UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-30-2015, 04:55 AM   #46  

i had a short break away last weekend, it was lovely and although i did go off plan with copious amounts of wine and ice cream i still managed to lose 1lb, it must have been all the walking we did.
Anyway this week is going good so far, I am absolutely loving melons atm. I am still struggling with my hex b's though. i really want to eat more of them, pre SW i would have alpen for breakfast and a sandwich at lunch, i've eliminated my bread and i've swapped alpen for alpen light bars. I know i can syn my bread but then i'd be sacrificing my curlywurlys. I'm hoping it will get easier soon
webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 01:43 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

Hi, I signed up for SW last night and have done well today - so easy and not hungry. I'm veggie so the protein aspect I'm trying to eat quorn more for.

look forward to sharing my journey and yours.
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:12 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 298/276/199

Height: 5 ft 11

Welcome pruple....there seems to be a few veggies on SW in this thread! Good luck and keep us updated!!

Webb - for the win...i cream and weight loss...can't say fairer than that!!! Walking is so underrated....I have worn a pedometer for the last 8 weeks...and it's such an encourager to do a little more each week...this it helps speed the weight loss! X
Haninhudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:03 AM   #49  

Hi and thanks for the welcome Haninhudds Great to know there are more veggies out there who manage SW. Well done on your weight loss! Inspirational stuff.

Good luck Mantishugo SW has been around a long time I think and is very popular locally to me so I hope you find a good group to join and support along the way.

Well I'm weighing on my own scales and part of the July thread. Hoping to lose 10lb this month, not sure if that is too high.

I'll record my SW weigh ins here though

Last edited by PurpleJ; 07-02-2015 at 03:04 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 09:21 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 185.5/176.5/140

Height: 5'6

Smile

I'm new and Joining Slimming World tonight. Looking forward to help from more experienced members.

Kath
Moo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #51  

Hi Moo / Kath,
I joined on Tuesday so we can share the journey Hope you enjoy the group tonight.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:00 AM   #52  

2.5lbs this week, that's 15lbs in total . We're off to the zoo today, I've made a sw friendly picnic and will be doing loads of walking too. Fingers crossed for another good week

Last edited by webb89; 07-03-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #53  

Well done Webb89! That is a great weekly loss and overall how long has it taken you to lose the 15lbs?

Hope you enjoy your day out and it's as sunny as it is in Wales today. I'm hoping to take my kids to a zoo when I get paid at the end of the month (and they've finished school for the summer) - we're planning a picnic too to keep costs down. Hadn't thought of it fitting around my SW but it will do as we always add fruit and veggies / couscous to a picnic.

My home scale is moving but will keep my SW weigh ins for here.

Tonight is our 'Friday night pudding' night.. think all the bad things and that is what happens. lol Sooooo I'm planning sugar free jelly and fresh rhubarb from the garden baked and put with yoghurt like the slimming world recipe on the lifeline site for rhubarb fool (has a tip for oven baking it rather than stewing in sugar).

Last edited by PurpleJ; 07-03-2015 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #54  

Purplej thank you, I've been doing it for 5 or 6 weeks I think. I can't believe how it's going.
Oh i am jealous, i love wales. Yes the weather was gorgeous but omg I am struggling now I'm home after 5/6 hours of almost non stop walking. Picnics are great, I used both healthy extras for a cheese roll and had salad, cous cous, eggs and strawberries for dessert. I did pack other bits for everyone else too though and I may have had a slice of quiche and a small sausage roll :0 lol.
Mmmm Friday night pudding night sounds amazing, I may have to steal that idea..

Last edited by webb89; 07-03-2015 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:43 PM   #55  

Your day sounds brilliant but I can relate on the walking (I stand up / walk for up to 10 hour shifts at work). Hope you can rest your feet tonight and I think you did really well on your picnic even with the additions that is what the plan is about - counting the syns and allowing for them even if you have to be more careful tomorrow or such.

Pudding was LUSH! lol I'm not even Welsh but it's a true word! I used healthy extra milk and syns to make custard with sweetener and made a kind of trifle in the end. Hubby and my eldest daughter enjoyed it too.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #56  

Hi and welcome Glad you joined us to share your journey.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:01 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 185.5/176.5/140

Height: 5'6

Default First couple of days

Joined on Thursday, had a good few days. Local carnival yesterday, went slightly over on syns due to cider but only a bit and intend to pull it back today.

I have SW pulled pork in the slow cooker.

Did anyone else fine the first couple of days made them wee an awful lot? Sorry if TMI but my partner found the same too. I feel much less bloated and my clothes are looser already.

Kath
Moo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 06:03 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 298/276/199

Height: 5 ft 11

Hi all!!!

Been AWOL for last few days...busy busy busy!

Well done to all who have lost this week!

I STS last week and now TOTM due so tomorrow could be train wreck....im just hoping I don't show gaining tomorrow morning....I can't deal with losing nothing for two weigh ins in a row!!!

Good luck to anyone weighing in tomoz! X
Haninhudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 03:06 AM   #59  

Hi all
Hope you see a loss tomorrow Haninhudds - just hold faith that it'll move downwards if you keep doing the right things.

That is what i'm doing today as been daily weighing but gained half a lb that I'd lost yesterday. Only different things is having to take tablets for sore feet / back at work yesterday.

Looking forward to weigh in, i'm secretly hoping I'll sneak into the 16 stone range tomorrow (I was 17st 3.5lb last week). Fingers tightly crossed. I hate being back to 17 stone again so want to get out of it asap.

My daughter had prom tonight (my eldest daughter) hardly seems possible it's that time already. Hoping it doesn't rain today though forecast is really not positive.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:04 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

I did it a little while ago and lost about a stone, put it all back on and more when I left. I am joining a new group on Thursday. My consultant was neither inspiring nor particularly supportive so I'm going to a brand new group with a young man as the consultant who seems very enthusiastic so hope he'll be better. Doing it on my own this time. Despite my fiancee being very supportive he was also very smug having always lost a lot more than me. He lost 4 stone in the time it took me to lose 1.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote