3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello, I'm......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13279-hello-im.html)

aimaom 04-08-2006 03:31 PM

hello!

Hello!

My name is Aimee, I'm 26 and I am from the UK, but I live and work as an English teacher in France. I am a classic yoyo dieter and really want to stop!:mad: I am always "on a diet" or "off the diet so eat anything especially crisps"... Recently I have been finding the weight much harder to lose again (I'm getting old!) and its just silly not having a stable weight so I want to kick the yoyo habit! I am doing a diet (sensible) from a book and exercise 4 or 5 times a week to various exercise DVDs. I also walk lots as I dont have a car.
My highest weight ever was 13st 7 but I have been yoyoing between 11st and 9st for about 9 years (really time to stop!). My goal is 8st 7, which I last achieved in August 2004, :D although I still felt fat/podgy (I have no muscle...):(
I live on my own so I don't have any problems with tempting food in the fridge as I just dont buy it. I actually have very high willpower when on a diet but when I'm finished I can't keep it under control! One packet of crisps and I've started back down the very slippery slope... :mad: :( Are there any other serious yoyoers out there? I feel I have almost kicked the habit in my head this time but still need some support!

deebees 04-11-2006 05:57 PM

Hello everyone

My name's Debbie and I live just outside Stoke on Trent. I've joined up as I'm at my highest weight ever and it's got to come off as not only can I not get into my clothes but I can't get into my shoes any more either - fat feet.:D

I'm trying to persuade myself that 1lb a week is the way to go cos then I'd have it all off in a year. I know that's the best thing for me but, of course, I'd prefer to lose 3 stone in 3 weeks. Tried loads of diets before but I always end up starving myself then binging and giving up.

Chat to you all soon I hope.
Debbie

veggie 04-12-2006 09:35 AM

Welcome Debbie and Aimee :wave: :)

Shadowf3 04-12-2006 07:07 PM

Hiya, I'll add my lot into this as well!!!

My name is Jay, I found the site through F3 (Fractured.net) if it isn't too bold to plug or anything...just a lot of the American girls there have this place in their siggie lines. I'm approaching mid 30's and have only had the weight prob for about 10 years. I'm a Canadian who married a Brit and spent a couple years jobless and kidless... boredom and pregnancy...I porked. At my worst, I was 14+ stone (not preggers) and now I'm hovering at 12. My problem is that I lose a few pounds and then plateau for a year!! I am not lazy, I have paid for a personal trainer (she was good) and did tae kwon do for quite a while. We lived on the continent during that time. We're in Greater London now and I can't really afford a PT again, but I am starting to become a gym rat again. I may take up martial arts again soon. Most of my problem is the fat around my middle. I don't look too bad from the boobs up or from the butt down (I won't lie, chunky yes) but from the middle, I look really pregnant and I just can't shift it. I'm in a plateau again, but working at getting out of it. I packed in the fags a few weeks ago, so the gym is a lot easier. I am trying to find positives in everything I do, but sometimes, it really is hard. I'm not defeatist though...I made it this far, I know I can go further...it's just gonna take a while!!

veggie 04-13-2006 09:56 AM

Welcome to the forum Jay :wave:

sarahgrace 04-16-2006 03:17 PM

hi I'm Sarah, I've lost 9.5 pounds with slimming world since feb but am getting a little bored with it. not gonna give up though!!;)

Janie Jane 04-16-2006 03:21 PM

Hi Sarah

Well done :cp: Stick with it

veggie 04-16-2006 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahgrace
hi I'm Sarah, I've lost 9.5 pounds with slimming world since feb but am getting a little bored with it. not gonna give up though!!;)

It can get boring on sw I lost 3st in 3 months then got bored and put it all back on... don't you do that! :( :)

Janie Jane 04-16-2006 06:43 PM

Veggie - do you ever sleep - you seem to be on-line all the time :yawn:

veggie 04-16-2006 06:59 PM

Are you yawning at me? :( :p :devil: I am online all the time, I see everything! Or I'm watching a dvd and just checked to see if I had any email. :o

Janie Jane 04-16-2006 07:15 PM

Would I :D I was yawning with you chicklet not at you :hug: you're doing a good job, hang in there

mrswookie 04-19-2006 06:24 PM

Knock knock... can I come in?!

Hi all, I'm Jeni and I'm from Hertfordshire.

I'm 33, married to Colin and have a 15 month old son called Matthew. I managed to lose 3 stone a couple of years back just before we got married, but then piled it back on again - and more - during my pregnancy. Now I have 5 stone to lose and I just can't get motivated. I suffer from Post Natal Depression (which I am receiving treatment for but sometimes it rears its ugly head again) and I comfort eat, which doesn't help. I try and do exercise but having a toddler means I am usually sleep deprived and so conk out on the sofa rather than go for a walk or down the gym! Am hoping you can all give me lots of support and motivation and that I can do the same in return!

Jeni x

veggie 04-19-2006 07:08 PM

Welcome to the forum Jeni :wave:

:wel3fc:

Butterflygal 04-19-2006 07:40 PM

Hiya MrsWookie

I'm not too far away from you in Middlesex and totally understand how you feel about having lost the weight and then put it back on again...I'm in the same boat!

Are you following any diet at the moment?

mrswookie 04-20-2006 05:13 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I'm *trying* to follow Weightwatchers, cos it's always worked well for me in the past and I've become a bit of an expert on the points values of most junk food ;). And my motto is, if it isn't in my WW points guide, then obviously it doesn't count. I think that's the wrong attitude though!!