Old 02-08-2008, 12:10 PM   #16  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I agree that Eat to Live is an awesome program and I know the book talks about true hunger but...

My morning smoothie which keeps me full for about an hour has about 100 calories in it. My lunch and dinner salads with beans are about 200 calories and they fill me up. So if I followed 3 meals per day, I'd be eating 500 calories per day. So I need my snacks

I also don't think you need to join the website to follow eat to live but if it helps you that is good for you. I just thought it was a bit expensive but the cost of the program (foods) is well worth the price.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 02:12 PM   #17  

Hey Nelie,

Yes - I love being a member because I need the support that's for sure. No man (or woman) is an island And the thing I really love is that everyone is like-minded - like we're all pushing in the same direction.....works for me and I've dumped 4 pounds already and feel really energized !!!! That's my own little science project - if it works on me then it works!!!

Ray xo
Ray of Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 07:02 AM   #18  

Height: 5ft6"

I have just read Eat to Live and I absolutely loved it. Today is my first day starting the program and so far everything is going good. I went to the grocery store and stocked up on sooo many fruits and vegs! I have wanted to become a vegetarian for a long time mainly for health reasons so I am happy that I am actually doing it. I really love the philosophy of not restricting the amount of fruits and vegetables of this plan... other plans that leave me hungry all the time just make me binge. I learned so much reading the book and I have already recommended it to some of my friends!
mesilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 10:01 AM   #19  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Ray,

Eat to Live certainly works. I lost 30 lbs following it.

Mesilla,

That is great news!
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #20  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesilla View Post
I have just read Eat to Live and I absolutely loved it. Today is my first day starting the program and so far everything is going good. I went to the grocery store and stocked up on sooo many fruits and vegs! I have wanted to become a vegetarian for a long time mainly for health reasons so I am happy that I am actually doing it. I really love the philosophy of not restricting the amount of fruits and vegetables of this plan... other plans that leave me hungry all the time just make me binge. I learned so much reading the book and I have already recommended it to some of my friends!
Hey, you stole my post

I read E2L over the weekend will at my dad's and I am on the plan as of 8 p.m. last night. It totally changed my mindset into how I viewed vegan eating and the plan in general. I'm so excited to get started and read all I can! My dad (a vegetarian and a wonderful chef, who has been a Fuhrman supporter for longer than I realized) also gave me some recipes and cooking tips so that I don't fall into a rut.

Also, I couldn't help but notice that while I don't eat a whole lot of dairy, I found it really interesting how much was truly missing from my grocery cart when I bought none of it at all.

Last edited by junebug41; 02-12-2008 at 11:25 AM.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:04 AM   #21  

I have now started my 2nd week of E2L and joined their website as well. Very very friendly people too!!

I feel good.

Junebug - that is superb your Dad follows Dr. F and is helping - support is so valuable and important!

Mesilla - I actually am starting to think that I will be saving money on E2L - 'cause there is no cheese or meat or junk........

Ray
Old 02-12-2008, 01:39 PM   #22  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I have the book and plan on reading well on vacation next week. Looking forward to reading it. Would have started it sooner but it would have taken a long time to get through at home. Between working, gym time, and doing all the household things I don't get much extra time. Vacation will be the perfect time to read it, I can probably finish it in a few days instead of a few months.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 01:41 PM   #23  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switzie6 View Post
I have the book and plan on reading well on vacation next week. Looking forward to reading it. Would have started it sooner but it would have taken a long time to get through at home. Between working, gym time, and doing all the household things I don't get much extra time. Vacation will be the perfect time to read it, I can probably finish it in a few days instead of a few months.
I also had to "get away" to read it. It only took a couple of uninterrupted hours
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 05:23 PM   #24  

Junebug,

Would you mind sharing some of the tips/recipes that your dad gave you?

Thanks!
Kelli
kellij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 05:40 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

I have the book and it made me look at food in a different way for good. It involves a lot of veg and especially kale... I am thinking of going on it again soon.
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 01:06 PM   #26  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

I read E2L last week while on vacation. I really liked it and agree with what he says. This weekend I'm going to go to the grocery store and stock up on good foods so I can start the program. I'm hoping that it will help lower my anxiety, lower my cholesterol, and bring my iron levels and energy up.
How is everyone who recently started it doing? I'm really looking forward to starting.

Last edited by Switzie6; 02-29-2008 at 02:25 PM.
Switzie6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 10:18 AM   #27  

I started E2L a few weeks ago but fell majorly off-track while i was on vacation... so i officially restarted yesterday. this time im determined to stick with it! i really love the concept of E2L and i havent ate meat or drank coffee in a month.. and i dont miss them a bit. i do find it challenging sometimes because i live in residence at university, and although i do have access to a kitchen, my fridge space is ridiculously small and its kind of a pain having to walk to the grocery store all the time. also there are a lot of canteens around that are so so cheap so buying groceries turns out to be a lot more expensive for me. but thats ok because i love cooking so i just need to be creative and make use of the kitchen space i do have. I really am feeling good about this plan and I know its something I can live with.

Its also amazing what harsh criticism people give you when you tell them you are eating vegan... people get so defensive about meat and dairy! Its almost like you need to give a speech defending your decision!

I'm also eager to hear about everyone else's progress. Good luck everyone!
Old 03-05-2008, 02:54 PM   #28  

For those who are members of the website - can you tell me if there are any nursing mothers on there? I followed E2L before I became pregnant, now I am nursing my 7 week old daughter and I'm having trouble getting the balance just right for me.

I really enjoyed E2L before pregnancy - I lost 20 pounds, and my cholesterol was 138!
meganbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2008, 04:20 PM   #29  

Meganbee........E2L has changed my life.

I just popped in here for fun, but strictly post on the E2L forum. The support is absolutely life altering and you can ask the Doctor (Joel Furhman) any question you want.

The members are incredibly friendly and you get a huge response to what you post.......it is all based in fact......and they are serious about what they do. When I posted on another site here it was anything but going for the goal!!!

Ray
Old 03-31-2008, 01:50 PM   #30  

How are all the Eat2Live'ers doing?!! I am still following and loving E2L and although I am not following the plan 100% of the time (i am studying abroad and sometimes parties and the difficulty of finding raw veggies makes it tough) I have made TONS of changes to my lifestyle and diet that I have been incorporating for the last 2 months. I am not sure exactly how much I have lost as I dont really have access to a scale right now... but I am ok with not weighing myself as it often makes me anxious and stress about my weight as I have a history of ED's. I hardly ever binge anymore and I find I am actually full all the time from all the veggies!

I literally have only fridgespace the size of a shoe-box in my dorm but I am getting good at creating super healthy meals. I love how "clean" I feel and no longer have an upset stomach from eating lots of grains/dairy/meat. For me eat to live finally told me that I don't have to eat grains, dairy, meat and I can get my nutrition from entirely plant products... and not only is that acceptable and OK... but its so much healthier! I have also successfully quit coffee which I never thought I could do. I still drink black tea so I guess there is still caffine in that but I don't drink it every day and its a significant improvement!

Now I am trying to further fine-tune my diet and to start incorporating a lot more exercise... especially swimming and running.

I would love to hear from others... how you are doing and new recipies and ideas that have been working for you. Also are you taking any vitamins and supplements (ie. calcium, B12) or do you find you can get all your vitamins and minerals from your diet?

Cheers!