UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2002, 10:43 AM   #16  
Mistress Of My Destiny

S/C/G: 355/219/159

Height: 5ft 5.5

Angry weigh in report

Hi everyone

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DELANEY

HAVE A GREAT TIME TONIGHT

hope you are all doing well

well I was having a fantastic week last week...TOM finally decided to make its appearance on thursday 2 weeks later than it should have been, but I wasn't that bothered about it even though I thought it would probably spoil fridays weigh in, I have just been feeling so good with all I achieved last week, I thought nothing could ruin how I felt....was I ever wrong.

Thursday evening I was sitting on my computer happily reading through the messageboard when all of a sudden I got the blue screen of death appear, oh was that bad...not half as bad as the black screen that appeared 5 minutes later....After a panic phone call to my mate Dave in Scotland ( Computer Wizard )

Well final verdict after much fiddling and deliberaton was that the only thing I could do was a complete reformat of my machine, he got me to the stage where I was able to make back ups of the really important stuff, but as is always the way there is loads of things I forgot to back up and have now lost...you know important things like email addresses from my address book, so if any of you that email me could send me one so that I can re add you otherwise I can't get in touch

As you can see by the fact that I'm back posting, things are more or less back to normal now thank goodness.

Weigh in on friday really cheered me up even though the nightmare caused by my computer had me stressed to the limits.
Despite TOM arriving on thursday I had still managed to lose 2lbs this week so I feel brilliant

Well I just thought I would pop in quickly to report in, I need to get loads of stuff downloaded now so that I am back to some sort of normality on here

Have a great weekend everyone

Ali
Old 02-23-2002, 11:19 AM   #17  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Okay! I admit it, I live in the U.S. My Mom is from Swindon though, so can I ask all of you a question? I LOVE Marmite, but do not know how to count it in diet terms. Can anyone tell me calories, or fat content?

Thanks!!
Old 02-23-2002, 12:04 PM   #18  
Phat Chick

Zero points - but I will double check for ya!
I have a 250g jar and the details are as follows:

per 4g serving
Energy 39kJ/9kcal
Protein 1.7g
Carbohydrates 0.6g
of which sugars 0.1g
fat 1g
of which saturates trace
Fibre trace

Do you need anything else? Just checked my UK Shopping Guide and one heaped teaspoon of Marmite is ZERO points.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-23-2002, 12:28 PM   #19  
Pending Email Confirmation

Default SW

I need some urgent help I am doing SW red days and I am going for a chinese tonight. What's good and what's not

I know I have got to be careful with the amount of rice as I can "sin" some but what else should look out for??????
Old 02-23-2002, 03:01 PM   #20  

Happy birthday Delaney.Hope you have a great time.

I will sign up for a weight loss goal...especially after today. EvilFather visited and DH sped off to the chip shop and Offy the minute he left! No chance of any loss this week. I tend to do the scales thing on monday in an attempt to keep me on track over the weekend, so I will post it, no matter how awful.

Don't know about Chinese......suspect you should be avoiding the noodles and rice on a red day
Old 02-23-2002, 04:11 PM   #21  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Happy Birthday, Delaney!!

Well done TQ!!! - I am soooo jealous - I am looking forward very much to getting in to a size 16.

CONFESSION TIME.... I ate like a ... well... like a woman possessed today! I have NEVER broken a diet so spectacularly.

I managed to ignore the Danish pastries with the morning coffee but as the day progressed the things we were being asked to deal with got steadily worse and worse. I think this is a way of weeding out the weaker people who are perhaps looking at the world of fostering through rose tinted glasses.

Yes - it was a choice of fish & chips or pie & chips or sausage & chips or chips & chips at lunch time - but I promise you I couldn't have given a monkey's - I think all of us were prepared to cram it in with both hands (or even without any hands if necessary) - it was definitely a case of mass COMFORT EATING. The one time they should NEVER show you pictures of abused children is just before lunch! I thought it would put me off of eating, but it did exactly the reverse and it did it to everyone.

Then - to compound things.... a group of us decided to stop off for a 'quick half' on the way home - which turned in to three quick halves and a lasagne and garlic bread - with (as nod to healthy eating) a side salad. I am going to say the next bit quietly ... then I had some dessert... sob!

I am all over it now. Yes, I want to go ahead with foster caring and so does Kevin, but we both realise tonight that we can't react so strongly to the awful things we are bound to see. This was a first and last time for me to lose control like this. If we are to take these children in to our home to care for and keep safe then they can't see me going to pieces like this whenever I am confronted by the attrocities that have happened to them in their pasts.

Sorry to moan on - I am not trying to lay the blame for my piggyness anywhere else than at my own lack of self control.

Give all your babies a BIG hug from me.

I'll be alright tomorrow.
Old 02-23-2002, 05:11 PM   #22  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

Sarah - today happened and now you have to forge ahead and forget it, just like I will forget thet huge pile of pasta etc that I had for tea topped off with a giant glass of Sheridans

Those trousers are size 16 but I am not kidding myself...........the day I can get into a fitted dress/skirt with zip and button in a size 16 i will be one happy lady but it certainly put a big smile on my face walking around Meadowhall. I am getting there as we all are slowly but surely. It just goes to show how we shouldn't get hung up about the size on our clothes as they vary so much from shop to shop. In my younger days I used to love wallis as I was a size 16 and in wallis size 12's fitted me.......nice to pretend though eh!!
Old 02-23-2002, 06:11 PM   #23  

Sarah, the good things you will do for those children far outweigh any ounces gained.
And if it helps, my Dad used to beat the **** out of us, and even now when we see him (like today) we head straight for the calories after and I think that's ok...I mean, there are worse things you can do, just they don't show so much.
TQ, size 16 is size 16. Ilike shopping in the US where I am a 14...I know that's an 18 in the real world but it still feels better!
Geveve
Old 02-23-2002, 10:43 PM   #24  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Thanks Phat Chick!!!!
Old 02-24-2002, 03:36 AM   #25  
Theres no stopping me now

I think you still need a big pat on the back Sarah for still being strong enough to want to carry on fostering. I'm sure yesterday will have 'weeded' out the faint hearted - me included. Forget about the eating - put it behind and just carry on as normal today. I didn't eat too great yeaterday either.

I took the boys to the pictures and had no popcorn what so ever so I was very proud of myself. Then I came home & had salt & vinegar crisps and cheese rolls and twixs - 2 I think, plus 3 cans of cider. Should of just had the pop corn & got it out of my system

never mind - Sunday is another day. After I did that well last weekend as well. I'm hoping to go for a walk later on when Ray surfaces - he was at a boys night out last night - think that is how I let myself get away with the eating. Would never have tried it if he was sitting there. Although he doesn't nag he is like some kinda of slient witness and keeps me on the straight & narrow. I cope all week when he is working shifts but at the weekend - well this one anyway I just fell to bits.

Never mind - again !!!!!!!!!! I am big enough to admit that I'm not perfect and that these days are going to happen.

I bought the Geri Halliwell yoga video on ebay yesterday. The seller is going on holiday so I won't get it until she comes back, but am looking forward to trying the workout. I don't want to get to Geris size it has to be said, but fancy the yoga. Will let you know in a couple of weeks if it is worth it or not. Really depends on whether or not I'll be able to move after my first attempt at it - will no doubt end up like BPB with her new rebounder vid.

Hope you had a lovely birthday Delaney.

Well Steve wants his breakfast, best go feed the monkeys

Carol
Old 02-24-2002, 05:46 AM   #26  

Never mind Sarah, don't let the food break your resolve. Today is a fresh start, and yesterday is history. Anyway you couldn't possibly have sat there and not eaten whilst everyone was shovelling it in could you? And if you hadn't have gone to the pub you would have been classed as anti-social!!!! That would have gone against you, so I think you did exactly the right things (I have all the answers!!)

Well, went for the chinese, hadn't a clue what was good or bad, apart from the rice bit.

We ordered a meal for 2 and I had a little of everything, even less of the rice but I did have apple fritters afterwards Hmmmm.. Guess what, and I can't see that last night has anything to do with it yet, but I haven't lost an ounce again this week. (Don't forget I don't have any sins in the week) I have until Wednesday I know, but I don't think what I am doing is working. I don't want to give it up, but I am going to have to look at the diet again and maybe control the free foods more, mind you I have cut back on them anyway this week, so lets hope Wednesday's weigh in pays off! I do think, though that I need more exercise and I am having problems finding the time!!
Old 02-24-2002, 05:54 AM   #27  
Phat Chick

Sarah - today is a new day, forget about yesterday because you can't change what has been done. My first question would be, did you enjoy it My second question is, is it out of your system?

I agree with Jano about being social. You would be amazed at how people scrutinize every action and how it is interpreted. Who knows, you may even keep in contact with some of these people and provide each other with support when you all eventually start fostering.

I am so scared of my new trampolining video I may even do some housework to avoid it.

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 02-24-2002 at 07:19 AM.
Old 02-24-2002, 06:23 AM   #28  

OMG BPB - that's desperate measures!!

(R U deelite on the femail board?)

Jano
Old 02-24-2002, 07:19 AM   #29  
Phat Chick

Yep - that's my other alias

Does any one else type their posts in a hurry and then edit later because you've seen some atrocious spelling and grammar
Old 02-24-2002, 08:11 AM   #30  

All the time! I can't type...wish this thing had an auto spell checker!
Closed Thread