Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 08:34 AM   #286  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

DUTCHGIRL ~ It just seemed like you were doing more of your outstanding coaching...but failing to share success or failure...

Good luck as you re-focus

Have a great day TEAM!

Going off to work to burn a few more than I take in...I hope...I hope!

MANDY...worked on less of those beer calories last night!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #287  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Happy Wednesday All!

Hope everyone is doing well and feel motivated to stay on plan?

Despite being a terrible afternoon I still managed to make it to the exercise room, although did give in to a beer with our brats last night. EZ I do sympathize although usually I'm a wine drinker. But it was an AWFUL day and while I haven't calculated yesterday evening's calories I don't think it wasn't a game killer. But it was a tall one - a Bodington's pint.

Our kitty (read "child" for those of us who don't have real children) has been doing poorly for months now. She is older and has just, well, changed. Demands food all the time and meows constantly. Many days it drives me to sheer distraction. I finally talked the BF into taking her into the vet after she pulled a Linda Blair exorcist moment (spewing) on Monday. It's a little what we expected. Here's $50 bucks and we can give you some ideas but we really need to do bloodwork but that's another $145...well, folks, that's money we just don't have. Then kitty went ballistic in the room and scratched him up and then in the car, escaped her kitty carrier leaving a claw torn out in his thumb and blood everywhere. I was driving - I thought he was going kill her. This is not like him. We love our two children and we are not the type to be less compassionate despite an animal getting sick and being, shall we say - less "likeable". I think the stress over the money each month is just really getting to him.

The vet did at least understand the money issue. Plan of action is to take two weeks - I'm giving her enzymes, working with flower essences and doing energy work. Try to pull together the money for one third of the blood test which is the most likely suspect - for hyperthyroidism. And go from there. Get a better kitty carrier (this was one of those cardboard ones - it was like monster kitty the way she barrelled her way out - something out of Jurassic Park).

I know this is off topic - but I really needed to share. It was really upsetting yesterday. THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING.

Old 05-13-2009, 09:36 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblefrog View Post
Oh Mandy!!!!!! What a rotten stroke of luck! I hope they gave you good some pain medicine and you're at least out of pain today. Take of yourself...
they gave me Vicodin, it just makes me nauseous
Old 05-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #289  
Gaining Attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
they gave me Vicodin, it just makes me nauseous
I've never taken it - but mom keeps it for a bad back - and she will only take it when she is so bad she can't move - she HATES the stuff. Does the same thing to her. I don't see how people can get hooked on it! I hope the pain subsides quickly or they can prescribe something else.

YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!
Old 05-13-2009, 01:10 PM   #290  

Height: 5'6"

Hey Bobble, sorry to hear about your kitty. I have 2 furry boys myself so I know how important they are.
Is there perhaps a Humane Society Vet Hospital in your area that could provide you with more affordable health care for your little one?
You might try checking that out.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #291  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

I've been binging hardcore for a week.

I need to stop.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #292  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Hope kitty gets better. My son's GF just had her cat die.

Stop eating that food and drinking too much beer (1 would be good, right?)

Keep giving it your best effort everyone.

I-- am going to try to eat more calories. It has probably been too low for the amount of exercise I've been doing. It freaks me out some. Afraid of gaining, but I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:33 PM   #293  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Hi TEAM ~

Was a bit easier on the beer last night...will give it a go today...on my first one as I type!

MANDY ~ I hate vicodin! I deal with the pain better without that feeling!

SUPER J ~ Hugs...but...that's enough now...let's move past this!

MRSAUGIE ~Are you getting that morning work-out in?

MINDY ~ 1 would be good but I find the mlore the bletler...I am listening....just in denial...

DUTCHGIRL ~Here's to making good choices and getting enough sleep!

BOBBLEFROG ~Angie and I had bratwurst last night too. We also took our golden retrievers to the vet for heartguard and their check-up...$450 later...ouch!! But my babies are healthy right now...prayers for your's!

ROCK-ON TEAM! Wasn't Biggest Loser cool last night! So many success stories...way cool...something to shoot for...

Last edited by EZMONEY; 05-13-2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spell bratwurst right!
Old 05-13-2009, 09:39 PM   #294  
Gaining Attitude

Dutchgirl - good idea! Thank you - checked it out and we might have some options. Had our trainer recommend some things and have some numbers. It is such a weird thing - 2 years ago this would have been nothing (although EZ's $450 vet bill would have ouched still!). Just having to ride the economy out like everyone else. But glad we have a roof over our head, bills paid, food on the table and kibbles in the bowl. It's the unexpected expenses that make you crazy ;-)

Jeanette - You are going through some major emotional stress, but binging won't help - makes you feel worse about yourself and out of control. My BF was right the other day after the horrid vet and pet fiasco - work out first before you make any decisions (like for me I wanted THREE beers). And it did work. I did feel better after and made better choices. Stick with it sweetie - we've all been there (and still go there). Just get back up, dust yourself off and we're here to help you get going again! YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT!

mtiger - I think you're right - if you don't get enough calories to stay in balance I've heard your body starts to slow the metabolism. Thinks it's starving. Moderation in everything will win the long run. But I would think your body would tell you what it needs? If everything is in balance?

It is so hard to lose a pet. I lost my best friend (a dog who'd been with me for 13 years) a few years back - felt like someone yanked my liver out. I really think it's just been recently I finally finished grieving. Freyja is probably pleased about that <grin>

Hopefully Salem will be around a long time - just have to get the right diagnosis and the right treatment.

EZ - Rooting for you on the beers! I like wine - but I do find beer devastatingly addictive. BUT YOU CAN DO IT!!! YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU SET YOUR MIND TO (and ain't that the tricky part ;-)
Old 05-13-2009, 10:21 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

Mtiger-balance!! You're doing well.

Jeannette-So sorry to hear about you quitting your job but hope you're at peace/ happy with that decision. In your past posts you have sounded very busy and at times overwhelmed.. HUGS..

Bobble-So sorry to hear about your poor baby..

Dutchgirl-Take care of yourself..

EZMONEY-glad to hear about your puppies doing well although $450 dollars would be ouchies too.. thank you for asking about the mono and how it goes..

As for me the mono is a constant reminder that it is still there some days. I just conserve my energy when I need to and make sure I get at least 8 hours of sleep a night and I'm OK, tired but OK. On the days I do feel up to it I do try to walk around more at my job like volunteering to run paperwork across the building or etc.. My husband has been wonderful in ensuring the kitchen is clean when I get home so I can cook things and cleaning up after me cooking and really pitching in around the house almost to where I've felt guilty at times. This week hasn't been so good eating wise. TOM has hit me with a vengenance these past two days especially Monday. I'm embarassed to say it but I had 5 donuts at work throughout the day before I realized how many I had in addition to my regular breakfast that I had eaten at home before going to work. Money stress was getting to me on Monday as well since we've been owed a lot of money by various people and companies. But it's been a lot better since Monday due to us finally starting to get our money back that's owed to us. Plus we've had some friends drama-we've had people asking to borrow money from us which we said no that we didn't have it either. But once I realized I was eating emotionally from stress I started curbing it. Before I would have gained 5 pounds or more before analyzing why I was eating and etc.. I've noticed I sit down almost everyday now and think about what I've had to eat or what I'm going to eat which is progress for me instead of just mindlessly going about my day. Anyways have a great night!

Last edited by blondebritbrat17; 05-13-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:27 AM   #296  
Gaining Attitude

Blonde!!!! Donuts are not a lifestyle GRIN!!!!! But I daresay with the mono some days making better choices must be defeating. BIG HUG!!!! I've never had it but have had friends that have and it is miserable. Have you looked to see if there are any alternative/holistic recommendations you can try to incorporate? I'm not a big one for "miracle supplements" but I've seem some amazing results with very simple things like herbal treatments. Just thinking out loud! I hope you don't have to struggle with this much longer. You keep hanging in there!

EZ / Gary - How did Angie's yogurt turn out? Did she use the crockpot method? Thinking of trying that this weekend....

Happy Thursday ALL! May you all keep to your goals!

I was tired after my first morning doing breathing exercises and they made me dizzy - but then when I headed out the door for my morning walk - ZOOM - for an hour my body stayed three feet in front of my brain (which remained tired for most of the time still!) LOL! So because of the results I have continued to get up and do them. No more dizziness and much more energetic. I even contribute not having a complete meltdown the other day to doing them. (It's basically learning to breathe deep and using all of your lungs not just the top third) Not sure I can say I see a difference yet in congestion or my asthmatic symptoms, but I am enjoying the extra time to myself in the morning...so any excuse.

Mandy - how are you doing - I hope BETTER!!!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #297  
Doing it.

Today I feel sick. My head is poundy and my belly hurts and I know it's from the garbage that's in my body. Drinking water.

Thanks for all the thoughts, guys. Brought Pierogis for snack/lunch, but I don't think it will be enough. I may run to the store and get a salad later.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:55 PM   #298  

Hey team

How's everyone?

Jeanette - sweetie, you need to take care of you, and binging is not the way to do that. But you know that. So stop now. Go for a walk. Call a friend. Ask for a hug. Come to us. But don't hurt yourself. You deserve better from you.

Bobble - what are these breathing exercises you are doing? They sound good!

Blonde - Sounds like you're handling things really well. Keep it going, but lay off them donuts, girlfriend!

Mtiger - How is the increase in calories working?

Mandy - How are the ankle and the wrist doing?

Gary - What's the beer count?

I am starting to feel just a bit better than I have - a good night sleep helps a lot, good clean food does as well. Back to the running tomorrow morning!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #299  
Doing it.

Thanks dutch. Recovering bulimic since age 11, still a binger. Blah. It's been a really crazy few weeks and it's wearing me out. SO glad I put in my notice for crap job number two.

I stayed away from fast food today. I ate normal portions...kind of.

I had a crumpet with margarine at 730am, 2 pierogis at 1030, couldn't take a lunch so I had a bowl sized portion of pasta with marinara and 3 pieces of garlic bread at 6. Tonight when I work out I'll have a Fiber One bar and water. I'm not hungry! It's so crazy!
Old 05-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #300  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

I had 3 slices of pizza (660) and 2 breadsticks (150) so that bumped me up to 1500 for the day. A little more than I intended, but okay. I was down a little today. We'll see if that keeps working.

I LOVE BL!!! And I want to be TARA. I've got her work ethic, drive and motivation. Just need to do the right stuff. If only I could have Jillian for an hour.

Gary- I have 4 dogs. Dreading that vet visit.

Bobble - I hate to even think about that coming for my dogs. However, they are getting older. I will need leave from work when the time comes.

Brit- hope you get to feeling better. Kick that mono to the curb, once and for all.
Closed Thread