Old 03-16-2010, 01:42 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 230/230/160

Height: 5'7

I just started ETL today! I am really excited to get in shape and on the program.
sarahheartmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:13 AM   #32  
WW Moderator

Remee, can you post your complete food logs?
Jennifer 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 08:59 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 144/122.5/117

Height: 5'1"

Hi Jennifer, Here's an idea of what I may eat..
Half a cup of steamed broccoli, a salad that had
lettuce, some onion and carrot shreds. I used a light store bought dressing
that has 2grms of fat per serving and 50 calories.
One cup of brown rice total for the whole day mixed with lentils, an orange
and a banana. Oh, and another big salad that had tomatoes and cucumber. With the
salad I had used a store bought fat free dressing and 40cal per serving.

I have a feeling Im eating too much beans.
For beans, I usually eat a whole can but there have been days when I've opened a second can even and ate half of the second one as well as the whole first can.

Other days I may eat a whole bag of steamed green beans, an orange, oatmeal, (if I'm not eating rice that day) an apple and then a big salad with beans and salsa and sometimes I can eat another salad for a dinner if I had my first a bit early.
remee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:28 AM   #34  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

hmm well it seems like you may be eating enough veggies but your first example doesn't show enough cooked veggies. Also, I'd add some more stuff to your salads possibly.

Basically you should be eating cooked veggies, raw veggies and beans primary. Fruit secondary and then less grains. A cup of brown rice on the first part of ETL sounds like a lot.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 12:34 AM   #35  
WW Moderator

Remee, you might want to count your calories for a day or two and see what number that comes up to. I looked on a can of beans in my cabinet just now, it came to 390 calories. So maybe a can to a can and a half, plus rice etc might be pushing your calories up to maintenance level for you. ETL advocates salad for the main dish, with grains as a side dish.

Are you eating enough for breakfast? I saw an orange and banana. If you can pull in more fruit for breakfast, that might help you last longer until lunch so you won't be so hungry. I usually had the same breakfast every morning - one orange, one banana, 2 cups of strawberries, a handful of baby spinach and a chopped date.

Here are some really good salad recipes
that are as far as I know, all ETL approved.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:26 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 239/220/169

Height: 5' 9"

Default My ETL blog!

Hi guys,

How's everyone doing on ETL? I posted on this thread a long time ago, then fell off the wagon HARD. I'm back on the wagon and just started blogging about my experiences with Eat to Live. So far so good!

If you're interested in reading about it (and keeping me accountable), feel free to check it out at caitlineats [dot] wordpress [dot] com

I'm off to Trader Joe's, hoping to find something ETL-friendly to make for dinner. it's hard when I'm this starving after work!
bossfan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:46 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 144/122.5/117

Thanks for the input on my foods.

I haven't been back recently in here because I had realized I was just messing up and messing up more often than anything. I think with no weightloss, it was making me mess up more as well.

So I've been doing something different to kind of get my mind ready if I want to try again.
I think I need to re-read my ETL book and do more reading to figure out what I need to do in the future. I think I'll re-read the China study as well.

FOr now I'm almost 100% raw.. I still seem to have to keep my store bought salad dressings, be them fat free or low fat. But other than the salad dressing, everything is raw and I think I will stay this way for a while. I'm thinking it's a good and healthy way to get my mind and body clear and ready to stay strong for the rest of my life.

Thanks again for the food input and I will definately keep on reading here!
remee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #38  
rea

S/C/G: 237.5.5/171/150

Height: 5'8"

I have been eating well and posting here at 3FC for one week. I made a committment to Eat to Live a couple of days ago. This week I lost 4 pounds. Yesterday was horrible though, withdrawal symptoms and exhaustion. I hope that gets better. I am glad to see others here that are doing this along with me.

Rea
rea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Just found this thread again after doing a search . I'm not sure if there are any takers for E2L or Eat for Health (Dr. Furhman's new book/plan, which is similar to E2L but a bit more liberal) but I'm considering starting again on E2L. Like the OP of this thread, I have been doing McDougall for a few weeks but also keep backsliding to SAD food, especially junk food. I think the whole "no added fat" thing is just not for me. I like Dr. F emphasis on nutrient dense foods and not cutting out all fats entirely and focusing on beans and fruit rather than whole grains.

Tam
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 08:32 PM   #40  
WW Moderator

I am loosely following it. I eat more oil and nuts than he calls for, and a little less vegetables. I'm working on it, though! I know I'll feel better when I get there. I have been doing it for about 5 weeks now. I also just got some great bloodwork back!
Old 07-19-2010, 11:01 PM   #41  
Under His mercy

Height: 5'9"

I, too, have been loosely following it for a little over a year. I eat a big bowl of cut up fresh fruit for breakfast - peaches, grapes, blueberries, and strawberries, a veggie burger on a thin bun and steamed broccoli for lunch, and dinner is usually a huge field greens salad with pinto, kidney or garbanzo beans. Sometimes, I'll have cooked beans over quinoa. In the first six months I lost 30 lbs. but at the end of last year, during the holidays, I slacked off and gained at least 10 lbs back. I'm doing better now and really want to lose more weight.

The main reason I went to this way of eating was to lower my cholesterol and blood sugar. I do not want to take meds the rest of my life.
sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:42 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

I see the thread started last year, but I started E2L today.

Breakfast:
Oatmeal
1/2 sliced apple

AM Snack:
2 c steamed patty pan squash (oops! should have been 1 cup)

Lunch:
1 huge peeled, seeded, roasted zucchini
1 gardein chick'n scallopini (I hope these are OK)

PM Snack:
1 svg Flax and Millet Crisps (um, not quite flax seed oil)

Dinner:
?

I think I would have fared better so far today had I planned meals in advance. I just woke up this morning determined to drops some pounds, so I went with what was in the house!

I'm off to the co-op for a cart full of fruits and veggies

How is everyone else doing?

Last edited by Lafayette; 09-13-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:03 PM   #43  
CanadianVeggie

S/C/G: 207.7/207.7/150

I have heard and read a little about the ETL program and would be interested to see how it works out for you.
L R K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #44  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

I consider ETL to be 'beans and greens' with fruit mixed in. I know you are going grocery shopping but where are your beans? Where are your raw veggies?

Here is the basics:
http://fatfreevegan.com/blog/2010/01...e-6-week-plan/

Seitan (which is where I'd put Gardein) isn't listed on the Unlimited or Limited list so I think it would be one of those 'rare' or 'off limits' items.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:29 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 156/154/135

Nelie, thanks for the "beans and greens" comment!!!

I actually forgot beans are unlimited. I'll make up for it tomorrow

For fresh veggies, I made a huge salad for dinner that was out of this world!

Dessert was a large bowl of green grapes (easily two servings) and a d'anjou pear.

Last edited by Lafayette; 09-13-2010 at 09:36 PM.
Lafayette is offline   Reply With Quote