Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2002, 12:33 PM   #166  

Right now I wish I was a little warmer, yes!
What part of Cali are you in? My MIL lives in San Clementi. It is so pretty there but let me tell you I don't know how you guys live there. Everyone is always in such a hurry. I get nervouse when we are driving out there. I was there one time when it was raining and I felt like I needed to get off the roads ASAP. Everyone dives like mad people. I can't say much though b/c New Orleans people are insane drivers plus to make it worse we know how to drive in the rain so nothing slowes them down.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:44 PM   #167  

Here we can drive while holding cell phones, eating, drinking, putting on make-up, balancing check books and reading a book. I even exercise while I'm in the car! lol And I love to drive.
Old 12-06-2002, 12:48 PM   #168  

That is funny. I could actually picture what you were saying. They are trying to pass a law here that you can't eatr or talk on you cell while you are driving. That willnever make it through. I am sure that all of the politicians won't give up their cells.
Old 12-06-2002, 07:33 PM   #169  

Hope everyone did well today. Miss your posts, Heather. I'm thinking of you, Joanie. Glad your Thanksgiving went well, Jo Jo. This is day #2 for you, Wendy, right? How's it going Ara and Amar? Tara, you still with us? Hope so. Sheila, so good to hear you're sleeping and eating better. Jeris, love your diary!! Kempy, have a great time in New Orleans!

(If I forgot anyone, my bad.)
Old 12-06-2002, 11:24 PM   #170  

Default Get Christmas Baking Out of the Way

Dean & Kemp - re diary - thanks It is fun.

I've been Christmas baking today, and I need to get it away and in the freezer. So far, I've eaten 1 peanut butter cookie and 1 1/2 squares. Get those things in the freezer!!!!

Tomorrow, I have to ice 4 more pans of squares, make some more cookies and probably some more squares. My goal is to get it done and done quickly. The longer its looking me in the face the more temptation there is to eat it!!

We are also going out for supper tomorrow night. We don't socialize with them much so I don't know what to expect.

This time of the year can certainly be hard.

Here's my goals:

Exercise tomorrow morning

Try to record all my points tomorrow as best I can
Old 12-06-2002, 11:46 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

Day # 2 --

I didn't make it to the gym ~ actually I did, but I missed the free day care hours.

I was over on calories (2100), but not so far over that I consider it a loss and need to start over.

I heard somewhere that you burn 500 calories a day breastfeeding, so I am hoping that 2100 is really 1600 and I did just fine.

I MUST EXERCISE TOMORROW!

I am going to call the gym now and see if the nursery is staffed on Saturdays.
Old 12-08-2002, 01:27 AM   #172  

Checking in~~

1347 cals (even had a yummy large choc chip cookie-yum!), 9 glasses of water, exercised (walked), pampered--did nails, sprayed perfume. Plus I had a fun day!

Wendy, great job on day #2. Hope the nursery was staffed today.

Jeris, baking? That would be the death of me. Good luck at tomorrow night's dinner.

Have a great weekend.
D
Old 12-08-2002, 12:04 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 222/187/120

Height: nearly 5'2"

I can hardly believe I have made it to day 4 of 2000 calories a day or under. My goal is 1500, but I would rather go a bit over to 2000 than fail completely and give up. I figure it's better to up the bar than get rid of it.

We are Christmas tree hunting again today. That is always good exercise. Yesterday I spent 3 hours tromping through the woods and found a few good prospects. Having a baby strapped to your tummy doesn't make for good balance. XC skiing is going to be a challange. He won't be big enough for a backpack for a little bit and I think downhill skiing will be to cold for him (he's only 12 weeks) - so XC skiing it is, even though I am not nearly as good on skinny ski's as I am on downhill boards. My mom's best friend bought us the most poofy baby snowsuit you've ever seen complete with mittens, hat, and scarf. It is down with fleece lining. He should stay plenty toasty in there.
Old 12-08-2002, 09:02 PM   #174  

Checking in~~

1562 cals, 9 glasses of water, walked, new lotion, had a great day!

Mon-1248 cals
Tues-1502
Wed.-1398
Thur-1311
Fri.- 549
Sat.-1347
Sun-1562

Average cals = 1274

Last edited by Dena; 12-08-2002 at 09:09 PM.
Old 12-08-2002, 10:54 PM   #175  

At least I accomplished my goals:

I exercised and I counted points

I did 45 minutes of hard exercise on the treadmill both today and yesterday. Today I walked and walked and walked at the mall. That has to count for something.

The only low fat thing on the menu was steamed broccoli last night. Oh well, one day at time.

Tomorrow is a new day.
Old 12-09-2002, 03:00 AM   #176  

Hi
I want to get one thing out of the way... I didn't read the entire thread but...WENDY how long ago did you have your baby? Be patient and take it easy, especially if you are breast feeding. The weight should come off with out even trying, for at least the first 6 months or so. Thats when my weight loss stopped and I needed to start paying more attention to what I was eating. I had trouble exercising too, because I dehydrate easily. I really didn't feel good during exercise until I weaned the little one. Take it easy and drink lots of water.
That said.... I need one day at a time support for the next week. My husband is out of town and I thought I'd take advantage of not having to cook...I'm hoping to drop a quick 4 pounds or so; I want to fit into my Levis comfotably by the end of the week. So here I am, and I'm determined to hold my self accountable. Eat less exercise more!!
I'm going to bed. Talk to you tomorrow.
-Appleblossom
Old 12-09-2002, 11:00 AM   #177  

Good Morning!

Welcome Apple Blossom. Good luck losing the 4 lbs. You can do it!

Jeris, congrats on meeting your goals this week.

Wendy, that is so great that you're on day #5 now. Wow, taking your little one xc skiing. Sounds a little too adventurous to me, but I know you"ll be careful.

Kemp, how was New Orleans?

My goals: journal, exercise, drink water, pamper, think positive.

See ya later.

D
Old 12-09-2002, 11:10 AM   #178  

It's Monday and we are off shopping again.

My goal for this week is to keep track of points, exercise at least 5 days a week and drink water. As soon as I finish this email I'm going to get a bottle of water and put it on the counter.

Good luck to everyone else during this stressful time.

I find the Christmas season to be very stressful. Lots to do and too many temptations in the way of food.

In the past I've gotten busy and not gone to WW to weight in. Then skipping 1 week leads to 2 weeks, to 3 weeks, etc. And the the lbs. pile on.

I don't know why I am so silly in that I don't want to go back when gain. That is when I need to go back the most!!! Anyone else in the same boat?
Old 12-09-2002, 11:41 AM   #179  

I am still here but very busy. I will be back later to chat and to tell about my weekend.
Old 12-09-2002, 02:40 PM   #180  

Jer, why do you go to WW? Do you just go in to weight in? I know so ladies that instead of going to WW they formed a friendship group and they all weight in together on a certain day. That way they have the support they need but they also get to keep their cash. I am not knocking WW by any means I am sure everyone goes for their own reasons.

D- do you think we should start a new thread so we don't have so many pages?

Hi AppleB! I was off line all weekend so I didn't get to say it earlier. Glad you could joiun us.

Morr - somtimes I wish we had snow here so taht I could get a little extra calorie burning in.
Closed Thread