Old 11-17-2006, 12:42 PM   #16  

We have cable tv w/ on demand programming, which means there are some shows that you can watch like a dvd - you can start them or stop them or rewind them. They have some Leslie Sansone walking programs that I do sometimes. They have one Turbo Jam show. I've been trying to do the Turbo Jam, but I've only gotten through the first 10 minutes. I'm trying to figure out if it's b/c I'm out of shape or because (Peaches don't smack me) I'm old!!!! Do you think if I keep working at it I could actually manage to do the entire thing?? I'm seriously thinking of buying the Turbo Jam dvds. It doesn't seem to require the coordination that the Firm tapes do........ or should I figure if I'm over 50 I should get the Sit and Be Fit tapes?

I've got to remember to buy canning jars. Remember weeks ago when I was supposed to buy my pears for Ginger Pear Butter? Well I finally did last weekend and now I have a bunch of overripe pears I have to get processed before the fruit flies take over. That's my exciting friday night.

Peach, the only problem w/ the clutter-trash basket is sometimes it's hard to tell them apart..........you can't believe everything those little 4 yr olds tell you. My friend's little girl told her Grandma that her mommy (my friend) wouldn't read any stories to her. Grandma was aghast and thought the little girl was being neglected. Little girl forgot to say her mommy wouldn't read a bedtime story until she brushed her teeth first. Kids. Speaking of such, enjoy DS and lcp while you have them, Peachpie.

I suppose I'm too late to say Bon Voyage to Kiwi -----
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #17  

Oh Dear lord, you girls have me on the floor

Here's a hysterical article about Fritolays new healthy snack foods... It's got some rough trucker language so if that bothers you .... be forewarned... I near peed myself!
http://www.theonion.com/content/node/54916
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 08:57 PM   #18  
loves kleenex box art

I think that Fritolay thing is from Paintyville.

Lies needed please:

1. Had a manadatory class this weekend Friday night and Saturday all goldurned day. Went there. Didn't take the official paper that said what suite number ... it's a huge strip mall ... and didn't find it. Should I say I got sick on the way? "I forgot the instructions" doesn't sound good.

2. Have an interview for a real teaching job Tuesday morning. Should I go? I like this job fine but teaching is more $ and fewer hours and all that. Should I admit they'll hire somebody subbing for them and it would be a waste of time? Or what lie should I use to go?

I suspect that Shots is finding it so funny that my house is a mess. I have noticed that neatniks think that is joke. Remember when Lush used to post lists of what should was gonna do and all the people would post how funny they were when they are ACTUALLY WHAT SHE WAS GONNA DO. 1. change laundry to dryer; 2. vacuum public rooms .. etc.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #19  
Member w/ messiest house

I am back! What a day. Or 2 days I don't know. We left yesterday at 9 am, picked up dd'sbf'smom, let's just called her T, dropped Jet off at the vet (our vet is an hour away and yes, it's the closest one, you'd think I lived in Montana or something), drove to southern Maine, picked up BF, and finally got to Tufts at 4 PM. BFtw also drove up and met us, and we all took DD out to dinner in Cambridge. DD had to get back to the auditorium well before the performance started, so she and BF went back and the rest of us took the subway to the North End and our favorite bakery. We bought a dozen cannoli for Thanksgiving, and a treat for each of us for later. Truly decadent stuff, half of mine is still in the box waiting for me to finish it.

Then we went back to school for the dance performance. It was soooo good!! Absolutely incredible the talent and creativity there -- there was a dance troupe (actually a student club) that put on the show and their dancers, mostly modern and jazz, performed in about every other number. In between were the "guest" clubs, also entirely student run, each doing one performance. DD's Irish dance club was on 2nd, and they were great -- she was so grown up and poised up there, it just blew me away. Their piece was way too short, I wanted to watch it again! They also had a stomp type group, a step-dance group which was indescribable, sort of precision hip-hop or something, really wow! And improv, and Latin jazz, and mime, and a bollywood type group and more. All very entertaining and extremely good. Amazing the participation in this thing, and none of these kids were doing any of this for academic credit, these clubs are all extra-curricular.

Anyway, we hung around to eat our fab desserts and then said goodbye to DD. BFtw went off in one direction and we headed north. We had to switch off in Portland so BF could pick up his car, so he and his mom went in his car, and DH and I in ours. I decided I would need wait around in the Vet-town to pick up the dog (they opened at 8am) so we met up there and I sent DH home with them and I took a very very cold nap in the car while waiting for the vet to open up. And then I got Jet and brought her home and climbed into my cozy warm bed and didn't get up until about an hour ago. And now it's almost dark. Where did my Saturday go? It's the first dry day in a week and I wasted it.

Don't you just love my blow by blow accounts of every damn thing I do? You do realize that you are my captive audience for my diary, right? God I'm a bore.

Love the FritoLay article. I totally agree with them. Have you tried those puffed veggie worm shaped things? Taste like packing pellets.

I'm glad we can amuse Schatzi while we try to work out our messiness. Neat people are a total mystery to me. I like neatness, but it eludes me. Some of my best friends are cleanies. Too bad it hasn't rubbed off.

Here's my recommendations for lies, Peachie:
1 -- I couldn't find it, I looked everywhere. Won't make you any worse than I forgot the instructions and sort of unloads the responsibility onto the obscurity of the location.
2 -- I have an appointment, can I have the morning off? And when they ask what kind of appt., your response is "Oh, you know" and Not really a lie, just a "misdirection". Also perfectly legitimate, in my opinion.

By the way, since you already have a teaching job, they will probably want to hire you -- you know, just like they'll give you credit if you don't need it.

Gotta go rescue the pupster from the dark yard.

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:06 PM   #20  
loves kleenex box art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk View Post
I like neatness, but it eludes me.

Kiwi
How do you do that quote thing? This was a lot of work. I like neatness, too. It's nice but sort of like Prince Charming ... it isn't for me.

I spent the day learning about little kid education. Was good.

DS has told me what he wants for Christmas and wants to know what I want. All I know is NOT a cat. Did you read those Scientology marriage vows? Cats are mentioned as something the "girl" might need.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #21  
loves kleenex box art

I am invoking the spirit of Wabby. Not the one she's using, her extra spirit, and we are starting to clean.
OOooOOOOOO O Wab Spirit Take Hold Of This Vacuum OooOOOoOO

ONE CD LATER The S-o-W and I made a dent in the lr. S-o-W left me for a bit when I took some clothes out of the dryer. "You're Supposed to Stay on Task," I could hear her scolding. I am thinking of calling up the S-o-S (Shots) but am concerned about what would happen when a spirit passes out from shock. I will stay with my bud, S-o-W, right after this break for a snack.

Last edited by Cowpernia; 11-19-2006 at 09:09 AM.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:16 AM   #22  
loves kleenex box art

The S-o-W and enjoyed Rosemary Clooney singing Cole Porter and we picked up some odds and ends hiding behind furniture on the floor. I need more help though. How can I reach Mary Poppins?

Should I go to this interview tuesday?:
PROS:
More $
Better benefits

CONS:
Would like to make a difference where I am
Unlikely to get the job
Would leave understaffed center more understaffed and would feel guilty
Beginning to get comfy where I am

OK, I am using S-o-B (Bagz) this time. We are going into the kitchen.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #23  
loves kleenex box art

S-o-B was not good at all. Bad bad bad. Turned off Cd and sat down in front of puter and answered emails.

C'mon S-o-W ... to the br.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:50 AM   #24  
loves kleenex box art

Not getting far enough. TAking a break then going to beg S-o-s to help. Maybe Shots herself could come over. I am so tired.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #25  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia View Post
How do you do that quote thing?
What are you talking about? Hit the Quote button. I've seen you do it. Are you talking about splitting up the quote into separate boxes the way I do here-->
Quote:
click on the arrow so you see which one I'm talking about
That actually is a lot of work, you have to copy the quote and paste it as many times as you want different quote boxes and then cut out what you don't want on each one.

I went out for a long walk -- really more of a hike -- with Jet and 6 other dogs, 2 other people, this morning. I'm wiped. Jet is still raring to go. I love the puppy, but we are not a very good match for energy level.

I hope you have accomplished lots so far, Peachie. I've done a load of laundry. Whoopdedoo. I can see why you are having trouble deciding about the interview, but it really can't hurt to apply and see what happens. You certainly can't be blamed for trying to earn more money, although if you love the job you have and can get by on the salary, I guess you might not want to change anyway. You could always stick with this for a while and apply for another job down the road.

Of course, you knew that...

I downloaded some photos from my camera. I'll put up a couple from the dance show. DD's group did special makeup for it. Cute, eh? Like the way the red-eye matches the makeup? She did her hand because she was bored waiting backstage... The stage shot is the best I could do during the performance, but that's DD right in the middle.

Kiwi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PB170382crop.jpg (48.7 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Kiwonk; 09-27-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:18 PM   #26  
loves kleenex box art

DDGoofy is beautiful. I have been summoning up S-o-G in between cleaning just for someone to tak e breaks with. We went to the store and got Yohos and Chips. Did you know Kiwi likes Yoohoos? She does. I swear.

There is so much to clean. I hate it. What does Shots do? Does she ever find a pile of dirty dishes in the sink? How would she handle it? Ohhhh, Shots, how do you do this?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #27  
Member w/ messiest house

Goofy likes YooHoo and HoHos. Therefore, Goofy must like Yohos. Also chips.

I am curious too. I don't have any ambition for cleaning. When I think I will start cleaning, usually I don't get any further than emptying the dishwasher or doing a load of laundry or wandering around looking for a place to put something. I spend a lot of time staring at messy places feeling clueness.

(Warning -- grossness)
By the way, the cat threw up last night and the dog ate it. This is what I call delegating responsibility. If I were still counting System Goddess points, I would take a point for that.

DD spent 12 hours yesterday working for the univ. event staff, setting up and lugging equipment and selling tickets etc for the symphony orchestra concert. She ought to get a tidy paycheck for that stint.

Later dearies
Kiwi
Old 11-20-2006, 02:44 PM   #28  

Quote:

Don't you just love my blow by blow accounts of every damn thing I do? You do realize that you are my captive audience for my diary, right? God I'm a bore.
No, you're not a bore, and yes I do love your blow by blow accounts.

It's no wonder I didn't get any housework done this weekend - my spirit was off helping Peach....... actually I cleaned house on Saturday, but by Sunday I'd mostly managed to wipe out any progress in that regard. I made my Ginger Pear butter on Sunday, but I'm sad to report it turned out too runny as opposed to gooey. Maybe I should just label it Ginger Pear syrup --- except it's not quite that bad. It still tastes yummy. I also made the world's toughest pot roast along w/ the world's driest potatoes. The cooking Gods were against me.

I babysat Kayden on Saturday because it was DS & wifey's first anniversary. She was good as gold the whole time, but when I left she started crying. She didn't want her Grandma to leave. For some reason this made me happy --- isn't that terrible?
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:59 PM   #29  
Member w/ messiest house

Aww, little Kayden loves her Grammie!! Of course you are thrilled at that (even though I know you don't want her to cry)!

It was nice of you to lend your household skills to Peachie this weekend. Apparently she should have done some cooking too, since she must have had your culinary skills as well!

Wow, first anniversary, amazing!

My nephew is home for Thanksgiving--this is the Marine who returned from Iraq last spring. He was supposed to come home for Christmas, but it looks like he will be re-deployed to Iraq instead. They had told him he wouldn't be going back. Stupid stupid government .

Gotta go accomplish something before it is completely dark. I think I'd really better get going on this 21-day challenge (getting to sleep earlier) -- I'm wasting too much daylight because I go to bed too late at night!

Kiwi
Old 11-20-2006, 07:26 PM   #30  
loves kleenex box art

Wabby's spirit did help but has a short attention span. Why didn't Shots help? I mean with a name like S-o-S, Shouldn't she be required to come to my aid?

Hi to DNKiwi and sorry the stupid government is so stupid.