UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:12 AM   #376  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Good ideas there! Not exactly cheap but very yummy!!!

I'd forgotten about the FD bagels.... I love them with Phily light and grapes and it fits in well with my 'no meat in the week' thing. I've also ordered some l/f mozzarella and growing basil so I can make myself some Greek salads.

Time for lunch before I start dribbling in my keyboard, I think.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:46 AM   #377  

Miche - I dunno what your mum's Gp was playing at? I have the opposite problem. Whatever I go about they only want to know about my BP. Therefore I have to suffer with my periods and they only want to know about my blood pressure swap?
Old 03-29-2007, 09:16 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Peacock my mother needs your GP I think. My mother's CPN should have said something really he knows my mother's BP is very high and being a registered nurse and the fact that my mother is his client I feel he should have said something. Still I am taking her myself today and get it sorted. They also said that her liver function is off and asked if she drank. Now my mother has not touched a drop since 1963, but hey I looked in the BNF and what do I see Ramapril the drug she takes can affect the liver!!! So the Ramapril is clearly not working and now it seems her liver isn't either. Fortunately my hormones are at a reasonably decent level so I shall not be having fisty cuffs with the GP.

My hubby came in the other night and said he had a pressie for me oooh the excitment. It was a frying pan yes you heard right a fecking frying pan. Anyway I said thanks what else could I say. However I just had a fried egg sarnie in my new frying pan oh and what joy it was to cook it. I could slide it around in the pan and when I got it out not a bit stuck to the bottom. I take back the bad words I wanted to use when he presented me with the pan.

Went to the gym this morning had a really good work out I'm a couple of pounds heavier so I decided to try and get back on track today.

Will let you know how I fare with my mother later.

Take care

Michele
Old 03-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #379  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Morning everyone.

Frus what is IE. I know it's probably very obvious

Sarah what about wraps at lunchtime? you can get a lot in them and they are filling.

Michele see your hubby knew how much you love those fried egg sannies Glad you're feeling better hope you get your mum's pills sorted. Sometimes the side effects are worse than the disease they're treating.

I'm off out BBL.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:29 AM   #380  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Sorry - Intuitive Eating, eating when you're hungry and stopping when you're satisfied.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #381  
Consistency + Balance

S/C/G: 18st/12st10lbs/11st3lbs

Height: 5 ft 6 ins

Which is exactly how I put on this lard in the first place....
Old 03-29-2007, 09:39 AM   #382  
spending time aimlessly

S/C/G: 144/141/132

Height: 5'7

I just ate 5 pumpkin and oat ryvitas on their own. They were dry...
My mouth is like a desert. And that was 225 calories

Note to self: don't do that again.
I could have had 3 Thorntons truffles instead.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:48 AM   #383  
aka Superwoman!

I prefer those sweeter Ryvitas. Oh and those pumpkin ryvitas will be FAR healthier for you than thorntons truffles loaded with saturated fat and sugar and hydrogenated vegetable oil and ick like that

Sarah - IE doesnt work for everyone, but I just like the idea of really being in-tune with your bod rather than having to rely on looking stuff up in tables and calculating and faffing on with what I can't and can have for dinner, how much protein in that, how much fat in the other!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:04 AM   #384  
spending time aimlessly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated View Post
loaded with saturated fat and sugar and hydrogenated vegetable oil and ick like that
mmmmmm
saturated fat.... :dribbles:

you're right though, stuff with sugar makes me crazy and then I eat the fridge, so it could have been worse
Old 03-29-2007, 05:05 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 213/166/137

Height: 5 ft

Hello everyone

Saw Ken this evening he is great thank god.

Earlier took my mother to the doctor's we waited for an hour to see her. I told her that I was unhappy that her bp wasn't taken on Tuesday and I think I was a bit curt she got the hump and I got the hump right back. However my mother is now on a water tablet which she says will help it wants to thats for sure.

This evening went to parents evening for the big fella he is doing well although he does talk too much sometimes I cannot think where he gets that from!!

Hubby and I went to change a lightbulb for my parents. My father was on the sofa again with a good few pints of guiness in him and my mother was sitting playing with Kitty the pampered cat. My mother then went over and cuddled my father and he said girl I am in your arms. Then he says Rita my father died in my mother's arms so she says oh don't say that Pat and he says well you'd best go and sit in your own chair then!!

I am still tired from last weekend. How I ever went out every single night and still got up for work when I was a young girl is beyond me.

Right I must head up the wooden stairs.

Goodnight godbless

Michele

Last edited by micheleherts; 03-29-2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #386  

How cute are Michelle's parents???

I feel gross, I had a big lunch and then there was cake at school for someones last day......I couldn't resist. I haven't eaten much besides that but I just feel bloated. I think I walked about 5 miles though, and I'll run tomorrow.

I'm exhausted, excited that tomorrow is Friday, I have only a couple of more weeks and then April break.

I was thinking I needed some new lunches for work, some of these sound good, have to shop this weekend.

Off to the couch....have a great night all.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:43 AM   #387  
aka Superwoman!

It's Friday!

I had a great time kickboxing last night - the bully was sick, only 4 people were in class and it was a good one. Then we actually did some work in the ladies' class. SHOCKER! So I was well happy! AND we finished on time!

And I managed to eat ok. I still felt really nibbly when I got home, but I guestimate cals to be around 1700, so that's FINE by me!

DH wants to go out for dinner tonight, but I said it's a waste of calories and money! Especially if we just go to spoonies or somewhere!!!! I don't mind going out with a lot of people, or to somewhere where they do slap-up gastro-pub type food, but if we just go out to the "everything n chips" places then it's a total waste! We might end up going to the theatre or something if he finds something he wants to do, but I'm not 100% bothered about going out.

I've got a kickboxing grading tomorrow. Unfortunately I'm not taking a test Because I'm not really ready yet and it would be fairly hard to do the stuff I have to do for Brown belt in a grading situation. I think I've just about finished standing up and doing stuff in front of people, now the belts are a bit like "coursework" Oh but Lee says I might end up doing a demonstration of my last grading! So that will be fun! I might forget it all, or fall over or something!

Then tomorrow night we're off to a wedding I did buy a slinky ankle-length backless black dress but I think if might be a bit OTT, so I'm going to go in a shorter, girlier dress methinks. I have 3 or 4 to choose from, so that will be ok. I just hope I don't feel like a heifer in them! My arms are very thick at the moment (muscle) and I might just drown the cute little straps!

Sunday I hope we get a nice lie in bed all day! I'll flippin well need it! We're off to Cornwall for Easter weekend - no rest for the wicked!
Old 03-30-2007, 04:34 AM   #388  
spending time aimlessly

Can I start again please?

Last night I did my elliptical work out... good
Then I dined virtuously on bean salad and veggie hotdogs... good
Then I decided to open a bottle of wine... bad
I drank the entire bottle... really bad
Then I ate everything in the house except the carpet... so, so bad

Old 03-30-2007, 04:41 AM   #389  
aka Superwoman!

Ah never mind - today's a new day. It's Friday - grab a healthy brekkie and a healthy lunch and don't open the wine....
Old 03-30-2007, 06:03 AM   #390  

Piddling - why what's wrong with your carpet??? Think of all that fibre!!

Miche - again, you Dad just cracks me up! What a romantic fool (not!). Reminds me of a photo of my mum and Dad. She is sitting on his lap and he has his eyes stuck......on the TV! His great love..next to the computer of course!
Closed Thread