UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-08-2007, 09:36 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 226/234/150

Height: 5ft 7

Default Anyone in the UK on Xenical ?

Hi, I started taking alli 10 days ago so far so good !! My mum lost masses of weight on this last year and has still kept it off, I am very overweight and was starting to get really down so I thought I'd try this,
I lost 5 pounds in the first two days !!!! but nothing since so far, but my clothes feel very loose, I am looking at everything I eat which makes this work for me, I have had no side effects as yet, daren't push it ! I am an ex slimming world consultant so I really should be able to just diet? but it really doesn't work like that unfortunately,
I think the best thing about Alli is that it is like having a slimming club leader with you 24 / 7 telling you not to put that in your mouth! I have never felt really hungry and am so excited to be losing weight again, I hope this stays off this time as I have lost five stone twice in the last 8 years and put it all back on again and more, I'm sure there are many of you who know what that feels like, If I can help anyone out, I'd love to help and would love to have some support too )
Old 07-08-2007, 09:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 226/234/150

Height: 5ft 7

Unhappy sorry xenical not alli

sorry meant I am on Xenical not Alli, I thought it was the same thing after reading a few of the US threads now discovered Alli is the non-prescription one, am taking it under my docs supervision.
I'm such a DURRRGH !
cazie5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:50 AM   #3  

Be careful to take the right one. I don't even know what Alli is so I was already confused.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 09:02 AM   #4  

I was prescribed Xenical at the start of this year and to be honest, I didnt find them any good. If you are on a low fat diet there is no need to take them as the instructions tell you only take one when meal over 'something' grams of fat. Some people swear by them but for me they didnt seem to acheive very much
sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: starting weight 292.5lbs

Height: 5'7

yes i was on it last year and had to stop taking it. I took a really bad reaction was ill covered in a rash and being sick and had a very bad tummy. If you can do it naturally.
Celtic Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:10 AM   #6  
Boxing Clever

S/C/G: 206/206/140

Height: 5'5"

If it helps you to recognise all of those fatty foods that were sliding under the radar before then - go for it hunny!

I have a friend who took Xenical - but as she was a sweet eater - lots of sugar but little fat - it did NOTHING for her either - to her great disappointment.

I discussed it with my GP - but as my food diary shows it is quantity with me - I eat quite a healthy, balanced diet - just I tend to eat of it for 2 - I am not being prescribed it!

Willpower!!!!!
Boxing Clever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:35 AM   #7  

Hi crazee, I am on xenical too. I have been for 2 months now and have lost 23lbs. I am also working out at the gym 3x per week and writing down everything I eat. I couldnt have done this without it, believe me I tried! I've written about it here in more detail.
clairec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 06:56 AM   #8  

hello, I am new but I saw this and had to reply. I have just started xenical, I have only had one mishap, where I thought something was low in fat when it obviously wasn't. I am hoping this works for me. I have lost 5 stone in the past with slimming world but have high anxiety levels so cannot cope with the classes.
Laineyt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 07:11 AM   #9  

hey lainey, good luck! I used to have anxiety disorders too (agoraphobia at one stage) but its all disappeared since I have lost weight. Xenical doesnt stop me feeling hungry but it stops me binging which was my main problem. Good luck!
Old 08-05-2007, 09:39 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laineyt75 View Post
hello, I am new but I saw this and had to reply. I have just started xenical, I have only had one mishap, where I thought something was low in fat when it obviously wasn't. I am hoping this works for me. I have lost 5 stone in the past with slimming world but have high anxiety levels so cannot cope with the classes.
Welcome to the forum Lainey I have a problem going to classes too, I like ones where I can sit at the back and not talk. I've recently started having panic attacks so it's just got worse.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:56 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 290/170/170

Hi, I've finally found some fellow Xenical users with some positive experiences. I've been looking around the web for over a week now and was only reading the horror stories from people using Xenical.

Me, I'm on day 10 and so far so good. No experience of the reported side-effects as seems to be going well. I've lost 23lb in 3 months under drs. supervision and have been prescribed Xenical after my weightloss fell to only 2lb last month despite all my efforts.

I've done WW, SW etc in the past with some success but always return to my old habits. This time I want to do it on my own (with some web support of course)

Kitty

p.s. I only weigh in monthly with the dr. so can't say for certain that the Xenical has helped yet.
KforKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:16 AM   #12  

kforkitty - yeah, xenical has been really good for me! cant praise it enough. ive lost 27lbs now (in 2 months) and am going to come off it as I wasnt using it with every meal anyway. Its definitely helpful where binge eating is a problem.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:05 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairec View Post
kforkitty - yeah, xenical has been really good for me! cant praise it enough. ive lost 27lbs now (in 2 months) and am going to come off it as I wasnt using it with every meal anyway. Its definitely helpful where binge eating is a problem.

Aren't you worried that you'll gain weight when you come off or find it really hard to get to goal. I've just assumed that providing I continue to lose the dr. will precribe me the Xenical until I at least achieve a BMI in the normal range (hence my current 170 goal).

Thanks for your thoughts.

Kitty
Old 08-08-2007, 06:25 PM   #14  

not in the slightest because I am not relying on the xenical to lose my weight for me. I follow a restricted calorie controlled diet and go to the gym 3x per week. Xenical doesnt reduce my appitite so its not going to suddenly increase when I'm off it. Xenical, if anything, was there to give me a kick start. It helped me to overcome the urge to binge eat when faced with an emotional situation. I am no longer in the habit of turning to food when I feel emotional so why would I put the weight back on? There is the possibility that weightloss will slow down but no reason to suspect it will be less than 2lb per week as I am very in control. I have only been taking 1 or 2 per day anyway (recommended is 3 per day) and have come off them now as I no longer feel I need to take them.

Xenical definitely has a place with people who found it hard to lose weight in the past, and if it takes a tablet to lose the weight then so be it. It's not a big deal and I really don't understand why people are so against them when they have such a huge role in helping some excessively obese people. It was that or die slowly and painfully for me and I am glad to say I took the right option.
Old 08-09-2007, 06:07 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairec View Post
Xenical definitely has a place with people who found it hard to lose weight in the past, and if it takes a tablet to lose the weight then so be it. It's not a big deal and I really don't understand why people are so against them when they have such a huge role in helping some excessively obese people. It was that or die slowly and painfully for me and I am glad to say I took the right option.
I hear what you are saying. Other than my DH I've only told one other person I'm taking the Xenical. I'm even having trouble convincing myself that its a legitimate thing to do and I'm not 'cheating' myself. However I knew that I will never get anything close to goal losing 2lb a month and I need to lose quicker, in order to keep me motivated. So I'll keep taking the tablets for now and hope they do the trick.

Kitty