UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2002, 05:29 PM   #76  
Theres no stopping me now

Evening all. BritinNJ I too switched the alarm off this morning & went back too sleep. No Tae Bo this morning, but I just finished doing it. Wasn't looking forward to it, but when I finished the warm up I was in to it & I have to be honest it didn't last long enough. How sad is that. What tape do you do ? I'm currently doing Tae Bo Basic Live, still working on the technic, but think I may finally being getting there.

My MSN is open, but I am heading for a bath to ease my aching muscles - the cool down in Tae Bo is rubbish. Not being anti social if I'm ignoring anybody - just whacked.

Off for that bath. Need to be up early to walk tomorrow morning . In the Glasgow office all day so I won't get out at lunchtime - I'll be too busy gabbing, and Ray is backshift so I can't leave teh boys. So if this nutter wants to walk tomorrow it'll have to be at 6am - think I am offically a nutter.

Speak to you all tomorrow night - no computer in the workshop I'm stuck into tomorrow - Veggie you think your lecturer is bad you haven't met dynamic Gerald, from the company who is assisting in us implementing ITIL. Sure he is a really nice guy socially but at works he needs a rocket up his bum

Really going this time

Night

Carol
Old 02-25-2002, 06:33 PM   #77  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hi Carol,
I am currently doing the basic work out too, haven't plucked up enough courage to even look at the next chapter in the four video's. I agree with you, the cool down is a total loss, and I get all confused bringing my arms back in and by the time I've got it, Billy is bowing, and I must say, I always feel a right nit bowing back to him, there's noone in the room with me, just him on telly...and my tow dogs who always seem to watch while I throw myself in all directions!
I WILL do it later tonight, after I've walked the dogs cos I do feel a wee bit guilty for not getting up when I was supposed to...I'm a bad woman...hehe.
Hope you have had a lovely soaky bath, and have a nice dreamy restful sleep. Wish I could have a nice soaky bath here, however, for some reason, my bath is only five foot long so if I want to soak my shoulder's I have to put my legs up the wall...not a pretty sight I can assure you! How I long for an English bath....
Have a good day at work tomorrow.
Chris.
Old 02-25-2002, 07:06 PM   #78  
Phat Chick

Apologies to who ever was chatting on MSN last night. Went to bed with a stinking headache and hubby was logged onto both PCs. I got up at about 11pm to take another tablet and noticed that someone was trying to have a conversation - so sorry. Cause we have ADSL, the PCs are online all the time, so I will log out properly of MSN, so you don't think I had anyone on "Ignore"
Old 02-26-2002, 03:12 AM   #79  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

This wind is a bit scary - our electricity is carried in over head power cables so I am sort of expecting the electricity to go off at any moment. We have already lost our fencing panels (again) from the back garden.

Gosh - I feel so VIRTUOUS today!!!!! Clean living, lots of exercise.... OMG - just listen to me!!!!! The couch potato worm has turned....

Yes - we went swimming yesterday evening and the best thing that has happened to me in a long time happened last night..... YAY!!!!! I OUT-SWAM ALL THE PEOPLE WE WENT SWIMMING WITH!!!!!

Oh - it was SOOOOO wonderful.... we all met up in the nearest pub and all the blokes were making these macho comments about being stronger than the women and us having to wait for them, so they jumped in and did a lot of splashing up and down and exhausted themselves out after 10 lengths. One of the woman said she couldn't be bothered and sat in the jacuzzi sulking - the other two women managed about 20 and then said their muscles hurt, but I was really enjoying myself - and I just ploughed on at a steady pace and managed 32 lengths (which is half a mile at that pool). I even felt I could have done more, but Kevin kept hissing at me not to show him up. Well - it was his fault for inviting all these people on my first swim in 4 years!!!!! I noticed that he was happy enough for them to insinuate that, with me being overweight, I wouldn't be able to manage very much and would need to sit and wait for THEM, but he didn't like it when the tables were turned. I definitely want to go back next week!!! The only downside was how hungry I felt when we got home.

I feel a bit more confident that I will pass the fostering medical now.

BritinNJ - or anyone else - if you want to add me to your messenger my user is [email protected]

BPB - I wondered why you are always on line no matter when I log on.

Delaney - I hope you enjoyed your psychic evening - I have thought about going to one, but have never plucked up the courage... what happens exactly??????
Old 02-26-2002, 06:23 AM   #80  

Sarah it's really windy here too, our fence is not going to last the day - doh

I've been to a psychic evening before but I didn't reckon much to it and only went because my friend's really into it, but last night - wow!!! Firstly I'm a bit of a sceptic and was also an annoyed sceptic because we had to wait 4 hours to be seen, I was sooooo close to just walking out but as I already said friend was desperate to be seen. I was seen by a white witch (don't know what that means) and she went mad over me, and said all sorts of things which she couldn't possibly have known about me - it was very wierd. She taped it all for me so I will listen to it again tonight with DH (very much a sceptic) and see what I think then.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:22 AM   #81  

This morning we watched a film and discussed it! We watched what women want everyone else thought it was the worst film ever I thought it was ok! Whenever we discuss anything I seem to have the opposite view of everyone else yesterday it was capital punishmnet this afternoons crime thing should be interesting NOT.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:27 AM   #82  
Phat Chick

You sound like you are having fun

I am stalling. I want to go out, but I have that tingly feeling which means I want to spent lots of money. Can you believe this, I saw a bracelet in silver in Harrods, which I am trying to get made into gold. So Harrods phone the designer with my name and the designer comes back wanting to know if I am the wife of a famous footballer (cause if I was I would get some freebies). Now doesn't that show you that the more money you have, the less you have to pay. I mean if I was this famous footballer's wife I would have shouted it from the moment I got into the store. Actually my PA would have been doing my shopping for me

HELP

Last edited by BigPhatBooty; 02-26-2002 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-26-2002, 07:32 AM   #83  

Smile A wee not to say Hi

So this is where its all at, How is everybody doing. Is it ever going to stop raining lol. Weigh in tomorow night gives use a buzz later. Take care have fun Shuxs
Old 02-26-2002, 08:33 AM   #84  
:(

S/C/G: 13st 2lbs/12st 7lbs/9st 7lbs

Height: 5'2

In the daily mail today there is a little story about a woman who went from a size 28 to a size 8 in a year!!! She lost 9 stone!! From 17st 4lb to 8st 4lbs! Now theres dedication for you!!
Old 02-26-2002, 09:06 AM   #85  

Chichi is that the woman who made a bet that she would lose all the weight within 1 year???

BPB - that's really unfair isn't it? You have to say who you are in all honesty - it'll only backfire in the end - but then again I am a pessimist - any optimists out there with a viewpoint??? LOL
Old 02-26-2002, 09:34 AM   #86  
Consistency + Balance

I think I've lost the plot here a bit - is there something about BPB I don't know????

BPB - I get that tingly feeling as well - the only thing that gets rid of it is a spot of retail therapy! Luckily for our bank balance I live in a tiny village so I don't get the opportunity to splurge too often. If you can afford it then get out there and melt some plastic!!!

If it were me and if you can string the designer along that you are the footballer's wife, without actually lying and SAYING that you are the footballer's wife, then go for it! More fool them!!!

Veggie - perhaps its me, but your course actually sounds very varied and interesting. In fact it sounds almost perfect!!

P.S. I had my first kiss in the main entrance of Harrods and got ticked off by the doorman!!
Old 02-26-2002, 09:38 AM   #87  

BPB - who did they think you were married too? Someone hunky It proves money goes to money.

I can't say I would ever have a burning desire to move to London if my boyfriend didn't already live there. He lives in a nice part of north London and I am hoping to get a job that I can travel to by bus, instead of by underground (I'm too claustrophobic).
Old 02-26-2002, 09:59 AM   #88  
Phat Chick

Having re-read my post, I guess some of you think I went down the dishonest route. Nope siree not me. 'fessed up straight away, just laughed and said if I was married to him, I wouldn't be shopping at the silver jewellery counter

As Phoebe said, money goes to money. Why hand out freebies to someone who can well afford it. Obviously if I was this famous footballer's wife, I would obviously "promote" the jewellery by being seen wearing it.
Old 02-26-2002, 10:11 AM   #89  
Consistency + Balance

I can't even begin to think what your name is... the only footballer's wife I know is Victoria Beckham... just shows you how much I know about football!

No - I don't think you did give the impression you had been less than honest - I think Melissa was just sort of posing a 'what if' type of question.

I think yesterday's exercise is catching up with me today - I'm starving.

My Avon stuff turned up and that all-in-one undies thingie I ordered is absolutely gorgeous (much nicer than in the picture) but it is about two sizes too small - I can't make up my mind whether to send it back or hang on to it in the hope that one day I will fit in to it. What do you think?
Old 02-26-2002, 10:30 AM   #90  
Phat Chick

Victoria Beckham - puuuuuuuurrrrrrlease don't get me started or it will be SPAM all over again
Closed Thread