Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 01:45 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Hi guys. I don't want anyone to get stressed over this scrapbook page thing. This should be fun. I was just wanting to see what you all looked like. Heck, just put a copy of your wedding photo if you don't have anything newer of you. I would love to see all your sweeties. Everyone has left over high school pictures, throw one of them on a piece of paper, use a few crayons for color and ship. See. No Brainer. Just remember, have fun with this.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:06 PM   #62  
GmaTo8

Norma - if I sent my high school photo, you'd never know who I am if you saw me now, lol. But I agree, anything would be ok. We don't want anyone stressing out over this.

Cristi - did you get much done over the weekend?

Tiffany - I sent your snail mail addy to Marti for ya.

As I said in chit chat, I'm getting mine done today. I started right after breakfast and just stopped for a little din-din, and to check in with the JLs. I'm almost done with mine. They will be 2 facing, 8 1/2 x 11 pages.

You guys never did answer if what sizes you're using? Or maybe I just missed your answers, lol. You know me!

Crop on, ladies!
Old 10-09-2006, 02:53 PM   #63  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

High School photo?! Well, I actually do have one but it's in another scrapbook so. I'm still trying to decide what pictures to use. I have the lay-out that I want but you can only put so many pictures on it. And I have more on a roll of film that is almost done...so...I don't want to give away what I am using...want it to be a surprise.

Jane...I too am doing two facing pictures, have to to include the family which is what I am all about. Doing 12x12 pages.

I will be done and have them in the mail by Halloween though ladies.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:28 AM   #64  
GmaTo8

Cristi - I was pretty sure you'd said you were going to use the 12x12. So what I'm going to do is, buy a 12x12 album for all the JLs pages. Then I'll put the smaller ones in front. Oh, this is going to be so much fun!

I got mine done, and found that since they are placed in the protective pockets, they won't fit into the 9x12 manilla envelopes I had on hand, so while I was in town last night for a meeting, I picked up some 10x13 ones. Each time I've been buying scrapbooking paper, I've been taking 2 or 3 sheets of the thick cardboard sheets the store keeps behind the papers, and at the checkout, I tell them that I need them to mail pages. So each package has one real sturdy backing, and a lighter weight cardboard in front.

I think I'll do up a page to place in front of all of your pages, with an explanation of what the exchange was all about. Someday my grandkids will want to know all about it.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #65  
One day at a time

Good idea Jane about the page. I've not started my album yet. I have a notebook that I've been journaling in and adding pictures there so I have to redo them and put them in the album. I am going to have to make a trip to the scrapbook store and get some of the cardboard. I have some but not near enough to send the pages. Are you using the bubble envelopes or just regular ones? I just saw some, actuall bought a picture envelope to send Josh some pictures but not sure if they have any big enough for the 12x12 pages. They didn't at Walgreens. Of course it will have to be a little bigger than 12x12 for the page to fit in without messing it up.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:07 PM   #66  
GmaTo8

Cristi - these are just the regular brown manilla envelopes. I think they are called "clasp envelopes" on the package. Walmart had some white ones that the package said was heavy paper, but instead of 25 of them, there was only 12. I took one out of each pack and thought them to be the exact same weight. So for the same money, I got 25 of them. Might come in handy next year when we do this again. I think with the heavy cardboard, they'll be ok. At least I hope so, after all the work I put in them, lol.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:49 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 240/240/120

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies!!
I thought I would write and make sure I have everyone's addy for the scrap page. I know that I said (in another message) that I wasn't going to be able to get mine done on time but I HATE to miss a suspense date. I'm working feverishly to get them done...lol And BTW: wouldn't you know it, I thought I would be sending out 8x8 pages and my idea doesn't fit on those, so I am now sending 81/2 x 11. Don't you know that the brain doesn't always account for size differences. It's small in there! AHAHAHAHHA
The following are the addys I have. If I missed you or you want to be added, now's the time. I'm printing photos and puting them together. They may not be ON TIME per sey, but they will be pretty close.

Addy's I have:
Jane
Crisitina
Marti
Norma

Thank you all for being so patient and wonderful! I hope you like what you get!!
Tiffany
Old 10-21-2006, 03:45 PM   #68  
One day at a time

TIFFANY...I am sure we will like what you make and send. I liked the one you posted earlier and even printed it out. I am having a hard time with mine...guess I am making it too hard. I've not scrapbooked in ages and I guess I am a little out of it. But this is getting me started again so thank you Norma for that! I am hoping to get mine out the latest Tuesday. Cutting it close but...they'll be there sooner than later.

How is everyone else doing with their pages?
Old 10-21-2006, 04:10 PM   #69  

Christina--I too am making it too difficult. I guess that is my left brain talking...LOL I'm sure the right side would have no problems what-so-ever..lol

Thank you for the encouragement. I'm trying to get the final touches done now. I wish I could figure out a way to attach vellum without the use of brads. Everything shows through and it's ugly. I guess I will have to use brads after all. Oh well. If you have any suggestions I'm up for them.

thanks
Tiffany
Old 10-22-2006, 02:16 PM   #70  
One day at a time

Hi Tiffany!

Suggestions...I have none! Ugh, but could use plenty! I am not satisfied with my page and am getting totally frustrated! So, I quit! On that one anyway...going to try something different now. So wish me luck this time, hopefully I will get it right, or the way I like it so I can get them mailed. Anyway, not sure how you are using the vellum but I think the brads wil be fine. What kind of adhesive do you use? Have you tried the glue dots-dotto? I love that because no mater what you do if you mess up you can just pull the picture, frame or whatever up and repostion it...the stuff is great. OR if you decide not to use a certain photo, (like I did,lol) the glue just rubs off the page and the picture or whatever you put it on. But, I've not worked with vellum in scrapbooking. I do simple pages, or try to. I would love to do fancy ones but again, I get frustrated so easily with them if it doesn't come out right. Can't wait to see your page and the rest of you ladies.
Old 10-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #71  

Height: 5'1"

Depending on the size of vellum you want to use. I have a sticker maker that I use and put the vellum through. It covers the entire side of the paper and you can't tell and it still gives you that look you're looking for.

Now if you only want parts of the vellum to stick, there are always stickers or you can overlap area's with journalling and such.

Always a way to hide things!

By the way......I have decided to do my pages in the 8 1/2 x 11. I'll stick them in the page protectors when I'm done. I haven't started yet....I believe I should be set to start by next weekend.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:47 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

If you are having trouble with vellum, you might try just punching a couple of holes at the top of the page as well as the background paper and lace some ribbon through the holes and tie a bow in front. If you don't like this then you can use the mini glue dots in the corners and put a sticker or other decoration to cover the spot. I have vellum tape, and it's totally invisible but I don't know if you have that or not.

My pages will be ready to ship by Halloween. I just need to round up some card stock to use as stiffener in the envelope.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:17 PM   #73  
One day at a time

GREAT tips Norma and Marti!

I didn't even think about the ribbon idea Norma until you mentioned it. A few years ago I made DH a valentine card (more like a mini scrapbook album, lol) I used this vellum that had hearts all over it and tied it together at the top with a red ribbon. I'm a little slow sometimes, lol.

The glue dots dry clear if you've ladies not ever used it. I love the stuff because I do layouts and then when I go to do the page I decide I don't like the way it looks and change it...the glue dots let you do this without messing up the picture, or the paper.

And...not going to be getting my pages out until Monday or Tuesday after all. I kept looking at the page I did and I just am not happy with it. It's not so much the layout but the paper I used itself. I may enclose it anyway with the page I do since I already had copies made. I am doing a new page and just one and including the family in it rather than make two pages. I will let you know the day I mail them so you all know when to expect them.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:06 AM   #74  

Thank you all for the suggestions. I appreciate you all trying to help me. I think I have mentioned in the past that I am a card maker. I CAN make scrap pages with paper too but I REALLY like to make cards. A friend of mine has introduced me to digital scrapping. I have paint shop pro X right now and can see how easy it would be to make the pages from the computer. Though I do not like to be on the computer for very long, I am going to try it out. I think that digiscraping will be good for me because I won't feel the stress of "wasting". I realy think that this is THE big issue with me and scrapping. If I make a mistake I have to throw it away. LOL I'm working on it...perfectionism is not an easy thing to delete. I am MUCH better than I was a year ago or even 6 months ago. Process, Process, Process. I have all faith in this though, He who begun a good work in me will be faithful to finish it.
I know this doesn't really have anything to do with the current scrap page, I will still be sending out the one I am currently making. I just had to purge this information, and where better to do this than here...LOL

Thank you all for reading, hope I didn't waste any of your time. I can't give that back either...LOL

Tiffany
Old 10-27-2006, 06:39 PM   #75  
One day at a time

Smile

Oh Tiffany...you are not wasting anyones time, or not mine anyway. And I know exactly where you are coming from...that is why I am having such a hard time wiwth my page, ugh! Trying to be perfect.
Closed Thread