Old 10-17-2006, 09:06 AM   #31  

Default Tuesday

Nori and Ashley: congats on your weight loss!!

Ashley, we'll see you next week and be a good girl for us while you're away!! Just keep thinking what a good trend you've set over the last 7 weeks!

Nori: You did so great this week. Just remember last week you didn't want to go back into the 230's by November you won't want to be going back into the 220's! By Valentines Day you could be in Onederland!!

I keep thinking of all those people that will be starting diet and exercise programs in January, just think how much of a head start we'll have by putting our weight loss into overdrive in October!

Danielle: jump on the wagon with me, I just started back two weeks ago and feel pretty determined this time around.

Serena: good luck at the weigh in tonight. Don't be discouraged, you've had a tough time with the kids lately. Take some time for yourself if you can.

I did join the gym last night. I felt very awkward at first, I didn't know where to go or what to do, I ventured into testosterone area unaware and quickly made a u-turn. Anyway my friend and I found a corner on the 2nd floor and did a bicycle type thing with a comfy chair like seat. We did this for 10 minutes and our legs were like rubber. Then we did the elliptical for 5-10 minutes. Then we did a mile on the treadmill which took us about 17-18 minutes with a 2% incline. I think we're going again tonight. It was kind of crowded last night but the woman said each day of the week that goes by there's less and less people, by Friday she said it would be practically empty...that's when I'll try out some of the other machines. I just hope I stick to this now that I committed for a year! If not I'll at least be nice and tan! I wish I could bring DD but kids have to be at least 14.

B: oatmeal 3
L: Smart One dinner 6
S: yogurt & graham crackers 6
D: salad 3
S: skinny cow ice cream/ popcorn 5
Water: about 50 oz.
Exercise: 35 minutes

Chat with you girls later, be good!

Mo
MoNewEngland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 06:52 PM   #32  

Default Ww

I don't really have much time to post but just wanted to say, I gained .2 pounds this week. I plan to do better this week.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:12 AM   #33  

Default Wednesday

Hello ladies:

Serena: sorry about the gain but it was only .2 that's nothing, you'll make up for it this week I'm sure. I'm thinking of finding a photo to inspire me, not a supermodel but something I can attain realistically and keep it close by.

DH said he's starting his diet today because he ate 8 candy bars in the last two days! He got up early today and made himself a salad for lunch and some healthy snacks. He's going to try to hook up our old treadmill that's in the basement for himself and the kids to use. I'm hoping they use it, if they do he'll hook up an old TV for them in the basement. DD needs to lose weight and DS is thin but needs to develop some muscle and endurance, he's almost 5' 4" and weighs just 90 lbs soaking wet!

I went to the gym again last night but didn't increase at all, I still did just 1 mile on the treadmill, 10 minute on the bike and...with a lot of difficulty 10 minutes on the elliptical, that thing really kicks my butt!!! Maybe because I saved it for last but I'm not sure??? My friend got there 30 minutes before I could get there so she did an additional 2 miles on the treadmill!!! She said her toe was bleeding when she got home!!

B: oatmeal, 1 graham cracker 4
L: Lean cuisine, grapes, mini tootsie pop 7
D: salad w/ chicken & feta 7
S: few pretzels and granola bar 2
Pts: 20 Water: about 50 oz. Exer: 38 minutes

I'll check in later, where is everyone????

Mo
Old 10-18-2006, 12:25 PM   #34  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Hello Hello!!!

Not much going on over here today. The kids have kept me busy with school projects galore and field trips they suckered me in to chaperoning. lol Next week proves to be even busier with them having 2 half days and 1 day off from school. On top of that, eye & dental appts abound. Can someone say, Calgone take me away? lol

Serena, .2 is not bad at all. I know you will do even better this week and lose that plus some! You can do it!

Mo, I am so glad you joined the gym!!! Awesome that you have someone to go with too. You sound like you're doing really well with the equipment and all, good girl! Oh wouldn't that be awesome to have the treadmill downstairs for dh & the kids! I had to giggle when you mentioned your ds. Mine is the same exact way, but man is he strong! He's getting serious about running and is going to be doing an intramural track team for now. He's got big plans for the track team come next year, his freshman year of hs. I swear tho, the wind blows the wrong way and it feels like he'll blow away! LOL My middle daughter, omg, the girl has no muscle tone whatsoever. Poor kid! Let us know how you like the gym today!!

Hopefully we'll hear from some of the other girls soon. How's everyone's week so far? Hope its all been good!

danielle
Sugar-N-Spice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:07 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Smile

ok well my post got interruped....

Nori..don't feel guilty.. we are just glad you hang out with us losers.. LOL// you do what you can and we are here for you..

Serena~ I feel your pain.. i am there with you.. next week will be better.. we can do this.. I feel it and I can see it.. I figured out in 10 months if I reduce my calories 1000 a day I will be at my goal weight.. if I exercise depending on what I do I may only need to shave out 500 a day.. so I am determined... and a little hungry..

Catherine???? you there??

Hey Danielle! nice to see you again.. I too run ragged with the kids at times.. last week I had lunch with one, then dropped off a missing book for another.. then 2 had make up bowling , and still another was up til 10:30 two nights doing his accelerated college math program.. (in 8th grade!) so calgon is in stock at my house! haha

Ashley... 12 pounds!!! WTG.... awesome!! what are you doing to lose weight..program and exercise???

sara.. wtg to you.. a loss of any kind is to be embraced, accepted and duly recognized.. my leader once read us this poem about losing" just a pound" but think of a pound of butter?? now picture it on your butt or thighs??? look good?? well it is GONE.. why?? cause YOU had the POWER and CONTROL to do it.. good for you.. keep it up.. welcome!!!

to everyone else i missed see you on the board .. and have a great week/... hey how do I subscribe to this thread.. i was subscribed to our old thread but forget how?? thanks..Kim
slimkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #36  

mo.. I had an earlier post saying congrats to you and telling you how pretty and put together your bedroom must look.. great for you.. I am very proud of you that your accomplished a goal.. I get my desk cleaned off only to have it look like a cyclone the next day.. LOL bye!!! Kim
Old 10-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #37  

oh and super duper congrats on that weightloss!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!! See ya..
Old 10-18-2006, 07:21 PM   #38  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Mo, Congrats on joining the gym and sticking to it!! congrats to you also on loosing the 5 pounds!!

I would also love to join a gym, except you have to be 19 to join. .... so I am stuck trying to lose weight at home just by working out!

Thanks for the welcome from all the girls and I hope that I can use this as a motivational thing and loose some more weight!!

Thanks girls!
Erika Leigh

P.S. To subscribe, go to the top of the thread. Look for where it says 'thread tools'. Under that you will find subscribe to thread!! (Hope this helps!!)
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:42 AM   #39  

mornin.. a quick check in .. well we are off to North Carolina in the mornin.. Atlantic Beach area.. going to see DH's oldest son and his wife.. stay there a couple days.. she is making lasagna... i will have to see how many calories that may be.. I have been following ww but for a couple weeks I am just going to count calories and see how I do.. my day looks like this...

B: 300
S: 150
L: 350
D: 500
Total= 1600.. according to what I can figure... my burn is about 2400-2500 a day (for my activities).. so I should lose like 1.5- 2 pounds a week.. hoping closer to 2.... I will let you know..

speaking of food I have to go eat I am really hungry... you all have a super OP day.. Kim
Old 10-19-2006, 09:14 AM   #40  

Default Thursday

Good morning ladies:

Hi Kim: your plan sounds great, so many people eat more smaller meals, it does make a lot of sense. Have fun in North Carolina.

Erika: last night on Biggest Loser their gym was closed for the week and they had to find alternate ways to exercise...did you happen to see it? They climbed hills, did all types of exercises on their stair case, etc.

Danielle: that's great about your son joining the track team, I wish my son was more involved in athletics. Right now he just plays soccer on a recreation league. His only hobby is reading and collecting japanese anime cards (neither are too strenuous!)

I dropped DS off at school, drove 45 minutes to work and as soon as I got here I got a call from the school nurse. He had a sore throat since last night but I guess he started to get dizzy when he got to school. Anyway, after 15 minutes and 10 phone calls I found my brother who is off today so he's going to go get him for me.

Wednesday:
B: cereal 4
L: Lean Cuisine, yogurt 8
S: granola bar, cereal, angel food cake 6
D: soup 6
S: skinny cow ice cream 3
Pts. 27 Exercise: 40 minutes (bike, tread, ellip) Water: 50 oz.

I used 2 of my bonus points but I was so hungry around 3 pm I couldn't stop snacking. Does anyone know how many points you earn for activity? I'm not sure if those two extra points could go against activity or if I need to take them out of my "bonus points"???

Have a great day ladies!

Mo
Old 10-19-2006, 01:22 PM   #41  

Default Mo:

Mo: the activity points are calculated by
intensity level (light moderate high)
minutes
body weight
so it really depends.

I earn about 1 point when i use the eliptical for 10 to 20 minutes.
serena37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 02:10 PM   #42  

Thanks, I did find the formulas on dwlz

It was weight X minutes. Then you multiply that number by a formula (I think it was .000327 for moderate activity so 40 minutes gave me about 2.5 points. I couldn't believe when I was doing the machines how little calories were being burned, it makes you think twice before you eat something!

My friend isn't going to the gym tonight so I'll try to go myself between work and picking up my DD at dancing. DS will be on his own though at home so I may not stay too long. I just want to prove to myself that I can go on my own
Old 10-19-2006, 09:51 PM   #43  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

HELLO!! My fast computer is having problems and so I'm on an old, slow one that takes forever to refresh and load pages...so I haven't been online for a couple days really.

Having a GREAT week here! Been at the gym 8 out of the last 11 days and been eating healthy. I'm due for AF really soon here, and plan to run a tight ship during that time! (I actually need to start writing it down, because ever since I got my IUD and quit BCP's, I don't have my pack to go by for when I'll start AF!)

Ashley - hope you are having a lovely visit with your family.

Mo - You go girl!! Joining a gym!!! Personally I LOVE the gym, but I do dvd's at home when my girls are sick or something. I like them also.

Erika Leigh - I've never heard of having to be 19 to join a gym. I know there's loads of teenagers at the gym I go to, but maybe they are on an adult/parents account?

Danielle - I hear you on shopping with DH! We almost always come home with a "treat" when he goes shopping. My DH is a fairly healthy eater, and he has this thing called "Self-control", so buying a package of cookies or Cheetos a big deal to him and will last him awhile.

Serena - in my books +/-.2 is basically maintaining. I mean, go pee and then weigh yourself and you'll be -.2! When is you trip?

Kim - if you stick with that deficit plan you WILL lose weight! That's exactly how I lost my weight. I was counting calories, eating 5-6 300 calorie meals a day, and aiming for 1,000 calorie deficit 5 days a week and a 500 calorie deficit th eother 2. It really wasn't that hard. I was exercising every day though and burning between 500-900 calories through activities. It's all math really. I gotta get back to counting calories...

Well, I gotta go do some laundry and get everything ready for tomorrow morning, including packing my healthy foods. My 18 month old has her checkup at 9am and my almost 3 year old needs to start her HepA series of immunizations. Then get them to daycare and get to work by 11.
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 12:35 AM   #44  
Working on new me in '07!

S/C/G: 293/293/253

Height: 5 foot!

Mo - No TV here!! I went to the gym last night!!

Nori- Here at this gym you have to be 19 or on a parents account.

We went and talked to them and they gave me and Amanda a 3 day free guest pass!!!! It was awesome!! We worked out for almost 2 hours last night. It's 24 hours and we went at like 1:30 this morning!!

Thanks girls! Hope that you keep up the weight loss.

P.S. I am changing my goals. I am going to lose 40 pounds by Christmas!
LookingForHope16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #45  

Default Friday!!

Hi ladies:

Well I went to the gym by myself I only did 32 minutes because I had to go pick up DD. Also, DS came home sick yesterday and he had a fever and sore throat. My sister is staying with him today so I'm at work now.

Nori: you're doing so good, send me some will power so I stay at the gym! Erika: I'm glad you liked the gym. It's only 10 weeks till Christmas, 4 lbs. a week is a lot! I need to make a goal too for my signature, I'll figure that out today.

B: oatmeal 3
L: Smart One dinner 6
S: Corn Pops 2
D: Eng Muff pizza (yuck), bowl of cereal 10
Pts: 21 Exer: 32 min. Water: 50 oz.?

I've been ok on my points but need to eat healthier like more fruits and veggies. DD and I stopped at the library last night and she got childrens cookbooks and made her grocery list last night for what she wants to make (chicken soup and smoothies). Then my sister came over (who's supposed to be on WW) and gave her a bag of M&Ms and my son a Snickers without asking me. I'm going to have to tell her to not buy them food anymore without asking me. DH also had her stop and buy him Milk Duds. He said he's going to do WW with me but it doesn't appear so. I had to watch him chew them all night.

I'm going to try to go to the gym tonight later on tonight so it's not crowded and I won't be rushed and might be able to try some other pieces of equipment.

Mo