UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2002, 12:59 PM   #76  

Common Kim???? Aww just because she drinks buckfast on the park bench.
Old 05-07-2002, 01:06 PM   #77  

im tellingggggggggggg leave me aloneeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 05-07-2002, 01:08 PM   #78  
Theres no stopping me now

COME ON KIM - OK

Drinking Buckie on a park bench is very high class. it those with the cheap cider you need to worry about
Old 05-07-2002, 01:27 PM   #79  

That'll be me then.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:35 PM   #80  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Hi everyone

sorry I haven't posted for a while...I have been having a tough time this past month...2 weeks staying the same weight, then a good loss of 3lbs and then this week a gain of 1lb. Ok it was TOM this week 2 weeks later than it should have bee and a pretty nasty one when it did finally arrive, which probably accounts for the 1 pound weight gain, I should be grateful it was only a pound, it could have been much much worse.
As far as my diet and exercise is going I am still doing really well, it is just the mood swings and depression caused by dwelling too much on how long it is still taking to lose this weight.....stupid...I know, and again it is probably all down to these damned hormones, but I have just been so down in the dumps, I have very little enthusiasm to do anything.
I have not answered my emails, in fact it took me until saturday to even bother logging on to check them.
But I have given myself a good taking to and a kick in the pants and I am trying to get my mind straight again.
I am definitery not in any danger of giving up now...I have come way too far to do that. But I do moast certainly need an attitude adjustment and one I am going to be working on over the comijng week

Hope you are all having a good week

Ali
Old 05-07-2002, 04:42 PM   #81  

Ali hello good to hear from you sorry you have been having hard time nasty TOM and all I have experience of that and it is BAD.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:50 PM   #82  

Ali we all have those moments. You are doing really well and we all know you are not going to give in now. But sometimes it's nice to have a hug {{{{{{{{{{{{{HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} and a chocolate biscuit to dunk in your tea and forget about everything. (I'm a woman with simple tastes) We all know about those hormones, keep smiling Ali we know you'll soon have it back under control.

Veggie I'm more classy and into cheap wine - £3.69 for 1.5 litres. Pure rocket fuel - am sure I could run the car on it some days.

Just re-read that and maybe I should be standing up saying, hello I'm Carol I have a drink problem. It isn't as bad as it sounds - honestly. I just like cheap wine, if someone gave me a bottle of expensive wine I wouldn't know the difference. Sure the calories are the same no matter what the cost ?

Gotta get of to bed soon as I'm off for a walk tomorrow morning before work - only chance I'll have of fitting it in. Am off to explore Clydebank tomorrow afternoon - am assuming that it's on the side of the river clyde - hopefully the office will be easy to find - else I'll be the nutter driving around Glasgow for the next couple of weeks.
Old 05-07-2002, 05:16 PM   #83  
Pending Email Confirmation

Carol, I'm once again trying to kick the drink habit in the week. The annoying things is I do it, get hooked again and struggle all over again. I always think about what I read once that besides the empty caloriesit provides. the body deals with burning alcohol first. I think it must run out of steam by the time it gets to my food. That usually motivates me a little. Of course, when you have a drink, you want to eat, well I do anyway.

Why do I turn to skimmed milk when I can't have alcohol??

Jan
Old 05-07-2002, 05:55 PM   #84  

Can somebody tell me where to buy wine for £3.69 for 1.5liters?

Jen
Old 05-07-2002, 06:07 PM   #85  

Asda - Jen

Coop take £3.84 for a bottle
Old 05-08-2002, 03:53 AM   #86  

I put the one and a quarter pounds I lost this week back on over the weekend and I KNOW it was caused purely by alcohol as I was very good eating wise. It is very depressing to keep losing and gaining the same pound. I think I really need to drink less at weekends too, as well as just cutting it out during the week

Sorry to hear you are down in the dumps Ali, I know how depressing it can be to still feel you have a long way to go. You are such a good motivator to the rest of us though, I'm sure you'll feel more positive soon.
Old 05-08-2002, 04:49 AM   #87  

Hi, is this where we post our weight losses (and gains, because I usually gain more than I lose if you know what I mean!).

I got weighed on Monday and have lost 4lbs but this was my first week at slimming world.

I love wine but my favourite is Bailey's which I've had to banish from my house cause its so high in sins, never mind.

Can I just say hi to Ali I can't believe how much weight you've lost, well done you deserve a medal, how have you managed to lose so much and has it took you long. Its so fantastic well done!!

Pippy
xxx
Old 05-08-2002, 04:52 AM   #88  

pip well done 4 lbs is great you must have really stuck to your plan.............and yes this is thread we come to face the music
Old 05-08-2002, 08:09 AM   #89  

Pippy take a look at Ali's web site all will be revealed! Well done on the 4 pounds.
Old 05-08-2002, 09:42 AM   #90  

Default weigh in report

Short and simple - stayed the same this week!!

Tracy
Closed Thread