Old 07-05-2006, 07:16 AM   #106  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Nine down, twelve to go. Off for a walk. Early vet appt, and work. Many issues still, and I may be making some life changes...other than this one.

Tally:
1. water *********
2. Road walk *******
3. No food after 7 pm. *********
4. 2 glasses of wine/week. -1-
5. multivitamin *********

Was coaching a barbership quartet last night....I had fun. These guys have a nice sound when all is well.

Anyway, have a great day ladies!
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:07 AM   #107  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Post Thank the gods/goddesses for fresh starts

As a result of the wheat crackers and my two worst enemies, stress and fatigue, yesterday \I found myself having a good visit with two old friends, Ben and Jerry. Starting over again with the original plan, although am going to also try the Shangri-la thing (oil, I just don't think I can safely have sugar in my system).

I'm back from the gym. Did 15 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 25 min. walk there and back and 25 mins. doing the circuit. I'm going out to do a set of tai chi before brekkie. And I WILL meditate -- that's one thing I'd really love to have habitual It transforms my life and I feel like my life could really stand a little transformin' right about now

So, here we go:
  • Eat only at the table when alone (I always struggle with this but it makes it so much easier to stay OP and so much less likely to stray off-plan)
  • Core. Absolutely. Plus maybe the Shangri-la thing...
  • At least 2L water
  • Aerobic exercise every day
  • Meditate every day
  • Either tai chi or yoga every day
  • Something just for fun, every day

WSW, wow -- day 13! You're an inspiration!!! I'm going to give it my all this time.

Ceara, thanks so much for all the info. I've poked around on the Web and it really seems like people are finding this helpful. That's a beautiful attitude you have about litters of pups and being responsible -- wish everyone felt the same way!

Hmmm... life changes -- I hope this is something 100% and not disturbing!

Kaylets, how's the posterior? I was glad to hear you didn't have any other damage!

Kat, fear not! Sometimes 'tis all we can do to report in. And sometimes that's all we can do for weeks on end, and nobody minds Mmmm... sunning and swimming -- my favorite things in the world. I'm surrounded by beaches here. Why is it I haven't gotten to one yet?

Eydie, I think the reception got out of hand because, in the invitations, there was a note about letting them know if you wanted to speak. Which I think people took as a solicitation. I'm still feeling mad at my friends

Cowpernia, that's the beauty of the challenge! It doesn't matter how many tries it takes to get in 21 days. If you mess up, you just start again and you've got a clean slate!

K, in between things I did my tai chi. Just have meditation -- and of course that "Core" thing -- left to make today a success. Oh and fun, yeah, lessee, what'll I do...

Avanti!

Last edited by Arabella; 07-05-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:44 PM   #108  
wsw

day 14 under my belt! the heat is just relentless, and defintely not a good mix with my ms. i need to plan more down time after i've gone out for an errand. i have several appointments scheduled for the next few days, so will make sure i allow plenty of extra time to "recover" in between each of them. well, a good evening to all. take care.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:55 PM   #109  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Hi yall! Mind if I join? I'm doing other challenges on other boards, but I'm always up for something else that's going to keep me in line!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:47 AM   #110  
a work in progress...

Default Okay, I'm back

I think things have finally settled down around here. I can stop and take a breath and don't have to be 'somewhere' in the next 10 minutes. Thank god for that, since I am at work, and they'd frown upon me just up and leaving for some pleasant diversion. Not to mention that it is 4:00 in the morning.

I'm all caught up on reading posts, even took notes as I read so I don't have to keep going back when making my replies! Dork that I am.

The birthday went well, but I gotta admit that I did not adhere to the challenge guidelines that I'd set for myself. I did not OVER indulge, but I did stray. Mmmm...carrot cake, my favorite! I wanted to make my own birthday cake, so that I could insure that it would be healthy and nutritious and even Core, if possible. Dh went to the bakery instead, and so it was back to square ONE for me on Tuesday.

One thing I'm noticing is that any setbacks are not setting me WAY back like they usually do. Usually, I'll fall off the wagon, figure I've messed up anyway and proceed to eat everything in sight. Nope, haven't done that. Just pick myself up, dust myself off and start again at another Day One.

Tonight is weigh in @ WW. I've been avoiding the scale, so whatever the number is, it is a direct result of how strong and consistent my efforts are. I think I've been pretty consistent, but I know I can always do better. I'm shooting for that this week.

Ceara, I've got to admit that I was intrigued by the Shangila diet and spent a good amount of time at Seth Robert's website, just reading and learning. I'm thinking of giving it a try today. Will see how that goes...and report results, of course! How's the doggie?

wsw...Is it 15 days now? I'm so impressed. You said something that stuck with me: "...some days are just harder than others, even when the reasons are not always obvious for me. " So true. I'm so gung-ho some days, have no qualms about chopping veggies, guzzling water, getting to the gym. Other days it's all I can do to get out of bed. Just gotta keep getting up though and doing what needs to be done.

Arabella...Wow, I'm all for a party, but a 6 hour reception? Good grief. And speeches? No, it's not you, that's just too much. Hey, we have some mutual friends! I know Ben & Jerry too! Intimately...wink wink. I have a question for you, did you learn Tai Chi in a class, from a tape or a book? It's always fascinated me, I tried a class at the gym, but the instructor was, hmmm, less than helpful. In his own little world I'd say.

Cowpernia, I hear ya on staying off the scale. I'm finding that NOT getting on (and being disappointed) prevents me from the "Oh well" binge trigger!

Eydie...So...how was your class? Any pointers for us on navigating fairs and food and festivals?

Kaylets...We're due for a break in the weather at last! Today is supposed to be nice with very little humidity. Gonna definitely get out into the garden. I did some weeding the other day and was DRENCHED in sweat within minutes. We haven't had any power outages (THANK GOD, I'd die without AC) but the phone's been wonky for days. Hopefully Verizon will favor us with a visit today.

Anagram, Sorry about weekend plans going down the pipes. I hope things are better now.

Hpnotq...sure come on aboard! Always room for another challenger. Welcome to our merry band!

Allright, I've rambled on for long enough. It's very quiet around here tonight. (i probably just jinxed that now that I mentioned the "Q" word!) I hope that I didn't miss anyone, Here's wishing us all a happy and successful day!
katrinabgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:38 AM   #111  

Hello all....

Welcome Hpnotq! Glad to have you with us!

Well.... I now understand why its called Devil Foods Cake......
I too celebrated a birthday... My new office team treated me to a lovely, moist, devils food cake. Which let loose the flood gates!! We had a/c problems at the job and I became much, much too warm and KNEW I shouldnt eat anything.... but DID....and suffered for nearly 4 hrs w/ the biggest stomach ache I have had in ages.....

So....

Sometimes we only learn the HARD way.....

I gave the remaining cake away.
Even as my stomach hurt I was thinking another piece would be tasty.
Can I really be so overcome by sugar? YES

I believe it now. I really could benefit by a 12 step club for sugar. And I'm not being disrepectful or funny..... I'm serious.

Thought of the day :

"Generally speaking, you aren't learning much when your lips are
moving."

Question of the day :

"How many vehicles do you own?"

So, in keeping w/ today's thought.....

Have a good one all.....
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:41 AM   #112  
Got to be in it to win it

S/C/G: 239/203/174

Height: 6'

Default I'm going to try

I've been meaning to do something like this for a while and it could be just what I need to get me going. I'm going to do 21 days of excercise for 20 minutes a day - minimum. Rules are:
1) that it can be anything so walking to running to housework
2) if needs be it can be broken into chunks
3) I can't stockpile - e.g. I can't do 60 minutes one day to take the next three off - it _has_ to be 20 minutes every day.

I'm now determined!
Clutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #113  
the sword bearer

Mornin' Actually it has been so nice since yesterday that I've been able to turn OFF the AC....an unheard of thing in July.

Boppin' right along....
Tally:
1. water **********
2. Road walk ********
3. No food after 7 pm. **********
4. 2 glasses of wine/week. -1-
5. multivitamin **********
if I will get a walk in this am before the programme....I'm thinkin' I'll do it tonight after supper. My programme went well Tuesday in spite of my employer and their induced interuptions (why would you send a man out to change a modem while staff is alone with 12 kids? And the roof guys weren't done.) Like I say, I'm balanced mentally and physically for some reason...or just in shock. I sure as H*** know that I'm depressed....I am exhausted. Bed is an escape. As are books usually...but since those are sorta a part of the problem, they aren't showing their usual allure.

SO brekkie tomorrow.... if the parentals will make it...DF is getting his 2nd cataract done today and the recheck is tomorrow. He had the 1st done on Tuesday....and it is good. But my friend and I will be there to carry on the tradition, and continuity. I need that right now.

Well my efforts are paying off....NSV alert. I wore a shorts outfit that I haven't worn in years yesterday and it looked nice! And was comfy. I am a decade away from a couple of other pairs...and intend to get there. I can wear walking shorts to work...whatever that means...I suppose they don't want them so short that your dignity shows....and at this moment I actually have a few pair I can wear! Am also wearing my old walking on the road shorts again...they would not fit at first of June.

It is great to see more new people in the palace....welcome! Clutha and Hpnotq, our new s! Huzzah! Wsw you are doing great! I know Kaylets...I still have my chocolate cake in the freezer and although I didn't put any food restrictions on myself...except for the 7 pm, I have to keep "forgetting" that it is there. Now that DS is home maybe I'll "force" him to eat it I think that sugar is like potatoes...they are not that bad on their own, but it what you put with them that kills you. What is Ben and Jerry....I'm assuming booze....enlighten please. Kat what do you do? I'd be at that time of the morning!

Anyway... to all....gotta boogey. Missing the questing s...hope they haven't fallen off their palfreys!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:21 AM   #114  
the sword bearer

quicky...forgot the dog report...she is 48 lbs...which means she was around 40 when she got here, and we pulled blood for a heart worm. The other 2 rescued with her were negative on that so I'd assume she will be too....she is doing great...playing with toys now, more relaxed. Still not pack integrated.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #115  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up 2/2/1: Yes, I made it yesterday!

At the end of the day, I'd done everything but "fun." I picked myself a wacky bouquet for the kitchen and let that suffice. Anything is better than nothing, right? It's totally pathetic that making sure I have some fun is as hard as -- or harder than -- sticking to core, getting exercise. Also pathetic that I have trouble thinking of things that would be fun...

I woke up at 4 this morning and decided by 4:30 that I wasn't getting back to sleep. So I had a cup of tea and then a nice long meditation. Going to go for a walk soon and will do a set of tai chi afterwards.

Kaylets, Happy belated!!! I hope this year is FABULOUS for you!

That really was food, huh. No wonder it gave you a tummy ache! I have the same problem with sugar in anything more than miniscule amounts. I want it on a daily basis if I have it. Extra water and vitamin C helps to clear it out of the system.

We only have one car now. And I'm seriously thinking about giving it up once the lease is done. We live in town and it would be much cheaper to take public transit and rent a car for longer trips.

Ceara, our friends Ben & Jerry would be very hurt if they found out you'd never heard of them. Maybe you're more of a Häagen-Dazs kind of girl?

AND -- holy smokes!!! Look at your ticker -- NINE POUNDS GONE? (maybe you really have never heard of ice cream) Woooo-hooo for you!!! (And Shangri-la, here I come!)

Hope that the issues are positively resolved soon

Welcome, welcome to Clutha and Hpnotq!!!

Katrinabgood (KBG?), I love carrot cake too. It'd be a challenge to make it core, I think. Flour, don't you know. But I've had success experimenting with making cakes with spelt (wheat's no good for me) and sweetened with a mix of all-fruit spread, honey and stevia. I try not to eat sugar or wheat even for my flex points because they're addictive substances for me.

I took a class to learn tai chi. I do it on my own, but still find that I put a lot more into it when I do it with the group. The kind I do is Taoist tai chi.

K -- I'm all talk, not enough action so far today. I'd best hit it! Love to all, mentioned or un- ...

Avanti!

Last edited by Arabella; 07-06-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #116  
the sword bearer

Ack...I thought there was a brand of rye called J&B....we buy the cheap ice-cream...Chapman's. Don't think I've heard of that brand or am just being dumb here....is it an easterner kind?

Carrot cake...my fav too...actually just the cake part is, the carrots are a bonus. My mother makes an excellent one.

Gotta run...had fun this am at the programme.....
Old 07-06-2006, 12:52 PM   #117  
Follow Me to Onederland!

S/C/G: 284~278~150

Alright everyone...thanks for the welcome!!

Here's my rules:
1)exercise at least 5 of 7 days
2)write something every day...anything about my day etc
3)absolutely NO getting on the scale for the full 21 days (I'm terrible about getting on it multiple times a week)
4)drink no less than 24 oz water every day

So far I'm off to a good start. I've already drank 34 oz water and spent almost 2 hours at the gym today...and so far no getting on the scale. We'll see how that turns out today.

Everyone have a fabulous day!
Hpnotq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:08 PM   #118  
wsw

Welcome to hpnotq and clutha!!
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:11 PM   #119  

Hello all....

Just poking my head in as I drip dry from the shower. DH is still at work, I had a really tasty supper of 1 delicious apple chopped into 2 cups of cottage cheese, w/ splenda and cinnamon. I made toast and spooned the apple/cc on the bread and am a happy girl.

I fought intense sugar cravings all day...as soon as I'm done posting I'm running for the Vit C... Have to admit I did have a small piece of birthday cake ( someone else's not mine..... I really did give the remainder away last night)....
And lo and behold.... for the first time in maybe 10 yrs....ate some potato chips.
The problem is that they are sitting next the printer which I go to maybe 100 times a day. I just had a inspiration to move them into the kitchen and hopefully, someone else will toss them or take them. But at least, out of my sight.
So....

Here we go.... this is the exclusive preview to tomorrow's Thought of the day:

Thought of the day:

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere. " Agnes Repplier

Question of the day :

"Do you sleep in places other than your bed?"

Off to find the Vit C
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:32 AM   #120  
Got to be in it to win it

S/C/G: 239/203/174

Height: 6'

Default yay 1 down 21 to go

I'm really into this now and it's given me a real feeling of enthusiam again. Last night I went to the gym. I'm trying to see if I can run - never have been able before and I'd like to do a Triathlon - which involves running. Over the past couple of weeks I've been working a couple of minutes running into my walking but last night I managed a whopping 30 minutes. My knees were sore at the end of it but I was really chuffed to bits. So that made my 20 minutes for yesterday. Today I'm going out at lunchtime and will see if I can do 20 minutes walking! Go Me!
Clutha is offline   Reply With Quote