Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #106  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

I am so proud of you SUPER J!

I better get another 5K up and running!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #107  
Doing it.

S/C/G: 208/see ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Thanks, EZ! I'm like...super excited but also kinda scared that I'll still be S L O W by the end of the year...I want to do a 5K in a half hour...That means shaving off 18 minutes off my best time of 48 minutes. I can do it! *spins in chair*
Old 04-29-2009, 07:49 PM   #108  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Kiddo....stop worrying about the "time'....just keep doing them! If I was concerned so much about the time it took me to do a 5K I probably would have stopped long ago. I think the fastest I ever did one was around 28 minutes...that was training hard and about 5 years into my "no smoking zone"...but there is no way I could do that now and yet I think I am in better shape!

Sometimes we worry too much about the pounds on the scale and the minutes on the clock that we fail to...

realize we are making changes....changes that will last us our lifetime...sweetie...it ain't about the minutes! It's about doing the work so that 10+ years from now you are still doing 5K's with that kiddo running with you!....hugs
Old 04-29-2009, 07:55 PM   #109  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Gary- Your baloney has taken off like wildfire. What are you putting in that stuff??? I am doing a Gizzard fest 5k on June 13. My birthday, and flag day are the 14th. Whatcha think?? A flag day race??? Mindy's birthday race????

Bobble- I had been gaining so much weight during ovulation time, I thought trying the cream might ease that a bit. The first month I only gained 2 pounds. This is my second month and I gained 5, again. I have since taken it off, getting ready for TOM now. This is crazy.

Willow- Have fun. Try to eat as best as you can.

Brit- We already had one HI teacher cut to 1/2 time. She may get bumped from our building completely next year. We just don't have the HI kids we used to. Our Gen. Ed population is growing so I don't know what they are thinking. Oh yeah, they aren't thinking.

SuperJ- It 's a great feeling, isn't it? I remember when I went my first mile. Unbelievable feeling. This year I actually ran a whole 5k. It was awesome. You can do it.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:55 PM   #110  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Awesome MINDY...but I think we will do a MOTHER and FATHER'S DAY 5K....so if you want a "special" one...all about you...up the ante...wink
Old 04-29-2009, 09:08 PM   #111  
Doing it.

Thanks you guys!!! Off to the gym!
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Jeannette, I will bow to you! I remember feeling like you are expressing the first time I ran 5 minutes without stopping... isn't it amazing? =)

Gary, I love your words of wisdom about focusing on the changes instead of the scale or our speed! It's funny because I've said basically the same thing to my mom about HER weight. She's been going to the gym and walking a couple days a week and has been discouraged about her very minimal weight loss (I hear it has something to do with life after menopause... that evil "M" word, but I hope I've got lots of years before I find out!). But somehow I still let the scale or my slow "running" (jogging) discourage me sometimes.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:00 PM   #113  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Iris...that scale can be the biggest enemy!

Eat right...move forward...as best you can....every day...and add to each day a little bit more....

if you miss a day...no big deal in the big picture...get back on that truck that is going forward...forward in 5K's...in better habits...better attitudes....better knowledge....better gym work....forward....
Old 04-29-2009, 10:16 PM   #114  
Doing it.

Thanks, guys! I did 30 minutes tonight because I was running late. I could only run in short spurts four times tonight. I guess I should have rested today. Oh well. I walked and ran and I ran for two minutes at 5.1. The longest I ever ran was 1 or 2 minutes at 6.1 about a month ago.

Tomorrow I'll try to get up at 5am b/c they are playing the dumbest movie ever for the dumbest books ever written (Twilight) but oddly enough, I think working out while watching it will be enjoyable! (Sorry, Twilight fans!)

In any case, just gonna go out there tomorrow just wanting to do well, and not worrying about how long I can run for, as long as I run and do my best!
Old 04-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #115  
Gaining Attitude

S/C/G: 205 / 193 / 145

Height: 5'5

Jeannette - way to go gurl! I went to the exercise room yesterday for the first time. I literally could only do the stairstepper for 3 minutes and had to stop and rest at the top of each minute! So my first goal is just to that darn thing for three minutes without stopping. You like running, then? I was thinking of adding it in a few months from now when I lost some more weight, so this will inspire me! Not sure if I'll like it or not...Keep posting?! 8 minutes. Unfathomable! You rock!

Old 04-30-2009, 12:30 AM   #116  
Gaining Attitude

mtiger - what is TOM? Hope that's not a dumb question....
OH Time Of Month - DUH. I'm a little slow. Switched to decaf today...LOL

Man, you do get hit hard with the weight gain. Egck! 5 pounds is a lot. You have my profound sympathies. I don't know what I used to gain before the cream as I didn't have a scale (much less have the courage to get on one) but it felt like a lot. So did I just gain a lb or two and feel lousy? Who knows...but I'm not stopping to find out, now. GRIN

Last edited by bobblefrog; 04-30-2009 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

ack! DECAF!!! such a scary thought for me!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 AM   #118  
Gaining Attitude

LOL - my BF too - he gets terrible headaches. He tried to give it up once and understand he thought he was going to die. I've had it all my life I guess, but I'm a morning person, so don't really need it - just like it. Like it a lot. But lately while I feel great after my morning walk, after two cups of coffee I feel terrible! So I got an organic instant decaf - had two cups today - it was just like being back at my Oma's when I was little and having Sanka! ROFLOL. Very nostalgic.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:44 AM   #119  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZMONEY View Post
Kiddo....stop worrying about the "time'....just keep doing them! If I was concerned so much about the time it took me to do a 5K I probably would have stopped long ago. I think the fastest I ever did one was around 28 minutes...that was training hard and about 5 years into my "no smoking zone"...but there is no way I could do that now and yet I think I am in better shape!

Sometimes we worry too much about the pounds on the scale and the minutes on the clock that we fail to...

realize we are making changes....changes that will last us our lifetime...sweetie...it ain't about the minutes! It's about doing the work so that 10+ years from now you are still doing 5K's with that kiddo running with you!....hugs
Thanks coach, those are wise words. It is very easy and very tempting to get hung up on numbers. And when the numbers aren't what you want/expect them to be it is so easy to either beat up on yourself badly or just quit (again).
Not going to quit for anything this time. This is for life, not just until...

That having been said, It's Queen's Day in the Netherlands today, and that means that the country in general and Amsterdam in particular turns into one giant party. I am going out and having a load of fun today and I doubt I will be able to stay on plan - there will be nothing healthy to be found among the foods on offer. Oh well, I will do the best I can.

Super J., you are doing great! Keep it up kiddo!

Mandy: HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Have a great day!
Old 04-30-2009, 07:08 AM   #120  
Doing it.

Thanks bobble and dutch!

So this morning my alarm went off at 445am and I fell back asleep. Cella woke me up three times last night b/c although she's almost 10, she's still afraid to go potty at night by herself.

And I am so sore. Ow. I'll have to work out after the meeting at Cella's school tonight.
Closed Thread