Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #46  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

S/C/G: 201/186/180

Height: 6'

Well those hot dogs and chips kicked in...all that salt!

Up one ound to 182...need to hit it hard today

off to work ~ have a great day TEAM!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:08 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Well i got my exercise in today. I decided that my son and I would walk to the Library, its about 2.5 miles(he road his bike) Well I get there, go to the front desk to see about getting a card, open my purse to get my ID and its missing, along with my bank card. My only thought is they are laying somewhere along my walking path, we turn around and had back home, nothing. I got on my bike, rode the path again, still nothing. My husband and I are going back out to look again. Please pray I find them.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by willow650 View Post
Well i got my exercise in today. I decided that my son and I would walk to the Library, its about 2.5 miles(he road his bike) Well I get there, go to the front desk to see about getting a card, open my purse to get my ID and its missing, along with my bank card. My only thought is they are laying somewhere along my walking path, we turn around and had back home, nothing. I got on my bike, rode the path again, still nothing. My husband and I are going back out to look again. Please pray I find them.
The cards have been found, my husband spotted them! Bank card was in the middle of the road and ID was off to the side, thankfully we didn't have to walk far, i am exhausted. I am thanking the Lord profusely he answered the prayers
Old 04-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #49  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Whew! MANDY...all is well and you got in some extra steps!!

I took the mutts out for 3 miles after a 5 hour day at work....no snacking yet and Angie is making chicken and veggies for dinner so I shoud be ok...unless...unless I can't keep my hand out of the beer fridge!
Old 04-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #50  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

well all is going good this week so far. i took a sneak peek at the scale this morning and i am down 1.2 pounds from monday but there are still 3 more days to go until i officially WI for the week. i still need to get back into exercising i am still really struggling with that one for some reason. but i am still working on it. it has helped since i found ways to change it up a bit. tell me if this sounds corny to you--- i am thinking of getting up early before work and insteadi of running out side i am thinking of running in place for for about 30 min. what do you think. i am not sure about it because i think i might get bored with it. but then again i will never know unless i give it a try now will i?
Old 04-23-2009, 08:41 PM   #51  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Gary- Baked Lays with the hot dogs??? I love baked Lay's, BQ, Cheese, plain, I don't care. Tomorrow I am treating my class to pizza. YIKES!!! 2 slices, 2 slices you hear me???

I am down a little more from my 5 pounder. YAY!!! Must keep going in that direction.

Sounds like people are on plan and hitting it hard. Gary???

Mandy- glad you found your stuff.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #52  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

Are you trying to say I need to pay attention to the efforts of our TEAM MINDY?

And not my own bad habits?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

I am having no trouble with the exercise. In fact I am very excited about how much more stamina I have and how good I feel. I do 3 miles on the treadmill and then 20 min on the elyptical plus weights 5 days a week and every day walk the dog a mile and half around a nearby park. I want to run one day! I tried to job a little but it feels like uncomfortable for now. Maybe 10 more pounds? Eating is good except for the late night siren call that I have to fight all the time. (sigh) One day at a time....
Old 04-23-2009, 11:46 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 275/245/140

Height: 63inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
I am having no trouble with the exercise. In fact I am very excited about how much more stamina I have and how good I feel. I do 3 miles on the treadmill and then 20 min on the elyptical plus weights 5 days a week and every day walk the dog a mile and half around a nearby park. I want to run one day! I tried to job a little but it feels like uncomfortable for now. Maybe 10 more pounds? Eating is good except for the late night siren call that I have to fight all the time. (sigh) One day at a time....
tried to JOG not job (oops)!
Old 04-24-2009, 03:51 AM   #55  

I started week 3 of my C25K and it actually felt quite good!
Having still many (very many) lbs to lose I don't necessarily look good out there, but hey, I'm working on it.
Sneaked a peek on the scales (but not officially weighing in) I may actually have lost a couple of pounds this week. I hope so. I have been very good and on plan all week, even when I went out to dinner yesterday with the family. Must keep it up. Must also increase my exercise time.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:41 AM   #56  
I'M A YOGA WIDOWER!

BUTTERCUP when your body is ready to run...it will run! The most important thing now is to keep moving forward at a pace that you can continue and grow on. Sometimes doing too much when your not ready can be harmful....shin splints...knees....you'll get there! Great job/jog!

DUTCHGIRL ~I hope you lost a few pounds but the GREAT!!! Thing is you are in week 3 of C25K!! Awesome...keep moving forward!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:31 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 170/143/125

Height: 5'4"

Wow, great job to everyone on the exercise front! My food has been all right but I haven't hit the gym since monday. I like to trick myself into thinking that when I take the stairs to the third floor, it counts for the day! =)
Old 04-24-2009, 01:45 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi! I've been reading the forum for a few weeks and just registered today. I'd sure like to join this group, if that's okay? The last magic pill thread was so motivating... honestly, it helped me lose the 5 pounds I lost before I registered! Thanks! Do you need any information from me, other than that I definitely want to lose 5 pounds of baloney?
Old 04-24-2009, 02:07 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmZee View Post
Do you need any information from me, other than that I definitely want to lose 5 pounds of baloney?
Anyone full of baloney is welcome here
But feel free to share anything about yourself that you want to bring to the table.
I have found this forum very helpful. And this thread is a lot of fun. We are all serious about losing weight, but appreciate a light-hearted approach to things.
So bring your sense of humour and go as nuts as the rest here
Old 04-24-2009, 03:08 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 225/215/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks, Dutchgirl. I can sense everyone's determination and seriousness here, along with a lot of humor and camaraderie. It feels like a commitment to join this group, so I hope to be of support as I look for some.

Until 4 years ago (weight at 145 after my son was born in 02), when my DH (Jim) and I quit smoking, followed by about 3 years of menopause, I knew what to do to lose weight when I started gaining.

After those things, weight just started appearing in places it never had before: belly, boobs, back. By the time I checked a scale, I was well over 200 pounds and was just amazed that I'd gained that much, that fast! And, the things I used to do made no difference: cutting portions, cutting out sugar (I'm not much of a sweets eater though), getting some exercise (swimming or walking). We joined a gym and I almost broke 200, but then Jim broke his ankle and in the 6 months of recovery, there was no time to go to the gym and little by little, I was back to 225.

Well, now I have to get serious and make some real changes. I've incorporated exercise just about every day for the past few months. Two weeks ago, I faced my milk allergy (LOVE cheese!!!) and have cut out all milk products. This has been surprisingly easy because I feel better for it and because of soy and rice options for that cheesy flavor. I've cut beef and pork out, except for once I week when Jim grills.

Thanks! And, I love your sig (er Zig) line! So true. That's exactly why I asked to join this group.
Closed Thread