UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:39 AM   #346  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Its very quiet around here - is everyone out in the fresh air - or still in bed?

Another 2lbs gone this week - I must be due a plateau soon. I never go this long without getting stuck! I finally weigh less than I did when I started the 'Hello, I'm...........' thread stuck at the top of the UKFC forum page.

I had a long walk with the dogs today. Ohhh I got angry. Being a sunny day and all there were quite a few people wandering around and in particular there was a man with two little lads age about 6 (they looked like twins). The first time I went past them they were very nervous of my dogs. The next time we met them my dogs were a long distance ahead of me and their idiot father insisted that the boys stroke them even though the little boys were crying because they were so scared. How daft is that? He has never met me or my dogs before - they might be labs but no dog is 100% reliable.
Sarah Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #347  

I got up early and went to It was really good, but hard today. We did a "gastric series" that is meant to massage your internal organs, and boy was it hard. She's such a good teacher, but she doesn't let us slack off!!!

We've been out for lunch and now I'm deciding whether to go to the gym for some cardio or whether to go to sleep..............

I was bad yesterday. I overate at work, and felt so tired when I came home, I went straight to bed without any dinner. Silly me.
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:20 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

Would the person that secretly fertilised my lawn over weeks please stand up? you are a and a !!!!!!!

Its just taken me nearly 2 hours to mow it! arghhhhhhhh foot long grass is no joke! but I did it
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #349  
Paint The World P!nk

S/C/G: 323.5/262/140

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo :)
Would the person that secretly fertilised my lawn over weeks please stand up? you are a and a !!!!!!!

Its just taken me nearly 2 hours to mow it! arghhhhhhhh foot long grass is no joke! but I did it
But think of all those calories you burnt off in the process!
Homersmummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 04:39 PM   #350  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I'm SURE I posted this morning...

I made it through the day without a binge!

I'm off to bed now though, and then an early-ish start to go watch the Marathon.
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 02:20 AM   #351  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

We won a game!!! Afterwards I had a little celebratory wine, but got to the stage where I didn't want any more and went to bed despite having a half full glass. That's major progress, wasting perfectly good wine

Probably going out for lunch today, and no running, but I'm pretty relaxed this weekend, I've got a lot of running to come and this will probably be one o my last real breaks before september so I'm just going to watch the marathon on tv and get excited/scared!!!
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:58 AM   #352  
aka Superwoman!

We went to see the marathon! We saw some of the elite runners and some of the wheelchair racers, quite exciting really!

Then we plodded round the shops for a bit, I'm feeling a bit tired and under the weather today. I got a new sports bra and another top that was reduced in Debby's.

Back home for a nap now, I'm doing ok with my eating, no chocolate so far and no eating out, so all in all a good day!
Old 04-23-2006, 11:10 AM   #353  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

I'm a bit off this afternoon. My grandparents wanted to go out for a meal with us, so I suggested somewhere perfectly nice we'd been before and they said they enjoyed, but they didn't like it. So I suggested an alternative pub that I've had nice meals in before. So we got there and they've changed the menu and every vegetarian meal on the menu has mushrooms in it. The one vegetable I absolutely detest. And because my grandfather's in a wheelchair and has trouble getting in and out of the car we couldn't go anywhere else.

So I ended up picking the chicken out of a curry and looking, once more, like a really picky eater when I was intending to show off the range of new things I like to eat by eating an asparagus and tomato roulade that sounded really nice.

I've come back and had a hummous, rocket and chargrilled veg sandwich, but I was really looking forward to that roulade.

I'm quickly coming to the conclusion that the food I cook is actually far nicer than the food available in most pubs and restaurants round here, and wondering why I see going out for a meal as a "treat".
YP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:36 PM   #354  
aka Superwoman!

Poor YP, I had a similar experience last night. I ordered salmon fishcakes (Ok we were in Weatherspoons... ) and I was really looking forward to them, but the tuna steak with boiled potatoes and string beans that I made myself tonight was in reality far nicer.
Old 04-23-2006, 04:28 PM   #355  

I got up early and went for a swim, then I came home and cleaned the bathroom and shampood the carpet (we have an inspection tomorrow - the worst thing about renting). We went out for lunch, came home and I had a nap, then got up and went to the gym. It's amazing how hard it is now to burn calories. I spent just over an hour, ran, did treadmill and the weird cardiowave thingy, and burnt 500 calories.........I used to be able to burn that in 40 minutes. And I am working harder, oh the weirdness of it all. I had a little cool down swim and steam room afterwards, ah bliss.

I'm working 10 - 6 tomorrow, and thought I'd hit the gym early for a change. Not sure whether to do weights or cardio yet. I think cardio and burn some calories nice and early, perhaps a run for an hour!
Old 04-23-2006, 04:51 PM   #356  

I wish I could go to the gym I'm twitchy my chest is still too bad though can't risk it.

I might try swimming tomorrow
impossible princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #357  

Be careful, and don't over do it, and make sure you take your inhaler to the pool side for the first couple of times (don't leave it in your locker, give it to the attendant to look after) It makes pool attendants nervous if you turn purple and they dont know how to get to your inhaler (been there done that!!!)

There are studies that say cardio is better in the afternoon/evening for asthmatics, so try that for the first times when you start exercising, but listen to your body.

I have 33 years of asthma experience, it's a pain isn't it? I think it's the fear factor which is the worst element, not knowing when you are likely to have an attack.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:16 PM   #358  

Yeah its driving me crazy. I slept on my side last night to try and breath better propped up on pillows and have somehow managed to pull every muscle in my body or so it feels, in my sleep.

I am having big problems with pollen atm.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:23 PM   #359  

Have you tried showering before bed? That helps me when its bad, the humidity of the shower, plus it washes any pollen off that's attached itself to you.

Have you got a dehumidifier in your room, or even just a bowl of water by the radiator, if the air is too dry, that will irritate your airways too.

Have you been taking antihistamines for the allergy? Have you got a follow up appointment with your gp to revise your asthma management plan?

Yes, I am bossy! And I do ask a lot of questions!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #360  

Yeah I've got a little bowl of water.

Yes to the shower question too

and I'm ringing up tomoz morning, i have to phone up on the day to get an appointment at my surgery. I saw a GP at another practice on fri. I've got another 3 days left of steroid tablets to take and am still upping my inhalers a bit.

I am currently taking flixonaise for the allergy, I find only nasal sprays work for me for hayfever. I normally take nasonex but haven't got my prescription for this year yet so will get that too from the docs hopefully.

It is driving me mad though I hate being inactive it killed me just going to the supermarket today and thats only a mile both ways. I had to sit on a wall for 20 mins. STUPID POLLEN