haha, wow, go you!! That'd be super tough for me, I have to make room for a little bit of chocolate in my daily calorie count or else I feel cheated.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #225  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Diana(LA) If you were within your calorie range and you had lower sodium in the day, it's completely possible to lose. Or in my case, it will jump on you the next day! But in your case, we will think positive. You had a whoosh and it will stick.

Stacy Did your trainer mention about lowering your carb calories to make up for the extra protein? Meaning, if you just add extra protein, will it put you over your calorie range? Do you like cottage cheese or Greek yogurt? They are both good sources of protein. How about finding a protein powder that's higher in protein. Maybe just add more protein powder?

Shells Ha Ha If I wwere eating something, I would have spit it out on the computer screen. Did you binge on water after all?

Debbie Thank you! Let us know how your weigh in goes.

Eurydice Sodium is the devil. And I know him all too well.

Lindsey This week you will kick that sodium/water weight to the curb!

Krampus Hang in there.
Closed Thread