UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 06-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 298/276/199

Height: 5 ft 11

I think carvery is a good shout everytime. Even with a tory shire pud and some roasties, it's still a **** of a lot better than most other eating out options.

I tried this thing last night and it was amaze....I kind of just made it up, but it was quorn pieces in a Philadelphia sauce. Half a tub of phili light, 125ml dry white wine, 1 tablespoon of honey, 1/2 teaspoon of mustard, oregano, a little salt and lots of pepper....had it with new potatoes and salad...the sauce was delicious and really creamy. I pointed the whole thing up at 18 syns, had half for my tea and then leftovers for dinner next day! ....

Try it! X
Haninhudds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 06:11 PM   #17  

Lol....tory shire pudding...don't let my fellow northerner refer to yorkshire puds as tory shires...I'll be burnt at the stake! X
Old 06-10-2015, 12:57 PM   #18  

Haha at toryshire puds!
Yum that sounds lush, will add that to my recipes list. The carvery was lovely, I even dodged the roasties and gave my boyfriend my toryshire pud (haha) and filled up on loads of veg BUT at £5.99 for a drink, a carvery and a dessert I couldn't refuse and had a golden syrup sponge pudding with custard :O, but my stomach was not happy with me afterwards lol. So tomorrow i will be eating a tonne of speed foods and hoping for the best for friday.

Ooh and i went to tesco today and a 6 pack of muller lights are only £1.85 at the minute. I think it's only the normal flavours though. I got the cherry, strawberry and raspberry cranberry ones
webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 01:32 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 237.4 / 228.6 / 140

Height: 5' 7''

Awww man! If I'd known they were only £1.85 I'd have bought those instead of individual ones. I feel like a mug paying £3 for 6 yogurts now! Gah! Still, I got the coconut ones, which I love, so silver linings and all that

The carvery sounds great, my hubby loves syrup sponge so I doubt he'd have been able to resist it either hehe. I don't like cakes that are warm so I'd have been safe from that but there's no way I'd have given up my roast potatoes so very well done on that!

I'm contemplating dinner now...had chicken, bacon and salad last night and really want it again but making the same thing twice in a row just doesn't feel right...I'll wait for the hubby to get home and see what he wants...then probably make chicken, bacon and salad again regardless
MaoMao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 04:24 PM   #20  

Yeah I know what u mean, I have lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes every day with lunch and dinner just with a different main. I could easily live off sw chips, omelette and salad at the mo.
I went back to tesco this afternoon to stock up on more yoghurts. They had a 6 pack with choc orange, vanilla and choc with a cherry layer and another flavour that I can't remember but I wasn't sure if they had to be synned or not so I got toffee and vanilla ones instead. The coconut are my faves too
Old 06-12-2015, 03:30 AM   #21  

3.5 lbs down this week I'm so pleased
Old 06-12-2015, 08:44 AM   #22  

That's a fantastic result! Congratulations!!

I'm weighing tomorrow morning so fingers crossed!
Old 06-12-2015, 04:36 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaoMao View Post
That's a fantastic result! Congratulations!!

I'm weighing tomorrow morning so fingers crossed!
Thank you and good luck for tomorrow
Old 06-13-2015, 05:26 AM   #24  

Woop woop! Weighed this morning and I'm 9lbs down from last week!

This was my first week and experience tells me that this is the week I'll have the biggest loss as it's mostly water weight so it'll all slow down from here but it's still a great feeling!
Old 06-13-2015, 06:06 AM   #25  

Quote:
Woop woop! Weighed this morning and I'm 9lbs down from last week!

This was my first week and experience tells me that this is the week I'll have the biggest loss as it's mostly water weight so it'll all slow down from here but it's still a great feeling!
WOW!!! That's amazing well done
Old 06-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #26  

Well done maomao! Ive had a really bad week eating wise...I'll be lucky to have STS this week! Had a Pizza Hut lunch on thrusday, went out for a meal friday but,an aged to stay off starter or dessert, had a takeaway last night and been to a BBQ today(but as am veggie only had bread ro
L and salad...plus a pice of birthday cake)....let's see what tomorrow weigh in brings!!!

Anyone else weigh in monday? Xx
Old 06-14-2015, 03:29 PM   #27  

Best of luck for tomorrow, Haninhudds! You never know, you could be pleasantly surprised I'll be rooting for you!

It's my one year wedding anniversary this week and my hubby and I are going out for dinner and the cinema. We're going to a Chinese/Thai restaurant and I'm planning on ordering veggie dishes and meat with as little sauce as possible, no rice or noodles so it'll be as close to a red day as I can get. I'm not all that keen on rice anyway so I won't feel like I'm missing out. I will be having a cheeky drink though!

I'll just avoid popcorn and snacks at the cinema, I'm fine with that as I only like salted popcorn, which my hubby doesn't like so if he gets sweet I won't be tempted anyway
Old 06-15-2015, 06:10 AM   #28  

Quote:
Best of luck for tomorrow, Haninhudds! You never know, you could be pleasantly surprised I'll be rooting for you!

It's my one year wedding anniversary this week and my hubby and I are going out for dinner and the cinema. We're going to a Chinese/Thai restaurant and I'm planning on ordering veggie dishes and meat with as little sauce as possible, no rice or noodles so it'll be as close to a red day as I can get. I'm not all that keen on rice anyway so I won't feel like I'm missing out. I will be having a cheeky drink though!

I'll just avoid popcorn and snacks at the cinema, I'm fine with that as I only like salted popcorn, which my hubby doesn't like so if he gets sweet I won't be tempted anyway
Unbelievably I lost -2 how did u do at the cinema? X
Old 06-15-2015, 01:09 PM   #29  

Quote:
Unbelievably I lost -2
That's brilliant! Well done Haninhudds! The cinema is on Thursday so I'll report back on progress after that
Old 06-16-2015, 05:58 AM   #30  

Thank u...I honestly did not expect to lose anything...would have been happy witha STS the way i was going for it with the junk food! Think the saving grace was i was working on set all week so lots of walking!

Good luck for the cinema and meal...you'll be fine. Eat what you want for your main and try not tohave a started or pudding. Just keep in mind that one scoop of be and Kerry's is between 16-35 syns!!!! Is it worth it!?!? Xx