UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-13-2004, 07:18 PM   #31  

Quote:
Whats the Russian Ship all about Veg glad you had a nice day
I dunno was just there My Russian sailors pics didn't come out unfortunately

I wish I was 20 Dill
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 08:38 PM   #32  
Gym'll fix it!!

Bummer about the pics Veg

I did'nt dig i just drank beer
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:02 PM   #33  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

WOW Cathy,
I'd have never put you at fifty! you look awesome and SO much younger.
Veg, where's this Russian ship then? And Carol, hope you're feeling less fragile and Kirsty, good for you on giving up the fags. I did it once and did great, but sad to say, I'm back on them but planning to stop again soon, need to get this grub stuffing down gob down to a fine art first though! Rolling pin hit please everyone. Thanks in advance
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:26 AM   #34  

Hello everyone my name is Lisa, I introduced myself in the "Hello, I'm........." forum last week.

This weekend I was trying to work out how much weight I have to lose and how i'm going to do it. The amount was easy to work out but not easy to face I need to lose 9 stone (aarrghh I typed that really fast so it didn't sound so bad). I know it will be hard but I have to do it this time, and keep it off for good. It's doing my health no good and I don't just mean physical health, I can't bear to look in the mirror and my self esteem is non existent.

So I have decided to start on Saturday 19 June. I like a start day so I can get in the foods I need and get my mind straight.

But start what hhmmm I have tried slim fast, weight watchers, slimming world, Rosemary Connolly and they all worked for a while but I couldn't stick to them and put back more weight than i lost.

I'm thinking of just trying to eat low fat, low calorie meals, three meals a day and one snack. Hhmmm well I have until Saturday to work it out.

Sorry I have been chatting on for ages.
Purple butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:50 AM   #35  

Chat away Lisa I have 7 stone something to lose now, for the first time ever I think it could possibly happen I know what you mean about your self esteem going. I feel so much better having lost three stone ( I lost about 10 pounds before sw) I can walk for miles instead of my back hurting just going up the street. I can just about keep up with my (dog walking for miles twice a day) sister. I'll probably put on this week now having said that.

The ship? Was a festival on over the weekend was good I am so red though .
Old 06-14-2004, 07:24 AM   #36  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Lisa, Welcome if I didn't say so before Don't worry about your amount of weight you need to lose, take baby steps. When you start next week, once you've filled your cupboards with healthy foods, set yourself a small target to lose. If you keep thinking in 9 stone figures, it might scare you more than a small number to lose in a certain time.
When I first started WW in Jan 2003, I set myself 10 pound losses in six weeks and for the most part managed to do each goal. Of course, I have yo-yo'ed a bit and even though I've lost 34 pounds since starting, I still need to lose at least another 40 to be at a healthy weight.
I don't go to meetings, don't really have the time, but the support from this lot of lovelies help;s me get through the tough times.
Saying that, I am needing a few bangs with the rolling pin right now..........ooooooo sounds a bit kinky! But I did good OP yesterday and plan on being super good again today.
Make sure you drink a good water intake each day, I found it hard as first, but now I have no trouble drinking my required six BIG glases a day, and most days, I drink more as I'm more active, have more energy and am more thirsty.

Veg, put some aloe on your sunburn love, I read that you've been having beautiful days over there recently My Mum and her man just spent a week in the Cotswolds, had a lovely time and the weather was more than perfect for them. Meanwhile, it's getting muggy here again, still at least when it's muggy, I can hope I'll sweat some fat off
Am not going to work today, one week and three days until I'm done, so called in sick...
Have a great day everyone
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 09:16 AM   #37  

Hi Veggie and Chris.

You are right Chris I do need to think smaller, and set smaller targets every time I think 9 stone I think "no it can't be done" I think I need to take it half a stone at a time.

Well done on losing three stone, Veggie.
Purple butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 12:54 PM   #38  

Hi everyone

I've been a member here for ages, but have very rarely posted, and usually only pop in occasionally. I've been dieting half heartedly for (g*d knows how many) years!! But I now have some health problems and another lurking in the wings, and I know that 2 of these 3 things will be helped by my losing weight. Unfortunately the 3rd is an underactive thyroid, which slows down your metabolism and, if it doesn't make you put on weight, it makes it very difficult to lose what you have already!

I'm sort of following Slimming World at the moment. I was going to a class and lost a stone, but then lost the plot and put some of it back on, but the last couple of weeks I seem to have got back "in the mood" (if you can ever be in the mood for dieting!). Weighed myself on the fancy scales in Tesco (which tell you your BMI etc) and have lost 2.5 lbs in the week up to last Saturday, so I'm very pleased about that! Feeling quite positive at the moment.

Hope to "talk" to you more soon.

Best wishes

Sandie

Ps, will post a proper introduction on the other thread later.
SandieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:52 PM   #39  
Theres no stopping me now

Hello am very very tired. Took me ages to fall asleep last night and then I woke up with Ray when he got up at 6, even though I could have slept through to 7:30. So now I am paying for it.

Eating has been very good today, infact I have been an Just need to keep it up tomorrow as well

Hello and goodnight to every one am off to iron 2 karate suits and a shirt for me for work tomorrow and then off to bed.
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 03:58 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 330/265/175

Hi! There was the Grand Prix here this weekend, so lots of cars and tourists milling about. They closed of lots of streets for the demos. One street was just lined with Ferraris! They're also bringing those Smart cars to Canada this fall and they had a couple demos driving around the city during the Grand Prix week. They're trying to market them to the city-commuter market.

Lisa - I'm also trying to think in baby steps as well. I'm not sure how much a stone is (14 lbs?) but I'm sure I've got a lot of them to lose! Whenever I think of the actual number of lbs, I get of a bad attitude and think 'it'll never happen,' and that just isn't very productive for weight loss. So now I'm really trying to think in smaller steps to keep my motivation up.

Lots of talk about weight loss/eating plans lately....as for me, at the moment, I'm following the Atkins plan, which typically isn't that popular in the media, but it seems to work well for me so far. I eat tons more vegetables than I ever did before (at least 3 cups a day, when before, I could probably go with none! ) and I'm getting more of an idea of what kinds of food fill me up, what the healthy foods actually are etc. So hopefully from this I can develop a healthy way of eating.

Ciao, Julie.

Last edited by Lekker; 06-14-2004 at 04:00 PM.
Lekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 04:42 PM   #41  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls Hi Lisa and Sandie welcome to the chub club Well Done with the weightloss Sandie

Thank you Ms Chris i can't get my out for you today not after the nice things you said you'll have to be an and thats that

Something weird happened this morning i got on my scale (usually morning ritual ) and that 2.5lbs had gone and i don't know why cos all i've done is eat and drink anyway, i'll wait until friday to see if i've got rid of owt but it would be nice if i have especially without trying

Got my serious head on again (this time we'll have to keep them on Carol) and i'm gonna be an i've walked 4mls and i'm journalling everything i eat, i do that anyway but today the list won't get tooooo loooooooong not like it has this past week.

I see you've not gone to bed yet Carol i hope you get a good nights sleep tonight
Old 06-14-2004, 07:06 PM   #42  

Hi Sandie
Old 06-14-2004, 07:32 PM   #43  

Heya Sandie well done on the weight loss!

Hmm I'm so out of the mood at the moment I have 2 essays for Thursday and am quite confused about 1 and need to do some work for the other. Still, no more work after the end of this week yay! I don't think I can remember everything I've eaten today
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 03:04 PM   #44  
Gym'll fix it!!

Thats the problem Dill the trick is to write it down as soon as possible before the alzheimers kicks in ( in my case )

Got gut rot this morning lower back pain and i've had a pain shooting up my side and into my left hip all night god knows how i've done it it almost feels like a trapped nerve or something, it was a pain this morning having to work with it i might not look too old Chris but this body of mine lets me know how old i am

Managed to have a very reasonable day yesterday and i'm planning on the same today don't know what to have for tea tho' i'm making bangers and mash for hubby don't know whether to have that or not probably will do.
Old 06-15-2004, 03:56 PM   #45  

I wrote it all down and it was 1900ish hmmm! Still I lost 0.5lb this week which isn't too bad as I've had LOADS of work on and been pretty stressed. Sometimes its a bit tricky to be concerned about your weight when you are no longer sure if the world exists (I'm a philosophy student)

Hope your back's OK Cathy

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote