Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 06:11 PM   #61  

I just got back from the gym and feeling pretty frisky. I not only walked on the treadmill, but jogged (thanks for the motivation, Heather!). Plus I did my regular routine and added a set of leg crunches (thanks for the info, Kemp!).

Oh, by the way, everyone with two names, which do you prefer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Elizashae or Heather
Ara or Babette
Morrigan or Wendy

OK, I'm off to cook dinner. Have a great night, guys!
(Hugs),
Dena

Last edited by Dena; 11-19-2002 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-19-2002, 07:14 PM   #62  

Hehe...

Heather is fine. I bet it gets a bit confusing, eh?

Way to go Dena!!! I'm so proud of you!!!!

I'm off in a bit to jog. Good evening and a wonderful attitude to you when you wake up tomorrow!!

Heather
Old 11-20-2002, 06:19 AM   #63  
We can do this..and will!

Hey Gang...Babs, Dena, Ol' Less-again, Crone, Jojo...the gangs all here....I am feeling a string of Christmas Lites comin' on strong...before we know it Old Sarge Val N. Tiny will be back...yikes...

Good Morning Heather and Tara too!

OK, right to business...Morrigan...Congratulations...A bouncing baby boy! details details please...Name, birthdate, length weigth etc.etc....Isn't labor a scream???Haha...

I have been hangin' in there drank H20, ate well and stayed strong....today I will do the same! Have a great day, all of you! Joanie
Old 11-20-2002, 10:37 AM   #64  

Joanie. Ol" Sarg Val N Tine,----those were happy times--- You're doing super! Love Ya, D.
Old 11-20-2002, 10:46 AM   #65  

Hey, Everybody!

It's a brand new day! Got a lot of stuff to do today, but I'll check in later.

My goals:
water
exercise
journal
pamper a little
think positive

(Hugs),
D.
Old 11-20-2002, 11:38 AM   #66  

Good morning all. Even if it is a litlle late. I did it, I got up and did Pilates. I like it I will just have to get used to some of the movments. I will have to train my animals to, when I am on the floor it is not time to clober me. As soon as I sat down my 70 lbs dog tried to sit in my lap head first. Once she calmed down the cat started and wanted to go out. When I had to lay down the dog yet again come over and this time layed down on top on me. I don't think that is one of the exercise that I am supposed to do.

Food last night was good. I cut up some left over steak, cooked it down and had it over top of a big salad with all the helpings. The one bad thing was one macaroon. Brk. was a bagel w/ f/f cream cheese and a glass of milk. I know that lunch will be a 6" turkey sub with mustard and veggies and wow doritos. I love those things.

Is everyone having a good day?
Old 11-20-2002, 12:26 PM   #67  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Plunking in my plan - this is my challenge for every day, although some of the goals are weekly.

I'm following the glycemic load plan:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/article.cfm?id=48

and haven't been counting points or calories, trying to eat when hungry and not otherwise. I have been strictly following my rule of not eating other than at the table when I'm alone, which is CRUCIAL to my avoidance of binges (not to mention the sneaky calories that get in otherwise).

I walk at least 3 miles a day, sometimes considerably more, and try to do a set of yoga and one of tai chi each day, as well as first thing and last thing qi qong from time to time. I do circuit training 3 times a week. I am thinking of adding in a little more intense exercise, which I think would really speed up the weightloss.

I take in 2-3L of water a day, and aim for 9 fruit and veggie servings.

I've got 3 weeks in following this plan, Yay me!

Also, I'm trying to work on the aspects of my life that need work, because I think that if everything is in balance my weight will get there too. So I'm trying to fit in more fun, spirituality, creativity, time with friends, etc.

Kemp, here is the story of my weight problem:

I was overweight as a child, from about grade four on. When I was about 14 I lost weight and was either slim or overweight, but within 20-30 pounds (not obese, in other words) from then until I was 34 - 14 years ago. That was when I met current DH and the pounds slipped on over the years until I realized I'd gained over 70 pounds (all the while "trying" to lose weight ). My has always bounced up and down according to what I was doing. I'm determined to end this sad story with a triumph. I know I have all the tools I need at my disposal, and I WILL do this! The most important thing right now is that I've simply changed my habits. I will always follow this way of eating, and will always continue to exercise, so those pounds are ...uh... toast.

Dena, I'll answer to babette or Arabella, doesn't matter. I chose the latter name because I think it has a more powerful sound and I need the power!

Heather, I'm looking forward to doing a little easy running again, soon as I get a bit more weight off - I don't think my poor feet and knees could take the "poundage" right now

Everyone: Let's make this a fantastic day!

Last edited by Arabella; 11-20-2002 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 01:44 PM   #68  

Arabel Wow you have some great determination. I wish I could borrow that for about a week.
Old 11-20-2002, 06:06 PM   #69  

Just checkin in~~

Heather, I love your attitude! I love how you set goals and attain them. You inspire me to continue!

Kemp, wow, pilates! I'm so impressed! You know your pets know what their doing. Aren't they smart?! Just like kids wanting your attention. You gotta love 'em. (By the way, Kemp, please tell us about you and your weight loss. You have so many great ideas!

Ara, I just love your new plan and way of thinking. Thank you for the Harvard site. I really needed this information. And kudos to you for the amount of water and exercise you do. You're right! You will succeed! And I'm so happy we're doing this together.

I met my goals for today! You guys are my inpiration. Thank you!

Hope everyone else is having a good day. Let's keep on keeping on~~~~
(Hugs) D
Old 11-20-2002, 10:20 PM   #70  

Default You people rock!!!

Wow, it's been a very busy day. I'm just now slowing down and I almost went into the kitchen and did a very bad thing...instead I got on the computer and came here and after reading everyone's posts.....THERE'S NO WAY I'M SCREWING UP!!!

Joanie - way to go, stay strong and keep drinking that water!!

Arabella - you will be jogging in no time. Especially with your determination. Very inspiring! It took me some time to get there as well.

Dena - You go girl!! Way to go with reaching your daily goal!! Woohoo!!!

Kemp - Way to go with the pilates, let me know how it works for you! Your picture is beautiful by the way!

Ok girls, I met my goals....so I'll set some up for tomorrow.

Goals:
water
no overeating
no sugar
jogging

We are gonna get there!!

Heather

K, I'm going to try and paste a picture of my doggie. Her name is Maggie. She's like another kid to us
Old 11-21-2002, 05:43 AM   #71  
We can do this..and will!

Good Morning All....I have no time to type, but I just wanted to tell you all I am still here and that I am trying trying trying....I loved reading all of today's posts....Babs you inspire me....The pets and Pilates story was a real picture....reminds me of toddler days...Have fun everyone....I am going to be good today so I can tell you all that tomorrow!!!! Be strong...Joanie
Old 11-21-2002, 08:10 AM   #72  
Happy Member

Heather, that looks like a nice doggie. Does she help you exercise? I like pets, we have a nice black cat named Jethro, but he sure doesn't help me with my exercise a bit.

Here it is, another day, and we can make it a good day for ourselves. We are in this together, but it is up to each of us as individuals to stick with our program of healthy eating and exercise. The benefits are quite obvious - a longer, healthier life.

So let's stick with our program and stay positive -
Old 11-21-2002, 08:14 AM   #73  

Hello all! Sorry I've been missing for the last couple of days. It's been a little wild around here and I'm finding the busier I keep myself the less tempted I am to eat/binge. I have had a great week so far and feel amazingly more alert and more energetic. I have refrained from regular pop and sugary items. I am proud of myself (yeah). I have been following the zone and feel great and it's pretty easy to follow also. I struggle with getting the water in however I know it's just a matter of taking time to drink it. I find I drink 16 oz. on the way to work and if I keep a water bottle around me at work I will sip on it throughout the day. It seems when I get home that's when I struggle with not getting the water in....since I only work 20 hours a week, home is where I am at most often....so I need to make a conscious effort to drink all the water.
I hope all of you are doing well. My goals today are : 1)to eat according to the zone, 2)drink 8 to 10 glasses of water, and 3)do some writing in my journal.
I haven't written in my journal for a long time...but I am struggling with negative and insecure thoughts lately and I think it would really help to journal it. I feel so determined to continue living a more healthy lifestyle....I really feel I have no other choice...I continue to eat and live as I was ...which leads to irritability, lack of energy, insecurities...or I chose a healthy lifestyle and maintain a healthy weight and feel great! Sounds reasonable to me.
Thanks for all your support...I read this site often and get so much inspiration here....you are all awesome! Have a wonderful day!

Tara
217/?/165 ( I think I did this right...starting weight/current weight/goal?)
Old 11-21-2002, 11:02 AM   #74  

Hey all,

Please bear with me today, because I'm typing with me left hand. So I'll have to make this short after this one. Some of you remember i was in the screenwriting biz. Well, I got really sick last year. Deathly ill... taken to the hospital by ambulance.... Misdiagnosed a billon times... from saying it was a horrile flu with karpel tunnel to a black widow spider bite (never even thought I was bitten, so how could that be?), given all types of meds/tests & now we think I feel ill and cant use my rt hand and arm that much due partly to the stress of dealing with fast-talking, lying, cheating producers, agents, lawyers.

Kudos to those who make it in Hollywood, but it's s at a price. Maybe that's why their life is still so messed up once they make it. At least, I got to go to some pretty exciting and nerve wracking meetings at Universal. Paramount, Warners. Miramax, etc. Even went to exciting award events. Went on the Golden Globes stage and visualised me holding an award. Even got to hold an Oscar and visualized.

Anyway, drs orders to not type and get into some other biz. I go to yet another doc today.

Goals for today:
Exercise
Drink 8 glasses of water
Journal
Pamper... I did my nails yesterday
Think positive

I love you all. Lets keep on keeping on.
D

Last edited by Dena; 11-21-2002 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-21-2002, 12:03 PM   #75  

Wow dena that job sounds cool. Did you get to work with many famous people? I don't think I have been within 10 feet of any one famous.

Every on sound slike tehy are doing great with their daily goals. Mine are usually just to not eat tons of food.

Ok, here is the weight lose story..... I was alwasy a heavy child. I started to lose weight around 8th grade but was still the big girl in school. (My father pasted away and that started a very bad way of looking at food.) Even though I was about 130 in High School I was still thought of as a little heavy. I started getting into aerobics once I graduated and started to put on a little muscle. I had a good base from taking danceing at an early age. I notice that I could gain muscle really fast but the fat was still laging behind. I went through what I think all young girls went through. Not eating enough about once a day but when I did watch out. It was going to be a whole pizza by myself. I kept this up until I meat my hubby. He got me really into the weights b/c he saw my potential. I started to look a little scary. Not to bad but I am sure if I would have kept lifting I would have frightened small chidren. Of course I got comfortable with my hubby and I strated to eat more. I hated cardio so I wouldn't do it we just lifted weights. I worked at a gym then too. Boy then I started getting bigger. We lived in Florida then and got into partying alot. Drinking doesn't help weight either. Right b4 we moved from Florida I got a little depressed and went on a bigne eating frenzy. I got up to 168 which is my heaviest. I know that is not very high but for me I felt terrible. It affected everything I did. When we moved back to our home town I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything b/c I felt so bad. I got this job in Sept of last year and came every day to workout b/c I worked at night I could get it done first thing. That is when I was doing 30 min of weights and 1 hour of cardio. I lost weight all right. I got down to 149. Iwas feeling more comfortable about myself and I was proud of myself for doing it. I switched to the day shift b/c I really need to be here during the day to take care of the financial business. I stopped working out and the weight has come back. Now I am at 160. It is not all back but I don't want to give up I would love to be down to 149 again. I felt good there. I made a relization last night while I was talking to hubby. The reason I lost weight wasn't just b/c I was working out so hard. I wasn't eating enough. Thatis not good. I would work out go home and eat a sandwich or 4 eggs and that would be it until I go off at 9PM. Then I would hae a smoothie and a luna bar for dinner. That is not nearly enough. This time I want to do it right and eat healthier.

Sorry for babbling but you asked for it.
Closed Thread