Old 10-15-2006, 10:49 AM   #106  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Everyone!!

Missy~ Sounds like your doing real good. I haven't had coldstone in a very long time. Wow.. "cardio-blast"? That sounds very intense. If you got it from a shape magazine, then it probably was. Keep up the great work!!

Angie~ I'm glad to hear that you lost 6lbs. I know that was frustrating gaining that weight from water but I'm glad your almost back to where you were before the water gain. Some people may have lost motivation if they had gained 7lbs (of water). I'm glad you hung. You have great motivation & determination. Keep up the great work!!

Well... I need to get going. I have a bodypump class that I'm going to at the gym. Everyone take care and have a wonderful weekend.
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 01:38 PM   #107  
SO Determined!

Height: 5'8"

Hey all - despite not being the BEST eater this weekend, I haven't been too horrible, and have managed to stay stagnant which isn't great, but it's better than gaining. By god, I'm going to drop those stupid 2 lbs and get into the 180's by the end of OCT!! I've been drinking TONS of water, and I've been staying pretty active this weekend despite not really getting a chance to work out, so hopefully once I get back into my routine this week, we'll start to see some positive changes. Thanks so much for the encouragement - Angie, you're a freakin superstar!!! Keep up the great work ladies!!!
missyb4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 02:04 PM   #108  
Just a few more pounds...

S/C/G: 226/206/165

Height: 5' 10"

Default Another Military Wife with a few pounds to lose!

Hello all --

The thread title caught my attention. I'm a proud Army Wife with 3 children. We are stationed at NAS Pensacola. Yes, an Army family at a Naval Station. It's really strange for us here. It's kind of like an American speaking English in England -- the same but different!

My third child was born almost 10 weeks ago and while I am at my pre-pregancy weight, I hadn't lost the weight from my second pregnancy and that was almost 2 years ago! So I'm trying the "Fat Smash Diet" and so far so good. I'm just in Phase I. My goal is to have all my weight off by Easter. I would also like to run the St Patrick's Day 5k here. My monthly goal is to lose 8 pounds per month. So, October is good and I'm just getting ahead for November!

Look forward to meeting you all.

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Mommyof3Spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:52 AM   #109  
SO Determined!

Bonnie Jean, WELCOME!! Great to have you here. I'll tell you right now, we have phases, we come and go, sometimes life catches up and someone is MIA for a few days, but we always keep tabs on eachother, so don't feel bad if life catches up with you and you can't post frequently. However, when you need support, that's one of the things we rock at. I've found that when I'm MIA, my weight and my motivation suffers, it really helps having these girls around, and hopefully we can provide that help to you too!!! Keep up the good work ladies, I'm off to work :-)
Old 10-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 275/246/180

Height: 5'4"

Hello Everyone, Back after an exciting day in the Islands yesterday.... Earthquake and then a power outage for 16 hours made for a long day with a two year old and a 3month old. Especially since it was raining and we couldn't go outside all day. Happy to Report I am down another 4 pounds. Does anyone else have weeks where its like one pound or nothing and then the next week its a lot? That seems to be the pattern for me. Hope everyone else had a better sunday then I did. Talk to you all soon
~Amber
married2asoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:14 PM   #111  
searching 4 the real me

Hi Ladies!!

Bonnie Jean Nice to have a newcomer on board I too am an Army Wife. We got stationed here in Las Vegas. No Army base around here, only Air Force Base so I know what you mean. Something that you will find here is alot of support, inspiration and motivation. All the girls here are wonderful. Glad to have a new family member on board. Again, Welcome!!

Amber~ First of all, on your 4lb loss!! I've gone thru the same thing you have. There might be a week or two that I don't loose any but then another week goes by and I may loose 3 or more. It all varies. Just remember when you see that scale say 0lbs loss, don't let it intimidate ya and discourage you. If your working out, you may not loose pounds but you may loose inches. Just something to keep in mind. I bet that was 16 long hours with no power... especially with the kids.

missy~ You've got alot of determination!! I think by the end of the month, you will have lost more then those 2lbs. Keep up the good work!!

Angie~ You have been quiet lately but I hope your doing good.

I'm still hitting the gym each and everyday. I mainly go in the morning. I figured if I wait until later in the afternoon, I might start making excuses. I hope everyone is staying strong. Girls, keep up the good work!!
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 11:04 AM   #112  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hi Everybody!

Yes I'm still here! I'm doing fine, just busy with a lot of work these days.
Hubby goes away again next Friday, for 6 weeks. Not looking forward to that but.. what can ya do?

WELCOME to Bonnie Jean! Hi! Nice to see you here. Congrats on your new baby 8 pounds is a good goal per month, I think. Some months you may have more, some less. So far it's that way for me, at least.

married2asoldier
To answer your question about the weekly losses.. yes I have a LOT of 0 weeks, and then the other weeks seem to make up the difference. I have water retention issues, so I think that's the reason for me. Don't let it get you down. It is hard sometimes. When I'm having a down day, I try to remember that it is probably just that, a bad day. The next day will look brighter. Sorry to hear you were in Hawaii during the earthquake. Thank goodness it wasn't worse. I feel bad for everyone who is there, but thankfully it's just 'stuff' that got damaged and not people.

ssgtswife33
Good for you on doing the gym early in the morning.
If you find that's the time you have the most motivation to get it done.. stick with that. It's tough but I bet you feel good about yourself after you've done that each time. Me, I prefer working out in the afternoon, or at around 8 pm. Depends on which type of exercise I end up doing that day.

I started a painting class last week, on Thursday mornings. I did painting back in High School (yrs ago now hehe) and I wanted something to do while hubby went away this time. I like it so far. I work from home via the internet (I'm a graphic designer) so I don't get outside much except for grocery shopping, etc so this is a nice change. It's nice to do something different. I took the day class because I don't like driving at night. I usually work in the morn but I can make the time up when I get back, since it's only 2 hours.

Well I hope you're all doing fine. Me, I'm doing really good and zooming right along to my Christmas goal!

Oh yeah speaking of holidays!... eekkk Halloween is coming up. Usually that's a rough patch for me because I really love the treats. We have no kids, but usually (in the past) I'd always buy extra treats to make sure I get some myself. Well this year I decided I'm only buying candies I don't really like. So, no bars, no chips, etc. I'll be buying sour candies, suckers, etc. Sorry kids.. I'd buy bars, but..

Ok phone's ringing so gotta run for now
Talk to you all soon!

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:42 PM   #113  
SO Determined!

Hey girls!! Glad to see you back Angie Well, let's see, I've been going to the gym, drinking my water (for the most part, some days it's way more than I need, some days it's right at 64oz) and taking my vitamins, and I've been trying REALLY hard, but not hard enough to eat right - I've slipped quite a bit this week and I'm pretty ticked at myself inside about that. I agree with Angie, having this candy around is driving me bananas - I wish I would have had that idea Angie, would have saved me a lot of angst!
Needless to say, this has been a very stagnant week for me - I've neither gained or lost weight which is frustrating - but I guess I can only stick with it and get bette at my eating habits. Keep up the good work, it's inspirational to see you all doing so well - talk to you soon!
Old 10-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #114  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

Hey everybody!

Missy.. well at least if you're going thru a rough patch and haven't gained.. then that's not so bad. Try not to feel bad.. just try to improve what you know you're not doing well on. The bad feelings will just fester and it won't help.. it might make you slip. I try the best I can for the week I'm having. Some weeks are stellar weeks, some are not. But never give up. Sounds like you're doing a lot of really good things anyway. Drinking water, working out. The focus is right on.. so maybe you're just off this last week or so.
I've heard that the success formula is 80% diet, and 20% exercise. I try to remember that as a guide. I exercise a little on most days, but I know as long as my food intake is good, I'm doing fine if I mess up on something else like the exercise now and then. The water thing I still have a bit of struggle with though. I do drink MORE than I would before going on this program but it's still probably less than I should have.

Hope everyone else is doing fine! C'mon jump in!

Boooo hoo my hubby is going away again for 6 weeks on Oct. 30. I hate that but at least the good news is he'll be back before Christmas holidays.

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #115  

Default Hubby will be back 1 day early!

DH has been on TDY since October 10 and when he called last night he said he should be back on the 28th and not the 29th!!

I'm still doing well, but have promised not to get on the scale until Friday! We will see if I can wait that long!

Hope you are all well.

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-20-2006, 06:51 PM   #116  
SO Determined!

Hey girls!!! Well - I slacked off on the working out last night - but I am going jogging in about 45 minutes tonight, and for once - I was under on calories, fat, sodium, EVERYTHING today!!!! I actually felt like I ate a ton of food too which made it all the more awesome!! I'm really glad, but still bummed because the weight is still there and it's not going anywhere. I really gotta do something, this is driving me nuts- but I'm being impatient because I started working out last week pretty hard, I know I've got to give it time.

Bonnie Jean - don't ya love it when they get to come home early?

Angie - Awesome on the painting class And I"m glad hub will be home before Christmas - my hub is going to school (WLC for you Army wives) and is leavin Nov. 13th will be back Dec. 15th (in my mind, this will give me a month long jump start to lose some weight and work out like crazy before the holidays!!)
KEPP UP THE GOOD WORK GIRLS!!!
Old 10-22-2006, 08:34 PM   #117  
SO Determined!

Hey girls!!! Quiet weekend here! Well, I went jogging the other night and did my 1.5 mile run in 15:10 which is above what i need to pass, but still putting me in the "satisfactory" range which is NOT "satisfactory" for me - had a bad weekend food wise, so DH & I decided to go back to cutting out the carbs - not totally, but staying away from the refined flours, and really sticking to meat, cheeses, and veggies since that seems to be where we see our results, and we don't miss the starches until we re-introduce them and get used to them all over again but once they are gone, we're just fine. Also need to really watch it with the sugars - gotta go back to sugar free/splenda stuff. Hopefully I will quit being such a loser and lose these damned two pounds that are totally dragging me down - I've GOT TO GET MY FAT REAR END OUT of the 190's, it's killing me, I shouldn't be here, and my will power just SUCKS lately!!
Well, I hope you all have done better than I have this weekend, let's hear some inspiration!!
Old 10-24-2006, 09:36 PM   #118  

Just checking in to say hello!! It's been a tough week. I'm having issues with my in-laws and it is making me want to comfort myself with food, but I've been good! I think I would rather lose weight then get fat worrying about them!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Take care,
Bonnie Jean
Old 10-25-2006, 10:10 AM   #119  
SO Determined!

Bonnie Jean -ahhhh - I feel your pain!! this week has been really stressful, GOOD FOR YOU though on not eating to comfort yourself - now kick my butt and make sure I don't stray!! I've been really good about avoiding carbs this week, but not so great on working out
Old 10-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #120  

Well, Missy, maybe we can kick each other's butt into a workout or two! I just have been so preoccupied with everything else! Especially with dh gone. He hasn't been gone this long since he was deployed to Iraq! I'm starting to miss him! LOL

I also couldn't stay off the scale. But lucky me, I lost another 3 pounds, for a total of 16 pounds! I am so excited! I haven't seen these numbers on the scale since I was pregnant with my second child! I'm thinking I'm going to be looking pretty good for New Years!!