3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello, I'm......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13279-hello-im.html)

Misti in Seattle 05-13-2006 11:39 PM

Hi Tracey and Brenda (and any other newbies I may have missed) -- welcome! I am way on the other side of the water but it's great having you here at 3FC. Jump right in anywhere... it's very friendly!! :dance:

Sarah Ann 05-14-2006 04:47 AM

Hello and :welcome: to Brend and Tracey - and anyone else who is reading this wondering whether to join in or not.

Its lovely having new people posting - come and join us on the monthly chat thread or any of the other threads. We are all in the same boat (although some of us have further to go than others) so we all moan and groan about the same things and celebrate each others victories.

cherry67 05-14-2006 04:50 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies:) gonna check out the other threads,

speak later

Brenda

nospringchicken 05-14-2006 08:58 AM

Ok, I guess I jump in here.
I'm new to this forum, and I have about 7 stone to lose.
I was put on meds that caused a weight gain (boy is that the understatement of the year!) and I'm finding it really difficult to lose the extra weight. I started doing Weight Watchers at home alone in November 2005, but have only managed to lose a little over 1 stone.
I could use a buddy and all the help I can get!

veggie 05-14-2006 09:02 AM

Welcome to the forum spring chicky :D

Misti in Seattle 05-14-2006 09:10 AM

Hi Spring... :welcome3: Great having you here... you'll find lots of support and encouragement!

smtfhw 05-17-2006 04:00 AM

Long rambling introduction ahead!

I'm Stella, I'm 47, 5' 8" tall and now weigh 15st 9 lbs (I started out at 18st 4lbs in January), so I have a way to go, but I'm getting there.

I'm a Technical Writer and part-time Motorsports Journalist and live near Silverstone, in Northamptonshire.

I've always had problems with my weight, mostly for the very simple reason that while my diet is very healthy in terms of content, it hasn't been in terms of quantity.

10 years living and working abroad (in France, Belgium, Austria and the Netherlands) did nothing at all for my waistline (all those airline meals, restaurants and hotels were very enjoyable indeed, but I'm paying for them now). I moved back to the UK at the end of 2004 and decided that I really ought to do something about getting fitter/slimmer. It's taken a year for me to get my head to the right place to actually take action, and on January 16th this year I started my new regime. My resolve was bolstered by the practice nurse at my new GP's surgery, who has been checking my blood pressure and was threatening to put me on medication if it didn't start to improve. As of 17th March this year, she decided that it might not be necessary.

To my surprise, it's been plain sailing so far, though it still remains to be seen how easy it's going to be now the motor racing season has started for the category I'm involved with. Again, there's a lot of travelling and hotels, but I think I can make this work, so long as I keep up the training regime, and stick to counting calories properly. I hired a personal trainer to help me too, and have rediscovered my love of exercise, especially swimming. I've also (foolishly perhaps) recently taken up running.

Misti in Seattle 05-17-2006 08:05 AM

Hi Stella, and welcome! You are off to a great start with the healthy quality of your diet... yah the quantity thing can be an adjustment! Glad you are here!!!

leah_0600 05-21-2006 02:25 PM

Hey i've been posting on a few forums but decided i want to join this one! Mostly cause everyone here seeems really nice and i've chatted to some people who live quite nearby!

I'm nearly 18 (but tend to get on with people older than myself!) , i'm 5'7 and now weigh 10 st 8 but my highest weight has been 12stone and my ideal weight would be 9 stone 11- even if it is a bit of a random number!
I hit my optimum weight whilst in secondary school because of a few bullies (who ironically also bullied me because of my weight) and problems at home.

I started going to weight watchers meetings at the start of the year and lost about a stone, which was good, but i was on the No Count menu plan which started to become kinda boring and i didn't really fancy doing the Full Points. I was starting to lose hope until looking at all the different threads and posts here, which actually really inspired me to keep going with my healthy eating plan, so thanks everyone!

ATM, i'm in Sixth form but will be going to Leeds Uni in September to study Spanish. My family life is kinda weird... my Dad and my little sister live in spain (don't ask...) My older sister is at Uni, and I live with my Mum at home. And my Mum and Dad are 'aparently' still together, but i have no idea how that works out! I have a lovely boyfriend who i've been with for a year and a half, he's really clever and is going to Oxford Uni to study law (how posh & imagine all the shoes i could buy with all his money hehehehe!)
THE END!

p.s sorry for babbling on

Vampiric Addiction 06-17-2006 10:18 AM

Hey
Im Alexandra, 18, and from NE England. (near Newcastle to be more specific)

I weigh far too much (20st 4 lbs... i work in stones then have to convert constantly!)

I'm an out and proud lesbian (except my mother thinks I'm bi... ah well, she'll realise some day!) and a rock chick i guess- I love all things metal and rock- trivium, bullet for my valentine, satyricon, CoF, SOAD, and many many more.

I have unessesary crushes on Jessica Alba, Cristina Scabbia (of lacuna coil), Marta from bleeding through, and Kim from Sugar Rush (the tv show)

If anyone wants to know anything else, i'll happily tell them! :)

veggie 06-17-2006 11:16 AM

Welcome to the forum Alexandra :wave:

YP1 06-17-2006 11:33 AM

Hello and welcome!

peacock 2 06-19-2006 03:42 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope you find it helpful. We are a friendly lot.

Are you going to follow any particular diet plan or just on a reducing regime?

skaytea 06-21-2006 02:22 PM

Hi all,

I've been reading the forums for the past couple of days, but I thought I'd better pop in and introduce myself before contributing. So, hello! I'm Katie, 28, in Dublin, Ireland (hope you don't mind me barging into the UK forum!), and I'm a graphic designer and illustrator.

I've had a weight 'problem' for as long as I can remember: I can't think of a time when I wasn't battling with food. I've been yo-yoing between 11 and 12.5 stone for the past couple of years, which doesn't sound much, but is entirely unfabulous on a 5'1" frame, as my knees are starting to attest to. I tried WW, lost a stone and a half, and then it piled back on again with interest. So, I'm not following any particular diet--just healthy eating and an exercise regime, which I'm still figuring out as I go along (weights are looking slightly less scary now). I want to change my eating habits--lifestyle, in fact--and not think of this as a 'diet', you know? Thankfully, my splendiferous boyfriend and I are in this thing together, so we're acting as each-other's cheerleading squads. I just want to be healthy, fit, active, and able to wear what I want to (okay, I dress like a skater boy, but I'd like to dress like a skater GIRL sometimes, too).

Woah--that was cathartic. ;)

YP1 06-21-2006 02:35 PM

Hi Katie, feel free to hang around here - no problems with barging into the UK forum, we have people from all over posting on here! I'm 28 too, and everyone's very friendly!