UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 05:20 AM   #16  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Thanks for that BPB - I never knew that skipping was bad for people with hypertension - I could have dropped dead! Oh well.... back to the drawing board...
Old 02-04-2002, 05:52 AM   #17  
Phat Chick

Sarah Ann - hope I haven't scared you off. I was just looking for some stuff a while back on skipping and found this from a couple of American sites. Maybe Stef can advise you on the hypertension/skipping aspect. I would be interested to find out (cause I just skimmed that bit).
Old 02-04-2002, 05:56 AM   #18  
Theres no stopping me now

I've tried skipping but just about killed myself with the effort & to think when I was younger I did it everyday without thinking about it.

It is another one of these things I am going to go back to when I'm a bit fitter. I cannot be beaten by it.

My sister tells me they have hula hoops in 'your more store' just need to get myself into town & pick one up

Carol
Old 02-04-2002, 08:49 AM   #19  

Not sure if we have "your more store" down here Carol - I seem to remember them in Scotland. I'll ask dh - he used to work for "what everyone wants" and they're all the same company. Whenever I hula I get really bad stitch!!

When I get some of this weight off I'm going to get back on my mountain bike - too big for it now - the tyres look flat when I sit on it

Back to aerobics for me tonight I've found a really good low impact class full of old ladies - they actually make me look good
Old 02-04-2002, 10:51 AM   #20  
diva of the diet

S/C/G: 290/223/210

Height: 5ft 10"

We have had a team of people in doing skipping at school. There was a n after school skipping seminar and my son went, they are loving it at the moment (well when they can get into the playground........this awful weather!!)

They are promoting skipping as a way of getting kids to get5 some exercise.I am hopeless. I need one of those spotsbras before I attempt to do any jumping around

Good fun though, I have just seen hula hoops in various sizes hung up outside a toyshop.don't know if I could get one around my middle!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 05:01 AM   #21  
Consistency + Balance

Well, I tried Hula Hooping yesterday - there was a bunch of 'em hung up outside out little hardware shop in the village. I think it is a skill I have lost and will almost certainly never regain! I couldn't even make it go round once.....
Old 02-06-2002, 07:12 AM   #22  

Sarah you are getting to clever were the **** did you find that picture!!!!
Old 02-06-2002, 07:14 AM   #23  

**** is ok then? When I first joined 3fc the thing they used then censored the word damn!
Old 02-06-2002, 08:29 AM   #24  
Theres no stopping me now

Jumping back about a thousand posts.

I put my grapes from my lunch box in the freezer at work. I usually eat the grapes about 3pm - I am a creature of habit. This is the first time I've tried them frozen - sure they will be wonderful. I'm planning on taking them out a few at a time, so they will last all afternoon.

Carol

Last edited by Smiling Sal; 02-06-2002 at 08:32 AM.
Old 02-06-2002, 10:22 AM   #25  
Phat Chick

Hubby and I have been living on frozen grapes recently - thanks for the tip
Old 04-07-2002, 01:50 PM   #26  
Phat Chick

Bumping up to the top as I need some more inspiration, please
Old 04-07-2002, 02:02 PM   #27  
Consistency + Balance

What sort of inspiration would you like.... food type inspiration or exercise type inspiration???

The latest food type inspiration thing I have read is that food that has got lots of chillis in it is more satisfying and also helps burn off fat. Hmmmm! Makes you wonder who all these people are that they test these theories on - it certainly is never me!!

Have you got an Iceland near you? They have got the most amazing frozen fruit mix. I am just having some of it with some Walls soft scoop icecream for dessert.
Old 04-07-2002, 02:21 PM   #28  
Phat Chick

Thanks - should have put food inspiration as I seem to be going over my points, but on stuff that is high in points but has little satisfying effect on me tum!

Is popcorn a good one - the microwave kind?
Old 04-08-2002, 03:20 AM   #29  
Consistency + Balance

I can't help you there.... I've never had microwave popcorn. Those Snackajacks are sort of popcorn-y and they are gorgeous (especially the caramel one - 140 cals a packet and well worth every one!!)
Old 04-08-2002, 06:53 AM   #30  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Thanks for those tips ladies. I'm off to try them out. Loved the sound of that salsa. I have had the munchies for days. By great will power (not to mention an empty fridge) I managed to stay away from food. I didn't breathe in either as I passed the Refinery canteen (locally known as Cholestrol Cottage) - which serves the greasiest food in the North.
I also had a good loss for the week so I'm happppppy happpppy happpppy
That skipping article was really interesting.
Have a good week
Closed Thread