Old 11-20-2006, 04:15 PM   #91  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

There you are Ms SuzyQ! Too bad the job is a temp position. And hey, maybe you should move back to the village. Not meaning to judge or anything but it seemed like you were happier there. At least you have Hawaii to look forward to. How's the Rockman doing anyway?

Hi Michelle...sorry you had a bad week. The holidays are the pits when you've lost a loved one. The first ones I had I did NOT want to celebrate at all, didn't seem fair to me. But, for the kids I did. If I didn't have my kids I don't know what I would have done. It surely would have been different. Lots of hugs to you my friend.

Hi to everyone else

I hear ya Susan about WI. I feel like sometimes throwing the scales out the window! But I don't for fear of gaining too much. I would just like to see the things go down. I am the same this week, well, actually last week was 198.8 and this week is 198.2 so...but I get so frustrated about WI, ugh! Didn't want to go work out but I did. I told myself I would do just 20 mns, but did go ahead and do 30. I always feel better for doing it but again, just get frustrated sometimes. Oh well, that's life...mine anyway. Anyway, wanted to check in and say HI and wish you ladies a happy holiday. I am going to be busy the rest of the week and won't be back to 3fc until maybe Saturday, not really sure. So...

A very HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:46 PM   #92  
ugggg.....

Cristina--Tony's home on a two week leave!!! Jason has two weeks at Xmas. At least you are moving in the right direction no matter how slow your weight loss. DS is sick, I hope he feels better by Thursday. Thanks for the card!! I am going to start my cards over the long weekend.

Michelle--I am sorry you are down.

SuzyQ--just some things I thought you needed to hear and in a card so you will remember them!! Maybe you will get to stay at the place you are at instead of going back with grumpy.

Hi to everyone else!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #93  
kitty Momo

ahhhhh, lets explore that Cristi!! Was I happier in the Village???
I love the area, it so nice. I was happier with my own place, I think that is what I miss the most. It feels good though to catch up on bills. I couldn't be around the Ex any more and he lived just down the street, plus I wanted to be closer to the sitter.
Now Gab is back in her old preschool, so that seems mute. lol
I haven't been happy, I have been pretty depressed. I feel better now since I went on meds 3 weeks ago- total life saver! I swear, it feels like your brain is cleared of the cobwebs. I can focus and not be so easily distracted. I have taken a lot of steps to move past the depression. I think I might be strong enough and have learned coping skills where I could live closer to the ex and not get caught up in his drama.
I would just have my own drama.........lol
The residents like me here, which is a huge step. I think I have a good chance of staying. Rah, rah me!

awww, thanks Jules! I put it up in my bedroom. I tell my friends I have to go home and clean up my bedroom before I can go out on Friday night, otherwise mom grounds me.....lol

I am doing good on the eating! I don't overeat and I think I eat sensible and healthy. I love my low fat feta cheese on my greek salad and I try and make an effort to stay away from the pretzels!!

k- better get busy!! Taking Gaby in for her check up this afternoon.

hi to everyone!
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 AM   #94  
ugggg.....

SuzyQ--well you better keep your room clean--don't want to be grounded. I love greek salads too, when I go somewhere it's on the menu I always get it.

Not doing good with eating right or going to the gym. One of the girls that always brings birthday treats had a burthday on Monday--the one computer guy she brought cupcakes for gave her two HUGE candy bars and I went to Dairy Queen and got her favorite Mint Moolatte, of course I had to get one for me....large. I wonder how many calories were in that.

Both dogs have to go to the vet this morning for shots. We worked Sunday to be off today but since the appt is at 8:00 I am up early anyway. I am going to bake my pumpkin pies today I think...instead of trying to do everything tomorrow. Who knows.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:42 AM   #95  
RosieKate

Skipping the gym...cause I just had to say

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Nah...I skipped the gym 'cause I couldn't get my behind out the door. I plan on getting a walk in this morning, tho. DH isn't working today, so I can leave the kids with him.

Susan - you sound more upbeat, glad the meds are helping you. And you're right - it is nice to get bills paid. This will all work itself out...I hope you get to stay at your new job placement; it sounds so much better for you. I know the lure of the village...so I can understand why you miss it. Every time we considered selling this little house to find something bigger, we never got anywhere with it because we just don't want to leave this great neighborhood.

Hi Jules - have fun baking today! I hate getting up early when I don't have to! It seems to happen more and more - I guess I just don't need as much sleep as I used to. I'm sure you'll get back to the gym after this busy weekend.

Michelle - sorry you are having a sad week - just do what you need to do to get through - take care of yourself.

Cristina - WTG for getting those workouts in...it's hard when there's so much holiday hubbub around. Your scale is moving - I can tell...so keep up the good work!

Hi to Bep, Sue and Shawna and anyone else reading this.

Well - we are going to Eugene tomorrow to visit my brother and his girlfriend. He's fixing everything and doesn't care for sweets, so I'm taking some cookies. How easy is that? It's kind of weird to have a Thanksgiving where I haven't orderd up the turkey and all that, but it's also kind of nice. My son's birthday is Friday, so that's what I am planning for instead. I noticed New Seasons has some cranberry stuffed turkey breasts on sale, so I may cook up one of those tonight, so DH gets a little bit of Thanksgiving fuss.

I am heading into the holiday with a resolve to have fun but not overdo it. I lost 4 lbs the first week of Insight, which thrilled me, of course. This week I don't have a meeting, and I appear to be holding steady. The hardest part will be DS' birthday cake ( Baker and Spice flourless chocolate..mmmmm), but I am going to try to stay away from it. Wish me luck!
Old 11-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #96  
kitty Momo

That is so good on the 4 lbs Katy! Congrats. Eugene is a long drive, stay safe! I am going as far as my mothers kitchen. lol I wasn't asked to bring anything - just as well because 2 cooks in one kitchen is enough. I was going to go to my ex's and make some deviled eggs.

anyway- I lost my contact. It was itchy and I took it out to see if there was an eyelash and it popped out of my fingers, fluttered to the floor and landed on our multi blue carpat. can't find it. Maintenance Man came in with a flash light turned off the lights and looked. I was going to say something sexual but decided I better not and.........anyway he couldn't find it either. Dang - lol

I had a turkey sandwish for breakfast and bought a salad for lunch. I will have a light dinner. I haven't walked in a few days. Hard with the rain,rain and more rain. I am growing webfeet!!!! Quack, quack.....

Where are you Michelle??

Sure Jules.....I will clean my room. I swear my mom is snooping through my underwear drawer. lol....

anyway, besides the eggs I am making some cranberry jello w/ crushed pineapple, and walnuts. yum. I bought some size 10 pants last night and feel ok about that, I usually wear 8......blah - blah.

I better get back to work. Wishing you all a safe and Happy Thansgiving!!
Old 11-23-2006, 06:47 AM   #97  
ugggg.....

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!! Hope you all have a great day!!!
Old 11-23-2006, 12:26 PM   #98  
NEVER Give Up:)

S/C/G: 260**212**160

Height: 5' 4"

Jules -- I love your new avatar!

Hi Ladies --- I'm really sorry I haven't been on much lately, but this week has been very hard on me, and today is the most difficult so far. I miss my mom so much and have looked at her picture many times this morning. Yesterday I baked a pumpkin pie and my homemade chocolate chip cookies, and I'm so glad I don't like sweets so I wasn't tempted at all. In about an hour, I will put the 20 pound turkey in the oven, and thank goodness for turkey oven bags, only about 3-3.5 hours and it's done and no mess! Then a little later, we're going over to my older DD and SIL's house, and my sister and her family will be there too. This will be the first year in awhile that we having had Thanksgiving at our house, because my mom always loved to spend the day here. I hope all of you have a Wonderful, Safe & Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 06:18 PM   #99  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

I hope you all are having or have had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #100  
kitty Momo

You all need t o come away from the table now and write something!! How was your Thankgiving???
I had a wonderul day at my mothers. My older brother and sister came over with their families. It was nice to hold a baby (my brothers) and visit. I had a decent platter of food, a little bit of everything but I didn't go back for seconds so I felt ok with that.
Today though (Saturday) I felt fat, bloated, chubby. So I *gulp* weighed. I HAD to see what the damage was as I was feeling my clothes becoming too tight again.
I was surprised. I have only gained 3 pounds since I stopped weighing a month ago. I can live with that.
I have 2 months to go until my Hawaii trip so I am determined to shed 20 pounds in the next 8 weeks. I am *gulp*.
I am going to go back to the old fashion counting calories and low fat diet that has always worked for me.Plus making an effort to drink at least 80 oz's of water a day and 30 minutes of exercise. Wish meuck!!! *gulp* lol

Gaby and I both have been sick with a cough, we are both better now. She had meds though for an ear infection. We went to a KidsFest last weekend and she stayed most of the time in the petting zoo, she loves animals.
Half way through my temp place of work, I have really enjoyed it - a wonderful break from co worker. I kind of miss him.....*gulp*.
We started going back to church. I love where I had been going, I don't know why I stopped, so I look forward to church tomorrow.

k- now time for all of you to chatter!!!!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 11-25-2006 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:52 AM   #101  
RosieKate

Quickie hi from me today...
Glad you all had a nice holiday...we did too. The drive to Eugene was not bad, though rainy. I ate more than usual but it wasn't a blowout. Same w/ Friday, as that was my son's 10th birthay. That meant pizza and cake - yikes!
I walked for exercise on both days and have been drinking lots of water, so it looks like I've held off gaining.

I hope to get a holiday e-card put together with links to my updated photo page. If any of you would like to receive one, could you PM me an email address to send it to? Some of the gals who have known me for awhile know that I am way lame on sending REAL cards. This seems to be what I can manage.....

Have a great Sunday everyone

Psss -have any of you been shopping? I've been shopping online, but haven't braved the malls......yet
Old 11-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #102  
ugggg.....

I have had computer issues again, but it looks like everything is fixed now. I started out with an entry level tech who gave me to the next level tech and she had a top of the line tech do an interactive and actually fixed the problem. About time, we have had issues for several weeks now. Hopefully this is the end of it.

The kids were over for Thanksgiving and we had a great time. DD had never been out at 5AM on Black Friday.....she doesn't want to do it again. We had fun though. She did get a $70 pair of boots on sale for less than $30 at JC Penney and a start on Christmas gifts. She was disappointed that there was no really great sales like she was expecting.

Katy-I bought DS's gf a pink crockpot online and I ordered a Crockpot cookbook for her and a ordered a Zombie book for DS....don't ask....he's obsessed.....I should have my cards in the mail tomorrow.

SuzyQ--I love zoos!!! There is a panda cam at the DC zoo that I have on my favorites at work. I miss having babies around but I am not so depressed with the empty nest thing that I want another and I am definitely NOT ready for grandkids yet!! My friend wants me to go in to the delivery room with her. She's due in May and her family lives three to four hours away--we keep joking the her fiance (friend of DH and I who set us up) will probably pass out.

Michelle--hope everything went okay on Thanksgiving and you made it through.

Sassy & Cristina & Bep--hi!! Hope all is going well for you!!
Old 11-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #103  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies!
I hope you all are doing well!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:23 PM   #104  
kitty Momo

Happy Sunday!

I haven't braved the malls yet, Katy. I was going to ask if you have ever visited the Yarn and coffee shop in Sellwood? I pass by it every day (and night) you can see people in there drinking coffee and I assume knitting. Would love to go inside and browse around. I am glad your trip was safe

Jules - Gaby loves the animals , I think she will be a vet.This morning she was laying her stuffed dogs and cats on towels, they were napping and she crawls around on all fours and picks them up with her mouth. lol

Hi Sassy!!!

I drank a lot of water yesterday. I also dropped 2 pounds over night. Must be flushing out all the water?? Who knows. I had cheerios and a banana for breakfast and steamed veggies and low fat cottage cheese for dinner. I was going to have some protein and more veggies for dinner. Oh- I did have 1/2 a bagel for breakfast.
I took the girls to church and Gaby is going to be in the Christmas program coming up in December.
I haven't seen Beck all weekend.

So, how much are you all going to spend on Christmas presents? My mom said the average was $500 to $700 -can you believe that?
I am putting aside $150 a pay check for my trip to Hawaii. $500 should be enough to spend while I am over there. I might spend $150 on each girl for Christmas.

Better get!!! Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!
Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 PM   #105  
ugggg.....

I spend about $100-$150 on both kids and about $100 on hubby. I buy for a few others and I do a gift exchange at work. I ordered a pink crockpot and a crockpot cookbook online for ds's gf. I will have to get something small for the new guy in DD's life. She is really happy with him.

SuzyQ--Gaby is so cute I miss having little ones. DD's new guy is divorced with two kids.

Sassy--stop back when you can chat longer!

I am being bad--I am so tired and having a really bad TOM so I am skipping the gym tonight--major cramps, I know---too much info!! I will probably just go to bed early.