UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 09-15-2015, 02:36 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 243/204/140

Height: 63"

9 and a half pounds is fab well done!!

I'm off to weigh in now, will update later. Been doing a lot more fitness wise (started couch to 5k run/walk programme) and even went cycling today for the first time in a year.

Hoping for a loss this week.
PurpleJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 05:45 PM   #167  

1.5lb down this week pleased with that as pushing for my 2 stone now, 4lb away.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:17 AM   #168  

Sorry I've been missing for a couple of weeks, i've had 2 very busy and naughty weeks. I've gained 2lbs since I came on last but I am back on track this week and determined to knock it back off.
I see you've all done great and welcome to the newbies 😊
webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:16 AM   #169  

aww that is not bad for 2 weeks off well done not gaining too much. HOpe you're keeping well.

I was down another 2.5lb last night 1.5lb more till my 2 stone award.

I had a visit to the nurse today for injections (flu and depo) and she raved on about my weight loss! was so sweet bless her.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:47 AM   #170  

Purplej that's brilliant well done 😊.
I've become demotivated a bit, I think it's the cold weather, I'm going to buy a sw book for winter comfort food recipes and pop to Iceland to stock up on their sw curry and sausages.
I'm 1lb down this week, I was hoping for 2 but never mind, it's better than nothing
webb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 08:05 AM   #171  

I am finding it harder in terms of wanting hot food now. I made a SW friendly rice pudding last night (alpro almond milk, sweetener, vanilla and nutmeg) it was LOVELY!! give it a go if you like rice pudding.

I have veggie sausages cut up into pasta and passata too which is lovely and warming.

Well done on your 1lb still great progress! dont' be down hearted you're still losing.

We lost one of our dogs this week (had to have him pts) broke my heart and been dealing with my 10 year old who is beside herself. We've done a lot of work on mindfulness and emotions surrounding grief as she's been struggling and never lost an animal or family member before.

I've been struggling not to comfort eat.. but holding steady at the moment so hope to see a loss this week.
Old 10-13-2015, 06:19 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 185.5/176.5/140

Height: 5'6

Hi All,

Been AWOL for a while.
Sorry to hear about your dog Purple - heartbreaking. xxxx

Well I had 3 weeks in Majorca and put on 4lbs so I wasn't too upset. One week back on SW and I lost 4lbs!!

Been bad this week tho' - step daughters birthday and coold weather have made me a greedy girl. Might have to take a hit on Thursday and get back on track.
Moo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 185.5/176.5/140

Height: 5'6

Been quiet on here lately - is everyone OK?

Are you all struggling with cold dark evening munchies like I am?

Moo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:15 PM   #174  

Hi Moo, sorry forgot to post here.

Am now 2 st 2.5lb down.. hoping to step into the 14st range this week if I can manage it .

Thanks for your thoughts, it was a hard time losing such a key member of the family. We have done the dog family thing - and bought a slightly older pup - he's 5 months and full of life. Really helped us grieving and is great company for family walks and generally brings laughter to the home again. He was heading for a rehome situation so it worked well for us all I think. He certainly has settled well.

How are you doing?
Old 11-07-2015, 01:20 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 218/218/191

Height: 5ft 5

Hey everyone, i have just joined from sunny plymouth. I do slimming world at home, cant afford the clubs. Anyone know where i can look for up to date advice on syn values on here cos there doesn't seem to be any that i can find?
Thanks all. Happy slimming xx
weff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:37 PM   #176  

This is mainly an American page I think to be honest. SW isn't on here - other than here. if you're on FB there are some fab pages on there - where you can ask for syn values etc. Well done joining and hope you continue to do well

I am glad to say I lost 3lb this week (whoop) into the 14st range and 1.5lb away from my 2 and a half stone award. So need to keep focused despite one of my daughters birthday on Sunday.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:13 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 204/204/168

Height: 5'9

Cool

Starting SW tomorrow....

I'm feeling quite nervous about attending a meeting! What can I expect?

I have about 3 stone in total I'd love to loose..
snookipaige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 07:54 AM   #178  

Hi and good luck new members, there is a british forum for SW support I'm on which will come up if you search for sw forums I'm sure. It has a lot more SW support than here, though I do post here out of habit, not as much.

I am glad to say I got my 2 and a half stone award last night feels great as the last 6 weeks have been a bit tricky and something I've had to really grit my teeth through at times. Am looking forward to another 2 weeks on plan then a couple of events before xmas and a couple of days of treats over xmas before getting back to it 100%. It feels amazing to be in smaller clothes etc before xmas, so you're doing the right thing starting now and keeping your head in the game after xmas.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:13 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 202.5/189/120

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialacliche View Post
Hey everyone, I'm also new.

I'm joining this thread because I've been doing SW at home by myself for 2 1/2 weeks now and I've lost 9 1/2 lb already which I'm super happy with. I really want to join my local group, but I work 1 - 9pm most days of the week so the hours don't work out. Hopefully I can count on you guys for support instead!
Is there not a morning group you can go to? Our old consultant did a morning and evening one but had to give up evenings after her heart attack. Our new consultant does two morning ones on Saturday, one at 8.30 that we go to and one at 10.30. Its so much easier as I work 11-7 and we can still go to the 8.30 one and my fiance takes me to work straight after.

9 and a 1/2 is really good well done i can only dream of losing that much in my first 2 weeks. Simon lost 10lb in his first 2 weeks while I lost 1 when we first did it. I hope for better results this time around.
roobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 07:33 PM   #180  

Hi, Hoping this will be a good place to find support and a push to real my goal weight. I started S/W in March and have lost 4 stones, plus half a stone I managed on my own before. Initially I went with a friend but now I'm on my own and with about a stone and a half to go suddenly it feels like hard work. I gained 2lbs this week and really need to get myself back on track.
I do like my group but by the time we hear about how everyone did last week and a bit about what's on the website time is up and I'm outside wondering if I might be better going online. Have decided to try a speed week and see if I can have a big loss next week...I have a slow cooker full of soup and hoping it does the trick. Anyone have any advice/foolproof speed recipes/motivation to share to get me in the mood? And past Christmas! I do loads of exercise, cardio & weights so can't ramp that up. In meetings I am always amazed when people will say they had a takeaway or went for a night out and still lost weight. I have to stick like glue to the plan and never have all my syns...do you find you can cheat and get away with it?
Swagglyboots is offline   Reply With Quote