UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:29 AM   #121  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Oh we were at a conference yesterday. I ate too many biscuits I knew there was a reason I didn't buy biscuits...

But I did burn them off kickboxing, so that's ok!

I'm completely pooped today! Spent 4 1/2 hours on the bike yesterday and hardcore kickboxing and the lifts (both of them) are broken, so I had to walk up 9 flights of stairs when I got home! I feel sorry for the guy who lives on the 4th floor. He's in a wheelchair. Some other guy was moaning about the lifts being out of order, so I told him at least he wasn't in a wheelchair and that shut him up!

Back in the saddle today! I liked being naughty with my biscuits too.. Mmmmmm biscuits!
Old 10-19-2005, 02:16 PM   #122  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

S/C/G: 260/156/148-152

Height: 5 9

Kyk, I think I got the wrong idea when I raised my money for Cancer Research. Why did I run when I could have eaten pink cakes?????!!! That was really stupid...

Bought a new pair of jeans today from Tesco - £7 in the sale. Will do me nicely since I don't get to steal the pair we bought for my sister. There's a teeny bit of rollover, but they're a size 14 and I'm wearing them without collapsing from the tightness.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:28 AM   #123  
aka Superwoman!

Hooray for size 14s!

I've had a rubbish night! Some dude nearly knocked me off bike last night, which amounted in serious road rage on my part and banging on his window and screaming obscenities

Then I whacked the back of my hand on the bed when I got up for the loo in the middle of the night. I felt so faint and sick I had to wake Dom up to come and sit with me till I got better!

Then I've been to the dentist this morning for a massive filling! But I did go and see wallace and gromit last night which was GREAT! I would watch it forever and ever and ever and ever and ever if only I didn't have to go to work!

Phew! Now it's Thursday and crazy kickboxing class tonight! I'm going to have to get my caffine in! I'm well up for it though, I still have plenty of road rage to vent!
Old 10-20-2005, 07:25 AM   #124  

Poor 2frus but obscenities? Not very ladylike

Size 14
Old 10-20-2005, 07:30 AM   #125  
aka Superwoman!

Yeah if I was on Jerry Springer, you woulda heard nothing but beeps!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:49 PM   #126  

Hello everybody,

Just checking in because i would hate to be accused of lurking

I've decided no more weight loss challenges for me, I really admire you folks that can do it but for me it's a nightmare.A little switch gets flicked in my head and I start thinking DIET! DIET! DIET! and then I find myself standing on the scales everyday and because I haven't lost half a stone (even though I've been really really trying) I get depressed and then my brain goes FOOD! FOOD! FOOD! and then the BINGE before i know it I'm heavier than when I started
That's why I didn't stick Slimming World i'd go in and it would be 1/2 pound loss and some "I ate loads" woman would come in with an 8lbs loss
I really want this to be the last time I'm this heavy that's why I joined the gym (which I'm really getting into by the way. Thanks to all you guys that talked me into it) And the other big change is to stop weighing myself. I might do it once a month and then again I might not for the first time in my adult life I'm not interested in how fast I can get to MY ideal weight I'm just happy to plod along getting fitter as I go.

So for your next weight loss challenge I wish you all
but from now on it's the tortoise approach for me.

P.S Veggie, read your blog you make those Slimfast thingies sound quite tempting.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:14 PM   #127  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Spanish tonight, and the size 14 jeans went out in public without splitting or cutting me in half. Fantastic I always seem more dressed up than other people - a nice top rather than a baggy jumper or something, but I've not lost all this weight not to show it off!

I've been amazingly good this week - I'm trying a 2 week blitz between my mother going home and me going over there to get back on track a bit, and I've not gone off track once (yet). I'm still trying to decide whether a bit of weekend alcohol is allowed in the blitz plan though... Even more amazingly it's that time of the month and I've not even been tempted by anything naughty, I'm feeling too bloated to actually think about eating most of the time. Making the most of it!
Old 10-21-2005, 03:46 AM   #128  
aka Superwoman!

Hello laydees! (And lurking gents....)

Oh my! Kickboxing 120 roundhouse kicks. In a row. On each leg.

I'm surprised I can still walk!

Very rainy this morning. I had to wring my socks out when I got in! Hope everyone has a lovely day :
Old 10-21-2005, 11:44 AM   #129  

The rain the rain! There is a lot of rain. I do not know why that smilie is smiling it should be frowning.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:57 PM   #130  
YP1
Sub-4 marathon runner!

Lots of rain indeed. Had to take my car for its MOT and then walk from there into work. Too far in the rain!

I have absolutely nothing planned all weekend for the first time since about January, I think I'm going to have a good clearout of the wardrobe and see how much I have left that actually fits me.

Have been ultra good with eating all week so trying to decide whether to keep it going over the weekend or give myself a teensy little alcoholic treat tonight
Old 10-22-2005, 01:44 PM   #131  
aka Superwoman!

I've been bad all week, but good today!

Well I "popped" into London (as far as popping will take me...) to buy some jeans in GAP. What a surreal shopping experience. They say try the stretch jeans in a size smaller than your usual. So I tried 14s, and also picked some 12s. I took some low rise ones in in a 14 and some tops. The tops all looked huge, so just for a laugh I tried on XS! So in the changing room, I'm wearing an XS top that fits perfectly and size 14 "stretch" jeans that won't fasten! Of course neither did the 12s, but I got them nearly over my hips! Then the other pair of 14s fit perfectly and made me look ultra skinny, so of course I bought them! I'm very thrown by this!

Then I pottered into New Look and had a rummage in there. Came out with a huge black and white stripy jumper that is very "now" and will probably this season's equivalent of the gypsy skirt! Oh and I got some shiny patent red ballet pumps! They are SUCH FUN! Oh yeah and some leg warmers, to keep my legs warm while I'm on the bike. Nothing to do with fashion!

Then went to M&S to stock up on fruit and some cheese that I'd run out of and came home. By the time I came home for lunch it was 3pm!!!! So I bunged my count on us chips in the oven, wolfed the lot and fell asleep! I've just got up I thought the chip portion was big, I read ONLY 160 CALORIES but in tiny tiny writing (for half pack), so needless to say I ate them all!

So I am getting my butt in gear to tidy since Dom's parents are coming to stay tomorrow He's out doing his police thing, so I will be making him wash up in the morning!

Hope everyone's having a good weekend :
Old 10-22-2005, 03:56 PM   #132  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

An XS top and size 14 jeans?!?! - I'm envious!!

I wore my size 16 jeans today for the first time since I packed them despairingly in the bottom of my closet two years ago, and they fit really well with only the teensiest roll of displaced fat hanging over the top of them . I could even breathe, and bend over to tie my shoe laces! I wore a black sweatshirt with them which disguised the bulge beautifully (dontcha just love black sometimes!), and felt trim and gorgeous all day.

Janey
Old 10-22-2005, 04:46 PM   #133  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Everyone

Work has been mad we took $241,000.00 on opening day I don't know where people get their money from all I know is that they obviously have better jobs than me

@ Tango coloured people I saw a few streaky ones when I was there in June

Oooh Frus be careful on your bike I think you are very brave to gallavant around London in that traffic i've just got a Jello Fat Free Choc Pudd out of the fridge and they are 90cals, 0.3g fat and 15g of sugar..they must not sell sugar free ones in Canada but I always have lots of these in when i'm dieting

I'm going out shopping in a bit..need some comfy shoes if there is such a thing and I can find any and some black dress trousers I WISH that I could wear jeans for work but we're not allowed i've got lots of skirts but I don't like wearing tights and thats policy too no bare legs, backs, midriff its basically cover everything up but your arms and face

How is the Slimfast going Veggie? They've got a new protein one out over here..which one are you doing? or is it over now?

Last edited by cat90; 10-22-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:45 PM   #134  

It's not over...but I have had a cheese sandwich to go with my wine tonight (oh and last night) I like them but I'm a bit worried I will just have them as nice milkshakes between meals though
Old 10-23-2005, 06:36 PM   #135  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hmmmm must admit i've been guilty of having diet supplements i.e. shakes, protein bars etc as in between meal snacks I forget that they are meant to be used instead of the meal great work with the weightloss you did something right
Closed Thread