Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #31  
GmaTo8

Sassy, maybe we can make it an annual thing and you'll feel more up to it next year?

Ok, I've got to go get some photos copied soon before I can go any further. But I'll take care of that in the next day or two. I've been working on the layout, though.

How's everyone else coming along with yours?
Old 09-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #32  

Height: 5'1"

I won't be getting my pages done until I get things more organized. So apologies now for it arriving to you all late!

I have everyones address that is doing this:

Jane
Norma
Cristi

But I don't have Tiffany. Do you wanna PM your address and share?

Ok...that makes it 5 pages (including myself) correct???

Ok...off to roam some more.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:04 PM   #33  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Red face

Yeah Jane that sounds like it would work. That would give me time to work on it. I would like to do it but like I said right now isn't the best time. So if I have a whole year to work on it, then I think I can do that.

Wish you gals luck on working on yours!!!!!!!!!

Is it okay if I still hang out in here to get some ideas or tips???
Old 09-13-2006, 09:36 AM   #34  
GmaTo8

Sassy - yep, you're very welcome to hang out here, sweetie.

Marti - maybe Jhanai can help you get the pages ready. She really enjoys crafting with you, doesn't she? So far, the official count is 4 plus 1 for ourselves.

Tiffany, Norma, and Cristina - how are your pages coming along?

Well, ladies, I've got the first copy (my copy) all done, and will do the other 4 as an assembly-line project. No way could I keep it to 1 page, so I'm doing 2facing pages, 8 1/2 x 11 size. Also, I decided I will place them in the clear sleeves after all, to help keep them protected during shipement. I don't have anything on the pages that will smash, so I may just use a manilla envelope, and place the sheets between some cardboard. Do you think that will work? I guess I probably should use the padded ones, though.

Have any of you used chalk on the edges of the paper? I thought about this, but didn't use it. I saw Sandi Genovese do it on her show, but I wondered if it smears?

Also, I tried a glue dobber for the first time. I don't know if it was just me, or what, but it was too sloppy! I put it away, and pulled out little tab thingies. Might use tacky glue for tiny stuff on your copies.

Between the scapbooking and the hair bows, my fingers are sore!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:14 AM   #35  

A few of the pages I have done I've used chalk and I love how it looks.

One page that I posted was of Jhanai......the moon star is outlined in chalk. I'll have to post the last pages I did when I get a chance...maybe this weekend.

Try it Jane....you'll love it. Especially on torn paper.......
Old 09-13-2006, 04:06 PM   #36  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Jane...I've not even started yet...hoping to get to it this weekend. I have everything, and know the layout and such, just trying to find what pictures I want to use. I have some on a roll of film in the camera too that I am thinking I may use...just gotta get it finished off and developed. Once I figure out the pictures then I will be able to get started. Never used chalk...just seemed like it would be messy to me. Plus I am just into doing simple pages. Have you tried the glue dots? They are great because if you don't get the picture or whatever exactly where you want it you can take it off and move it and it won't tear and the glue dots basically rub off. Anyway, that's where I am with the page...deciding on what pictures to use.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:26 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Marti - maybe you could use chalk somewhere on the pages you send to us.

Cristi - I haven't seen the glue dots, but I need them, lol. I've had to take apart a couple of things on the 1st copy I did, and man, that can be tough!

Tiffany and Norma - you two haven't checked in for awhile.... how's it going for you?

Well, since I seem to be ahead of everyone else, I stopped working on the ones for you guys, and did 2 pages of when Neal and I went to see the Temptations. I've got pictures of the band, our tickets, and a couple of photos of Neal and me.

I'll start back in on the ones for you guys soon, but I'll wait to mail them when you others have yours ready since it's a group project. I think I can do what's left in one day.

Btw, the picture of Mary I'm giving you shows her holding a doll, and she thinks that's bad. I told her that you all know she's a mama of 3 little girls and won't think a think of it. I don't have many pictures of her w/o a child in her face, lol. Anytime I want to take her picture, she says she doesn't look good enough!

Toodles!
Old 09-14-2006, 03:44 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hi Guys, I've been reading every day but not posting. It sounded like every one was busy with their pages but no where near complete. I've finished my minature afghans that I knitted and I have to apply them to a backing to keep them stiff. I've been collecting various scrapbook items to describe my past occupations. I have not assembled my pages yet. I believe Tiffany has been busy with a sick child and today she sent me a short email stating that her back was causing her allot of pain and she couldn't even sit a the computer for any time due to the pain. I'll keep you guys posted on her status as she and I talk all the time.
Norma
Old 09-16-2006, 12:26 AM   #39  

Hi there!: I had everything I needed for my pages except that the backgrounds didn't match. I was at Hobby Lobby today and I went a little nuts. I got all new background and matching papers along with allot of little things that reminded me of me. I have so much buzzing in my head I hope I can get everything to look just right and not just a jumble.
Old 09-16-2006, 03:02 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 240/240/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi to all you scrapping ladies!

I just wanted to let you know that I will be doing 8x8 pages. I feel that it is very chaotic to make a different size page for each person. Though it may not match the size of your book 8x8 is all I can do right now. I do not have 12x12 papers and I only use Stampin' Up! paper and ink. It's just easier this way and we all want to releive stress from our lives right? Here is one way I can relieve some from mine. Thank you all for being so understanding.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:08 AM   #41  
GmaTo8

Tiffany - all of the pages I'm mailing out will be one size - 8 1/2 x 11. I think each person is making only one size to send. So, no problem at all, sweetie. I expected to receive different sizes from you gals, and mentioned that I'd be putting the larger ones in the back, and the smaller ones to the front of a 12x12 album. (or however big the largest one is) Btw, don't mean to repeat what I've said on the chit chat thread, but I'm so glad you and the little one are both feeling better.

Norma - sounds like your pages will be so interesting! I just kind of focused on my family for my pages, since they took up so much room, lol. I did include a current, close-up photo of my face, so you really know what I look like - yikes!! It's quite scary, lol.

It will be so much fun to see an expression of your lives!
Old 09-16-2006, 12:40 PM   #42  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Okay ladies....I am working on my pages this weekend. Won't get them done but it will be a start. I decided to not copy a page after all and went to the scrapbook store a few days ago and bought some more of the same papers and stuff so...just have to get the ideas flowing about the pictures and what pictures to use.

JANE...I thought about a family page too since that has been my life, my family so still not sure what I am doing yet. It will be nice to receive everyone's pages though. And you are not going to scare anyone! I've seen your pictures before and they/you are not scary at all and I won't say anymore for the ladies who haven't seen you!

NORMA...silly woman...I too have so many ideas buzzing in my head and having trouble on how to lay it out on a page. Will be interesting to see what everyone comes up with...I can't wait! And again, I am so glad you came up with this idea.

TIFFANY...amen to that sister...I don't think any of us need any added stress. And the 8 x 8 pages will be fine...whatever is easiest for you.

MARTI...how are you doing?

SASSY...I think the annual thing is a good idea (as Jane suggested) and hopefully you can join us next time.

Happy scrapbooking ladies!
Old 09-16-2006, 02:13 PM   #43  

The thoughts of my pages are in my head. That's as far as I have gotten. You'll get one......it just may be later than you think.

I will probably most definatley use chalk when doing the pages. I love to tear the edges and then darken them w/chalk.

Now....to get my photos off the computer that I want to use. See...James had changed the hard drives. So my photos are on the old hard drive still. I need to get them off and onto a disc.

Anyway.....that's my story. will start as soon as I get a chance.

Oh....I still don't have everyones addresses. Please send me a PM if you haven't already!!
Old 09-16-2006, 04:17 PM   #44  

Tiffany: We want everyone to do whatever size pages that are comfortable to them. I have all size papers so it didn't matter to me one way or the other. The nice thing about your 8 x 8 pages, I can center your page on a larger page and journal the story of how you helped me on my journey. I love some of your quotes and "sage" advice and I can also put these as part of the journaling around your page.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #45  
GmaTo8

Cristina - aww, you're too kind. My face is heavier than it was when I last shared photos. Whatever you decide to do will be just fine.

Marti - we'll wait for you to send ours out, too. You can always take your photos to be copied at Walgreens or Walmart. Thats what I did, and they turned out well. I hope you do use chalk. I think it looks cool.

Norma - what a cool way to use Tiffany's page! You're a creative thinker, Norma.

Tiffany - I hope you're coming along with yours. Sounds like the pages will be very nice. My niece uses the Stamping Up materials, and makes lots of cards.

I still haven't got mine done, but it won't take long to finish them now that I've got everything ready for an assembly line, lol. The jigsaw puzzle I mentioned has been taking my spare time.
Closed Thread