3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello, I'm......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13279-hello-im.html)

peacock 2 11-27-2006 06:40 AM

HI Maria

Welcome back!

Brighton is lovely and you are right about the cycle paths. I am one of those gormless paedestrians that stand there wondering why all these cyclists are coming at me!!! I love going down to Brighton.

Merrysage 11-27-2006 06:44 AM

I've not been to Brighton, though I have an acquaintance down there who loves it. We're big fans of the coast. I hate living inland. The air is so much cleaner by the sea and the people much less aggressive. We go to Dorset twice a year, so I don't completely go stir, and the exercise you get without even trying is fantastic! Its like there's no excuse not to get out and enjoy it. :D

peacock 2 11-27-2006 06:58 AM

Lovely parks down there too although some of the shopping areas get crowded. grrr!

bigbonedlass 11-28-2006 03:41 PM

Hi everyone,
I think I should have started here, I joined today.
I'm 33, wife and mum of a 2 yr old girl.
Trying to start out as illustrator, (not going so well!) After constantly working in jobs I hate.
I live in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex, grew up in London.
I was a fat child, and have struggled and yo- yo'd forever.
I've bust my arse over the last year or so to get from 15 and a half stone to 11 and i really hope that this is it.
I joined because I feel myself slipping, Constant rejection of my work and falling out with members of my family has all made me feel very low.
I've never talked about binge eating properly. I still don't know if I can and i'm pretty scared i'm heading back there.
It doesn't sound like it but i am also up for a laugh!
Thanks for reading.
Hi to you all.
:)

BritinNJ 11-28-2006 06:25 PM

HI BBL :) Welcome to UKFC or FCUK as it has been called.... :) Come join us in the daily chat thread whenever you can, we're all full of life and we all have our ups and downs...and we're all very supportive...

peacock 2 11-29-2006 04:51 AM

Hello again BBL - I used to live in St Leonards for a while. Did not appreciate it when I was there - althoguh I do remember a couple of friends I made and I went out dancing a few times. Of course now I love going down there. I have lived by the sea twice and never appreciated it at the time! We moved a few times cos my Dad either changed jobs or the job moved. My Brother lived in Hastings for a while before moving near Southampton. I used to visit him there - in fact when he got a house there, the family would come down to see him for Christmas. It was a lovely hosue and a huge garden but then he changed jobs and moved to a very much smaller house but with what his son calls a 'dark wood' at the end of the garden which pleases the cats no end as mummy cat can show off her hunting skills (her daughter takes after her).

bigbonedlass 11-29-2006 04:57 AM

Hi Peacock, Yup, I love to be by the sea, and i'm lucky to have a big sea view.
It's a great place with a bit of a bad rep, it's just a bit run down, but it's getting better all the time.
:) :)

katie_oxo 11-29-2006 08:43 AM

Hi BBL

You've done so well in the last year, I really hope you find that boost of support that you need to keep you going onwards and downwards :)

bigbonedlass 11-29-2006 10:06 AM

Cheers duckie
:)

coralie 12-18-2006 09:40 AM

Hello Everyone,

I'm Coralie, i am very encouraged by this website and hope that it will help me on my weight loss journey!

Height- 5ft 5"
Start weight- 18st 7lbs (252 lbs)
weight i started this current diet- 16st 2 lbs (226 lbs)
Current Weight- 14st 6lbs (202) Lightest i have been in 10 years!!
Target weight- Between 10st and 11st, i have no idea because i have never been this weight in my adult life! I would love to fit into size 12/14 clothes.

I'm 26 years old, from London, but now live in gorgeous Devon with my fantastically supportive boyfriend in our first house.
I have been on a very restrictive low carb diet....but was finding it just too difficult, especially in the festive season (no alcohol allowed!!)
I am now keeping calories low and having lots of friut and veg, using enough fat to make my menu work, but not too much.

My reasons to lose weight are (aside from the obvious to improve health and confidence) but i would like to be at target weight before my partner and i start a family.

Coralie ;)

2frustrated 12-18-2006 09:59 AM

:wave:

Hello Coralie - welcome to 3FC, we're great! :lol:

Join us all over the place - us UK chicks chatter in the December Chat thread at the moment!

:hug: Congrats on your loss so far :bravo:

peacock 2 12-18-2006 10:15 AM

Hi Coralie - lovely name! Devon - you lucky thing!!

BritinNJ 12-18-2006 04:37 PM

Hi Coralie, ditto Peacock, lovely name :) Welcome to FCUK....we're a lovely lot, even if I do say so myself... well done on the loss already, you'll be to goal in no time. Come and visit with us often :)

Dawnx 12-20-2006 03:37 PM

Hi everyone! My name is Dawn and I live in London with my partner and 2 teenage children. Stubbled onto this site by accident, I think its brill. I'm on the Lighter Life programme and could do with some support :dizzy:

veggie 12-20-2006 03:46 PM

Welcome to the forum Dawn. :wave: