Old 11-25-2006, 02:12 AM   #46  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz View Post
=last night my gay friends and i made our fruitcakes----
giggle.

I'm so childish.

It's great to have DD home, but she is mostly doing homework this weekend. She will be so glad when she is done with that computer course, it's not even funny. She seems to enjoy her other classes, but that programming class is a doozy. She will be spending most of the rest of the weekend on it. Next week however, she will be skipping some classes (she already wrote an essay in lieu of attending one of her classes) to work on the college musical. She is running the sound board for the production.

I'm tired. Goodnight.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #47  
fatter than U

Talking encore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
Next week however, she will be skipping some classes (she already wrote an essay in lieu of attending one of her classes) to work on the college musical.
Kiwi
Good for her. Forget computer programming - that girl belongs in the theatah!

Nothing going on here. Should be ironing but am aimlessly surfing the net instead.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:07 PM   #48  
Member w/ messiest house

Hi kids!

My kiddo is off to school again. I will get to see her once before Christmas vacation, I think. Her Kathak dance class has an open house in 2 weeks, and do you think I would drive all the way down there to see it? Well, of course I would.

Hope you all had a good holiday weekend. Or just a good weekend. Or whatever. It is still beautiful weather here; a little chilly, but it looks more like late September than late November. Weird. And the lake is totally full to overflowing. Like it is in early spring. Maybe we just skipped winter this year

Kiwi
Old 11-26-2006, 07:12 PM   #49  
loves kleenex box art

I asked ds if he would join a dance group so I could come see him perform before Christmas. He said I could see him anyway. But doing what? Gracefully leaping around on a stage or gazing at a physics book?

He and LCP were here for days and it was wonderful. Both were so sweet and adorable and smart. They banter about math equations and proper usage of long words I never heard of. This girl will not keep him from his school work. She'll add to it.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:27 PM   #50  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

wow!!!! i think that is so cool that ds found a woman who suits him that well----imagine bantering about math equations!!! impressive---glad you had a great visit with your kids -----what's sweeter than that!!!! i had a cool experience this evening----dd and one of my best friends and i were out on a walk along the trail that runs along the Bay of Fundy and SOMEONE !!!! has found a way to light a christmas tree overlooking the ocean!!! i have no idea where the electricity is coming from ---but to see that sweet tree with the ocean in the background---it was magical~~~!!!!!! one more thing---i am in love with this tv commericial and then dd found the entire song for me----if anyone wants to see it---it's so cute-----------the commericial is at
http://www.filemobile.com/
community/medi
a/34884? and the song is at http://profile.myspace.com
/index.cfm?fus
eaction=user.viewprofile&f
riendID=127168
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:55 PM   #51  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
He said I could see him anyway. But doing what?
FENCING!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
He and LCP were here for days and it was wonderful. Both were so sweet and adorable and smart. They banter about math equations and proper usage of long words I never heard of. This girl will not keep him from his school work. She'll add to it.
That is so nice. Pretty cool when kids have the good luck or good sense to find people who will enhance their lives! It's the same with DD; bf was over here Saturday commiserating with her while she did her dreaded computer lab, then she went back to his house to help him with a music theory assignment--he needed to record a vocal counterpoint part, so she sang it for him.

Glad you had such a nice holiday weekend!

Hi Bagzie, that is really neat about the tree. I'll bet there are battery operated lights you can use for something like. Somebody's very creative!

Kiwi
Old 11-28-2006, 07:41 AM   #52  

How Now pretty cows

Peachie: How Adorable ... I get a mental picture of that cute couple who star in "Numb3rs" Such smarties! I could have really used their brain cells yesterday... I had to do a bunch of math crap.. formulas involving square roots and algebra.. All hail Wikipedia for helping me member how to do this stuff...

Bagz... You live in such a cool place! The commercial is cute...but I couldnt get to the song.. cant wait to see pics of the shop!!!!

Kiwi: programming that takes a certain kinda person ... I took Java and had to program a tic tac toe game... Exxxcruciating!!! Painful!!!! The most "fun" I had was selecting the colors for my X's and Os...

Wabby--did you get all this snow I see on the mornin news??? They say that WA and OR got a blizzzzzard!!!!!

Sug: Has the holiday baking begun yet????

Thanksgiving was quiet... I hate that about living so far from family... but, DH had me make a 20 pound turkey --as he loves leftovers...I drank a bottle of wine and paid dearly for it the next day
I'm not decorating this year as we are heading to Jersey from the 23rd to the 3rd..I do have this small silver tree that changes colors ... a real throwback to those 60's kitschy tinfoily trees with the tri color wheel I think I'll just throw that up .. and some little knickknacks..

Ok Cowsies, back to the

my brain hurts
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 07:48 AM   #53  
loves kleenex box art

Shots, solve for X.

If X miles of stuff that Peaches has not looked at since moving into house sit in extra bedroom, and Peaches takes out two handfuls of stuff a day, How many days will it take Peaches to finish? And how much help does she need? Mental and otherwise.

Where's Wabbo. Doesn't she check in on Mondays?
Old 11-28-2006, 08:45 AM   #54  
fatter than U

Cool pfffttttt

Still cranky. Meh.

Peachy - for every handful of your stuff, I have two. How many handfuls will I have when both trains meet in the middle?

Holiday baking will commence this week, I think. Like anyone around here needs more cookies, but oh well. Am still holding at 10 lbs lost and will try not to explode over Christmas.

TONS of snow in Vancouver. People are wearing snow boots with their shorts. Have heard that latte macchiato is in short supply. The horror.

I need to go make some lists like Lushbat used to do. SOMEtimes I get stuff done when I make a list.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 01:10 PM   #55  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi View Post
..I do have this small silver tree that changes colors ... a real throwback to those 60's kitschy tinfoily trees with the tri color wheel
I want one a them thangs! I remember one year back around 1970 when my parents used to have big open house parties at Christmas time, we had our big natural tree in the living room and they put a smaller tree in the "rec room" which was spray painted white or silver or something and decorated all weird. I thought it was embarrassing at the time. But now I want one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
Peachy - for every handful of your stuff, I have two. How many handfuls will I have when both trains meet in the middle?
I have several trainloads of junk. Speaking of trains, I went out this morning to throw the ball for Jet and a train came by without blowing its whistle first. Jet started down the hill after it. Scared the out of me, but I yelled NO at her and she stopped and considered it for a moment and then came running back and jumped up on the steps for me and sat until the train was gone. Good doggie. (Although I think she decided it was a little too big for her to catch).

Later darlings
Kiwi
Old 11-28-2006, 10:25 PM   #56  
loves kleenex box art

When I yell NO, my cats say "What's all that racket?"

Have you all admired pictures of ds and lcp on blog? I'm so proud.

I wish I had something ANYTHING to say. I have no garden. Don't bake. Don't have grandbeautifulbaby. No puppy. No shop in lovely fogland. .... I may cry.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:20 AM   #57  

Peach! I went to your blog and that pic is a keeper put in frame type of keeper! ! LCP and DS look so good together... I also love your socks darling!!! And you look so very pretty with the Eagle!!!!!!!

You knit, you teach, You're a mom and a friend and You make me laugh,
Old 11-29-2006, 08:37 AM   #58  
loves kleenex box art

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP View Post
How many handfuls will I have when both trains meet in the middle?
Sugar, this disturbs me. In the U.S. the trains always passed on separate tracks. In Canada, do they come to a crashing end, falling off the bridge, folding up like an accordion, just for the sake of accurate measuring?

Shots, the beautiful picture is out of focus. I can't fix it. I couldn't get it sharp even though I took it over and over as they worked on a crossword puzzle.

I have to get ready to go to work. Isn't it nice to sleep in??? I wanna do that.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:48 AM   #59  

Focus schmocus... it looks like a artsy in the fog pic
Old 11-29-2006, 09:49 AM   #60  

Peach is there something wrong with your gmail account?? check, I get returned mail ...