3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   UK Fat Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks-75/)
-   -   Hello, I'm......... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/uk-fat-chicks/13279-hello-im.html)

Welshtigger 02-20-2007 12:26 PM

Thanx Veggie-I really need a good kick up the a**e, but just got a new job today, and start tomorrow, and for the first time in years its not been in the food industry so may help!!

YP1 02-20-2007 02:58 PM

Hello Jo - and thanks for the PM :)

Make sure you join in with the chat thread and the Easter challenge, it's really nice to be able to chat away about weight and non-weight stuff. Although if you hang around too long the running madness might infect you ;)

emma237 02-22-2007 04:35 AM

Hello im emma, :)

im 26 and engaged to a lovely man. We are due to get married in 2009. We have a 7yr old son charlie and are hoping to have more. I live in chichester, Sussex. Over the last 7 yrs i have put on 6 stone:o

So as from tonight im joining weight watchers. Its going to be hard, but i have got to do it this time!!! So i will be needing all the support i can get.

I have followed weight watchers twice before, both times getting to a loss of a stone then falling off and giving up. This time though im motivated and determined to stick to it.

Emma xx :)

ClaireMarie123 02-26-2007 07:38 PM

Hi im Claire, I joined because I want to lose weight, but im findin it hard so im wanting extra support, im 5 foot 7 and weight just under 14 stone, my aim fornow is to get down 13 stone, dont wanna say an aim that might take months cos it will be ages b4 i celebrate and I wanna feel like im achievin summat, get to know you all soon hopefully :)

tabitha 03-02-2007 07:43 PM

Hello,

I only stumbled across this site tonight, but it's really impressed me and I want to stay :)

I'm about four stone overweight at 12 stone 5 lb, and bitterly unhappy about it. <-- that's the first time I've admitted to anyone how overweight I am, though I know that it's not exactly something that I can hide. But it's significant to me to admit it, like an AA meeting or something.

I'm happily married to a lovely man who's a wonderful chef and for whom cooking for and generally looking after people is very important. Unfortunately, I'm an eat breakfast, have a big lunch, toast for tea person whereas he barely eats all day and creates amazing banquets for us at dinner time, so I've been eating on my cycle then adding the big dinner at night for several years, and have put on the four stone I'm now finally trying to deal with. I've suggested to him several times in the past that we cook for ourselves for a while to help me lose weight, and he's agreed, but it didn't work out mainly because I felt guilty, but this time we've signed up to it for March to see how it goes. We're still going to have sunday lunch (but at lunchtime, not 8pm) and I'll cook a proper dinner for both of us one night a week when he works late, out of fairness, but I'm really hoping that this will give me the chance to cut out a huge amount of unnecessary calories and start to lose a bit of weight.

We're also going to go for a weekly cycle ride since I've just bought a bike, and we do a bit of walking and also have a rowing machine, so there's no excuse for not exercising :)

I really hope this works out, which is why I've made the commitment of registering for this site and posting this (overlong, sorry) message. I really loathe the way I look, especially since I work with two nice but underweight women who I catch looking at my belly with 'eww' looks on their faces. This fat person isn't me, and being fat has made me far more hostile and defensive and resentful that I could have ever imagined; I want to be the person I could be :)

BritinNJ 03-02-2007 07:50 PM

Hello :wave: :welcome: all newbies...come join in the monthly chat thread and fight the fat with the rest of us.

k8susan 03-02-2007 08:26 PM

Hi I’m k8suan, I'm 27, live Nr London and I have a wonderful 4 year old. I have always had a weight issues but over the last 4 years I have put on 8 + stone. I did Atkins and lost 4st but I just became so ill on it I had to stop and then put it all on again with in two months. Then I moved on to the GI diet with the same sort of results. About three weeks ago I started Weight watchers and have lost almost a stone in 3 weeks. I'm really enjoying the food and fell far healthier eating the weight watchers way than any other eating plan I have been on so far. I only found it in my self to ask the doctor for help with my weight a few days ago and was prescribed Xenical. I sat up all of last night researching Xenical on the web and that’s how I came across this amazing site. It’s lovely to come across such an honest yet supportive community and I hope it will help me on this long road from FAT to healthy.

K8susan xxx

micheleherts 03-03-2007 04:20 AM

Hello Tabitha and K8susan and welcome.

Michele

PinkyPie 03-03-2007 06:21 AM

can I join you girls? you are the closest thing to my time zone :) I'm in the Netherlands :)

micheleherts 03-03-2007 08:52 AM

Hello Velveteen and the the Netherlands

Michele

Melgettinthin 03-04-2007 08:40 AM

Hi I'm Mel

Hi there! I'm Mel. I'm a Chicago girl actually but I've been living in the UK for nearly 5 years (that's what happens when you meet a cute English boy, I guess!). I've got about 6 - 7 stone to lose (I will be weighing myself later today). I'd like so many of the benefits of losing weight, but one I'm thinking of just at the moment is going back to visit my friends in the States and amazing them with my weight loss.

Mind if I join you guys?

micheleherts 03-04-2007 08:52 AM

Hello Melgettinthin this is the place to do it. Welcome

Michele

YP1 03-04-2007 09:22 AM

Feel free to jump in, we have quite a few transatlantic type people, Brits in the US and Americans over here. The chat thread is always a good place to keep up with what's going on with everyone :)

Phudge 03-05-2007 07:36 AM

Hello, where to start on this forum? It's so big, but I'm starting to navigate around it!

I'm Penny and live in the South East with my partner and teenage son. I am trying to lose weight as it has crept up on me over the years. I have always eaten healthily but just a lot too much of it ! :o

My start weight was 19 stone and I now weigh 17 stone 12 lbs. I am losing slowly by re-thinking my eating patterns , not eating out of habit , having smaller portions and no high fat foods.

I'm pleased with what I have lost so far - I can feel my body shape changing - but I thought I would join here to give and get encouragement to keep going.:smug:

Penny

Clydegirl 03-05-2007 09:58 AM

:wave: welcome Penny.