UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:22 AM   #1  
Little Miss Random

Height: 5 ft 6

Default in the wars

lol, as title states....
my weight loss journey has been a bit difficult over the past weeks....
ive developed constipation that hasnt shifted for a week....
touch wood it will now, on my third dose of benefiber....
ive developed increasingly bad toothe ache....
n im scared of dentists, appointment is 31st so im trying to hold out....
ive got dry skin on my knees and elbows from doing my yoga type cool downs on carpet....
and i bruise so easily....
sometimes i think life would have been easier to stay large....
but then i see clothes i used to wear and STILL think all of this is worth the smaller me....
just hope it comes a bit healthier too....

*RANT OVER*
sh3l5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 07:51 AM   #2  
newby

S/C/G: 294/see ticker/190

Height: 6ft 0 inch

the constipation i get sometimes too - i dont know what causes it but it usually passes on it's own. have you eated something recently that you didn't use to? mosto f the time i find that i've eaten something i've not had for a while and that's what causes it.

anyway, buy yourself a mat for your cool down - it'll save on funny looking carpet burns for sure.
rwitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:14 AM   #3  

If it's any consolation, improving your diet will also help you have less dental problems longterm and less cavities. I was also terrified of the dentist and avoided going for years. Finally forced myself to go this year and she took one look at my teeth and said she could tell I'd drastically improved my diet as there was an area of 'arrested decay' which shows where a tooth actually starts to but stops decaying if you improve your diet.

The problems you're getting now will be from your old diet - so if you can get things fixed, less dentist trips in the future!

I since had all my dental work done (painlessly, by a brilliant dentist!) and now am on Denplan which means I will get loads of help keeping my teeth nice. For me, losing the weight was only part of the journey to get healthy - just see your dental adventure as part of the whole thing.
PhatPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote