Old 11-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #61  
kitty Momo

awwww, just want to check in and say hello! I will have to play catch up later over the weekend.
Though wonderful on the DASH diet Katy!! I agree with Cristi getting the outside help will be a plus. BK is fine, I have a 10:30 speech appt for Gaby though on Saturday and Sunday is probably out with church. Maybe the following weekend?Would love to get the girls together.

Michelle - thinking of you

I am sorry about Josh Cristi. How long is he enlisted for?

Julie!! hey missy. lol...........omg! I almost forgot. I am going to Hawaii January 25th!! He bought tickets for Gaby and myself to go over for 2 weeks.It will be great to see him again and have some r&r.

catch up later!!!!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:12 PM   #62  
RosieKate

Me again!

Cristina
- When does Josh get to come home for some R & R? I bet you can't wait! Are there other families in your area that are supporting their children in Iraq that you can hook up with? I bet you could help each other alot, particularly through the holidays. Have fun at OG, but don't take that endless bread stick thing too seriously The dash diet is the diet that the USDA food pyramid is based on, so if you go to www.mypyramid.gov, you can get lots of good diet info

Susan- Yay for Hawaii! I was wondering if you and Rocky were still planning visits and such. emphasis on the "and such" BK would be great, but lets do something after the 11th. My son has soccer til then, so Saturdays are busy and we have church on Sundays also.

Jules - glad your DD found a place. It's great to see her getting on her feet after a tough year and making a go of it on her own.

Leigh is very cute - has to check with me every day to make sure she's still 5 - hee hee

We found out today that we need a new oven - yuck. Well, we will probably bite the bullet and get a really good one so we won't have to swap out in another ten years. Is it just me or is ten years a pretty lame-*** excuse for a stove life expectancy? I guess people get what they pay for and this was a pretty routine no-frill electric stove...oh well. I just long for the days when appliances didn't have this planned obsolescence built into them..can't things be made well anymore?

OK - enough huffing and puffing for one night. I bought some Caesar salad from Costco today and boy is it yummy...I'm having it with some roasted chicken and a nice shiraz. I thinks its PMS - just got a huge craving for a full-on Caesar salad. So I indulged.
Old 11-02-2006, 09:48 PM   #63  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Hi Ladies -- Today was a very sad day with the memorial service, but it went very nicely. There were many kind people that loved my mom and it really showed today. There were many tears shed, but I felt very close to her. I feel so exhausted tonight and I have a bad headache so I'm going to head for bed early.

SUSAN...Thank you for thinking of me, you're a sweetheart. Also, so glad you and Gaby get to go to Hawaii in January for some rest and relaxation.

CRISTINA...Thank you for your kind words, thoughts and prayers, I really appreciate them and your friendship.

JULES...So glad your DD got moved and is in a place that she will feel more comfortable now. Atleast she's settled and you don't have to worry about that anymore.

KATY...I have heard of another lady doing the Dash Diet and she liked it. Good luck and I can't wait to see your progress.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:31 AM   #64  
ugggg.....

Well yesterday was fun with laughing and joking with my daughter but we had a few minor/major blips. We will finish up today and do cleaning the best we can with a couple of jugs of water since the roomate turned the water off on Tuesday, electric is scheduled to go off today. The truck I borrowed sits a little higher than most and has an extra long bed. It was kind of scary at first especially when I had to fill up with gas when I first got it and the backing up took some getting used to. My daughter kept singing Gretchen Wilson's Redneck Woman. She said she wants a big truck again or at least a smaller Toyota with a lift kit, she had wanted one for years after seeing a petite woman who owned one down in NC while vacationing with her grandparents. She thought it looked cool. The guy who owns the truck I borrowed owns a company that does springs and lift kits and there have actually been Monster trucks worked on there.

Well I am off to go ahead and get the boxes myself--there are none that are really heavy. Did I mention I am already sore...I should be not able to get out of bed tomorrow....I think I will skip the gym today--I have had a really good workout just climbing in and out of the back of the truck and moving everything!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 07:48 AM   #65  
ugggg.....

Michelle-your daughters are so beautiful---just like their Mom. I hope you don't end up with a migrane. Yes, I will be able to stop worrying about where dd is going to live, but I am sure a worrier like me can find someting else to stress myself over!!

Katy--you will have to keep us posted with your Dash Diet. Before Montgomery Ward closed it's doors my Mom had to replace the fridge that she had for over 30 years which she had purchased at MW in the 60's. The older guy that delievered the new one took one look at the old big, maroon one and asked how long she had it and then said not to expect this one to last as long, since they don't make things like they used to, that if you get 10 to 12 years out of an appliance, you have done well and nothing made today will last over 30 years like in the "old" days when things were made to last.

SuzyQ--Hawaii in January sounds nice. Do you usually get alot of snow in the winter? R & R...is that what we call it .....(j/k) Have you ridden on any motorcycles yet?

Cristina--I love OG, especially their salad dressing, I don't go often but always come home with a bottle of dressing when I do. When does Josh get his two week leave? Jason is coming from OK at Christmas, he will be hanging out with my kids and get to see his. His gf had their two kids before he turned 17, she's a few years older than him and the kids stay with her mom who is like another mom to Jason and his brothers who had really bad parents. DS talked to Tony, but forgot to get the address or his email, but he's okay.

Bep--yeah on the one pound. Come back and stay longer!!
Old 11-03-2006, 04:46 PM   #66  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Howdy Ladies...

To answer your questions about Josh...no clue when he will be home for some R&R. He put in for December, January or February so more than likely it will be March, lol! That's the Army for ya. Poor kid needs a break though.

KATY...I've not found a support group yet. But then I kind of have. Okay, so I looked and looked and looked and nothing. Then last night as I was reading the paper, there's a section called Community and what do I come across? A meeting for Blue Star Mothers on the 13th. I can't tell you how much I looked and how many people I contacted trying to find something in this area. I still don't know where it is yet as I have to call to RSVP if you will. It is a Chick Flick and Chili night for mother's who have a son or daughter in Iraq or Afghanistan. Little Leigh sounds so cute...can't believe she is 5 already!

SUSAN...I too was wondering if you and Rocky were still in touch. I think a trip to Hawaii is just what you and Gaby need! Umm, can I tag along? Hawaii in January sounds so nice and warm. Josh has another 2 years in the Army, another 7 months in Iraq. Unless they change that again. Was 14 months and then they changed it to a year so we'll see.

MICHELLE...glad the memorial went well. Isn't it nice to see that so many loved and cared about your mom? I love you new avatar and picture in your siggy. Your DD's ARE beautiful!

JULES...good deal that DD is getting settled in her new place. And glad you guys had fun with the moving and cleaning. Sounds like she is in great spirits. Glad Jason will get to see his kids for Christmas and hang around with you all. And...glad Tony is doing well. I remember MW. When I was first married we bought a vacuum cleaner and a lawn mower from them that I loved. The vacuum died a few years later but we had that lawn mower for 12 years. It was funny because DH refused to get a new one even though the handle had fallen off and a couple of other things. Well, when the handle fell off I thought YAY! we're going to get a new mower. NO...he welded a handle on and it lasted a few more years. But ya know what? When he died that lawn mower did too. It never started again after he was killed...so weird but true.

Anyway, better get going ladies before I start babbling more, lol. Take care and I hope everyone has a great weekend!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #67  
ugggg.....

We are done and the place looks so much better than when they moved in--dd says she is kind of sad, she loved that little house, the layout of it and the colors they picked to paint it, won't miss the nasty neighbors on the one side, the crummy landlord or the creepy basement that they found out has mold--no wonder both of them were having allergy issues.

I am so sore....I don't think I will be able to move tomorrow--I can't believe that we did it ALL ourselves.....DH didn't even offer to help today while he was off....

Cristina- My DH is just like your first was..he fixes everything--hates to buy new..

Goodnight ladies..I brought pizza home for me and DH...I am definitely too tired to cook...
Old 11-04-2006, 01:24 AM   #68  
One day at a time

Did someone say pizza? After all you and DD did JULES, I wouldn't cook either! I bet DD was a little sad to leave the house, you guys did so much work to it. But considering the bad neighbors, the dummy landlord and the mold, it's probably a good thing she got out when she did. I hope she will love her new place as much!

Was up late so thought I would check in. Trying to wait until I am really sleepy before going back to bed. DH has been snoring a lot the last few days because he is dog tired. I've been falling asleep fine but then wake up at 1 a.m. and have a hard time getting back to sleep. So I thought I would try to make it to 1 and then go to sleep, lol.

HI to everyone

Have a good weekend ladies!
Old 11-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #69  
ugggg.....

Cristina--Does your DH not believe it when you say he snores...mine always denies he does it--there have been nights I have had to start out sleeping on the couch because he so loud!!
Old 11-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #70  

Hi Ladies -- Sorry, but I'm just not feeling up to much today and I hate to even come here and be such a downer. Today will be yet another sad day. My sister is coming over later this afternoon when she gets done with all of her appointments, to go through 20 boxes of my mom's things, so we can divide them up between us. It's so hard right now, because all of the boxes are stacked in my living room, and to know all of my mom's memories and belongings are there is so sad. This has been another hard week with her memorial service and moving all of her stuff out of her apartment, and it has brought me very down again. The only thing I keep trying to do is take it one day at a time, and I rely on my faith and family so much. I just miss my mom so much, and I know I cannot wish her back on this earth, with all the pain she was in every single day, but I just wish one more time to talk with her, and hug and kiss her. Thank you ladies for letting me keep talking about this, because I know I must be a downer quite a bit lately, but I don't know what else to do right now. I hope all of you have a nice day!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:17 AM   #71  
RosieKate

Hi Michelle - hope it went well yesterday ..we are all here for you - this is a great place to to just get it all out.

Ok - I bought the new stove. Since we decided on an electric coil, we went ahead and bought a microhood as well. Yay- more counter space. The guys are making great progress on the bathroom....It a race round here to see if the new bathroom can be finished before the plumbing breaks down on the old bathroom.

Jules- When DH snores I roll him onto his side and it stops. Dunno why that works, but he doesn't mind because he knows that I am a light sleeper. He also doesn't snore every night thank goodness.

Hi to everyone else!
Old 11-05-2006, 09:37 AM   #72  
ugggg.....

Michelle--just call us your group therapy....every death is hard in it's own way. Just take it step by step and keep moving forward. The boxes in the living room would definitely have an effect on me and the sooner you get them divided and put away or items to goodwill, the better since it is upsetting you as a constant reminder.

Katy--I tryto move hubby but he is such a light sleeper/insomniac he gets mad if I wake him. I have to agree I am thankful that it is an occasional thing rather than a nightly one. I am all for more counter space--in my small kitchen it is tight. Big holiday dinners are rough.

DD is off next Thursday and Friday and her and her little dog may be spending the night with us at least one of those. The new roomate and her boyfriend argue alot more than she thought that they did and both are trying to pull her in the middle--she is going to sit them both down and tell tham they need to grow up--she says she feels like a parent already and she has enough problems of her own. The one fear that DD had was that the friend is very dramatic and DD tried her hardest to get her own place and not live with any of the "couples" that had a spare room and wanted help with the bills. She says she will try to make the best of it but she is putting back the maximum amout into savings and is going to continue looking for something more affordable on her own. We haven't checked out the apartments in the town that I work, only looked at the apartment complex that accepts pets and she had to take a two bedroom which is a little pricey on her income by herself. I hope that the three of them can work it out and she can be there for at least a year. I still want her to just move home, but DD & DH don't see that happenning.

Well I gotta get going, I need to get the rest of her stuff that we dropped off here put away and go to the grocery store since I didn't make it on Friday. DS & his gf are coming out today.
Old 11-06-2006, 12:05 AM   #73  

KATY...I know that it's easy for me to talk to everyone here, but sometimes I feel like I'm dragging others down with me. Thank you for making me feel like it's okay to keep talking, even if it's mainly about my mom right now.

JULES...I do feel like it's therapy a lot of the time when I can come here and talk. The boxes in the living room were hard to have just sitting there, and I had to push my sister a little bit, but I'm glad it's done now. Our living room looks so pretty with her curiel cabinet and china in it, plus I have one of her pretty throw blankets and pillow on the top of my couch. That's great that your DD and her dog will be able to come stay a night with you this week. My DD is off Thursday and Friday also, and my DH is off Friday, so we're taking DD to a college visit that day from 9-2.

HELLO to everyone else, and I hope all of you are doing good! Besides sorting everything out yesterday, I have just stayed home all weekend, except DH and I went grocery shopping tonight. He had the flu really bad a couple weeks ago, and now he's got a horrible cold, so I think he may be staying home tomorrow. We got some cough syrup and cough drops tonight so hopefully that will help him out, because he sounds miserable.
Old 11-06-2006, 01:59 PM   #74  
One day at a time

Hello ladies...

JULES...DH does believe me when I saw he snores but, he doesn't believe me when I say it is really bad, loud. I told him I am going to record it some night. It's not an every night thing, or I am just too tired some nights I am out before it gets bad. It's really bad when he is really tired. Well, I do hope DD is going to be able to stay there for a while. It's terrible when others put someone else in the middle of their arguing. Hopefully when she talks to them it will open their eyes.

KATY...rolling DH on the side doesn't work because he sleeps on his side! When he turns on his back I give him a little nudge because it is 100 times worse. I try not to be so hard on him though. He has sleep apnea and uses a breathing machine. And did have his sinuses opereated on a few years ago. Yay to the new range and microwave!

MICHELLE...ditto what the others said. I think it is good to get it out rather than keep it to yourself. We all know that you lost your mother and there's no way that you are bringing us down because of it. You are going thru a rough time and you need to talk about it, believe me it helps. You might not think so right now but it does. And it will get better.

SUSAN...hoping all is well with you and Miss Gaby.

Take care ladies and have a good day.
Old 11-06-2006, 02:25 PM   #75  
bep
Certifiable CHOCOHOLIC!!!

S/C/G: 255/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I hope you are having a wonderful day!

Just a 2 second check-in to say I am down 2 lbs this week! YIPPEEEEE!!!
bep is offline   Reply With Quote