Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 06:21 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Ladies and Gent,

We got a call today that the Dr wants to see my Husband tomorrow am. We are heading to Greenville NC bright and early in the am. It looks like he is going to need lung surgery. sighs~

My time here will be limited. Please have an awesome day, eat healthy!

Debbie
Old 01-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #257  

S/C/G: 293/Ticker/193

Height: 5 4

Wysteria super! My bathing suits are too small.

LLB
please feel better soon.

MomaP lovely

Gaining good luck!

I'm at 805 calories for the day. I can't believe I'm still sick. Its been 8 days today, and I'm on antibiotics.

Good Night everyone! debbie
Old 01-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 174/170/125

Height: 5'2"

Retrospective victory:

This weekend wasn't so great for me, nutrition-wise. As you all know, I ate a huuuuuge dinner out with family on Friday and snacked on the leftovers all the next day. Saturday and Sunday, I had several moments where I started to binge. I was eating when I wasn't hungry and often went back for another "bite or two" of whatever food appealed to me most. While I ultimately did not count either of those days as binge days, since I was able to pull myself out of the binge before it got serious and I got stuffed, those were nonetheless three very overeating-friendly days. I was scared to track the foods because I was worried about the crazy number of calories I assumed I'd collected.

So today, I finally got back on board. I wrote down everything I ate from the past three days (should I be worried how easily I can remember this sort of information?) and estimated the calories of each, always rounding up. And guess what? Friday and Saturday, I hovered just below maintenance. Sunday, I matched my goal of 1500 calories.

I'm so thrilled. I guess I wasn't giving myself credit for all the effort I put in not to binge and not to scarf all my food at the restaurant. Looking back, I see several moments where I wanted to have seconds, or buy some cookies or pizza on a whim. A month ago, I would have, but now? It's gotten so much easier to say "no," because I have concrete goals based on behavior, not result. "Lose fifty pounds" is a wonderful goal, and I want that a lot, but sometimes it sounds so impossible and distant and abstract. "Don't binge!" and, "Track everything eaten!" are things that I can take care of now, because they're ongoing and reinforce the idea that every moment counts.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling, but I needed to express the rebirth of my motivation.

Today, specifically: Already met calorie goal. I'm officially back on my school's meal plan. I forgot how filling and calorie-rich their meal choices are. Not to mention, the servings are huge. I'll probably get hungry later tonight, in which case I'll eat some yogurt or something and just live with going over my goal today. Got to expect some mistakes when your daily routine shifts... Classes started up again, so I've got a lot on my plate. /lame pun
Old 01-31-2011, 08:46 PM   #259  
Kim

S/C/G: 210/150

Height: 5'5

Busy day here..worked all afternoon (I work from home so somedays it's hit and miss). Envious of all those clean houses out there....anyone want to come to mid-michigan and take care of mine!! We are looking forward to a BIG snow event, so the kids are especially wound up tonight. Did well eating today, stayed within my points, but I haven't had a chance to get on that bowflex. I am getting pooped out and not sure it is going to happen. Will have to see how I can get motivated after getting my kiddos to bed.

Congrats Eurydice! Finding the mo-jo to get back on track is great! Start each day with a refreshed vision and energy!

Good job everyone for staying on plan and having a great day! "See" you all tomorrow!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #260  
Diana

Height: 5' 4"

DebbieOBX, I am soooo sorry about your husband. If you don't mind me asking, why lung surgery? You know we're here to support you in what ever way we can.....not just for weight loss! Hope you feel better soon, too girl! I'll say prayers for ya! Keep us posted about how things are going for you!

Well, our appraisal went okay I think. I hope it appraises for what we need it to! I'm sittin at 1289 calories for the day, but as I said, I worked my hiney off on this house today, so I know I burned a bunch! I'm exhausted! AND I think I've hurt my back. I hope the increase in calories doesn't blow my WW weigh in tomorrow. I'm a little worried about it! I guess what ever will be will be, though, huh?

Well, I'm off to go put my feet up and rest a little! Been quite a day!
Have a great night folks! See ya tomorrow!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:19 PM   #261  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Hi Everyone! I started the new February check-in! Take a look:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...le-change.html

Debbie I will say a Prayer for you and your DH. I hope everything is OK. Please update us when you can.

Stacy What is the update from the trainer on the protein/calories?

LLBoldAsLove87 Hi

Vixsin Congrats on the 35 pounds! That's awesome work!

Shells Congrats on the 55 pounds. You are doing great!

Pint How did your friends surgery go?

Diana(LA) Hi How did the appraisal go? ETA: I just saw your post about the appraisal.

Belly Buster Congrats on meeting your January goal!

Lindsey Congrats on getting rid of some that water! DH wants a German Shorthair sometime in the future. How is she fitting in?

Kris I love the new hair cut!

Novelista Hi

Lauren Hi wave: Stay safe in the snow storm.

Wysteria Great job on the bathing suit NSV!

Eurydice Congrats on getting back on board. You can do it. Take one day at a time.

Last edited by Diana3271; 01-31-2011 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #262  
Trying to live below 200

I had a total loss of 8.4 pounds for January.

Total Approx 1490 + Morning Joe

Breakfast (365 Calories + coffee)
spritz oil in pan
egg 70 cal
egg whites from carton 60 calories
Handful of spinach
2% Reduced Fat Cheese 40 calories
high fiber English muffin 100 calories
1 teaspoon jam 20 calories
juice 75 calories
coffee w/sugar and cream

Lunch (375 Calories)
Earth Grains Thin Bun 100 calories
3 Slices Hormel Natural Choice Deli Turkey 60 Calories
Mustard/Lettuce 25 Calories
Oikos Strawberry Greek Yogurt 4 ounce container 90 calories
1 Apple 100 calories

Dinner (750 Calories)
1/2 Napa Almond Chicken Salad Sandwich 340 calories
1 Cup Cheddar Broccoli soup 190 calories
2 fruit cups 120 calories
2 Dove Dark Chocolate Promise 100 calories

Exercise
~TF HIIT 30
~Tamilee Webb I Want Those Buns (lower body)
~TJ 20 Minute Workout w/Fitstix (upper body)
Old 01-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #263  

S/C/G: 200/176/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurydice View Post
I'm so thrilled. I guess I wasn't giving myself credit for all the effort I put in not to binge and not to scarf all my food at the restaurant. Looking back, I see several moments where I wanted to have seconds, or buy some cookies or pizza on a whim. A month ago, I would have, but now? It's gotten so much easier to say "no," because I have concrete goals based on behavior, not result. "Lose fifty pounds" is a wonderful goal, and I want that a lot, but sometimes it sounds so impossible and distant and abstract. "Don't binge!" and, "Track everything eaten!" are things that I can take care of now, because they're ongoing and reinforce the idea that every moment counts.
You did awesome! It's amazing, when you think about what you might have done before you realize you ROCKED it! The old me would have definitely not passed up seconds, and of course, dessert. You did great!!!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:03 PM   #264  
Mini Goal 2 reached!

S/C/G: 164/142.5/135

Height: 5'6.5"

HI ladies! Good day today - weighed in, and I was down to 152! woo hoo Ticker change! Tonight is the last night of the month, so I will be doing my monthly measurements - how many inches did I lose?! I'll let you know tomorrow!

I stopped at the store and bought bunch of blizzard staples so we can hunker down and ride out the storm. My bf has to get up in the morning for work, and call in to see if it's worth making the 1 1/2 hour drive to work... why can't they just call it? He works construction - how productive can you be under a foot of snow with 45 mph wind gusts? come on, LOL. I'm sure he'll be home with me, if not, he'll be taking my truck, so I will stay all roasty toasty in my pjs, LOL.

A friend brought over a zucchini cake, and I am so excited, because I am under in my calories, and can enjoy a piece guilt free! (besides... Zucchini is a vegetable, right? LMBO)
Old 01-31-2011, 11:02 PM   #265  

S/C/G: 164/see ticker/125

Height: 5 feet even

It was an up/down day for me.

Had a great lifting workout in the gym and did some walking around at the outlet mall. BUT I ate more than I would have liked. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't 'out of control', binge or anything, but my calories were higher than I would have liked.

Food:
protein shake (270)
3 tacos, some chips, and salsa, and teeny bit of queso (1000)
hot tea (50)
chic-fil-a cone (150)
cereal and milk (200)
1/2 rotisserie chicken breast, 1/3 cup pan fried new potatoes, some corn, 1/2 cup rice (700)

Total: 2370

I know I may be overestimating, but I know it was over 2000 and that doesn't make me happy.

I was slightly annoyed because I weighed this morning and the scale was up again to 150.5 after some pretty darn good days under my belt. Oh well, it is what it is, and today wasn't a breakdown or anything.

I just don't know how to figure the Mexican place, and dinner was just what mom prepared at the house, so I made me a small plate there. It's just impossible to 'know' what stuff like that really winds up being calorie-wise.
Old 01-31-2011, 11:09 PM   #266  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

Diana, I haven't heard from her yet. I'm trying not to worry. I know she's probably taking it easy.

Today was a so so day. I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast this morning, thanks to my escapist dog... But lunch and dinner was great!

B: Dog chasing

L: 2 grilled fish tacos, lowfat refried beans (about 1/4 cup) 1/2 cup of rice.

D: 1 chicken sausage that had some kind of cheese in it. I don't know, hubby made it. 1 hot dog bun, 6 cucumber slices (in a kind of cucumber salad, light) 1/4 cup or less of homemade fresh cabbage slaw, 1 slice of bacon.

AND... and I can't believe this... Ok, for the past couple of days I've really been worried about money/jobs and our future. I've been praying that God would give me a sign about whether I really should or should not try for law enforcement. Today I got a knock on the door and it was a police officer. He told me he was asking background check questions on a neighbor, then told me the department was accepting applications and I should apply. So after talking with the hubby, he reluctantly agreed to fully support me. The only thing is I have to out-shoot him with the pistol, and I have to be able to fully defend myself against someone his size. They're accepting apps until April. I can already do most of the physical fitness stuff, I just need to polish up!
Old 02-01-2011, 08:39 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 138/134.5/118

Height: 5'4"

Pint-Sized... That is SO exciting! My dad was a Fire Chief and I have a lot of police officers in the family, so I definitely support any career in that area!

Is this thread going to move since it is now February?

The scale is being REALLLY stubborn ... I'm hoping it is because of TOM, not re-weighing for the next couple days, I'll be on a liquid diet because of the wisdom tooth extraction tomorrow, so hopefully SOMETHING will happen!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 AM   #268  
Trying to live below 200

Follow me to the February thread! http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...le-change.html
Closed Thread