Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #166  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
That's what you get for trying to multi-task!
No, that's what I get for trying to put a puzzle together .....with middle aged eyesight....in the semi-dark family room...down 4 beers...maybe 5....
Old 05-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

LOL now that makes more sense Gary!! The beers..
Old 05-02-2009, 05:24 PM   #168  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Angie and I took the dogs out to the duck pond and trails today....worked their and our butts off.

Then we went to Baja Fresh for lunch and split a chicken taco meal...1 each 1/2 rice and beans...just enough.

Back in the day...I would have had that all by myself and had an add on burrito two!

So full of baloney now that I don't want or need that extra burrito or entire meal for lunch!
Old 05-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #169  

Height: 5'6"

WTG Gary!

I could kill for some good Mexican food. Up to now the Mexican food here was described by a Mexican acquaintance as a criminal offence. And not a misdemeanor either.
There are now rumours of a decent Mexican take-out going round, and it is all I can do to keep myself from getting on my scooter right now and getting me some!

Baloney! I need lots of baloney!

Last edited by dutchgirl; 05-02-2009 at 05:56 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 06:35 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Gary-WTG on splitting that.. I'm a goner when it comes to good queso and salsa and chips.. I had a couple of really good coupons to some good mexican food places around where I live and I gave them away last week to co-workers so I wouldn't be tempted to go and spend more money and also eat more calories.

I just found out I will not be going to work for the upcoming week. My school district has closed as a precaution and to help prevent the flu and H1N1 (swine) flu from spreading. Fortunately we do not have to make up the days nor will I lose pay thank goodness. So I will have more rest I guess which right now I could use some due to me being in the middle of another "episode" of whatever this is. I'm going to need me lots of baloney and will power for this upcoming week so I don't go off plan since I will be bored I'm sure at times.. Baloney Baloney Baloney! :-) I also did some math today and despite my slow progress I have lost on average a half a pound per week and that's every single week since December. So that helped me see things a bit more clearly and not be so frustrated.

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 05-02-2009 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #171  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Wishing you both low cal Mexican food!

Sorry BRAT about the school closing but I hope you can get well!

The high school my son and dil teach at closed for 2 weeks...ruined a lot of track coaching and dance things they have going on besides class of course for the kids...one kid "might" have the virus.

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-02-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

You are all making me hungry talking about mexican food!

I have a friend who is sick with the flu.... don't know yet if it's the H1N1 variety. I'm hoping she recovers quickly and it doesn't spread through the rest of us!

Banquet went well last night, aside from the small piece of cheesecake I decided it was okay to have for dessert. But it was small and I enjoyed it, so I'm not going to dwell on that.

My bf is getting into town sometime later in the week and we're driving back across the country together - he's moving to Washington DC and I'm working in PA for most of the summer. I'll be really glad to see him - haven't since March. It's pretty hard being long distance like this.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:20 PM   #173  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Tempers are high today. My mother is in a cranky cranky mood which puts me on edge. Luckily I have been too busy working and being with friends to eat anything BAD. Tomorrow I MAY get a workout in, but it looks doubtful. Have a ton of cleaning to do and moving stuff to storage and laundry allllll day, so we'll see. I really want to get to the gym though. So badly!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #174  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Everybody talking about Mexican. When I went to dinner last night I really wanted Mexican. But, did I need 3 amigos (3 flour tortillas filled) or a huge plat of nachos. NO!!! I wanted it badly too. I opted for a chicken breast sandwich with some cheese. So not too bad.

Everybody is freaking out about this swine flu thing. We only have 2 cases reported in Mich. and nobody has died. Sometimes I think things get blown way out of proportion.

On that note, disturbing news around here this week. The breeder of our 2 Australian Shepherds had 70 dogs seized from her Monday. Animal control claimed neglect because they were muddy and some had standing water in their kennels. This is such a travesty and this women has been treated unjustly. Her dogs are all healthy, happy and in great condition. Duh, they are show dogs and puppies.

Some people are so quick to judge, even if they have no real knowledge or facts. I know I will be more careful in the future before I jump to conclusions. Our thoughts are with her and our hearts are breaking along with hers.
Old 05-03-2009, 01:34 AM   #175  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannette311 View Post
Have a ton of cleaning to do and moving stuff to storage and laundry allllll day, so we'll see.
Sounds like a workout to me J.! Tackle that stuff with attitude and you will burn calories galore.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:54 AM   #176  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

MMMM...mexican food...yum! STOP IT Y'ALLLLL (okay, it's been years since I lived in Texas but I still drag that out now and again!).

MTiger - that is disturbing. We had our trainer go through **** for six months - she does rescue with dogs and horses. A neighbor apparently (a new one who moved in) decided that her place was an eyesore so sic'ed the city on her. It was a farce from the word go. All cosmetic stuff and most of it completely arbitrary. She finally made it through, but talk about probably taking 10 years off of her life.

Jeannette - look up calorie burning for housecleaning (washing the car is good, too). It's actually a pretty good if not better match for a workout! Every activity counts (and don't you know I put every little flippin one down?!) LOL!

EZ - WOOHOO - I think I'm sold on the idea of refraining from my scale addiction. Boy WAS IT HARD! I kept looking at it longingly in it's little corner. But I was very good and waited until this morning as I'm making Sunday my official day.

Official as of this morning: 194. So your baloney pill continues to work (as long as I cut thru the boloney, of course!). LOL!

I love this thread :-) Thanks for starting it. Hugs all. Jeannette you have drs appt this week? Or have you already made it through that? Thinking of you!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #177  
Doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchgirl View Post
Sounds like a workout to me J.! Tackle that stuff with attitude and you will burn calories galore.
I just hoisted a BUNCH of boxes to the car. And now time to finish cleaning etc. SO TIRED!! Already! lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post

Jeannette - look up calorie burning for housecleaning (washing the car is good, too). It's actually a pretty good if not better match for a workout! Every activity counts (and don't you know I put every little flippin one down?!) LOL!

I love this thread :-) Thanks for starting it. Hugs all. Jeannette you have drs appt this week? Or have you already made it through that? Thinking of you!
I wear my GoWear Fit all the time so I can track calories pretty accurately. I'm addicted to it though...I want to see higher numbers each day, which is good, but when I don't hit those numbers it really gets me down.

My appt is tomorrow at 830. I'm guzzling water like crazy...just hoping to get rid of maybe a couple of these questionable pounds! I cannot believe I'm back up to 200. I don't feel like that at all. My clothes feel looser. Just not fair. Blah.

OH! And I am HOPING to get in 30 minutes today...at least! I need to!
Old 05-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #178  

Jeannette: Way to go on the cleaning and hauling. It's adouble whammy really, isn't it? you burn loads of calories and get a clean, organised house to come home to. WIN WIN!
Old 05-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

I need some more bologna to get through this weekend! There is a pack of cookies in the pantry calling my name!!

I hope you're all having a good (and on plan) weekend!
Old 05-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #180  
Doing it.

By the time I finished cleaning and all that stuff the gym was closed. And it's too hot for me to go outside and run.

Well, I can clean some more and I have some sewing to do.
Closed Thread