Old 10-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

Hey Everyone Just wanted to check in Man Halloween bites with the candy in the house makes me want to stay home and not take Hailee trick-or-treating. But that would make me a mean mommy since she already has her costume, we are not going very many places though. They are going to have something for the kids at the quad so I think we will go there and then come home and give the candy away that we get to the trick or treaters we have here at the house.... haha. Anyways I am some how down 4lbs this week even though aunt flo has arrived.... which i am amazed about but I think that it has a lot to do with having got my resisitance bands to go with my taebo tapes. Man does that make the workout intense. Hope everyone else is staying strong. Have a good rest of the week
~Amber
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 05:31 PM   #122  
One pound at a time.

S/C/G: 238.2/186.2/150

Height: 5ft 4in

Just thought I'd introduce myself.My OH is air force and we are stationed in Illinois.
I am a big yoyo dieter. This time I need to get the weight off and keep it off.Saw my doctor yesterday and I need to get my cholesterol down.He's referring me to dietary and if I don't lower it I will need to go on meds.I also have high blood pressure and am on meds for that and it is coming down.
So I'm at that time in my life that I need to get serious with my weight.
I am originally from Scotland. Have 3 girls 18,15 and 10.
Looking forward to getting to know you all. This is a first time thing for me doing the posting on a forum.
Clydegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:54 PM   #123  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi everybody,

Gee I didn't post here at all this week. But I have been working a LOT this week so I guess that's my excuse.

Hope everybody is doing a-okay!! Me, I'm doing fine, though I haven't done any exercise yet today, so I'm gonna keep this short so I can go and do that before the night is over.

~ Angie

Welcome Clydegirl, nice to see you here!!!!!
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:50 AM   #124  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

First of all, a heart-felt to all the new girls - I haven't been all here this week due to possibly changing jobs, and feeling under the weather and beating myself up for not sticking to either my eating or my workout plan as well as I wanted to this week. Good news is, I DID work out , and I DID eat right, about 75% of the time, but that's just me making excuses for my bad behavior, so SHAME on me!! I know I won't meet my OCT goal which SUCKS, I can't even lose 2 lbs in a month, come on, I'm seriously kicking myself for this one because it's my fault. I'm not going to make any more promises, other than I will try. This time of year is so hard, and I'm finding that I'm turning to food when I am stressed out - I need to figure something else out!! Hope you are all doing well Have a super weekend!!!
missyb4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:49 AM   #125  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Clydegirl!! Glad you are here to share with all of us!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Mommyof3Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 10:56 AM   #126  

Happy Halloween!!! No scale movement for me this week. It was TOM though so that probably is most of the reason. Wish it only came like everyother month LOL it seems like i am going great and then bam there it is and progress stalls. Since I had my second baby in june I am down 68lbs i was wondering if anyone else has problems seeing their loss when they look in the mirror??? I mean how long is it going to take for it to register in my mind lol that i have lost weight and I am not as heavy as I was at the end of june. Anyways just seem to be losing motivation so I thought I would come read posts and make one of my own. Hope everyone else is doing good!
~Amber
Old 10-31-2006, 03:16 PM   #127  
One pound at a time.

Happy Halloween. Everyone got their candy ready. At the moment it's out of sight out of mind, so it doesn't bother me.Tomorrow may be a different story.
My OH is gone this week so I will be going out with my youngest and then coming home and giving out candy. I do enjoy it though, all the wee ones coming to the door dressed up. Don't like the teenagers with the pillowcases so much. They only get a small piece of candy.

Thanks for the welcome all the support helps.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:43 PM   #128  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

Well, this week has been an especially hard one. I think the upcoming TOM caused me to gain quite a bit of water weight, which is HIGHLY discouraging, plus the stress of getting ready to quit my current job and start a new one isn't helping, also DH is getting ready to go to school for a month - so lots of stress to deal with makes for not a great weight loss story. BUT - it helps to see everyone else is doing so well - hope to catch up soon!
missyb4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:04 AM   #129  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hey everybody,

I haven't been spending much time on here. Hope everyone's doing okay.

Missy that's a lot of change all at once. Take it a day at a time, conquer a craving one at a time if you get them. I had a bad craving the other day as I drove near the Subway restaurant. I was craving one of those bacon & egg breakfast sandwiches ( I used to eat those often). I didn't get one. Mostly because I reasoned if I ate that.. well, I'd already had oatmeal for breakfast earlier, and then those calories would seriously cut into the rest of my days cal allowance. I just sat tight and told myself that the craving would pass. I drove home, and it was okay. Whew I'm glad I didn't eat one.

PMS is coming for me within the next week or so, I can feel it creeping up on me. I get these crazy crazy dreams/nightmares for about a week.. and they've started. There's always one disaster or another in my dream - last night I was hiding behind a dumpster because I'd walked into a situation where someone was getting shot, and I was hiding so they wouldn't see me. YIKES that's (hopefully) nothing I'm used to seeing in real life. WHERE does this stuff come from??? I looked online and the websites I read says this is in fact a PMS symptom. CRAZY. I hate it.

Anyway, hubby left again on Monday for 6 wks so boo hoo to that. I hate it. I always do. I think I would mind less if I could talk to him more.. but hey if I can ask for things, it'd be nice if he didn't go for more than 2 wks at a time. I am being selfish I know.. some are gone MUCH longer than 6 wks. right now. I feel for you wives/husbands of those gone away for so long.

I'm sticking to the plan, but I think I'm at a bit of a 'pause'. I won't say it's a plateau yet, but things have slowed down for a while. I went for a nice walk yesterday, which helped me mentally. Also I measured myself again - first time was end of August. I lost a BUNCH of inches all over, I should add them all up. Anyway, that felt good, cause I have not lost a lot of actual pounds in the last month, but the inches definitely are going. My original pants that I have had since I started, they are very loose, the legs in them don't stick to me at all anymore (they used to stretch tight). so woo hoo to that huh! I see lots of differences in little things as I go along.

married2asoldier:
I haven't lost as much as you have, but I do see a small difference in my face. You probably do too, I bet if you took similarly posed photos from the beginning to now. You just get used to it daily in the mirror so it's not as apparent, I bet. Keep taking photos and comparing them. Try on clothes that you had before you lost, that will show you I bet. Remember though, when you lose it's all over, a little here, a little there. Think about where you last filled out on your body the most.. usually you'll lose that first. (at least it happens that way for me). Don't lose motivation! You're doing great. I know we are all hardest on ourselves. But wow that's almost 70 pounds girl!

Clydegirl: hope your halloween candy stayed away from your lips! hehe
Me, I had a couple of pks of liquorice (the red stuff) but otherwise I did okay. I did not buy my 'favorites' - the bars and chips. I knew that would be my undoing. Unfortunately since hubby is gone, I had to do the treat thing for the kids - otherwise I would have made him do it and I would not be near the candy.

Hope everyone's having a good day. I have my weekly painting class this morning but otherwise it's a pretty quiet day work wise. I'll probably go for another walk this afternoon if it does not rain too hard. If it does I will exercise at home.

Bye for now everyone.. keep up the good work
~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:41 PM   #130  
One pound at a time.

Hi everyone hope you all are having a good week. My first week weigh in and I lost 7lbs. The first week is always a good one.

Angie the halloween candy is in my kitchen away from my reach. I've had a couple of pieces, the bite size ones.

I'm trying to increase my exercise.I started walking again and I also go to Curves.

I have to go to a healthy heart class because of my cholesterol.There's 3 classes once a month through January.Will be interesting to see what they have to say.

It's time to get serious with my weight one day at a time.

Hugs everyone.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #131  
searching 4 the real me

Good Morning ladies!!

It's been awhile since I've posted. Everything is going pretty good. I have been working out 5-6 days a week about 2hrs each day and just started walking 3+ miles a day on top of that. I just need to get a little better on my water intake and eating. I've been lazy about getting prepared ahead of time so not being focused has steared me in the wrong direction. I'm hoping I can get that back under control.

Clydegirl~ on the 7lb loss. That is awesome!!! Keep up the great work!!

missy~ hang in there girlie!! I know you have got alot of things you are juggling right now. Just take it little by little.

angie~ my weight has paused a little too. It is kind of discouraging but yet I can tell that I have lost inches. It's very noticeable so that is a plus but I just wished I could have lost a few pounds too. I need to invest in a tape measure and start measuring myself. Doing that and seeing the numbers lower can be just a encouraging as a scale I think.

I hope everyone is doing good. Everyone stay focused. We can all do this!!
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:48 PM   #132  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Hey there ladies! I've been MIA for a few days, but back on track! Had some mad cravings and gave in. So, I'm hoping not to have a gain this week! I will find out tomorrow!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Mommyof3Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #133  

Hey Ladies How is everyone? Been days since there has been a post so i thought i would check in
Old 11-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #134  
searching 4 the real me

Happy Friday Everyone!!

It's been a few days since I posted last so wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing. My exercising has been awesome lately. Hitting the gym everyday and then walking 3+ miles in the afternoon. I am just having some trouble staying focused on my eating. It really hasn't been to good. However today is a new day and I'm going to try and stay focused. I keep telling myself " I CAN DO THIS!! " I hope everyone has a nice weekend. Everyone stay STRONG!!
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:29 PM   #135  
One pound at a time.

Hello everyone hope you've all had a good week. I've increased my exercise this week, walking more and picking up the tempo at Curves. It must have helped as I lost 3lbs this week.

I have to go and see the nutritional medicine people next week for a class on cholesterol. I'll let you know how it goes.

I am feeling much better about myself mentally and physically.

Ssgt's wife your weight loss is amazing congratulations.