Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 AM   #16  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Chipmunk and Wow!! Congrats to you on loosing 57lbs. I too was very active and very fit pre marriage. I played many sports. I never would have thought in a million years that I would be battling with my weight like I am now. The good part is that I have learned and that I am slowly loosing. I continue to stay active and very busy.

Well, I got on the scale this morning and weighed myself. I loss 2lbs this week. I guess Tuesday will be my weigh in each week.

Everyone keep up the great work!!!!
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 12:20 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 185/179/125

Height: 5'0"

Chipmunk (Michelle), glad to have you. Congrats on your 57lb loss. Any secrets you could share with me? How long did it take to lose the 57lbs?

Angie, so glad that everything is going good for you this week.

Missy, how are you today?

ssgtswife33: Congrats on your 2lb weightloss, that is so wonderful.

I don't have much to share today. It rained like crazy last night, the power went out and all I had for dinner was a piece of cheese and grapes. LOL, Should do wonders for the scale this week. My husband and I actually spent some quality time together just talking when he got home (with his hours, that is very unusual) so it made for a great evening. Well, the power was out so he had to talk to me. lOL

I hope you ladies have a great OP day! TTFN.
n2luvnlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 05:21 PM   #18  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

ssgwife- CONRAGTS on the poundage lost!!

Chipmunk, welcome to the group! We're glad you're here, you'll fit right in, and your major loss is an inspiration to us to lose more!!!

little lori - i'm ok...1 of the stubborn 3 is gone...but still 2 more to lose to get back on track at 191, don't think it's happening in August, totally bummed that I probably won't meet my goal for this month, but I will keep on truckin. Season 3 of Nip Tuck came out today, so DH & I will be glued to that and will do ab lounger and squats on breaks....good luck today ladies, updates tomorrow!!!
missyb4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 11:29 PM   #19  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi everyone

Chipmunk, welcome to our group! Hey, it's growing! That's excellent
great job on losing so much already! That's great! Cheers for you

I started my diet the day after hubby left for 2 months. He's back now but still going strong on the diet. I told him he's on a diet too and he just said "no problem!". (he is only about 5 pounds over though)

Missy, congrats on your pound. Sounds like only a little ol measly pound to you but I bet it still took work to get it off. We all know that! Keep going!

n2luvnlife - Bummer your power went out, I hate when that happens. Especially if you don't have a battery in the alarm clock. We had a hurricane a few yrs back (where I used to live) and it was 4 days we were all stuck inside our houses, no power. We ate everything on the bbq including making water for coffee. It was tough. Not as tough as it could have been of course. (like Katrina, etc)

Another day gone by already. They go so fast.

We've been buying a bunch of these new Nestea single tubes for bottled water lately. My hubby goes through about 4-5 of them a day so I kept buying them. Well, we got out a plastic container to keep them in, I was tired of all the little boxes. We took them all out and put them in one container. I swear we have about 100 of them now. Geez I'd hate to add up how much I spent on those things.

Everything going well on my end. This forum has helped me stay on a pretty solid track and I'm super happy about that. Very few weak moments for me so far. Never say never but I'm liking that I don't feel tempted to go pig out on anything!!

Hope everyone had a good day!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 03:53 PM   #20  
searching 4 the real me

Hello Everyone!!

Well... Back to school started today so after dropping my oldest off at school, me and my youngest headed to the park. They have a huge lake there with a walking path around it. One lap around the lake is 1 mile. We did 2 laps so I got 2 miles in so far this morning. My little one loves that park. The lake is filled with ducks. I swear there are atleast 200-300 ducks there. My goal is to head there each morning after dropping my son off at school and then hitting the walking trail. I would like to build it up where I can do maybe 4-5 laps around the lake.

missy~ Congrats on your 1lb loss. I know your not where you planned to be at the end of the month but just hang in there and keep on going. It will come off and then you'll be headed down to the 180 track.: Keep your chin up and keep going!!

littlelori~ It does stink when the power goes out however it was good that you got to spend some good quality time with your hubs.

Angie~ I have been wanting to try the Nestea single tubes. I use Crystal Light and love it. They are a little pricey but they are sooo good. I try to hunt coupons for things like that to help save me money. *hehe* I drink water, caff. free diet coke & Crystal Light. I would love to eventually get off of diet soda's completely.

I hope everyone is having a great Wednesday!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 08:00 AM   #21  
SO Determined!

GOOD MORNING LADIES!!!! It's almost Friday!!!

Jenn - AWESOME on finding the park's walking path, that is a GREAT way for 1: your daughter to have a blast and be active, and 2: for you to get a great workout in early in the morning, that way you still have your day!! Less of a chance to get distracted and push your workout off.............like me These past two days I've been so consumed with catching up on Season 3 of Nip/Tuck I've only done the ab lounger and some squats at home...I miss the gym I'll go back tonight as hubby has a late night training at work.

Hope everyone else is having an awesome day! Keep up the good work!!
Old 08-31-2006, 10:44 AM   #22  

Default Good Morning!

Hey ladies! Hope everyone is getting off to a great start today.

Missy, What is up with this weather today? It is only 71 here today. I am freezing and it is so dreary today and rainy. oh, well it is almost FRIDAY!!!!
Get back to that gym tonight! I do hope you have enjoyed Nip and Tuck though.

ssgtswife33: Great idea! Walk some for me too. You will up to 4-5 laps very soon. I miss walking. Living here it just isn't convenient. When I lived in Norfolk - I would walk 3 miles everyday. Congrats on the loss.

Angie, I use those Nestea tubes too. I absolutely love them. I am an iced tea fanatic. I could drink a gallon a day and have and more.

Chipmunk: I hope you are doing okay.

Anyone have any major plans for the holiday weekend? I am going to Maryland to see my cousins - they are having a Pool Party - cook out on Saturday. I hope the weather holds out. If not, I guess it will be moved inside.

I didn't do as well last night at dinner as I should have. I am on Atkins and my husband actually had 1/2 a day at work yesterday (supposed to be studying) so he wanted Mexican. urrrrgh - It is very hard to find something to eat on Atkins that is Mexican. Well I couldn't find anything. I had 10 chips (Bad Lori) and settled on the Chicken quesadillas, I opt'd out of the rice and beans. Oh, well - that is my first mess up since starting. I am not going to let it get me down. I am focused and back on track. ( It could have been worse)
Weigh in is tomorrow, wish me luck.

Have a great day and make it an OP day!
Old 08-31-2006, 11:39 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 158/158/120

Height: 5"0

Hi i hope youdont mind me joining this thread, My hubby is a US Marine station in NC. I live here in the UK, so the distance adds to my stress, i get stressed, depressed and eat. A visious circle.

Looking forward to getting to know you!
lilmrsmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 11:45 AM   #24  

lilmrsmullen: That has got be hard with you living overseas and he is stationed in NC. When will you see him again?

We both are the same height. I have alot more to lose then you, but it is all the same. Glad to have you and post often.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:39 PM   #25  
searching 4 the real me

Hi lilmrsmullen and Glad to have you aboard. That definitely has to be hard with him being stationed in NC. How long will it be before you see him again? Hopefully not too long. Again, welcome!!!

littlelori~ I'm doing Atkins too. I wouldn't let that mexican food get you down either. Just get back on track and keep peddling. Let us know about your weigh in tomorrow.

Well.. today I did my 2 mile walk around the lake again. I will continue to do 2 miles and starting next week, I will try for 3. It was a beautiful morning and not to hot (thank goodness). I took some bread this time and me and my son (18mo.) sat down by the lake and fed the ducks and the birds. He had a blast.

Everyone have a good one!! Keep up the good work ladies!!!
Old 08-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #26  
I'm on the wagon

HI everyone!

Yup almost Friday! I guess that's a good thing.. I have some work to catch up on first and if I don't get it done, less of a weekend until I do. I work in publishing and it's all about deadlines. MUST meet them.

So I lost 2 pounds earlier in the week and they stayed off until today, my weigh in day. I'm super happy about that. I lost 0 last week so I was happy to get something this week.

I got new eye glasses today and wow what a difference. My eyes are actually burning a bit so I might have to rest my eyes for bits in between until I get used to them.

lilmrsmullen
Welcome! And yup anyone is welcome to jump in here. The more the merrier! Sorry to hear you're so far away from your hubby. Is that a long term thing? I hate my hubby being away at all. Right now he's home for a month or so.

ssgtswife33
Awesome job on the walking! And you get to feed ducks and spend time with your little one outside. It's all a good thing!! Does your little one walk too or do you put him in the stroller? I'm guessing you do, that'd be quite a walk for a little one.

n2luvnlife AND ssgtswife33
You guys are both doing Atkins! I know some really love that program and have no probs but I just couldn't take it!! Everyone is different though and I'm glad you both found a program you like that you can stick with!

This weekend .. if I get my work done on time and don't spend my time here that is... we'll probably do a bit of driving around, maybe take some photos. Get outside, smell some of the air before the rain comes again (it rains here all winter, rather than snow).

So, that said, I better get to it!!

Talk to you guys later!!

~ Angie
Old 09-01-2006, 08:11 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 158/158/120

Height: 5"0

Being away from huubby wil be liek this for another year and a half, i will see him around Christmas time before he deploys again early next year, and then again summer 2007, who knos after that.

I teach and the summer vacation is over here now, so i am back to work monday, my kids are back at school, it will be my sons first day.

I did manage to get some exercise in yesterday, i took my daughter swimming, so while she played, i swam lengths. While i was there i signed up for the gym, i have my induction sunday morning, i cant wait to get started there.
lilmrsmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:02 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone.... Just checking in. Got to talk to the hubby this morning he is doing well. I can't believe its been 25 days since he left but then on the other hand it seems like forever. I have been doing good on food staying on plan. I had to switch to pilates this week since it was TOM taebo and kicking just were not working out for me haha TMI i know. HOpe everyone has a great weekend. Keep up the good work
~Amber
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:17 PM   #29  
I'm on the wagon

HI everybody

It's Friday! woo hoo!!

lilmrsmullen - oh my you must have strength... that's a long time away from the one you love. I'm glad you keep busy, that helps a LOT. We have no kids, so when hubby is not here it is too quiet. I work from home too so I force myself to get out and do things. I STILL have no friends here yet, after almost 2 yrs. Well, I know a few people thru hubby but no friends of my own. I don't have kids, or a dog.. that seems to be the theme here in the military quarters. I am trying to find an art class I can take next month when hubby goes away.

married2asoldier
25 days.. doesn't sound TOO bad but I know it can feel really long at times. I find the first 2 weeks are no problem, then it feels like "enough already" after that, for me. TOM for me too this week.. so I know where you're coming from there. Hubby and I went for a 45 min walk yesterday evening so that was nice. I'm gonna make him go again tonight, he doesn't know that yet! hehehe

~ Angie
Old 09-01-2006, 02:37 PM   #30  
SO Determined!

Hey ladies!!! A HUGE welcome to the new chicas joining us Sorry I haven't posted in awhile, but Tropical Storm Ernesto has been gracing us with his presence and our internet has been very intermittent due to the 6+ inches of rain and power outages in the past day!! No gain, but no loss either...I guess I'll be content that I'm stagnant when I've been stagnant in my workout this week too...as soon as we're allowed to drive anywhere, I'm desperate to go to the gym (all the roads are closed due to flooding.)

Good luck ladies - keep me posted, and keep up the good work!!!

Also, I'd love to hear what everyone's weight loss goals for September are...I'm going to undershoot and say 4lbs...that will put me in the 180's like I so desperately want to be...that way if I lose more, I'll suprise myself!